sportsczy
titosantill
halamadrid2
futbol_bill
Perucho21
16 posters

Page 4 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

The Official Real Madrid 21-22 Match Day Thread - Page 4 Empty Re: The Official Real Madrid 21-22 Match Day Thread

Post by titosantill Sun Sep 12, 2021 10:22 pm

true that. i dont know many players playing better at 33/34 than when they were 28/29

titosantill
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

The Official Real Madrid 21-22 Match Day Thread - Page 4 Empty Re: The Official Real Madrid 21-22 Match Day Thread

Post by sportsczy Sun Sep 12, 2021 10:31 pm

The midfield seems fairly set.  With Pogba rumored to be coming for free next season, you have an incredible group there.

It also appears that Mbappe and Haaland are BOTH coming next season.  That's a bit of a slap to Vini.  BUT, imo, if you get those two...  you have to sell Vini for a king's ransom and then go buy some CBs.

That's the challenging part for Real Madrid.  Central defending.  Maybe you go for Kounde that Sevilla was unwilling to sell to Chelsea this year.  Alaba/Kounde is highly skilled, but maybe a bit short. Fullback needs some help too.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by titosantill Sun Sep 12, 2021 10:44 pm

until i see flo hand out mbappe and haaland jerseys at a presentation, i'm not believing any of the transfer talks. if flo can pull that off, it wud even be a bigger move than any of the galactico deals ever......but yeah unfortunately i dont believe that till i see it
titosantill
titosantill
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Mon Sep 13, 2021 12:13 am

@sportsczy wrote:What a game by Benzema btw. This guy is aging like fine wine.
Right?! The man is now a master of his craft. On that same note, replacing Modric is going to be such a tough task, just a lovely midfielder.

All in all, we are no longer boring but the likes of Brenton could definitely give us a run with our sort of shit defending.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Chad31 Mon Sep 13, 2021 2:16 am

@titosantill wrote:true that. i dont know many players playing better at 33/34 than when they were 28/29

Is he really playing better or different? Just admit that he wasn't getting any support from the team, when cr was here cause that how he liked it, anytime cr didn't play benzema played at this level every game, this is what he should have been his whole career at the club, we all know why that wasn't this case, why is there a need to pretend at this point? Trying to act like he transformed into totally different player lol, he is being supported like cf should be, so he is score more consistently.

Also the team defense will come good after another 5 games are so, Cama seemed a bit nervous and lost, he is young he will be more engaged good debut goal, vini getting better by the game crazy what happens when your playing with purpose, instead of showing off all game, 20 goals is a good target needs to focus on his passing and play making a little, overall trophies look like a solid possibility if the players can stay fit.

Chad31
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Turok_TTZ Mon Sep 13, 2021 2:56 am

Benzema 10/10 would watch again and save replay for historical records.

Most players begin to decline or well into it around this age but Benzema is proving to be the exception to the rule. Incredible. I wonder when will he retire at this rate? Not anytime soon if he keeps this up. It pleases me greatly to see my favorite player doing well.

If I were Carlo, I'd be asking our defense some tough questions. It matters not that we won, 2 goals is unacceptable. Even worse that we only have 1 clean sheet in 4 games. We're better than this. Hopefully we improve in time before we face tough opposition.

As I say that, celta is admittedly a tricky opponent. So maybe I'm overreacting...
Turok_TTZ
Turok_TTZ
First Team
First Team

http://trm.jcink.net

Back to top Go down

Post by titosantill Mon Sep 13, 2021 5:32 am

nah he's playing better. being in the area ready to take chances and not missing.....the confidence is there. me saying he played the exact same way the past few seasons in comparison to the 2018/19 season would be a fat lie. just like saying he played the exact same way at the last euros in comparison to euro 2018 would be a fat lie. i'm sorry there's a difference in his approach to the game

the defense is still new, schoolboy mistakes but they'll get used to each other at some point hopefully. i'm willing to give them a pass for like the first half of the season to get used to each other. at least barca doesnt have their get out of jail free card anymore, so little lapses here and there isnt a death sentence. after the first couple of months, they should have sorted themselves out.

the money we have to spend next summer wont be on defenders so those guys will have ample time to get used to each others strength and weaknesses
titosantill
titosantill
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Mon Sep 13, 2021 2:33 pm

@sportsczy wrote:The midfield seems fairly set.  With Pogba rumored to be coming for free next season, you have an incredible group there.

It also appears that Mbappe and Haaland are BOTH coming next season.  That's a bit of a slap to Vini.  BUT, imo, if you get those two...  you have to sell Vini for a king's ransom and then go buy some CBs.

That's the challenging part for Real Madrid.  Central defending.  Maybe you go for Kounde that Sevilla was unwilling to sell to Chelsea this year.  Alaba/Kounde is highly skilled, but maybe a bit short.  Fullback needs some help too.

Sounds like you are returning to the fan base?

I’m now wondering if Flo will go after both Mbappe and Haaland. I can understand going after both with the objective to get one of them! With the way Benzema is playing, the only way getting both would be to sell Benzema! And I now believe Vinicius is solidifying his role as a starter, so I expect the forwards next season to be Vinicius, Benzema plus one of the two. Bale will be out of contract and gone, I wonder what they will do with Hazard?

I agree with you re midfield and yes the talk about Pogba is real. i expect Isco to be gone and I do think Blanco makes the team.

I think you are too harsh on defense, although I do agree they need to buy a promising defender for next season and let Vallejo leave. This defense still needs to get familiar with each other, yet they haven’t had the same 4 repeated yet this season. Keep in mind that Militao, Nacho finished last season playing good solid defense. Although I expect the starters will eventually be Carvajal, Militao, Alaba, Mendy. It does say that backups (Lucas, Nacho, Gutierrez) will be used and trusted.
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Mon Sep 13, 2021 7:46 pm

I think the talent level of our CBs is very meh... so even if they're at their best, it's not going to be that good.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Mon Sep 13, 2021 10:06 pm

“Our CBs” lol, I guess you are confirming your return to the fan base!

Regarding how you rate our CBs is kinda like the way you rated Ramos, Pepe, Marcelo!

It’s a way to early to rate or discount any of them. Nacho when he plays enough is solid defensively. Militao was coming around at end of last season, like Nacho once he played enough. He does tend to make some glaring errors, but so did Varane last year. Alaba seems solid to me plus he is better than Mendy, if they ever decide to use him there. Bottom line is this season ‘s chances are very iffy and like Vinicius etc, these defenders have this season to prove they are good enough or not.

But I do agree with you that they need to get someone next season as both Nacho and Alaba, at 31 and 29, have only a few years left, and let Vallejo go. You of course have suggested a french addition! I would suggest Pau Torres or  Aymeric Laporte. But way to soon to see who might be suitable and available next summer.
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Mon Sep 13, 2021 11:16 pm

I rated Ramos as a leader and scorer... later as a defender (very later). He was a calamity for a very long time.

The heir to Roberto Carlos. It just offended me that people made Marcelo to be as good if not better than RC. That's what pissed me off.

Pepe... same as with Ramos.

I just don't like defenders that can't defend... that's what it comes down to.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Tue Sep 14, 2021 6:37 pm

Benzema absolutely is better Chad...  Pretty much better in everything.  The two biggest improvements are his air game (he couldn't hit a header to save his life when he first joined Madrid) and dribbling (this one is interesting). Just does everything you could imagine a CF doing. Even does some defending.

Was always a WC player and one of the top CFs.  Now, he's the best CF in the world imo.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Tue Sep 14, 2021 7:06 pm

I hope Benz wins the balon d'or this season and for that to happen we need to win the CL. We absolutely could but Carlo has got to fix the defence. We need to defend collectively including Hazard who is as lazy as they come. Inter and Valencia away will be two very very insightful tests for us. Hoping for 2 dominant games
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Tue Sep 14, 2021 8:56 pm

Comparing Marcelo to Carlos is like comparing Messi to CR, anybody with eyes can see who's better at football

only thing Carlos has on Marcelo is pace and shooting, Marcelo is the most talented wingback of all time, basically a world-class #10 playing leftback with no support from the "winger" ahead of him

what wingback has decided more high-level games than marcelo ? he was basically our playmaker during the 3peat and an insane attacking asset that Carlos has never been. Don't think we'll ever see again such a dominant force tbh
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Tue Sep 14, 2021 10:00 pm

Excuse me? Are you really saying that Marcelo is a better player than Roberto Carlos??
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Wed Sep 15, 2021 12:15 am

@sportsczy wrote:Excuse me?  Are you really saying that Marcelo is a better player than Roberto Carlos??

As a player there is no comparison really. He's better by a considerable margin. Incomparable level of technique and ball manipulation, better link-up play and passing, more creative, decisive at every level, and of a higher importance in the teams he's played in, being capable of dominating games from left back.
Marcelo is a top 4 player for us over the past 10 years, being at the forefront of our success along with Ramos Modric and CR. Carlos has never been that. He was a fantastic wingback and complementary player, but Marcelo is simply much more than that.
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Mamad Wed Sep 15, 2021 12:31 am

@Valkyrja wrote:
@sportsczy wrote:Excuse me?  Are you really saying that Marcelo is a better player than Roberto Carlos??

As a player there is no comparison really. He's better by a considerable margin. Incomparable level of technique and ball manipulation, better link-up play and passing, more creative, decisive at every level, and of a higher importance in the teams he's played in, being capable of dominating games from left back.
Marcelo is a top 4 player for us over the past 10 years, being at the forefront of our success along with Ramos Modric and CR. Carlos has never been that. He was a fantastic wingback and complementary player, but Marcelo is simply much more than that.

Roberto Carlos is considered by many the best LB in history ( some say it's Maldini ). don't talk like he was just a good lb lol.
Mamad
Mamad
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Wed Sep 15, 2021 1:09 am

I like Carlos, i’m a fan lol, but that doesn’t mean that he’s on the same level football wise with Marcelo. It seems lots of people do not realise what a monster of a player he is. At his peak, as an attacking outlet, incomparable to others
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Cyborg Wed Sep 15, 2021 1:55 am

Has Vini passed Rodrygo now?

There was debate couple seasons ago about which of the two is better

Rodrygo needs that game time tho. And it'll be hard to come by
Cyborg
Cyborg
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Mamad Wed Sep 15, 2021 2:04 am

@Cyborg wrote:Has Vini passed Rodrygo now?

Rodrygo was more mature for his age, better end product. that's about it.

Rodrygo is becoming like Asensio i'm afraid. you can trust them to not make any mistake and be good in their decision making but nothing more. no magic.

we need some players who are able to go past their defender and the only one right now is Vini.
Mamad
Mamad
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Wed Sep 15, 2021 7:49 am

@Valkyrja wrote:

Are you even old enough to have seen Roberto Carlos play? You sure aren’t describing the player some of us did?
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Wed Sep 15, 2021 7:58 am

@Mamad wrote:
@Cyborg wrote:Has Vini passed Rodrygo now?

Rodrygo was more mature for his age, better end product. that's about it.

Rodrygo is becoming like Asensio i'm afraid. you can trust them to not make any mistake and be good in their decision making but nothing more. no magic.

we need some players who are able to go past their defender and the only one right now is Vini.

Keep in mind Rodrygo is a year younger. Give him another year. With Bale now out for considerable time, he will get action.

BUT, assuming next year sees Mbappe and possibly Haaland, all of Vinicius, Rodrygo and Asensio time with Madrid may be in jeopardy. It’s kind of step up this year. I can see both brazilian kids staying, maybe even Vinicus being starter, but only if just one of Two come. They both are young enough to be backups for a while. On the other hand, Asensio ……… likely joins Isco on the way out. Our brst hope is that Hazard also joins the Isco list!
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Wed Sep 15, 2021 9:10 am

With Haalands rumoured wage demands i suspect he'll be out of consideration for us. I reckon next season we'll sign Mbappe for free and be window shopping for potential Bayern players who may be out of contracts
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Wed Sep 15, 2021 11:15 am

On the topic of Carlos, take into consideration that in a team full of wonderful footballers for both Brasil and Real Madrid, Carlos very much fitted in quite nicely when it came to skill on the ball.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Wed Sep 15, 2021 6:49 pm

Real Madrid: Courtois; Carvajal, Nacho, Alaba, Miguel Gutiérrez; Casemiro, Fede Valverde, Modric, Vinicius; Hazard y Benzema.
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Wed Sep 15, 2021 7:00 pm

Hazard injured, Lucas in
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next