Warrior
Art Morte
El Gunner
The Franchise
Great Leader Sprucenuce
18 posters

Page 13 of 40 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 26 ... 40  Next

Go down

The Official Dwayne Wade <<<<<< you thread - Page 13 Empty Re: The Official Dwayne Wade <<<<<< you thread

Post by Art Morte Tue May 25, 2021 1:47 pm

The Franchise wrote:2 games in and Butler is finished? Meanwhile last playoffs in the same conditions he was cooking everyone?

Damn, yall are harsh.

Bad start for the Heat and they are certainly in alot of trouble.

Butler & Miami pretty much coasted through the regular season (so that's a bad evaluation basis) and two games into the playoffs Butler's been bad. I can only call it how I see it. Either he improves or I will continue to question whether he can be the main guy any longer.

Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

The Official Dwayne Wade <<<<<< you thread - Page 13 Empty Re: The Official Dwayne Wade <<<<<< you thread

Post by The Franchise Tue May 25, 2021 1:47 pm

CBarca wrote:Right, but to be clear my point was that you were ignoring that we were shooting under 20% on open and wide open 3's. With knockdown shooters. Anything you can say about Heat needing to improve and margin of improvement could be said about the Bucks.

Put this way: Bucks shot 41% from 3 and won by 34 (Heat shot 25%). In G1 bucks shot 14% while Heat shot 40%, Bucks won by two.

Heat need more than improvement right about now. Spoelstra has to prove he can do what Bud couldn't do last playoffs: save a team that's in free fall.

Well that is true. If you give up open shots, you are bound to get hurt.

I dont agree with the bold. Butler and Bam are legit players who you dont expect to shoot 30% from the floor and combine for so few points.

Open looks are bad, but they (3's) always come with a degree of unreliability.

I cant talk about the adjustments Spo has to make because I didnt even see game 1 and only part of game 2. Just saying, I think the HEAT can play alot better and have more margin for improvement.

Last edited by The Franchise on Tue May 25, 2021 1:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Tue May 25, 2021 1:48 pm

The Franchise wrote:
Freeza wrote:
The Franchise wrote:2 games in and Butler is finished? Meanwhile last playoffs in the same conditions he was cooking everyone?

Damn, yall are harsh.

The bubble was very easy for the players mentally, despite every single player saying the opposite.

You think Butler falls into this?

I think Butler is legit, bubble or not.

I'm being sarcastic. I'm not big into believing it's somehow easier for players to be completely isolated from their loved ones during such a troubling time, no matter how rich they happen to be.

Butler is incredible. He had the best season of his career this year.

He might be feeling the effects of the shortest off season ever right about now.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Tue May 25, 2021 1:53 pm

Art Morte wrote:

Damn, yall are harsh.

Butler & Miami pretty much coasted through the regular season (so that's a bad evaluation basis) and two games into the playoffs Butler's been bad. I can only call it how I see it. Either he improves or I will continue to question whether he can be the main guy any longer.

By coasted, do you really mean injured and in and out of the line up? He only played 50 games this season, many of them not at 100% (still had better numbers than last season btw) and the HEAT in general have had a ton of injuries and not been able to play with anything near squad for much of the season. Especially the start.

Butler should be more shot happy, rather than trying to get everyone involved. That Butler was what we saw last play off run.

But I dont get how, due to 2 games, these judgements can be made. Anyone can have a bad series, especially a bad 2 games.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Tue May 25, 2021 1:54 pm

Freeza wrote:
The Franchise wrote:
Freeza wrote:

The bubble was very easy for the players mentally, despite every single player saying the opposite.

You think Butler falls into this?

I think Butler is legit, bubble or not.

I'm being sarcastic. I'm not big into believing it's somehow easier for players to be completely isolated from their loved ones during such a troubling time, no matter how rich they happen to be.

Butler is incredible. He had the best season of his career this year.

He might be feeling the effects of the shortest off season ever right about now.

My bad. Yes, I think you are right.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Tue May 25, 2021 2:22 pm

There's also the fact that Jrue is a generational level defender. Chalking it up as Butler being terrible and not being forced by a great player in not good.

It's not like Anthony Davis being guarded by Frank Vogel against the Suns
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Tue May 25, 2021 2:34 pm

Butler coasted? Dude has either been injured or had covid all year.

It's fine to admit you don't know instead of making stuff up for a hot take lol.

With that said he has a lot of miles on his body, i wouldn't be surprised if he's just gassed.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Tue May 25, 2021 3:45 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:Butler coasted? Dude has either been injured or had covid all year.

It's fine to admit you don't know instead of making stuff up for a hot take lol.

With that said he has a lot of miles on his body, i wouldn't be surprised if he's just gassed.

Butler's own quote on having covid: "I had a light headache, and I felt like I was ready to go. I wanted to compete. Obviously, you cannot do that. But it didn’t hit me that hard.”

He played 52 out of 72 games, that's not being injured all year. I don't think he had a particularly impressive regular season - but that's fine.

Butler's 31, there are plenty of stars who are equally old or older and still kicking ass, so giving him "a lot of miles in his body" excuse is neither here or there. So far he's the biggest reason for Miami's poor playoff start, because your best player should be playing a lot better than this.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Tue May 25, 2021 4:47 pm

I mean, you do realise Butler was touch and go to even play game 1 due to a back injury? He missed the last couple games of the reg season with it.

I am the last person to start making excuses for players, but he has been in and out of the line up all season with problems. Plus he went to the finals and played damn near every minute available then turned around with the shortest offseason which caused some of those early missed games Id predict.

Holiday might be the best on ball defender since Leonard's Spurs days and all that, but no excuses, he has to play better.

But I cant put this on him like Bam hasnt always been terrible, Hero has taken a step back and in general the Heat have not been stable all year long.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Tue May 25, 2021 7:34 pm

Butler is coming off one of his best regular seasons... it's also clear as daylight he is Miami's best player... but like i said before he is a fringe superstar, maybe just a star. By that i mean he's not on the same level as Steph, LeBron, KD, Jokic, Giannis, Dame... hell, even some of the young guns are better than him Doncic, Booker, Tatum. So don't expect a lot from him. Miami overachieved in the bubble, i'll stand by that.
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Tue May 25, 2021 8:19 pm

Booker is not better lol
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Tue May 25, 2021 8:53 pm

yes, he is
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Tue May 25, 2021 9:10 pm

no
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Tue May 25, 2021 10:38 pm

I don't think Booker is better right now, but he might be by next year. Hell maybe the biggest reason is that Booker has yet to prove he can put a run on like Butler did last year. Let's see what Booker can do this year

Although...now I need to hedge because Butlers defense >>> Booker's. He needs to improve on d. He's fine. Not great
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Wed May 26, 2021 4:17 am

Suns struggling with Lakers length and scrapiness tonight
They need a big 3rd quarter run if they want to make a game out of this
Schroeder the difference atm
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Wed May 26, 2021 4:25 am

Just turned on the last 5 mins of that half. Barkley is spot on right now. I only watched 5 mins and even I know that Booker needs to be way more aggressive.

Seriously, they had CP3 out and Booker/Payne in for the last 4 minutes there and I think Booker got the ball on like two possessions. What the hell? Why is Cameron Payne shooting? Give the ball to Booker and tell him to either score or get doubled and make a play. It's big boy time
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by Warrior Wed May 26, 2021 4:49 am

So this is the match where Schroder is allowed to drive at will
Warrior
Warrior
FORZA JUVE

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Wed May 26, 2021 5:43 am

yea that CP3 injury has really messed up Suns chances at winning this series
Should be easy for Lakers from here on out, they haven't even played their best offensive game yet
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Wed May 26, 2021 5:46 am

CBarca wrote:Just turned on the last 5 mins of that half. Barkley is spot on right now. I only watched 5 mins and even I know that Booker needs to be way more aggressive.

Seriously, they had CP3 out and Booker/Payne in for the last 4 minutes there and I think Booker got the ball on like two possessions. What the hell? Why is Cameron Payne shooting? Give the ball to Booker and tell him to either score or get doubled and make a play. It's big boy time

Payne was good tonight? and they doubled Booker the whole game Saric is a fish out of water though and Crowder bricked all but one 3 the entire night

Suns just don't have enough alternatives on offense with CP3 out, it's that simple
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Warrior Wed May 26, 2021 5:48 am

Nice effort by Suns in second half. But near the end they let Gasol then LeBron shoot open 3s. Every defeat hurts and they will regret this one even more, Chris Paul is injured, series 1-1 and from now on there's more games to be played in LA. Lakers are slowly but surely getting in form.

On a side note, those Ihop ads are killing me. One of the rare things USA has over Canada imo :coffee:
Warrior
Warrior
FORZA JUVE

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Wed May 26, 2021 5:51 am

CBarca wrote:I don't think Booker is better right now, but he might be by next year. Hell maybe the biggest reason is that Booker has yet to prove he can put a run on like Butler did last year. Let's see what Booker can do this year

Although...now I need to hedge because Butlers defense >>> Booker's. He needs to improve on d. He's fine. Not great
all good points here, agree 100%

he has had lots of brilliant offensive nights before CP3 joined their squad... it just never garnered as much attention as it should because the Suns stunk... so yea now he needs to translate that into a playoff run. Don't think it will come with the Suns though... CP3 has an unlucky playoff injury curse and he is only getting older. I see Book moving to greener pastures in a few years time unless Suns somehow get another younger star. Age is still on his side though.
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Wed May 26, 2021 6:09 am

Clippers in the mud lmao
#FreeKawhi
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Wed May 26, 2021 6:44 am

Any willing to back their take that Clippers has a better team than last year this year?

Legit a two man team
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Wed May 26, 2021 10:37 am

think that was only Mole, iirc hmm
i was smart enough not to put any stock in them again this season after their capitulation in the bubble

not that their team from last year was anything to write home about compared to this one tbh... Batum has been a nice glue guy around the edges of the team, but of course he is not gunna win you a playoff game. Ibaka just hasn't been fit for how long now, and whenever he's played he has looked like a shadow of his top self? Playoff Rondo can be useful but they actually need to be competitive for him to work. Luke Kennard's contract has turned out to be a big, big L lol

on top of that the Kawhi-PG experiment seems to be a big failure, turns out you can't just put two two-way all-star wings together and make a playoff run. There's just one or two integral things missing in that team that you can't quite put a finger on... is it still the lack of a true PG? They also don't have top defensive schemes for a team with decent length?? doesn't really make sense. Maybe the Clipper curse is just real.

Furthermore, it could indicate that Kawhi is not a team leader at all, which probably shouldn't come as a surprise to some. He can be the best player on a championship team, but then you need a really good squad around him that covers all aspects. Then again we all know Raptors lucked out in the 2019 Finals because of Warriors injuries, and getting past an inexperienced and limited Giannis and Embiid teams were probably not as great a feats as some might have thought all things considered.
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Wed May 26, 2021 11:27 am

Clippers LOL

Luka serving up some of "mama's cooking", shout out to Kwame Brown.

Clippers 2 biggest problems in my opinion.

They cant do anything with Luka. He is getting Bev on him in every pick and roll and just bullying him to the lane. This modern NBA of switching everything, he is just pulling out whoever he wants.

Clippers tried to trap him, but doing it out on top, Dallas flashes a man to the middle and they find the open man from there. Clippers have no answers.

On offence, Clippers (and I felt this even last year) shoot too many jumpers. Does anyone on this team get the basket other than Leonard?

None of this matters of course. The Nets got this.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Wed May 26, 2021 12:25 pm

Luke Kennard really is Mozgov

Mole come get your boy
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 13 of 40 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 26 ... 40  Next