The Coronavirus Thread - Part 3

+23
danyjr
futbol
Nishankly
Thimmy
FennecFox7
rincon
CBarca
Robespierre
Arquitecto
BarrileteCosmico
Lucifer
Myesyats
LeVersacci
Babun
El Gunner
VivaStPauli
BarcaLearning
Warrior
Hapless_Hans
Kaladin
M99
RealGunner
Casciavit
27 posters

Page 6 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

Go down

The Coronavirus Thread - Part 3 - Page 6 Empty Re: The Coronavirus Thread - Part 3

Post by Myesyats Sat Jan 08, 2022 10:52 pm

BarrileteCosmico wrote:Covid will he over in 2 months

take you word for it

it's now 6 months since my 2nd dose of Pfizer. I might take the booster later this month, thinking about it

Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Posts : 17331
Join date : 2015-05-03

Back to top Go down

The Coronavirus Thread - Part 3 - Page 6 Empty Re: The Coronavirus Thread - Part 3

Post by VivaStPauli Sun Jan 09, 2022 7:08 pm

If you didn't have any strong side effects from your 2nd dose, I recommend you take a 3rd. I'm not a doctor, but I know a couple, and they all seem to favor it.

Your choice obviously, but I'll just say that while Omicron kills very little people, my co worker's girlfriend hasn't gotten her sense of taste back after 2 months, so you'll still want to have all the protection you can get. This is obviously just anecdotal and overall means nothing for your actual personal risk, but might as well share what I am told.
VivaStPauli
VivaStPauli
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC St. Pauli
Posts : 8933
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 38

Back to top Go down

The Coronavirus Thread - Part 3 - Page 6 Empty Re: The Coronavirus Thread - Part 3

Post by VivaStPauli Sun Jan 09, 2022 7:13 pm

PS: Also, personally, my side effects for the 3rd shot were much milder than for my 2nd, which sucked a bit (took 3 shots of Moderna).
VivaStPauli
VivaStPauli
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC St. Pauli
Posts : 8933
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 38

Back to top Go down

The Coronavirus Thread - Part 3 - Page 6 Empty Re: The Coronavirus Thread - Part 3

Post by BarrileteCosmico Sun Jan 09, 2022 7:41 pm

I had moderna all the way. 2nd shot made me exhausted but the 3rd I barely felt. It's half the dosage.

I know a lot of people with 2 shots that got omicron many of them had a tough time at it and one even spent a few nights in the ER. Highly encourage everyone to get a booster.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona
Posts : 27712
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 32

Back to top Go down

The Coronavirus Thread - Part 3 - Page 6 Empty Re: The Coronavirus Thread - Part 3

Post by Myesyats Sun Jan 09, 2022 9:47 pm

VivaStPauli wrote:If you didn't have any strong side effects from your 2nd dose, I recommend you take a 3rd. I'm not a doctor, but I know a couple, and they all seem to favor it.

Your choice obviously, but I'll just say that while Omicron kills very little people, my co worker's girlfriend hasn't gotten her sense of taste back after 2 months, so you'll still want to have all the protection you can get. This is obviously just anecdotal and overall means nothing for your actual personal risk, but might as well share what I am told.

Thanks. After #1  only my arm was sore, after #2 sore arm again + mild dizziness, nothing serious. I decided to get the booster The Coronavirus Thread - Part 3 - Page 6 Thumbs-up_1f44d
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank
Posts : 17331
Join date : 2015-05-03
Age : 23

Back to top Go down

The Coronavirus Thread - Part 3 - Page 6 Empty Re: The Coronavirus Thread - Part 3

Post by Hapless_Hans Sun Jan 09, 2022 9:59 pm

Definitively get the booster, as soon as you can

And now, let's plunge into the crowded pool of endemy

SPLASH
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon
Posts : 33966
Join date : 2013-09-17

Back to top Go down

The Coronavirus Thread - Part 3 - Page 6 Empty Re: The Coronavirus Thread - Part 3

Post by Hapless_Hans Sun Jan 09, 2022 10:04 pm

BarrileteCosmico wrote:I had moderna all the way. 2nd shot made me exhausted but the 3rd I barely felt. It's half the dosage.

I know a lot of people with 2 shots that got omicron many of them had a tough time at it and one even spent a few nights in the ER. Highly encourage everyone to get a booster.


I had 3x Moderna too.
Decent reaction to the second shot (described on here at the time), the reaction to the third shot was an exact mini-me copy of the one after the second.
Get the shot at noon, start to feel slightly ill in the evening, exactly 12 hours after the shot shivers, fever all through the night, next day exhausted and whacked. Just everything less. Just a few minuted of shivers, less high fever (38 instead of 39), less whacked the next day.

Makes sense as it's half a dose. Anyway, good stuff. I feel protected.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon
Posts : 33966
Join date : 2013-09-17

Back to top Go down

The Coronavirus Thread - Part 3 - Page 6 Empty Re: The Coronavirus Thread - Part 3

Post by Myesyats Sun Jan 09, 2022 10:06 pm

I'll step into the doctor's office and proclaim: "I'll take one CORVID jab now and one to go, thanks!"
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank
Posts : 17331
Join date : 2015-05-03
Age : 23

Back to top Go down

The Coronavirus Thread - Part 3 - Page 6 Empty Re: The Coronavirus Thread - Part 3

Post by Hapless_Hans Sun Jan 09, 2022 10:10 pm

Laughing

Hit me Doc!
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon
Posts : 33966
Join date : 2013-09-17

Back to top Go down

The Coronavirus Thread - Part 3 - Page 6 Empty Re: The Coronavirus Thread - Part 3

Post by LeVersacci Mon Jan 10, 2022 7:22 pm

3 shots in 1 year for a different type of flu with a survival rate of 99.98%.

I wonder how many shots will be given/forced to the public this year

https://www.reuters.com/world/middle-east/top-israeli-health-official-approves-second-covid-19-vaccine-booster-2021-12-30/

https://www.newsweek.com/netherlands-vaccination-booster-coronavirus-covid-shot-1664296?fbclid=IwAR25E6bzhpEO61l8xrXl1fXivYN9G9HlFo5-pxZ78gryoCog-eYwpBHvP1Q
LeVersacci
LeVersacci
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 13447
Join date : 2011-09-05
Age : 29

Back to top Go down

The Coronavirus Thread - Part 3 - Page 6 Empty Re: The Coronavirus Thread - Part 3

Post by El Gunner Mon Jan 10, 2022 8:11 pm

^^yupp Rolling Eyes

my concerns at this point are more with governments enforcing workplaces to enforce their workers all to get jabbed.

how many of y'all's countries have made such a rule already?
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Club Supported : Arsenal
Posts : 20611
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 25

Back to top Go down

The Coronavirus Thread - Part 3 - Page 6 Empty Re: The Coronavirus Thread - Part 3

Post by Myesyats Mon Jan 10, 2022 8:48 pm

I know a few people first hand who died under a respirator or barely got away (my uncle, aunt's sister-in law etc) so I can't afford to be ignorant in light of these facts. But personally think the 3rd shot, meaning the booster, will be enough

And I'm not doing it for myself but because I live with my grandma
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank
Posts : 17331
Join date : 2015-05-03
Age : 23

Back to top Go down

The Coronavirus Thread - Part 3 - Page 6 Empty Re: The Coronavirus Thread - Part 3

Post by Nishankly Mon Jan 10, 2022 8:59 pm

France:

1306 people for 100,000 unvaccinated people who tested +ve
681 for 100,000 vaccinated 6 months old and beyond
193 for 100,000 booster

212 people for 1M in intensive care for unvaccinated
11 for 1M vaccinated 6 months old and beyond
5 for 1M with booster

Quite clear who is causing the trouble here
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Club Supported : Lyon
Posts : 20898
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 28

Back to top Go down

The Coronavirus Thread - Part 3 - Page 6 Empty Re: The Coronavirus Thread - Part 3

Post by LeVersacci Mon Jan 10, 2022 10:54 pm

El Gunner wrote:^^yupp Rolling Eyes

my concerns at this point are more with governments enforcing workplaces to enforce their workers all to get jabbed.

how many of y'all's countries have made such a rule already?
Same. People can inject themselves every 3 months with the Pfizer/Moderna subscription for all I care. It’s the rising mandates in EU that’s worrying.

We only have the passport crap that was reintroduced in november.
LeVersacci
LeVersacci
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 13447
Join date : 2011-09-05
Age : 29

Back to top Go down

The Coronavirus Thread - Part 3 - Page 6 Empty Re: The Coronavirus Thread - Part 3

Post by El Gunner Mon Jan 10, 2022 11:48 pm

@LeVersacci i presume you're not vaccinated... how does Sweden's passport thing affect your life on the daily, if at all?
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Club Supported : Arsenal
Posts : 20611
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 25

Back to top Go down

The Coronavirus Thread - Part 3 - Page 6 Empty Re: The Coronavirus Thread - Part 3

Post by LeVersacci Tue Jan 11, 2022 12:04 am

I’m not. I live in Denmark. I had/have natural immunity, so I used that as passport when it was introduced until they removed it in september. Didn’t test once since march when I got the virus. So it didn’t affect me at all.

When they reintroduced the passport in november they cut natural immunity duration in half to make life “difficult” for unvaxxed as our PM said. I only took rapid test for clubbing with my friends, thats it.

Sweden has had little to no restrictions since the start and only recently introduced the passport for major events like nightlife, concerts etc.
LeVersacci
LeVersacci
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 13447
Join date : 2011-09-05
Age : 29

Back to top Go down

The Coronavirus Thread - Part 3 - Page 6 Empty Re: The Coronavirus Thread - Part 3

Post by BarrileteCosmico Tue Jan 11, 2022 1:41 am

https://www.newsweek.com/spanish-pm-wants-treat-covid-endemic-illness-move-tracking-it-like-flu-1667541?amp=1

Spain moves to treat Covid as endemic and no different than the flu

The first of many hopefully.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona
Posts : 27712
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 32

Back to top Go down

The Coronavirus Thread - Part 3 - Page 6 Empty Re: The Coronavirus Thread - Part 3

Post by El Gunner Tue Jan 11, 2022 8:17 am

Spain :bow:
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Club Supported : Arsenal
Posts : 20611
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 25

Back to top Go down

The Coronavirus Thread - Part 3 - Page 6 Empty Re: The Coronavirus Thread - Part 3

Post by VivaStPauli Tue Jan 11, 2022 11:20 am

Nishankly wrote:France:

1306 people for 100,000 unvaccinated people who tested +ve
681 for 100,000 vaccinated 6 months old and beyond
193 for 100,000 booster

212 people for 1M in intensive care for unvaccinated
11 for 1M vaccinated 6 months old and beyond
5 for 1M with booster

Quite clear who is causing the trouble here


To be clear: I believe you, and those numbers are what I'd expect, but do you have a source for them? Stuff like that's interesting to me.
VivaStPauli
VivaStPauli
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC St. Pauli
Posts : 8933
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 38

Back to top Go down

The Coronavirus Thread - Part 3 - Page 6 Empty Re: The Coronavirus Thread - Part 3

Post by futbol Tue Jan 11, 2022 2:45 pm

The numbers look fake for sure. Why would it be much different than in Germany, where it looks like this:

Calender weeks 49 - 52 (2021):

People in intensive care:

2 times vaccinated: 350
Unvaccinated: 850

Official numbers:

https://www.rki.de/DE/Content/InfAZ/N/Neuartiges_Coronavirus/Situationsberichte/Wochenbericht/Wochenbericht_2022-01-06.pdf?__blob=publicationFile (page 24)

The ratio is about 1:2. Yet in France it's 1:20? Sure. Not sus at all. I suppose we Germans are made of Kruppstahl, after all.

Only in your wildes dreams does 2 times jab, that is more than 6 months old by now for the majority, give you real world 95 % protection (that's what 11 vs. 212 means). lol

If I'm served numbers like that, alarm bells should start ringing.

Also rest assured that even the German numbers, which are much more realistic, are still fake. They do shady stuff like adding "unknown vaccine status" to the unvaccinated or count people who are in intensive care for a broken leg and get tested positive for Corona by coincidence as a hospitilized Covid case. But only for unvaccinated, because the vaccinated don't need to be tested. lol

Myesyats wrote:I know a few people first hand who died under a respirator or barely got away (my uncle, aunt's sister-in law etc) so I can't afford to be ignorant in light of these facts. But  personally think the 3rd shot, meaning the booster, will be enough

And I'm not doing it for myself but because I live with my grandma


Why do you think 3 is enough? Gut feeling? If you boostered now it's useless again until next winter. That's why Pfizer boss said it will be an annual vaccination for years to come.

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Effzeh Kölle
Posts : 11242
Join date : 2012-11-23

Back to top Go down

The Coronavirus Thread - Part 3 - Page 6 Empty Re: The Coronavirus Thread - Part 3

Post by Nishankly Tue Jan 11, 2022 7:01 pm

Unlike your source which is "trust me bro", why don't you go and verify these numbers in hospitals who are reporting it rather than sitting infront of a PC crying about it lol. Go do your own survey if you want to disprove them.

@Viva The numbers are from the French government's official app Tous Anti-covid, updated by Hospitals.

Not vaccinated, entry into intensive care (France): 211,07. You will find all of the key data in the TousAntiCovid app https://bonjour.tousanticovid.gouv.fr

I could go through the pain of taking a screenshot on my phone and then sending it to my PC and then uploading it on the hosting site here and then posting the URL only to be told its fake so its not worth it.
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Club Supported : Lyon
Posts : 20898
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 28

Back to top Go down

The Coronavirus Thread - Part 3 - Page 6 Empty Re: The Coronavirus Thread - Part 3

Post by VivaStPauli Tue Jan 11, 2022 8:10 pm

ty Nishankly, always interesting stuff to look at those numbers.
futbol, the numbers in Germany don't tell a different story though, with over 80% of adults double-vaccinated (at least), them being outnumbered more than 2:1 in intensive care is also very telling. Tells people to get vaccinated.
VivaStPauli
VivaStPauli
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC St. Pauli
Posts : 8933
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 38

Back to top Go down

The Coronavirus Thread - Part 3 - Page 6 Empty Re: The Coronavirus Thread - Part 3

Post by BarrileteCosmico Tue Jan 11, 2022 8:17 pm

futbol wrote:The numbers look fake for sure. Why would it be much different than in Germany, where it looks like this:

Calender weeks 49 - 52 (2021):

People in intensive care:

2 times vaccinated: 350
Unvaccinated: 850

Official numbers:

https://www.rki.de/DE/Content/InfAZ/N/Neuartiges_Coronavirus/Situationsberichte/Wochenbericht/Wochenbericht_2022-01-06.pdf?__blob=publicationFile (page 24)

The ratio is about 1:2. Yet in France it's 1:20? Sure. Not sus at all. I suppose we Germans are made of Kruppstahl, after all.

Only in your wildes dreams does 2 times jab, that is more than 6 months old by now for the majority, give you real world 95 % protection (that's what 11 vs. 212 means). lol

If I'm served numbers like that, alarm bells should start ringing.

Also rest assured that even the German numbers, which are much more realistic, are still fake. They do shady stuff like adding "unknown vaccine status" to the unvaccinated or count people who are in intensive care for a broken leg and get tested positive for Corona by coincidence as a hospitilized Covid case. But only for unvaccinated, because the vaccinated don't need to be tested. lol


This is because you're comparing total numbers vs numbers per 100k. Germany has a 72% vaccination rate, so if you adjust the numbers to a per 100k basis you will get a ratio of 1:7ish, not quite the 1:20 the french numbers are showing but a vast improvement over 1:2 anyways.

In any case, there's many companies trying to build the pan-sarbecovirus vaccines so I'm sure at some point we'll have an all-variant answer. If until then we have to get a yearly jab then I don't see what the big deal is, personally.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona
Posts : 27712
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 32

Back to top Go down

The Coronavirus Thread - Part 3 - Page 6 Empty Re: The Coronavirus Thread - Part 3

Post by VivaStPauli Tue Jan 11, 2022 8:27 pm

Yeah same, if you were in high-risk groups, either because of heightened risk of infection, or severity, you'd also get yearly flu shots.
VivaStPauli
VivaStPauli
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC St. Pauli
Posts : 8933
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 38

Back to top Go down

The Coronavirus Thread - Part 3 - Page 6 Empty Re: The Coronavirus Thread - Part 3

Post by Myesyats Tue Jan 11, 2022 8:30 pm

futbol wrote:Why do you think 3 is enough? Gut feeling? If you boostered now it's useless again until next winter. That's why Pfizer boss said it will be an annual vaccination for years to come.

It is predicted that one of these new variants, maybe omicron already, will be the last one that we need worry about. The mutations are spreading more widely but arent more deadly.

Flu vaccinations are also an annual thing, people just dont do them, some do.

"The CDC recommends annual influenza vaccinations for everyone age 6 months or older."

Not sure why people are acting surprised like vaccines werent in existence before 2020.
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank
Posts : 17331
Join date : 2015-05-03
Age : 23

Back to top Go down

The Coronavirus Thread - Part 3 - Page 6 Empty Re: The Coronavirus Thread - Part 3

Post by VivaStPauli Tue Jan 11, 2022 8:43 pm

Also I don't think we've ever proposed that any number of vaccinations are "enough"? Who is this straw man futbol is arguing with?
You keep getting vaccinated every N months until the personal and societal risk is much lower, at which point you probably stop. I don't think it's that bad? IDK what the problem on that front is.
VivaStPauli
VivaStPauli
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC St. Pauli
Posts : 8933
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 38

Back to top Go down

The Coronavirus Thread - Part 3 - Page 6 Empty Re: The Coronavirus Thread - Part 3

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum