farfan
Perucho21
halamadrid2
Thimmy
futbol_bill
20 posters

Page 3 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Speculative thread for 2022/23 squad - Page 3 Empty Re: Speculative thread for 2022/23 squad

Post by futbol_bill Sun Apr 24, 2022 7:05 pm

Flo has been very active, last few days. Reported agreements for both Rudgier and Tchouameni, plus Mbappe telling his PSG teammates he is coming to Madrid.

That would wrap up major signings! I don’t buy the rumour about Mahrez, but do about going after Cavani as backup to Benz. Also no further news re James. The alternative RB is Vinicius Tobias, already on contract. I think the replacement for Vallejo sounds like Rafa Marin, a CB who can also play LB.

On exit front, Betis is after both Isco and Ceballos. Asensio looking at greener pastures.

With this news, the defense and midfield are complete. Only remaining business will be backup forwards besides Rodrygo.

futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Speculative thread for 2022/23 squad - Page 3 Empty Re: Speculative thread for 2022/23 squad

Post by futbol_bill Mon Apr 25, 2022 3:02 pm

I’m hearing some conflicting news regarding backup positions for next year.

LB - seems club is anxious to bring back Fran Garcia from Rayo. They have a 1/2 payment deal to buy him back after he has had a good year. Meanwhile there is also talk of promoting Gutierrez from Castilla. Gutierrez is 20 and Fran 22. But if they intend to play Alaba at LB with signing of Rudiger, either of these kids is redundant. I haven’t heard any talk about Mendy leaving. Is this talk of kids all old news before the interest in Rudiger or are they planning to have extra defenders in squad for next year?

CB - And with a replacement for Vallejo, there is interest in Rafa Marin, however I’ve also heard he might be better served to go out on loan. They are planning now because of suspensions and injuries to use him in next few games, they have even asked Raul to not play him in an important game for Castilla to have him available for first team! So if the loan is planned, are they using Vallejo spot for the extra LB and use Alaba for both Cb and LB roles?

RB - no further news regarding James. Does this then mean Vinicius Tobias gets the role of challenging Carvajal?
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Nivash Mon Apr 25, 2022 4:20 pm

If Isco, Ceballos, and Asensio leave there's probably a gap in the Spanish/homegrown players quota that will need to be filled, so it makes sense to let the youngsters fill them

Nivash
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by The Madrid One Sun May 01, 2022 1:47 am

It's players like Ceballos and Asensio who annoy me quite a bit; overhyped particularly by the Spanish fanbase and by the Spanish media because of their nationality but ultimately underwhelming and hard to get rid off for several reasons (e.g. quotas, club buying into the B.S.). In the case of Ceballos though I think he'll stay and it might be a good thing.

Miguel Quintana, which is a Spanish Football guru who's opinion I respect, seems to still have faith in Ceballos' late blooming potential ala Dani Parejo or Sergio Canales, and considering his last few matches and that Isco is leaving, perhaps there's still something to discover here.

When focused and playing with a bulldog-type intensity, Ceballos can look interesting, but it's his generally uninspired and Illarramendi-like passing arsenal that has always disappointed me. He ends up seeming a bit vapid. From his matches against Osasuna and Espanyol at least he seemed focused and intense and there were a handful of interesting passes and moments from him. Let's see.

Other than this, I imagine the likes of Vallejo, Marcelo, Isco, Bale, Jovic, and Mariano to be on their way out, and i'd wish Asensio was thrown into that mix.

I don't think it'd be good to lose Mendy and we are in need of Rudiger (if he really is as good as people say) and of a new starting right back. The right back situation has been fucking ridiculous for far too long. For left back Mendy, Alaba, and Miguel Gutierrez (if he's kept evolving) should suffice.

For our midfield I can see us keeping Ceballos but maybe we won't go for this Tchouameni peep. I think I remember the other day Josep Pedrerol saying he's heard Madrid aren't interested in midfield acquisitions. Some see Pedrerol as a bit of a Perez agent, wouldn't be surprised if what he said is accurate.

Hazard and Asensio will both most likely stay unfortunately. If Mbappe comes then he could serve as back up for Benz at ST and we could bring a Raul De Tomas type as the new back up option.
The Madrid One
The Madrid One
"Imaybeonthesideoftheangels..."

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Mon May 02, 2022 5:15 pm

I’m hearing some new rumours today, some of which were mentioned earlier by TMO.

Midfield;
seems Carlo is interested in renewing and maintaining Ceballos, and he seems interested and has played well recently. But at what position. I.e. he is not a DM, none of Casemiro, Kroos nor Modric will depart, and we for sure have Valverde and Camavinga. No backup for Casemiro.

Tchouameni - he is the Dm option preferred, but now there is competition from Liverpool plus it seems they need some player sales to make this happen. Also will be the issue of playing time for two DMs.

Declan Rice- newly mentioned DM. Issue is his asking transfer price is 100+. Price tag comes along with comment, not for 2022 / 2023. Perhaps this could be a backup option to Tchouameni, a year later!

Blanco - the ultimate DM option, however it does seem, based on recent need, that Carlo doesn’t have trust in him.

Backup Striker:

Cavani has been mentioned before!

now Raul de Thomas is being mentioned plus there is yesterday’s story that Ronaldo is not impressed with incoming coach and may return to Madrid. I totally disregard this as a Ronaldo will be totally disruptive to where the club is going. IMO, i think there is more of chance that he goes to PSG (taking over Mbappe’s spot, LOL).

Mariano, Jovic- both of these guys are up for sale, but issue will be are there any takers. Particularly in the case of Mariano, who has refused to go due to his ridiculous salary (4M).

Backup winger - for sure Rodrygo and Vinicius remain, with Vinicius likely having the challenge of adapting to RW. Will make for an interesting competition as Rodrygo is continuing to develop. Then there is Asensio, who could be the backup to Mbappe. For sure he is not a starter, but could be be a reliable backup, especially as there will be little playing time. Him hiring Mendes as his agent, indicates to me, he is more likely to do elsewhere which will help club with regards to sales income. And finally there is Hazard, who I fear, will become our next Bale. I do think, if club is able to move both Hazard and Asensio, then then the 6th forward becomes Lucas.

RB - with Lucas as the ultimate squad player and a team weakness defensively at RB, and Carvajal not reaching his previous form for most of season, we need a new RB. The two options are Vinicius Tobias, an 18 year old Brazilian, recently picked up from Shaktar, because of the Ukraine war. He has already made a good impression. Then there is the interest in Rice from Chelsea. Issue will be cost and back to the need of player sales.

Rest of Defense - with Rudgier coming in, it seems defensive, excluding RB for a moment, is pretty well established, with Alaba taking over LB spot and being an option along with Nacho at CB when needed, and Mendy as backup or alternative at LB. There also will be a defensive spot open with Vallejo departure. We heard of Fran Garcia coming back from Rayo, plus promotions of Gutierrez and Rafa Marin. All of these will be backfill, taking up final squad numbers plus the probable spanish content numbers issue and in the case of Marin, Gutierrez (and also Blanco), they could remain on Castilla squad list, available to first team when needed.
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Thu May 05, 2022 4:10 pm

I’m surmising I have the answers to my last couple of posts. I think the new players will be Mbappe, Rudgier and returning to club Raul de Tomas and Fran Garcia.

I think they will not pursue for next season Tchouameni nor Rice due to costs and possible conflicts re starting minutes. The rest of squad openings will be filled internally in Vinicius Tobias, Ceballos plus Marin, Gutierrez and possibly Blanco, although these last three likely remain on Castilla roster. The only doubts I have is whether they renew Asensio and do they loan out Lunin for experience and bring back Pacheco. Plus whether they manage to sell Hazard and Mariano.

Entonces, I see the lineup as

Courtois (Lunin or Pacheco)

Carvajal (Vinicius Tobias)
Militao, Rudiger (Nacho, Alaba)
Alaba (Mendy, Fran)

Modric, Ceballos, Casemiro, Camavinga, Kroos, Valverde (note, not predicting starters as I expect full rotations of all 6)

Vinicius, Benzema, Mbappe (Rodrygo, Raul de Tomas, Lucas)

Doubts - Asensio, Hazard, Mariano

Available from Castilla (Marin, Gutierrez, Blanco)

Gone or Sold: Bale, Marcelo, Isco, Jovic, Vallejo.

Worst case scenario re squad numbers if all three of doubts remain is 25 with the three in Castilla numbers.

Now this is my bold prediction done even before the summer signing period opens! Let see how close I come!

Anyone care to make public your speculation?
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Perucho21 Thu May 05, 2022 4:13 pm

Do you think Fran Garcia will join if he will be 3rd choice left back?
Perucho21
Perucho21
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Thu May 05, 2022 4:28 pm

Yeah, I do. Playing for Madrid is a dream for these guys. They look at guys like Lucas and Callejon who returned and made out well in reserve roles.
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Thu May 05, 2022 7:41 pm

Le Parisien is reporting that Mbappe is now expected to sign a 2 year extension with PSG: https://www.leparisien.fr/sports/football/psg/entre-kylian-mbappe-et-le-psg-prolongation-en-vue-05-05-2022-CHRPK3JD6VA6XASYP34LGM4ZKQ.php
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Thu May 05, 2022 7:48 pm

You’ve constantly have said Mbappe won’t be coming even including a bogus Barca media source. We will know for certain in a couple of weeks.

Don’t hold your breath!
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Perucho21 Thu May 05, 2022 7:50 pm

Mbappes mom swiftly denied reports

As said again, nothing will be said or decided until the end of the season. Likely after the CL final
Perucho21
Perucho21
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Fri May 06, 2022 12:11 am

This one's for Bill...  Mbappe's mother not only said that the Le Parisien article is fake news, she also stated that Mbappe is currently leaning towards leaving PSG.  Direct quote.  So that's very encouraging.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Fri May 06, 2022 12:47 am

Meanwhile Perez is working out actual day and sequence as to introduce Mbappe and Rudgier, which will be after CL final. Both deals not being announced to let both players leave without embarrassing PSG and Chelsea!

And exactly what are you trying to say now Sports. That your previous BS post(s) are indeed fake! Your credibility was already blown a long time ago.
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Fri May 06, 2022 7:58 am

Tbh Sports is just posting rumours from reputable French sources. This is a speculation thread is it not.

Anyways, i want to see more Thchouameni rumours. We desperately need an alternative to Casemiro
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by farfan Fri May 06, 2022 8:32 am

Out: Isco, Bale, Mariano, Jovic, Hazard, Marcelo (Some of these might have to be via mutual consent/termination)

In: Mbappé, Raul de Tomas, Cavani, Tchouameni, Rudiger

Easy peasy
farfan
farfan
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester City

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Fri May 06, 2022 9:18 am

Hazard is where he wants to be at. At his dream club about to win the CL which he has mever won and goes under the radar because he's so well integrated into the team. Doubt he'd offer to leave and Perez isn't one to push someone out the door.

Jovic wants to leave so that one will be easy. Just hope it isn't a loan this time but a permanent move

Mariano we have already tried for multiple seasons to get rid of. He isn't having any of it. His contract runs to 2023. Doubt he accepts a move before then unfortunately

RDT will cost at least 40ME and as much as i rate him as a player we should not soend that much on a back up and he should be starting fot a top 4 team right now. Sevilla what are you waiting for?????

Hasn't Cavani been permainjured at Utd. Hate to have another Bale.

But the other 3 should be bare minimum. We are likely letting go of Vallejo, Asensio, Odeiozola to free up squad spots. Asensio just hired Mendes as his agent and it obviously isn't to sign a new contract because what could this guy realistically demand Laughing
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Sat May 07, 2022 3:31 am

I genuinely hope RDT rejects us as coming here would be such a waste for him. He's now a full international, he's the league's 2nd top scorer, he's playing week in week out, coming here to play only to keep Benzema well rested is a foolish career move. Absolutely foolish.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Sat May 07, 2022 1:36 pm

We want and need a reliable backup, particularly with Benzema age. Using Mariano or Jovic or someone of equal incompetence just doesn’t work. The alternative seems to be Cavani.

A interesting aspect will be RDT sale value will be enhanced if he plays for Madrid, in a trophy filled season and makes contribution from a backup role aka Morata.

Also I suspect that is the real reason in the rumored return of Fran Garcia. Club has the option to rebuy at half price so they will make sale money (which the club needs) even if he doesn’t make it to squad list(again aka Morata).
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by The Demon of Carthage Sat May 07, 2022 3:43 pm

farfan wrote:Out: Isco, Bale, Mariano, Jovic, Hazard, Marcelo (Some of these might have to be via mutual consent/termination)

In: Mbappé, Raul de Tomas, Cavani, Tchouameni, Rudiger

Easy peasy

I second this.
Spoiler:
The Demon of Carthage
The Demon of Carthage
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Sat May 07, 2022 4:41 pm

In reality Mayoral will be our new back up as we penny pinch in order to afford Mbappe's ginormous sign on fee
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Sat May 07, 2022 6:04 pm

Didn’t we sell Mayoral? Mbappe signing and salary are already covered. The sales are needed for potential signings beyond Mbappe and Rudgier.
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Sat May 07, 2022 6:20 pm

Nope he was loaned out to Getafe after he fell out of favour with Mou
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by The Demon of Carthage Sat May 07, 2022 7:56 pm

If only we didn't have Bale and Hazard. Their salaries would allow Madrid to sign two world class players on €10m+ a year salaries.
Speculative thread for 2022/23 squad - Page 3 Salary10

Bale is leaving this summer, but Hazard is definitely staying. I don't think he'll ask to leave either.
The Demon of Carthage
The Demon of Carthage
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Sat May 07, 2022 8:43 pm

Don’t forget both Isco and Marcelo are coming off that list in addition to Bale.
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by The Demon of Carthage Wed May 11, 2022 8:39 pm

Rudiger has signed for Madrid according to Marca, although the club will not make it official right now.

Very good signing. Hopefully now Alaba will be switched to LB.
The Demon of Carthage
The Demon of Carthage
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Sat May 14, 2022 4:09 pm

Now it sounds like Hazard is definitely staying. So it looks like we pretty well know next year’s lineup.

Courtois
                              (Pacheco)

Carvajal             Militao                Rudiger       Alaba
(Vinicius Tobias) (Vallejo or Marin) (Nacho)  (Mendy, Fran or Gutierrez)

Modric          Casemiro      Kroos           (Ceballos or Fabián)  (Camavinga)  (Valverde)

Vinicius                   Benzema          Mbappe
(Rodrygo)               (De Tomas)      (Hazard)
(Lucas)                   (Mariano)

Gone - Bale, Marcelo, Isco
Sold - Asensio, Jovic, Mendy?, Brahim, Kubo, Odriozola
Loan - Lunin

Questions:

Vallejo or Marin

Mendy or Fran or Gutierrez

Vinicius Tobias or Lucas

Ceballos or Fabián (this is up to Ceballos accepting renewal offer). Although there is a remote possibility of Tchouameni, I believe with the little potential sales, we lose out to Liverpool.

Who will be Benzema’s backup, besides Mariano (3 possibilities have been mentioned de Tomas or  Cavani or Mayoral. Although club is looking at several Future strikers, I think it has to one of the above. RdT is available for 35M, Cavani has injury issues and Mayoral isn’t any better than Mariano. I hope it is RdT.

Lunin or Pacheco - little has been said about this, but it has been mentioned a couple of times than Lunin needs more experience and it is probably better for him and club to go out on loan again and bring in a more experienced backup such as Pacheco.
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next