The Demon of Carthage
Doc
Casciavit
Kaladin
sportsczy
32 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

The impact of Messi on Ligue 1 and France - Page 3 Empty Re: The impact of Messi on Ligue 1 and France

Post by Clutch Mon Aug 09, 2021 6:11 pm

I think I'd chose MSN over MNM but I'll have to actually see MNM play first. MSN are great friends off the field nd I think that helped there connection on the field more. Not sure what mbappe relationship with Neymars like, but prime Suarez>Mbappe for the time being

Clutch
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

The impact of Messi on Ligue 1 and France - Page 3 Empty Re: The impact of Messi on Ligue 1 and France

Post by El Gunner Mon Aug 09, 2021 6:52 pm

MSN easily >>>>>
Mbappe will never reach Suarez's heights

Harmonica wrote:https://twitter.com/LoGioPSG/status/1424707133002637312

lmaooo
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Winter is Coming Wed Aug 11, 2021 11:22 pm

Not in Ligue 1 but PSG put out 150 000 shirts for sale and they all got sold within 7 mins. MJ right now looking for the fattest cigar.
Winter is Coming
Winter is Coming
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Thu Aug 12, 2021 12:28 am

I mean in my experience barely any Madrid or Barca fan can keep up with up with their own shitty La Liga timings I doubt they'll spend their nights watching PSG at 2am on a on Saturday.

Their next 3 fixtures are at 9pm CEST on Saturdays still lmao, how can Eastern fans do anything especially the converts that Sports is advocating for. The Ligue will get no boost, PSG will get both a monetary and viewing boost for a small time which will die out soon the moment PSG get found out like usual and that's it, hell France themselves don't care about football enough.
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Thu Aug 12, 2021 12:56 am

lol.  Fairly certain that PSG will play most of it games as the "Game of the Week" in France, which is Sunday at 9pm local time, 3pm EST.

Besides, most games are carried by Amazon... so you can watch them whenever you want, live or not.

Believe it or not, French clubs time the games so that local fans can fill the stadiums. That's the reason for the times.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Thu Aug 12, 2021 2:24 am

sportsczy wrote:lol.  Fairly certain that PSG will play most of it games as the "Game of the Week" in France, which is Sunday at 9pm local time, 3pm EST.

Besides, most games are carried by Amazon... so you can watch them whenever you want, live or not.

Believe it or not, French clubs time the games so that local fans can fill the stadiums.  That's the reason for the times.  

Yes, that game of the week and the fact French people can only take out time at 9pm on a Saturday to watch football is why Messieconomics will not work nor will the league get a boost, only the team. Also Amazon is only Europe even with the new deal which is again questionable considering other league matches are already at 60' by the time PSG kicks off. Also if you think people watch games not live, that has to be smaller than the percentage of carbon dioxide in the atmosphere.
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Thu Aug 12, 2021 2:34 am

I do.  I can't watch games on the west coast of the US as they're played too late for me on the east coast.  I went to college in Los Angeles so I follow the teams there.  I watch them the next day.  It's fairly normal here.  The only ones I really want to see live are the big games, not the regular season ones.

And yes, French culture is what it is.

Messieconomics is already working as PSG has sold out every single game, home and away, this season already and it happened in the past few days.  Also, they put 170k PSG Messi shirts for sale today and it sold out in 7 mins.  Amazon also said that its Ligue 1 subscription, which benefits every club, is exploding.  

Most people use a VPN to circumvent the geography issue as a FYI.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Thu Aug 12, 2021 2:39 am

It just sounds like a PSG advantage to me rather than a Ligue 1 unless they do something major in the CL, still the expectation would be watching PSG playing CL Ro16 in Feb rather than anything else unless they get a good group.
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by Warrior Thu Aug 12, 2021 2:58 am

One thing sure: it will not harm

Maybe some rival club gets bought and revamped like PSG but it will take a long time to implement. So what Ligue 1 need is a top media deal, so the whole league can improve, and perhaps the presence of Messi-Neymar will make the bids go up. Idk

The problem Messi's contract is just for 2 years and is there guarantees by QSI after world cup 2022 (season 22-23) ?? Of course they'll say yes but i remain skeptical.

Short-term i can see the league viewership get a boost. But we are talking of a mere 2 years. On long term it depends on other factors.
Warrior
Warrior
FORZA JUVE

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by iftikhar Thu Aug 12, 2021 3:07 pm

Signing of Messi will have NO impact on the League just as there was no impact after the Qatar takeover.

Signing of Messi will give PSG added exposure and revenue.
iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Thu Aug 12, 2021 3:35 pm

How in the world did the takeover not bring more to the league? Hell during the Carlo-Zlatan era I began to watch them more as even if it was just many people drawn to PSG it brings more attention to the league itself even if indirect.

Messi is even bigger as nowadays people tend to follow players a lot more than before rather, than clubs. (Looking at Harmonica).

Its a huge coup for the Ligue as a whole.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Sociedad

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Thu Aug 12, 2021 4:00 pm

Most of what Sports has been making out this PSG spending spree is turning out to be his delusional ambitions. He is now supporting a questionable ethics state run regime doing far worse practices that those that Perez proposed to which he raged as disgusting. Then he defends the dances PSG has been doing together with UEFA and french futbol org on both FFP and salary load to operating budget. Then there is the matter of his exaggerations of the French leaque and the so called positive financial impact on this 3rd rate league. And then there is the exaggerations of the players. Both Messi and Ramos best years are long since passed. They may have one or two more years left in them, but there is clearly exaggerations happening here. He is now praising Ramos as an elite defender yet for years he has criticized him repeatedly as a very poor defender. Hypocritical! Then there is a RB that couldn’t make Real Madrid as a squad player yet alone a starter. The GK they acquired isn’t any improvement over what they already have and then there is this utility midfieder that was invisible in EPL that will be be lucky if he earns an occasional start. So all these 2nd rate players and 2 aging players are suddenly going to make them the dream team! Extreme exaggerations!

This team may very well make it to CL final, but then again the team they already had did just that. They should be equip to dominate this weak league, but then again weren’t they already equipped to do just that!

I say we wait to see what actually happens before getting carried away with these positive forecasts.
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Thu Aug 12, 2021 4:18 pm

One thing though Bill, just because Hakimi didn't make it at Madrid doesn't make him an inferior player (though I don't think you are giving that impression).

Cambiasso didn't make it either at Madrid but history tells us he had fine career at Inter.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by farfan Thu Aug 12, 2021 5:07 pm

Doc wrote:One thing though Bill, just because Hakimi didn't make it at Madrid doesn't make him an inferior player (though I don't think you are giving that impression).

Cambiasso didn't make it either at Madrid but history tells us he had fine career at Inter.

Yep, what a cynical take on a guy who has established himself as a world-class RWB in two top leagues.Laughing but I guess anything goes when you're trying to win an argument on the internet.
farfan
farfan
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester City

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Thu Aug 12, 2021 5:44 pm

Hakimi not performing at Madrid means little.

Madrid of all have a very concentrated line-up with little rotation for most of their years in which mostly their starting XI perform as their unfavourable dont tend to find success there, but elsewhere and in other top clubs.

Sneijder, Robben, etc good examples.

All in all Messi to PSG will no doubt bring more attention to what remains a very underrated league.

And hopefully have other teams in France step their game up knowing PSG are bound to be dominant again. The league is only on the up.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Sociedad

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Thu Aug 12, 2021 7:11 pm

I say these signings are more about shirt sales than improving an already strong lineup. That translates to zero financial impact to other clubs.

And if these rumours about Mbappe and Ronaldo have any validity, it’s only a matter of time until egos prevale. That was the prime reason why the Madrid galáctico era had little success.
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Thu Aug 12, 2021 10:49 pm

Arquitecto wrote:

Sneijder, Robben, etc good examples.

Well, both Sneijder and Robben did pretty well at Madrid, however, they were victims of Flo's clean up on his 2nd return at the Bernabeu.

And, well, the rest is history at this point.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Thu Aug 12, 2021 11:10 pm

Madrid are morons for letting Hakimi go

but that's nothing new
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Thu Aug 12, 2021 11:44 pm

Claude Makélélé is the most famous f-up. But again, he was doing well before being sold for not playing sexy enough football as a DM.

Eto'o was a Madrid player too let's not forget.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Thu Aug 12, 2021 11:49 pm

Doc wrote:One thing though Bill, just because Hakimi didn't make it at Madrid doesn't make him an inferior player (though I don't think you are giving that impression).

I don’t view him as inferior. I just don’t view him as elite. I also know there are lots of players who did well after leaving Madrid.

My entire point in reviewing the new PSG signings was there is a lot of exaggerations going on here. Collectively esp with Messi, they are improved. I just don’t agree that they will be the dream team that everyone here seems to be wetting their pants over.
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Fri Aug 13, 2021 2:04 am

Hapless_Hans wrote:Madrid are morons for letting Hakimi go

but that's nothing new
Madrid has been pretty fine without him so I barely see that as moronic.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Wed Sep 22, 2021 9:15 am

Laughing

Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Kebab Wed Sep 22, 2021 10:23 am

He played psg's 2 difficult matches. really though matches. He was great against lyon in the first half and everyone thought he already adapted. But in second half he stopped running probably because of injury. In barca he would play with injury and nobody would know it. And next 2 games he would walk and protect himself. In psg things are different
Kebab
Kebab
Cant go to the last pages in mobile version. There is no page numbers

Back to top Go down

Post by Uncanny Thu Sep 23, 2021 4:38 am

Doc wrote:
Hapless_Hans wrote:Madrid are morons for letting Hakimi go

but that's nothing new
Madrid has been pretty fine without him so I barely see that as moronic.

he barely every featured for them and I dont think they rated him to keep him. Obviously he would make them much better if he played for them now
Uncanny
Uncanny
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Wed Mar 09, 2022 10:07 pm

The impact of Messi:

Without him, last two years UCL final and semi final.
With him, R16 exit.

:whistle:
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Wed Mar 09, 2022 10:08 pm

Where is the regular equivalent Ronaldo thread, he ruined an entire football club unlike Messi lol
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next