Perez' vision of a perfect football world

+24
BarrileteCosmico
futbol_bill
Lord Awesome
Doc
halamadrid2
Myesyats
Arquitecto
The Demon of Carthage
Harmonica
Winter is Coming
Chad31
farfan
The Madrid One
Jay29
Nivash
titosantill
CBarca
Nishankly
Kaladin
Casciavit
Hapless_Hans
BarcaLearning
Luca
sportsczy
28 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Perez' vision of a perfect football world Empty Perez' vision of a perfect football world

Post by sportsczy Wed Apr 21, 2021 3:36 am

1-  the "traditional clubs" make all the money
2-  these clubs will help smaller clubs by buying their best players since they have all the money
3-  the fans will be happy because clearly there are only fans of elite clubs
4-  THE FOOTBALL GAMES SHOULD BE SHORTER (my favorite Laughing )
5-  these great clubs are forced to do this because, in the case of Real Madrid, the revenues went from 900 million euros per year to 600 million.  that's not enough money to run a club
6-  god forbid the peasant clubs catch up to us; that would be the end of football

What a pitch. I'm sold!
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille
Posts : 20127
Join date : 2011-12-07

Back to top Go down

Perez' vision of a perfect football world Empty Re: Perez' vision of a perfect football world

Post by Luca Wed Apr 21, 2021 3:57 am

It was one of the most delusional interviews I’ve ever seen. I imagine it’s this interview that really made the clubs who signed up realize what they really signed up for.

Can you imagine Florentino sitting there amid all this backlash and panic and he gets into the group chat with the other 11 members of the brain trust and he says, “don’t worry, I got this”

Maybe let’s work on lowering transfer fees, the last thing the sport needs is more money- it needs better allocation because fees are just getting more ridiculous and it’s not aligning with revenues in most cases

Luca
J Council Master

Club Supported : Juventus
Posts : 14135
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 29

Back to top Go down

Perez' vision of a perfect football world Empty Re: Perez' vision of a perfect football world

Post by sportsczy Wed Apr 21, 2021 4:02 am

@Luca wrote:It was one of the most delusional interviews I’ve ever seen. I imagine it’s this interview that really made the clubs who signed up realize what they really signed up for.

Can you imagine Florentino sitting there amid all this backlash and panic and he gets into the group chat with the other 11 members of the brain trust and he says, “don’t worry, I got this”

Maybe let’s work on lowering transfer fees, the last thing the sport needs is more money- it needs better allocation because fees are just getting more ridiculous and it’s not aligning with revenues in most cases

If the money is spread around more. the fees will come down automatically at the very top... that's the answer.  

Giving more money to a handful of clubs drove the fees up for the elite players and actually pushed the wages down for all the other players (compared to the overall pool of money for wages). That's what killed football.

God forbid elite clubs need to develop players and can only afford to pay for 3-4 elite ones.  What the world come to?  Back to what made football great is the answer.

You need parity, not elitism.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille
Posts : 20127
Join date : 2011-12-07

Back to top Go down

Perez' vision of a perfect football world Empty Re: Perez' vision of a perfect football world

Post by BarcaLearning Wed Apr 21, 2021 4:48 am

He always goes so far, but this time its really too far and backfired Loool. Perez u can continue sticking to just buying refs from now on Very Happy
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona
Posts : 6571
Join date : 2011-12-08

Back to top Go down

Perez' vision of a perfect football world Empty Re: Perez' vision of a perfect football world

Post by Hapless_Hans Wed Apr 21, 2021 9:34 am

not going to lie, I'm loving the @sportsczy of the last week :wub:

(I haven't been reading up on the politics threads though, so)
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon
Posts : 33263
Join date : 2013-09-17

Back to top Go down

Perez' vision of a perfect football world Empty Re: Perez' vision of a perfect football world

Post by Casciavit Wed Apr 21, 2021 11:19 am

Thoughts on Zidane refusing to give his opinion compared to an activist like Sir Pep who heavily shat on it? Klopp somewhat disapproved of it too, but he seemed more concerned about Neville's comments than the actual thing. Laughing
Casciavit
Casciavit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : AC Milan
Posts : 8368
Join date : 2012-08-05

Back to top Go down

Perez' vision of a perfect football world Empty Re: Perez' vision of a perfect football world

Post by Casciavit Wed Apr 21, 2021 11:23 am

Perez's thought process behind this competition explains why he sold Makelele and why he used to refuse to sign ugly players. Laughing
Casciavit
Casciavit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : AC Milan
Posts : 8368
Join date : 2012-08-05

Back to top Go down

Perez' vision of a perfect football world Empty Re: Perez' vision of a perfect football world

Post by Kaladin Wed Apr 21, 2021 11:54 am

He really reminds me of a certain Uchiha:

Perez' vision of a perfect football world Main-qimg-c4970aecb717db899f64b45e3f15b57b
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 24100
Join date : 2012-06-28
Age : 28

Back to top Go down

Perez' vision of a perfect football world Empty Re: Perez' vision of a perfect football world

Post by Luca Wed Apr 21, 2021 12:14 pm

@Casciavit wrote:Thoughts on Zidane refusing to give his opinion compared to an activist like Sir Pep who heavily shat on it? Klopp somewhat disapproved of it too, but he seemed more concerned about Neville's comments than the actual thing. Laughing


Pep shouldn’t really be allowed to talk though. He’s managed Barca, Bayern and City and has probably spent more than any other manager

That’s the irony that this project has really brought out. No one is a man of the people, nor is any club

Bayern and PSG had the foresight not to join a failed project and demonize themselves and good for them but the current system is still flawed and simply, is not better or going to improve without reform

Also, none of this means Uefa is actually good or cares, they just want to be the ones to get paid

Luca
J Council Master

Club Supported : Juventus
Posts : 14135
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 29

Back to top Go down

Perez' vision of a perfect football world Empty Re: Perez' vision of a perfect football world

Post by Casciavit Wed Apr 21, 2021 12:20 pm

@Luca wrote:
@Casciavit wrote:Thoughts on Zidane refusing to give his opinion compared to an activist like Sir Pep who heavily shat on it? Klopp somewhat disapproved of it too, but he seemed more concerned about Neville's comments than the actual thing. Laughing


Pep shouldn’t really be allowed to talk though. He’s managed Barca, Bayern and City and has probably spent more than any other manager

That’s the irony that this project has really brought out. No one is a man of the people, nor is any club

Bayern and PSG had the foresight not to join a failed project and demonize themselves and good for them but the current system is still flawed and simply, is not better or going to improve without reform

Also, none of this means Uefa is actually good or cares, they just want to be the ones to get paid


It was bait LOL. I agree with you.

No one is good here. Everyone is self-interested. PSG and Bayern had their reasons for not joining let's not paint them as good guys either. UEFA surely isn't good here. The fact that the scummiest organizations in football have had a face turn is comical.

CL needed some changes, but the way Perez went about it was totally wrong.
Casciavit
Casciavit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : AC Milan
Posts : 8368
Join date : 2012-08-05

Back to top Go down

Perez' vision of a perfect football world Empty Re: Perez' vision of a perfect football world

Post by Luca Wed Apr 21, 2021 12:27 pm

Respect. You got me with the bait

Luca
J Council Master

Club Supported : Juventus
Posts : 14135
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 29

Back to top Go down

Perez' vision of a perfect football world Empty Re: Perez' vision of a perfect football world

Post by Casciavit Wed Apr 21, 2021 12:52 pm

BarcaLearning said in the EPL thread that he wouldn't be interested in West Ham qualifying for the CL. When I see sentiments like that and read some of Perez's reasoning for wanting the ESL I don't think he's exactly speaking nonsense.

The last time we had an unpredictable CL final between two big teams before 2020 was back in 2009. Every year between those had a clear favorite and underdog going into it.

I hated the 2019 CL finals. Spurs vs Liverpool. Spurs who lucked their way into the finals in a match-up we had seen numerous times in the PL. I had no interest whatsoever in what should be the most prestigious match in football. I knew it was going to be a shit game, and surprise surprise it was.

Underdog stories are what make football memorable and help reinforce that sporting success can be based on how well you play, and not only how much you pay. However, there comes a point in time when you realize that Lyon-Bayern, RBL-PSG, Croatia-France just aren't as attractive of a match to casual watchers.

Now that's not to say those teams didn't deserve to be in the place they were, they did, but when Perez comes around and says that doesn't interest new fans, I can understand him TBH. People are drawn to big matches between big players. No one is sticking around to watch Atalanta.

I kept hearing these owners purport that 40% of Gen Z isn't interested in the sport. Now I don't think that's their main reason for wanting the ESL, we all know the main reason is the guaranteed revenue coming out of it. I also question the reliability of that stat. What are they using to make that claim? Is it viewership numbers? TV ratings as a whole have been going down in the last five years. People in that age range mostly stream matches because of how expensive subscriptions are. Tickets are more expensive now which also makes it harder for younger people to watch games live too.

However, if we were to entertain that claim as true, then I can understand the basis of having a super league. More big games = more viewers = more money. So I'm going to ask you guys a question, if there is a lack of interest in football, what do you suggest changes to improve that? The game needs changes IMO. I have some ideas, but I'm interested in what others have to say. What changes would you make to increase interest in the sport along with increasing the quality without ruining sporting merit?
Casciavit
Casciavit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : AC Milan
Posts : 8368
Join date : 2012-08-05

Back to top Go down

Perez' vision of a perfect football world Empty Re: Perez' vision of a perfect football world

Post by Nishankly Wed Apr 21, 2021 1:15 pm

Why are we attacking Spurs?

Ajax knocked out Madrid and Juventus in the same competition have we already forgotten that? We would never see that in the ESL. Perez can fuck off.

And I can only expect and have seen that Spanish fans usually have a problem with the quality of football, they have like 3 decent matches a season while English club usually fans don't mind spending their Saturday evenings watching Middlesbrough vs QPR.

Perez is an example of those minority Spanish fans.
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Club Supported : Lyon
Posts : 20355
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 27

Back to top Go down

Perez' vision of a perfect football world Empty Re: Perez' vision of a perfect football world

Post by CBarca Wed Apr 21, 2021 2:15 pm

@Casciavit wrote:BarcaLearning said in the EPL thread that he wouldn't be interested in West Ham qualifying for the CL. When I see sentiments like that and read some of Perez's reasoning for wanting the ESL I don't think he's exactly speaking nonsense.

The last time we had an unpredictable CL final between two big teams before 2020 was back in 2009. Every year between those had a clear favorite and underdog going into it.

I hated the 2019 CL finals. Spurs vs Liverpool. Spurs who lucked their way into the finals in a match-up we had seen numerous times in the PL. I had no interest whatsoever in what should be the most prestigious match in football. I knew it was going to be a shit game, and surprise surprise it was.

Underdog stories are what make football memorable and help reinforce that sporting success can be based on how well you play, and not only how much you pay. However, there comes a point in time when you realize that Lyon-Bayern, RBL-PSG, Croatia-France just aren't as attractive of a match to casual watchers.

Now that's not to say those teams didn't deserve to be in the place they were, they did, but when Perez comes around and says that doesn't interest new fans, I can understand him TBH. People are drawn to big matches between big players. No one is sticking around to watch Atalanta.

I kept hearing these owners purport that 40% of Gen Z isn't interested in the sport. Now I don't think that's their main reason for wanting the ESL, we all know the main reason is the guaranteed revenue coming out of it. I also question the reliability of that stat. What are they using to make that claim? Is it viewership numbers? TV ratings as a whole have been going down in the last five years. People in that age range mostly stream matches because of how expensive subscriptions are. Tickets are more expensive now which also makes it harder for younger people to watch games live too.

However, if we were to entertain that claim as true, then I can understand the basis of having a super league. More big games = more viewers = more money. So I'm going to ask you guys a question, if there is a lack of interest in football, what do you suggest changes to improve that? The game needs changes IMO. I have some ideas, but I'm interested in what others have to say. What changes would you make to increase interest in the sport along with increasing the quality without ruining sporting merit?


I think your argument has merit but the 2019 CL is the wrong example to point out as it was a great CL overall with a shit final. However, the best games in the tournament all revolved around Ajax or Tottenham throughout the tourney. Ajax vs Madrid was fantastic. Ajax vs Juventus as well. Tottenham vs Man City was the height of drama, and somehow Tottenham vs Ajax topped that -- incredible drama and entertainment. I point this out because while Tottenham somehow made the cut, Ajax and Tottenham are teams you generally wouldn't consider to be ESL elite or clubs that really ought to be included.

There were a couple other great matchups between "ESL giants" -- Man U vs PSG was pretty great and Liverpool vs Barca was a classic as well.

Let's not forget that somehow Liverpool vs Tottenham as a CL final is actually also between two ESL teams. If ESL wanted to take itself seriously as a cohort of the footballing elite, there are a fair few teams that shouldn't make it -- Tottenham, Arsenal, current Liverpool, Atletico, Milan, arguably Barca, Juventus. I won't comment on the teams that should have been in it as I believe they would have joined eventually. I think that's the joke of the thing, to me, beyond the pure greed. Most of these teams are in shambles.

Your question is a good one. Quite frankly, I'm not sure where we go from here. The obvious answer is we need more parity -- salary caps, caps on transfer fees etc might help (although those need to be worked in a way so as to avoid unexpected consequences). However, I can't see those happening because football is in too deep in its wealth inequality. The big clubs got caught with their pants down this time only from incompetence, but it's clear their mentality is that they know they have the power and they aren't afraid of flexing it and will continue to flex it. Why would they agree to measures that limit their power?

I don't think it's wrong for people to consider how we might have to radically change football. But it's going to be tricky now that we've gotten where we are
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao
Posts : 20028
Join date : 2011-06-17
Age : 25

Back to top Go down

Perez' vision of a perfect football world Empty Re: Perez' vision of a perfect football world

Post by titosantill Wed Apr 21, 2021 2:18 pm

Lmao only flo and laporta; real and barca are still in this, they shud just organize a best of 7 el clasico series....to be played in Qatar. Hey at least it made for some good footy banter
titosantill
titosantill
First Team
First Team

Posts : 4621
Join date : 2013-09-22

Back to top Go down

Perez' vision of a perfect football world Empty Re: Perez' vision of a perfect football world

Post by titosantill Wed Apr 21, 2021 2:19 pm

Oh Juventus still in it too
titosantill
titosantill
First Team
First Team

Posts : 4621
Join date : 2013-09-22

Back to top Go down

Perez' vision of a perfect football world Empty Re: Perez' vision of a perfect football world

Post by Nivash Wed Apr 21, 2021 2:42 pm

The primary problem with ESL was the permanent membership and exclusivity, fix that and it becomes the answer. But then it's really just a glorified champions league without UEFA; which itself isn't necessarily a bad thing if you think about it as cutting out an unnecessary admin burden and the founding members taking it on directly. Given that 'infrastructure' investment/commitment, perhaps there's an argument to allow a buffer period for those founding members to be able to recoup the costs and make a return on that investment, after which it could revert to a more competitive model. Even if they retain a permanent membership, it should be a much smaller proportion of the total pool.

Arguably, even a permanent membership for a small pool of teams wouldn't be a deal breaker given that most of those teams would invariably qualify every year anyway

Nivash
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 276
Join date : 2011-09-08

Back to top Go down

Perez' vision of a perfect football world Empty Re: Perez' vision of a perfect football world

Post by Luca Wed Apr 21, 2021 2:59 pm

@Nivash wrote:The primary problem with ESL was the permanent membership and exclusivity, fix that and it becomes the answer. But then it's really just a glorified champions league without UEFA; which itself isn't necessarily a bad thing if you think about it as cutting out an unnecessary admin burden and the founding members taking it on directly. Given that 'infrastructure' investment/commitment, perhaps there's an argument to allow a buffer period for those founding members to be able to recoup the costs and make a return on that investment, after which it could revert to a more competitive model. Even if they retain a permanent membership, it should be a much smaller proportion of the total pool.

Arguably, even a permanent membership for a small pool of teams wouldn't be a deal breaker given that most of those teams would invariably qualify every year anyway


Yeah, but it should be a deal breaker and it would dilute the CL for example, I don't think the two could co-exist, as was the original vision

The real issue is it awards these teams too much money each year, that will translate into a further gap in domestic leagues, exacerbated an obvious and real problem (an 80 year problem as Agnelli said). Florentino's response? The money will be good because it will allow teams like Real Madrid to pay higher transfer fees to smaller clubs, giving them more money. It doesn't work like that. Even Angelli talked about how Juventus signing Ronaldo generated 4 million euros per season for other teams, but who is the real beneficiary? Obviously Juventus, just like every other club in the ESL would be the true and direct beneficiaries

UEFA and FIFA are trash though, it has to be said. The best thing that came from this is the exposure of that. Also, deep down our beloved clubs are on the extreme low end of the moral food chain. Never forget that business trumps passion and values

Luca
J Council Master

Club Supported : Juventus
Posts : 14135
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 29

Back to top Go down

Perez' vision of a perfect football world Empty Re: Perez' vision of a perfect football world

Post by Jay29 Wed Apr 21, 2021 3:12 pm

What changes would you make to increase interest in the sport along with increasing the quality without ruining sporting merit?

Firstly, there are two things we have to accept. One is that not every team can be rich and popular. The other is that there isn't enough talent to go around to give every team a chance ay becoming rich and popular. Whatever we do, there's always going to be a small elite group.

The CL has created a viscous cycle. Successful club wins > Gets more money > Buys all the good players > Stays successful > Earns more money, and so on. The cycle has to be disturbed somehow to give others a chance.

We're looking at tougher controls on spending, basically. Which then could lead to a more equal spread of talent. If casual fans aren't into Atalanta and Lyon and co, it's likely because these clubs lack recogniseable star names. The moment they produce one, they're gone to a super club.

Imagine these teams keeping hold of those players and then actually winning the CL? Suddenly people will be interested in those teams.

I don't know how to specifically accomplish that but I think that's the state football has to work toward.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla
Posts : 19949
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 28

Back to top Go down

Perez' vision of a perfect football world Empty Re: Perez' vision of a perfect football world

Post by sportsczy Wed Apr 21, 2021 4:28 pm

@Casciavit wrote:Perez's thought process behind this competition explains why he sold Makelele and why he used to refuse to sign ugly players. Laughing

You can put makeup and lipstick on a pig and make it look like a supermodel... but that the end of the day, it's still a pig.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille
Posts : 20127
Join date : 2011-12-07

Back to top Go down

Perez' vision of a perfect football world Empty Re: Perez' vision of a perfect football world

Post by BarcaLearning Wed Apr 21, 2021 5:42 pm

@CBarca wrote:
@Casciavit wrote:BarcaLearning said in the EPL thread that he wouldn't be interested in West Ham qualifying for the CL. When I see sentiments like that and read some of Perez's reasoning for wanting the ESL I don't think he's exactly speaking nonsense.

The last time we had an unpredictable CL final between two big teams before 2020 was back in 2009. Every year between those had a clear favorite and underdog going into it.

I hated the 2019 CL finals. Spurs vs Liverpool. Spurs who lucked their way into the finals in a match-up we had seen numerous times in the PL. I had no interest whatsoever in what should be the most prestigious match in football. I knew it was going to be a shit game, and surprise surprise it was.

Underdog stories are what make football memorable and help reinforce that sporting success can be based on how well you play, and not only how much you pay. However, there comes a point in time when you realize that Lyon-Bayern, RBL-PSG, Croatia-France just aren't as attractive of a match to casual watchers.

Now that's not to say those teams didn't deserve to be in the place they were, they did, but when Perez comes around and says that doesn't interest new fans, I can understand him TBH. People are drawn to big matches between big players. No one is sticking around to watch Atalanta.

I kept hearing these owners purport that 40% of Gen Z isn't interested in the sport. Now I don't think that's their main reason for wanting the ESL, we all know the main reason is the guaranteed revenue coming out of it. I also question the reliability of that stat. What are they using to make that claim? Is it viewership numbers? TV ratings as a whole have been going down in the last five years. People in that age range mostly stream matches because of how expensive subscriptions are. Tickets are more expensive now which also makes it harder for younger people to watch games live too.

However, if we were to entertain that claim as true, then I can understand the basis of having a super league. More big games = more viewers = more money. So I'm going to ask you guys a question, if there is a lack of interest in football, what do you suggest changes to improve that? The game needs changes IMO. I have some ideas, but I'm interested in what others have to say. What changes would you make to increase interest in the sport along with increasing the quality without ruining sporting merit?


I think your argument has merit but the 2019 CL is the wrong example to point out as it was a great CL overall with a shit final. However, the best games in the tournament all revolved around Ajax or Tottenham throughout the tourney. Ajax vs Madrid was fantastic. Ajax vs Juventus as well. Tottenham vs Man City was the height of drama, and somehow Tottenham vs Ajax topped that -- incredible drama and entertainment. I point this out because while Tottenham somehow made the cut, Ajax and Tottenham are teams you generally wouldn't consider to be ESL elite or clubs that really ought to be included.

There were a couple other great matchups between "ESL giants" -- Man U vs PSG was pretty great and Liverpool vs Barca was a classic as well.

Let's not forget that somehow Liverpool vs Tottenham as a CL final is actually also between two ESL teams. If ESL wanted to take itself seriously as a cohort of the footballing elite, there are a fair few teams that shouldn't make it -- Tottenham, Arsenal, current Liverpool, Atletico, Milan, arguably Barca, Juventus. I won't comment on the teams that should have been in it as I believe they would have joined eventually. I think that's the joke of the thing, to me, beyond the pure greed. Most of these teams are in shambles.

Your question is a good one. Quite frankly, I'm not sure where we go from here. The obvious answer is we need more parity -- salary caps, caps on transfer fees etc might help (although those need to be worked in a way so as to avoid unexpected consequences). However, I can't see those happening because football is in too deep in its wealth inequality. The big clubs got caught with their pants down this time only from incompetence, but it's clear their mentality is that they know they have the power and they aren't afraid of flexing it and will continue to flex it. Why would they agree to measures that limit their power?

I don't think it's wrong for people to consider how we might have to radically change football. But it's going to be tricky now that we've gotten where we are


I may be exaggerating, but I dont there will be much improvement with the current state of things as they are and things will just essentially continue (obviously hope it doesnt go as bad as to force the big clubs to again form some sort of break away again in years time). Reason being its just how the world and ppl work, u see many other issues in the world has also become too extreme, where u need most ppl to unit in order to change them for them to go back to more health states, but it never happens, because ppl are just greedy and selfish, or at least even if say half or majority of ppl want to do it, the fact that there are always a portion of ppl that refuse to, changes for the better hardly ever goes through, and just continue to get worst. Ppl in power just wont do whats good for everyone, they often do whats best for themselves. U see UEFA seemingly just continuing to do what they have done as always.

The biggest problem is also money, it just rules everything, but in a world where growth cannot go on forever, there is basically no way out Razz The rich and big clubs always want to find more revenue, in a world where everything keeps getting more expensive, but there just isnt new ways to find more income anymore . So what should be done is for clubs to limit their spending and lower expenses but thats never gonna happen when they are run by the rich (in the case of Man C for example they have unlimited money basically so one could say its their freedom Razz), so they end up making up money by going to the American investment banks which worryingly seems like what UEFA is now doing too? Get into debt that they may not be able to pay back (Barca), and continue their ways.

I dont know what will happen eventually, perhaps one of the big clubs go bankrupt, or some kind of market value crashes with the players transfer values and wages go back to more reasonable levels which makes it a bit more level playing field for everyone.
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona
Posts : 6571
Join date : 2011-12-08

Back to top Go down

Perez' vision of a perfect football world Empty Re: Perez' vision of a perfect football world

Post by titosantill Wed Apr 21, 2021 8:29 pm

@Casciavit wrote:Thoughts on Zidane refusing to give his opinion compared to an activist like Sir Pep who heavily shat on it? Klopp somewhat disapproved of it too, but he seemed more concerned about Neville's comments than the actual thing. Laughing


i cant believe that im saying this about pep. but i was proud of active players and coaches who didnt like it and said something about it. players should not have to wait for fans to react to take a position that affects them. city were in it and pep made his feelings known about the situation....we all have our allegiances and feuds as fans, but i really respect his decision to speak, regardless of any consequences he might have met
titosantill
titosantill
First Team
First Team

Posts : 4621
Join date : 2013-09-22

Back to top Go down

Perez' vision of a perfect football world Empty Re: Perez' vision of a perfect football world

Post by sportsczy Wed Apr 21, 2021 9:37 pm

@Casciavit wrote:Thoughts on Zidane refusing to give his opinion compared to an activist like Sir Pep who heavily shat on it? Klopp somewhat disapproved of it too, but he seemed more concerned about Neville's comments than the actual thing. Laughing

It's delicate for him. Besides football, he and his family are personal friends with Flo Perez and his family since his transfer to Madrid roughly 20 years ago. It's far far more than a professional relationship.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille
Posts : 20127
Join date : 2011-12-07

Back to top Go down

Perez' vision of a perfect football world Empty Re: Perez' vision of a perfect football world

Post by The Madrid One Wed Apr 21, 2021 11:35 pm

It's sad to see Perez live right now on "El Larguero." This is starting to look like a David Lynch film, the poor man is senile and I feel great pity.
The Madrid One
The Madrid One
"Imaybeonthesideoftheangels..."

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 4750
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 27

Back to top Go down

Perez' vision of a perfect football world Empty Re: Perez' vision of a perfect football world

Post by farfan Thu Apr 22, 2021 12:08 am

@Casciavit wrote:Thoughts on Zidane refusing to give his opinion compared to an activist like Sir Pep who heavily shat on it? Klopp somewhat disapproved of it too, but he seemed more concerned about Neville's comments than the actual thing. Laughing


Knowing Pep, he probably had solid insider knowledge confirming City were out before he opened his mouth to soak in all the praise. Laughing We know for a fact the guy is not above taking dirty money or working with unscrupulous characters.
farfan
farfan
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester City
Posts : 5060
Join date : 2013-05-30

Back to top Go down

Perez' vision of a perfect football world Empty Re: Perez' vision of a perfect football world

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum