RealGunner
S
The Franchise
Lord Awesome
McLewis
21 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

EURO 2020 - QF : Switzerland vs Spain Empty EURO 2020 - QF : Switzerland vs Spain

Post by McLewis Tue Jun 29, 2021 1:38 am

Never thought I'd say I'm relishing a midfield battle between Xhaka and Busquets, but here we are.

McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

EURO 2020 - QF : Switzerland vs Spain Empty Re: EURO 2020 - QF : Switzerland vs Spain

Post by Lord Awesome Tue Jun 29, 2021 2:18 am

Xhaka gonna be out due to card accumulation sadly. He was so immense for Swiss against France so it'll be kinda sad watching the Swiss try to play long balls the way Xhaka does. They still have Rodriguez at least.
Lord Awesome
Lord Awesome
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

EURO 2020 - QF : Switzerland vs Spain Empty Re: EURO 2020 - QF : Switzerland vs Spain

Post by McLewis Tue Jun 29, 2021 3:46 pm

Ooof that's indeed a blow. Probably a fatal one for the Swiss.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Tue Jun 29, 2021 3:55 pm

Spain absolutely cannot deal with direct balls and crosses. Embolo and Seferović can certainly cause problems if they go the direct route.

Pau Torres and Laporte looked extremely poor dealing with those balls and Torres was brought on specifically to combat that kinds of balls as Eric Garcia is smaller and I assume worse in this area.

Spain are good defensively if you try and pass your way through the midfield, they are sharp on counter pressing and Busquets reads situations very well. Always feels like they have an extra player waiting to pick up the loose ball. If you can avoid all that and get balls in the box or over the top, immediate panic. If you can cause this danger, it also impacts Spain in possession as they begin to take less risks with the ball and therefore struggle to break opponents down.

For any of that to happen, they will have to deal with the quality they have, which is of course very hard.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by S Tue Jun 29, 2021 4:05 pm

Morata might be bit of a beta but he's the only reason for me to cheer for Spain

Joint top goalscorer for Spain in Euro tournaments. GOAT :bow:
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Tue Jun 29, 2021 5:11 pm

No Xhaka no Chance
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Tue Jun 29, 2021 6:09 pm

Very confident for this tie.

Switzerland knocking out France meant nothing to me as I still don't rate them.

But they DO have a good coach so can be up for a surprise.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Tue Jun 29, 2021 9:11 pm

I rate the Swiss attack kinda. Shaqiri, Embolo, Seferovic, Gavranovic are decent players. I like Embolo in particular, they are a solid team that can give trouble to anyone.

Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Zagadka Thu Jul 01, 2021 2:10 pm

just bought a ticket for this one....75 euros banana banana

finally gonna see my homeboy Shaq score a banger right in front of my eyes...it's gonna happen. 100%

quote this post plz
Zagadka
Zagadka
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Awesome Fri Jul 02, 2021 1:31 am

Ill say this before the game, there is a saving grace with Switzerland. They do have Seferovic who I think at this point has proven he is a player to be feared by to any defense and Gavranovic seems to perform well for the national team. Both have proven to be clinical and have shown up when they are needed. They have good tools upfront and have decent enough service still even without Xhaka. Embolo too adds another worry since he is very strong and speedy so he can breach the likes of Laporte with Spain's highline. They will miss Xhaka's clarity in the midfield but they are very well led under Petkovic right now and Shaqiri is still there to deliver a decent pass or shot outside the box. They certainly play like a Balkan team and with the names of same of the players along with the manager I guess that answers itself so I wouldn't count them just quite out just yet.
Lord Awesome
Lord Awesome
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Fri Jul 02, 2021 8:45 am

One thing that has me less hopeful for Switzerland is how thoroughly we destroyed them in the group stages.

Spain plays more similar to Italy than to France, if the Swiss haven't figured out how to counter that, it will be easy for Spain.

On the other hand Spain's defense is always a risk so there is hope for the Swiss.
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Fri Jul 02, 2021 12:33 pm

Comparing Spain to Italia is flattering on us given yes the attempt is to control the game but Italian possession in this tourney is positive and actually being done with with results after almost each 2 passes.

Here its predictable and reactive to the challenge itself as Switzerland will only be prevailed upon comfortably if we can have the midfield controlled as otherwise a surprise can approach at anytime given the disaster that is the Spanish backline.

Enrique has yet to also figure out his favourite system as if Italia do go through v Belgium and us this afternoon (likely) then expect a much easier challenge from Spain then Belgium.

But Enrique's Spain predictable as it is in play is unpredictable in its result usually so who knows.

Rest assured this isn't even as good as the one Conte's Italia totally outplayed in 2016 Euros.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Zagadka Fri Jul 02, 2021 12:35 pm

^ I think that game was not an outlier, but rather a WTF.

Switzerland almost never get whipped 3-0. I can't recall any match in major tourneys or qualifiers that they got so completely outplayed and destroyed like Italy match.

Going back to 2006 when somoehow they bowed out of World Cup without conceding a goal, they've always been a competitive team and only usually lost matches by the odd goal in tightly contested games.

vs. Chile 2010
vs. Argentina 2014
vs. Poland 2016
vs. Sweden 2018

I'm gonna stick my neck out there and say that the norm will prevail today and not the exception.

It'll be a very competitive match where no team dominates or destroys the other.

I'm honestly so excited for this...Kind of hope it goes to penalties and they take the penos on the side of the goal where I'll be sitting. Will be a surreal experience !!
Zagadka
Zagadka
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Fri Jul 02, 2021 12:40 pm

To be honest my assessment is purely based on that Italy match and their general performance in group A but I go on about Petkovic and that he is a very tactically astute manager so I do expect a surprise.

But Im happy to see you'll be there hope to catch you on cam too by chance. Be safe and take pics for us brother. Hope its a spectacle today for us.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Fri Jul 02, 2021 2:27 pm

Zagadka wrote:^ I think that game was not an outlier, but rather a WTF.

Switzerland almost never get whipped 3-0. I can't recall any match in major tourneys or qualifiers that they got so completely outplayed and destroyed like Italy match.

Going back to 2006 when somoehow they bowed out of World Cup without conceding a goal, they've always been a competitive team and only usually lost matches by the odd goal in tightly contested games.

vs. Chile 2010
vs. Argentina 2014
vs. Poland 2016
vs. Sweden 2018

I'm gonna stick my neck out there and say that the norm will prevail today and not the exception.

It'll be a very competitive match where no team dominates or destroys the other.

I'm honestly so excited for this...Kind of hope it goes to penalties and they take the penos on the side of the goal where I'll be sitting. Will be a surreal experience !!

Must be so nice to be at the actual game espeically after so long without being able to Very Happy Gl and enjoy the game.

Curious though what are the requirements in terms of the covid protocols? Do they require any tests or vaccinated, health code, or anything like that?
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Zagadka Fri Jul 02, 2021 3:28 pm

I’m at a outside bar next to the stadium and honestly it feels like a home game for the Swiss.

So many of them have made the trip ….barely seen any Spaniards so far.

Very good atmosphere
Zagadka
Zagadka
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Fri Jul 02, 2021 4:30 pm

The lack of Spanish crowd was predicted. We always were a fickle and cynical bunch when it comes to La Roja and more so since the golden gen evaporated and very little faith in this team is there so us getting the QF is quite a surprise along with some measure of luck.

Shame.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Perucho21 Fri Jul 02, 2021 5:08 pm

Scumbag scores
Perucho21
Perucho21
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Fri Jul 02, 2021 5:09 pm

Si si, vamos, Morata Bachata!
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Fri Jul 02, 2021 5:11 pm

own goal.

switzerland never had a chance without xhaka
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Fri Jul 02, 2021 5:40 pm

Spain are just boring to watch, whether its their style or the lack of star power. I mean the biggest star and performer nowadays are like Alba, Busquets, Morata Razz Anyway, again I might be under appreciating Spain, but is it more of them being good or Swiss just nothing spectacular?
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Perucho21 Fri Jul 02, 2021 6:20 pm

Yeah this match had all the makings to be a snoozefest
Perucho21
Perucho21
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Fri Jul 02, 2021 6:24 pm

Zagadka wrote:just bought a ticket for this one....75 euros banana banana

finally gonna see my homeboy Shaq score a banger right in front of my eyes...it's gonna happen. 100%

quote this post plz

My man :bow:
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Perucho21 Fri Jul 02, 2021 6:25 pm

Imagine madridistas being ok with losing Ramos and Varane and signing Pau Torres
Perucho21
Perucho21
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Superstone Mariomintsch Fri Jul 02, 2021 6:25 pm

SHAAAAQIIIIRRRIIII!!!!

The spirit of XHAKA is alive!
Superstone Mariomintsch
Superstone Mariomintsch
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Dortmund

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next