halamadrid2
The Demon of Carthage
danyjr
sportsczy
M99
24 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

UEFA Champions League 2021/22 QF - Chelsea v Real Madrid - Page 3 Empty Re: UEFA Champions League 2021/22 QF - Chelsea v Real Madrid

Post by halamadrid2 Tue Apr 12, 2022 11:19 pm

sportsczy wrote:He didn't have to play Nacho as a CB... I would have put Casemiro there (as Zidane used to at times). Would have allowed Camavinga to start as well.
That'sbasically telling Nacho to find a new club. Carlo won'tdo that. Nacho worked brilliantly with Militao last season. Shame that it had to be Militao missing and not Alaba or anyone else in that backline for that matter

halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

UEFA Champions League 2021/22 QF - Chelsea v Real Madrid - Page 3 Empty Re: UEFA Champions League 2021/22 QF - Chelsea v Real Madrid

Post by Lord Spencer Tue Apr 12, 2022 11:22 pm

sportsczy wrote:He didn't have to play Nacho as a CB... I would have put Casemiro there (as Zidane used to at times). Would have allowed Camavinga to start as well.

That's true, but Casemiro is a key player in the team.

I do think that it's time to phase him and Kroos out though, as its easy to neutralize them with fast runners and continuous pressure, which ends up neutralizing Modric as well.

Lord Spencer
Lord Spencer
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Tue Apr 12, 2022 11:28 pm

halamadrid2 wrote:
That'sbasically telling Nacho to find a new club. Carlo won'tdo that. Nacho worked brilliantly with Militao last season. Shame that it had to be Militao missing and not Alaba or anyone else in that backline for that matter

Forget hurting his feelings. It's about today. You owe it to the rest of the squad, the fans and management to play the best players at the best positions.

Carvajal looked miles better than Nacho at CB... that should tell you enough.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Tue Apr 12, 2022 11:29 pm

Lord Spencer wrote:

That's true, but Casemiro is a key player in the team.

I do think that it's time to phase him and Kroos out though, as its easy to neutralize them with fast runners and continuous pressure, which ends up neutralizing Modric as well.

Casemiro has become color blind. I'm convinced. He keeps passing it to the wrong team.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Tue Apr 12, 2022 11:35 pm

sportsczy wrote:
halamadrid2 wrote:

Forget hurting his feelings. It's about today. You owe it to the rest of the squad, the fans and management to play the best players at the best positions.

Carvajal looked miles better than Nacho at CB... that should tell you enough.
well the list is long of players that start who don't deserve to start. Nacho has come on many times and done really well, can only think of this game and the game against City i think it was where he has flopped (in CL). Imo Alaba was worse this game and was also terrible against Barca.
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Wed Apr 13, 2022 12:02 am

My god, you guys are pathetic! Even if Carlo manages to win the whole thing with this extremely thin lineup, you guys will still nickpick and criticize his every move!

Fickle fans!
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Spencer Wed Apr 13, 2022 12:16 am

Alaba was actually worse than Nacho this game, but still could at least progress the ball occasionally.

I don't think it's a simple decision to go with a DM in a CB's place if you need that DM in mid-field. I am not aware why Carlo doesn't play Camavinga more often, but he often preferred experience in mid-field (which works great when players like Seedorf and Modric execute ridiculous moves that are frankly out of the reach of most players) but backfires when the team is bullied off the ball when the bruisers (Gattuso and Casemeiro) are having an off-day.

It's ridiculous that Carlo isn't getting any credit for the progress of RM from last season, or when they pull off important wins but gets all the criticism when they lose.

While it's true that his pivotal weakness of rotation is still apparent, it could be argued that it allowed the key players, who are simply better than everyone else in the squad, to reach consistent heights despite the occasional tired game.
Lord Spencer
Lord Spencer
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Wed Apr 13, 2022 12:18 am

The Demon of Carthage wrote:If you put your emotions aside, you will come to realize that my quote doesn't have one iota of wrong in it.

Cama is too good to be a bench player, this is a fact, and I'm sure your rhetoric would be different if he were Spanish.

Valverde is too good to be a bench player, this is also a fact.

It is also well-documentated that Carlo doesn't rotate and always runs his starting eleven to the ground.

If you also set your emotions aside, you'll come to realize that his plan tonight was way off. First goal was through a godlike pass from Modric and a neat finish by Rodrygo. True definition of Individual brilliance.

Second goal only happened because Cama finally came on and he was able to do some interceptions in the midfield while Vini was still in a dangerous position and Benzema unmarked. Before that, the front three was totally isolated and Carlo had no answer for it.

If I ever needed a proof that Carlo is not the right man for the job, it would be tonight's performance.

Oh really! If he started Valverde, Camavinga, who would he have left to sub? It is much better to use the vets first rather than sub them later. You make believe coaches have no appreciation how he gets the most of these proven vets and has few options on a very thin bench.

“ realist my ass”. My entire life I have been an optimist. You’re not a fan, just a wantabee critic.
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by The Demon of Carthage Wed Apr 13, 2022 12:32 am

Nope, Cama and Valverde had to start, and he would still have his favorite players to sub in later if needs be.

Whether you want to admit it or not, Carlo was outsmarted tactically, and he got bailed out by his players.

If you want to live in denial that's your choice, but you don't get to shut us up just because you don't like hearing what we're saying.

I'll say it again, Carlo is not the right man for the job. Deal with it.
The Demon of Carthage
The Demon of Carthage
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Wed Apr 13, 2022 12:34 am

Want a bee!
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by The Demon of Carthage Wed Apr 13, 2022 12:36 am

I think the term you're looking for is wannabe.
The Demon of Carthage
The Demon of Carthage
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Wed Apr 13, 2022 12:46 am

Actually, I think Carlo is the right man for the job at our current state. Unless someone like Klopp becomes available, most managers would have a really challenging time to get this squad reaching anywhere near where we are now. To which, is a UCL semis and pole position in La Liga.

Sports wrote it nicely, we all know what Carlo brings (he's been coaching since the 90s ffs) so what we are seeing isn't anything new or bad. It's bland, no lie but he's done the best with what he has. My genuine dislike though is him not using Rodrygo and Valverde more than he should...and of course the Modric false nine nonsense.

I understand my fellow Madrid fans though, we want more, no harm in that. You're watching other teams play aesthetically pleasing football and wondering what the hell are we doing. Palpable stuff. To me though, Carlo is fine currently.

As for the game, this was Madrid vs Juventus 2.0. Tough luck to Chelsea, no lie, not sure what else they could have done more right but, Madrid won.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Chad31 Wed Apr 13, 2022 12:55 am

Militao huge miss thought nacho would've done better but that how football goes too sometimes, carlo waited a bit too long to make changes I know it's because he trust his vets and wants to give them confidence, but its comes a time when the game is getting away from us and things need to change, gotta hurt a couple feelings they are pros they will understand, for the life of me the team plays much better when they aren't on the defensive regardless of who plays its always a mess, just let them play normally and it wouldn't be 3-0, I don't see the need slander certain players to suck off Cama, you can praise the guy just fine without the slander of kroos or case, cause when they start playing well and being decisive you are all gonna fake praise them as usual then wait for another poor to run your mouth, when it's time for the team to move on from whoever that fine, but I'm not gonna shit on some of the best midfielders in the club history for the sake of it, it's not like people weren't trashing modric also for being old and finished.

Great goals from rod and benzema, excellent pass from modric and vini is a very good player when he is locked in he has a bright future ahead, if this team makes it to the final, I can see a win definitely hopefully pep gets it wrong against the team.

Chad31
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by The Madrid One Wed Apr 13, 2022 1:03 am

Well, we live on to dream another day. Could we possibly fluke our way through another CL victory this year 2018 style?

Ultimately I am left feeling like the likes of KCM, Benzema, and Courtois (our elite spine) deserve at least 1 more CL than what they have and I feel like we haven't quite squeezed out as much juice as we could have from the squad since 2018. With better transfer market activity, particularly with forwards, maybe we'd have 1 more league (looking at last year's) and (with luck on our side) maybe another CL.

We really need the league and god it would help our numbers to win the CL again. I don't like seeing Liverpool or Bayern close the CL gap, at least the Munich scum are out.
The Madrid One
The Madrid One
"Imaybeonthesideoftheangels..."

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Wed Apr 13, 2022 1:23 am

According to Marca we have now made 10 semi-finals in 12 years. That doesn't sound believable or does it. Cba to look it up. If true that's truly extraordinary
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Wed Apr 13, 2022 1:29 am

Would be extraordinary if you didn't.
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by farfan Wed Apr 13, 2022 1:32 am

halamadrid2 wrote:According to Marca we have now made 10 semi-finals in 12 years. That doesn't sound believable or does it. Cba to look it up. If true that's truly extraordinary

It sounds believable. I think the only pre-semi eliminations since 2010 were the loss vs Ajax under Scolari and Man City under Zidane.
farfan
farfan
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester City

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Wed Apr 13, 2022 1:33 am

The Madrid One wrote:Well, we live on to dream another day. Could we possibly fluke our way through another CL victory this year 2018 style?

Ultimately I am left feeling like the likes of KCM, Benzema, and Courtois (our elite spine) deserve at least 1 more CL than what they have and I feel like we haven't quite squeezed out as much juice as we could have from the squad since 2018. With better transfer market activity, particularly with forwards, maybe we'd have 1 more league (looking at last year's) and (with luck on our side) maybe another CL.

We really need the league and god it would help our numbers to win the CL again. I don't like seeing Liverpool or Bayern close the CL gap, at least the Munich scum are out.

We have no chance against City or you if we reach the final.
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Wed Apr 13, 2022 1:38 am

farfan wrote:
halamadrid2 wrote:According to Marca we have now made 10 semi-finals in 12 years. That doesn't sound believable or does it. Cba to look it up. If true that's truly extraordinary

It sounds believable. I think the only pre-semi eliminations since 2010 were the loss vs Ajax under Scolari and Man City under Zidane.
My God. We really have made that many semi-finals Shocked that's incredible. Credit to the players and their never say die mentality
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Wed Apr 13, 2022 1:40 am

Nishankly wrote:
The Madrid One wrote:Well, we live on to dream another day. Could we possibly fluke our way through another CL victory this year 2018 style?

what's with the pessimism. I think you have as good a chance as anyone to win it. Some really clutch players in your team
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Wed Apr 13, 2022 1:42 am

Tuchel is saying that the referee's performance is disgraceful.

What's he on about. Never saw us get favoured on a single call. He wanted the handball to stand despite it clearly saying any handball will be called by the attacker. Not a word from this sore loser about the corner they shouldn't have had when they scored
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Wed Apr 13, 2022 1:46 am

halamadrid2 wrote:
Nishankly wrote:

what's with the pessimism. I think you have as good a chance as anyone to win it. Some really clutch players in your team

No no, I know this crop of players are the best I have seen in my lifetime for the team I support but in the same time, I have seen what it takes to win a PL and CL while being on the end of losing both of these trophies more than twice and by little. Kroos and Modric can be 47 years old tomorrow but I will still rate them higher than anything I have ever seen for Liverpool.
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Wed Apr 13, 2022 1:50 am

Even teams like Cadiz pass through our midfield with ease. If I were you i wouldn't be worried.

Our defence isn't as solid as it was with Ramos either
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Wed Apr 13, 2022 10:52 am

halamadrid2 wrote:Tuchel is saying that the referee's performance is disgraceful.

What's he on about. Never saw us get favoured on a single call. He wanted the handball to stand despite it clearly saying any handball will be called by the attacker. Not a word from this sore loser about the corner they shouldn't have had when they scored

oh i saw a lot of Refdrid last night, make no mistake
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Wed Apr 13, 2022 11:05 am

Care to give examples?

The biggest mistake he did last night was against us lol

He even told Benz to get off the pitch despite not receiving treatment Laughing

If anything we are the ones who should feel aggrieved not Chelsea
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Wed Apr 13, 2022 11:26 am

well for starters that disallowed Alonso goal... absolute bullshit, hand barely touched the ball, if anything he was pulling his arm away. What happened to giving the player the benefit of the doubt? And before you say the ref went by the rulebook, it's still bullshit, because every week i see more obvious handballs not get called.

and then i just recall there being a few more bad calls in Madrid's favour from last nights, it even had me tweeting "Refdrid is in full force tonight" something like that... i can't remember the exact incidents off the top of my head, but there was one in extra time that Tuchel got livid at and he and Azpi both got yellow cards for arguing from the bench
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next