futbol_bill
Robespierre
30 posters

Page 6 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down

Europa League 21/22 - Page 6 Empty Re: Europa League 21/22

Post by danyjr Thu Apr 07, 2022 9:48 pm

Myesyats wrote:
danyjr wrote:Another Torres masterclass. The guy has absolutely nothing. I would take 50 year old Messi over this scrub.

You're just biased

Adama was the one holdin us back, not ferran
No.

danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

http://www.tikitakatoom.ml

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Thu Apr 07, 2022 9:54 pm

Auba was a ghost tonight. Where the hell was he?

Both Auba and Adama were much worse than Ferran, much much worse

It was a low effort game though, I hoped for 1-2 but 1-1 away is an acceptable result and the players didnt push for the 2nd very much
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by VivaStPauli Thu Apr 07, 2022 10:02 pm

What a rollercoaster of emotions. Those early misses! The heart break of the equalizer!
Football won today.
VivaStPauli
VivaStPauli
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC St. Pauli

Back to top Go down

Post by The Demon of Carthage Thu Apr 07, 2022 10:05 pm

VivaStPauli wrote:What a rollercoaster of emotions. Those early misses! The heart break of the equalizer!
Football won today.

No, my friend. Football only wins when Barça loses.
The Demon of Carthage
The Demon of Carthage
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Fri Apr 08, 2022 12:25 am

VivaStPauli wrote:What a rollercoaster of emotions. Those early misses! The heart break of the equalizer!
Football won today.

Should have won the game.

But I can't deny it was gratifying how you manhandled those entitled, overhyped midgets rofl
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Fri Apr 08, 2022 8:46 am

Hapless_Hans wrote:
Football won today.

Should have won the game.

But I can't deny it was gratifying how you manhandled those entitled, overhyped midgets rofl

Lol Frankfurt invested so much into this game and threw everything they had at barca. I mean they played well but they've almost spit their hearts out. We were very static and low effort in the 1st half, not patient with the ball (Gavi is just 17, he's too reckless on the ball still). Xavi adjusted in the 2nd, moved Pedri to the left, FDJ on to the right and Dembele of course makes teams think twice or thrice before committing more men forward especially on that right side where Kostic was somewhat successful at holding up play. Then we could've scored more but it seemed like players were content with a draw. It will be a stroll in the park back home, the ground was in bad condition and 1-1 away is solid and btw the ref (some serbian no-name) was really bad and let Frankurt away with many fouls and also got some other obvious calls totally wrong (a couple of corners where we are very dangerous from now), +almost gave a penalty which was obviously another bad call cause you could see in real time that Busq got the ball  quite clearly

FDJ is so much better when used correctly. Unplayable. Thank god for XH. And one thing is very clear: we have to renew Dembele and not let him leave. He's irreplaceable with limited funds, a game changer for sure.
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by danyjr Fri Apr 08, 2022 9:29 am

Myesyats wrote:Auba was a ghost tonight. Where the hell was he?

Both Auba and Adama were much worse than Ferran, much much worse

It was a low effort game though, I hoped for 1-2 but 1-1 away is an acceptable result and the players didnt push for the 2nd very much

Aubameyang is a good transition CF but as a hold up CF he has always sucked, which again why I think you should avoid spending on all that money on Haaland who has similar strengths and weaknesses. In this game you hardly had any speed in transitions and he also received poor/no service. Still, I would keep him rather than Torres because Aubameyang can play shit for 89 minutes but given the chance he would put the ball in at 90th minute. A man of moments.

Traoré was trying to create, he put in a couple of crosses and running at Frankfurt's wingbacks, something Torres never does. Not a single cross. Not a single dribble. The only time he tried to take on a player who got owned by some 2nd grade Bundesliga defender Laughing Shots were always sky high wide, not even remotely on target. He does absolutely nothing but pass back to Alba on the wing and slowing the transitions down. An awful player to partner Aubameyang with.
danyjr
danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Boca Juniors

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Fri Apr 08, 2022 10:17 am

danyjr wrote:Still, I would keep him rather than Torres because Aubameyang can play shit for 89 minutes but given the chance he would put the ball in at 90th minute. A man of moments.

Not sure if you noticed but the only one who put the ball over the line last night was Ferran, same as vs Galatasaray where his great assist and combination with Pedri was vital for us to go through. He was also very good vs Madrid and Osasuna. I don't know what games you were watching but in the last 4-5 games he was good, simply put, and definitely not the one to single out (weird obsession?)

He gives us more versatility since both Dembele and Adama are cross merchants. I'm not sure why this is a criticism that he's not the type to run like a headless chicken to the byline and swing cross after cross into the box. He's more of a player that likes to combine in tight spaces and drive inside. Similar to Ansu Fati.

I will say that he's not a player to particularly stand out when the team as a whole is kind of struggling. But did you expect him to be? He's not Messi and won't be (4 goals and 2 assists in last 5 games is still fine). I mean, last night everyone was pretty bad in the 1st half. The midfield couldnt connect with either Auba and Ferran, they were both isolated. Pedri, Gavi and Busq all looked bad. Auba hardly ever received the ball and Adama tried to take on players but lost the ball 95% of the time. In the 2nd half Ferran was the best, alongside on coming FDJ and Dembele. He connected instantly when he had options, drove inside and immediately created danger when he had someone to play 1-2s with so thats why I think it's just dumb to single him out when everyone was supbar last night.
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by danyjr Fri Apr 08, 2022 10:56 am

You mean finishing the chance De Jong put on a plate for him from 4 yards out? Laughing What combination? Everything was down to Dembélé driving the ball to Frenkie and his wonderful touch that created the chance. If anything you're singling him out as the instrumental part of that movement where in fact he had by far the easiest part to play Laughing Put it this way, put Torres in place of Dembélé or De Jong and this goal would not have happened. He would have passed it back to the right back or shoot it sky high as he does more often than not.

Comparing this beta to Fati is plain wrong. Fati has balls to take on players, he is a far more lethal goalscorer with 10 times the swagger, not someone who puts 1 in of 4 dangerous chances in. Fati without injuries could be a generational talent, this guy at best reaches Pedro levels.

I don't care about stats, I don't care if you find him handsome. I have eyes to trust and my eyes tell me he is Valencia level. Watching some unknown 2nd grade winger like Kostić creating more yesterday made me think how it could be if these two players switched sides.
danyjr
danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Fri Apr 08, 2022 11:24 am

danyjr wrote:You mean finishing the chance De Jong put on a plate for him from 4 yards out? Laughing What combination? Everything was down to Dembélé driving the ball to Frenkie and his wonderful touch that created the chance. If anything you're singling him out as the instrumental part of that movement where in fact he had by far the easiest part to play Laughing Put it this way, put Torres in place of Dembélé or De Jong and this goal would not have happened. He would have passed it back to the right back or shoot it sky high as he does more often than not.

Comparing this beta to Fati is plain wrong. Fati has balls to take on players, he is a far more lethal goalscorer with 10 times the swagger, not someone who puts 1 in of 4 dangerous chances in. Fati without injuries could be a generational talent, this guy at best reaches Pedro levels.

I don't care about stats, I don't care if you find him handsome. I have eyes to trust and my eyes tell me he is Valencia level. Watching some unknown 2nd grade winger like Kostić creating more yesterday made me think how it could be if these two players switched sides.

Put Dembele or De Jong in place of Torres and the ball wouldnt have ended up in the back of the net, what odd reasoning. Both Ferran and FDJ played 1 touch x2, since when the scoring part is the easiest one? Ferran set up Auba earlier in the game but the latter couldnt do the 'easier' part.

The comparison with Kostic is an argument I knew you would make and I find that funny how misguided logically it is to compare 2 players in a single game with different roles in different set-ups.

Not to mention Kostic is 29 and Ferran just turned 22 so basically a youngster. Compare Ferran to other 30 year olds, go ahead.

Replace Pedro with Villa, and we agree. Otherwise give examples of other 21-22 year olds who rerguarly keep scoring for club and country.
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Fri Apr 08, 2022 12:57 pm

Thought Frankfurt would be easier than this, they are another decent mid table team without much cutting edge up front luckily, otherwise we should have conceded more... seems like our players were bit tired or just underestimated them?

Gotta say that was a nice goal by Ferran n he has good attributes and given starts every game n so much faith n young, he always gonna improve than not. Dembele n De Jong changed the game... Adama is just on loan right so guess we will only sign him if Dembele goes, otherwise he will be second choice/backup. Not sure whats happened with Dest again, Xavi preferring Araujo n Eric in the middle, not good... dunno why but I just hate watching Eric play every time?
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Fri Apr 08, 2022 2:43 pm

BarcaLearning wrote:Not sure whats happened with Dest again, Xavi preferring Araujo n Eric in the middle, not good... dunno why but I just hate watching Eric play every time?

Dest is injured and Alves isn't registered for EL which is why Araujo played RB and Eric started.

Come next season, Eric will be 4th choice CB or maybe even sold.

I also hate watching him play and the reason for that is he doesnt have the physical attributes that a CB should have. He's a midget compared to Araujo, doesnt have the pace, the muscles and the abilities too, frankly
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Sat Apr 09, 2022 5:35 pm

Thx Myesyats... Dest seems injured quite often, hope it wont be a consistent thing... we need him... I hope ur right that Eric wont be preferred n that we will sign another much needed better CB, especially if Pique decides to retire, none of the other ones we have can come close to replacing him...
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Sat Apr 09, 2022 5:58 pm

What happened to Roberts?
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Sun Apr 10, 2022 12:25 pm

futbol_bill wrote:What happened to Roberts?

injured, club is low-balling him in contract renewal talks because he's non-essential

likely to leave in the summer, his renewal is last on the list of priorities
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Thu Apr 14, 2022 7:58 pm

Barcelona
ter Stegen - Mingueza, Araujo, Garcia, Jordi Alba - S. Busquets, Gavi, Pedri - Dembelé, Aubameyang, Ferran Torres
Reservebank:
Neto (Tor), Tenas (Tor), Alex Balde, Dest, Lenglet, F. de Jong, Nico, Riqui Puig, Braithwaite, L. de Jong, Depay, Traoré

Trainer:
Hernandez i Creus

Eintracht Frankfurt
Trapp - Toure, Hinteregger, Ndicka - Knauff, Jakic, Rode, Kostic, Lindström, Kamada - Borré
Reservebank:
Grahl (Tor), Chandler, da Costa, Hasebe, C. Lenz, Barkok, Hauge, Hrustic, Ache, Lammers, Paciencia

Trainer:
Glasner
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Thu Apr 14, 2022 7:59 pm

Let's goooooooooooooooooooooooo @VivaStPauli
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Thu Apr 14, 2022 8:01 pm

Eintracht fans have taken over the Camp Noou rofl
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Thu Apr 14, 2022 8:05 pm

Eric Garcia rofl

clearly forgot he's not playing with bought La Liga refs
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Thu Apr 14, 2022 8:06 pm

Garcia rofl
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Thu Apr 14, 2022 8:08 pm

Pep fked us good, giving us Eric Garcia who is turning out to be one of our worst ever defenders, n there has been so many of them Razz Also 55M for Ferran.... Barca management are such idiots XD
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Thu Apr 14, 2022 8:12 pm

Dembele is playing with his brain these days. All hopes weren't lost then

If he stays injury free, a lucky team will have one hell of a RW. Needs to add goals though

Last edited by halamadrid2 on Thu Apr 14, 2022 8:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by danyjr Thu Apr 14, 2022 8:13 pm

halamadrid2 wrote:Garcia rofl
Barcelona got shafted nicely by City. Both him and Torres are Betis level.
danyjr
danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Thu Apr 14, 2022 8:19 pm

At least unlike in the first leg, Xavi will be content with the pitch?
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Thu Apr 14, 2022 8:29 pm

Xavi doesn't mind losing as long as he plays the Cruyfian way Laughing
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender