VivaStPauli
Young Kaz
Warrior
34 posters

Page 11 of 25 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 18 ... 25  Next

Go down

The Racism Thread - Page 11 Empty Re: The Racism Thread

Post by BarrileteCosmico Sun Jul 11, 2021 9:18 pm

Deplorable. No other sport brings out this much ugliness.

BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Awesome Sun Jul 11, 2021 9:25 pm

McLewis wrote:Predictable. They're English when they win, immigrants when they lose.

Same with the black French players as well.

And players of Middle Eastern descent too. This shit is gross. :facepalm:
Lord Awesome
Lord Awesome
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Sun Jul 11, 2021 11:19 pm

BarrileteCosmico wrote:No other sport brings out this much ugliness.

Lots of racists in hamster racing. Look it up

i'm heavy into that
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Mon Jul 12, 2021 1:32 pm

BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Mon Jul 12, 2021 1:45 pm

BarrileteCosmico wrote:Deplorable. No other sport brings out this much ugliness.

Yea it's weird. But also feels like a bigger issue in Europe. Does this happen in the NBA?
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by VivaStPauli Mon Jul 12, 2021 2:09 pm

BarrileteCosmico wrote:

Neville's right, but I think we can all agree on that.
Since Unique's banned.
VivaStPauli
VivaStPauli
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC St. Pauli

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Mon Jul 12, 2021 2:31 pm

RealGunner wrote:
BarrileteCosmico wrote:Deplorable. No other sport brings out this much ugliness.

Yea it's weird. But also feels like a bigger issue in Europe. Does this happen in the NBA?

kinda yea... lots of dumb wypipo (white people) went on social media last year saying to keep "politics out of sport" and further spread their racist tendencies during the Black Lives Matter campaigns after George Floyd killing
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Mon Jul 12, 2021 3:02 pm

Man.. this just put a darker blanket on the celebrations than I would have liked and took away from how proud everyone is of England, for the controversy like this is just not what you want to see.

Very disappointed in some of these fans who quite obviously have no lives if a fucking game, has enabled them to hide behind their anonymity and be what they want.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Mon Jul 12, 2021 4:55 pm

El Gunner wrote:
RealGunner wrote:

kinda yea... lots of dumb wypipo (white people) went on social media last year saying to keep "politics out of sport" and further spread their racist tendencies during the Black Lives Matter campaigns after George Floyd killing

No i mean do people racially abuse NBA players after they have a bad match?
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Mon Jul 12, 2021 5:10 pm

RealGunner wrote:
El Gunner wrote:
RealGunner wrote:

I personally haven't seen it to the extent of what we've seen with the England players, but I don't doubt it happens.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warrior Mon Jul 12, 2021 5:13 pm

NBA not the best example since like 90% of the league are black players

Hockey/Nascar are the whitest major sports. Idk about Nascar but hockey has a bunch of racist events. No need to describe it goes from booing to cyber attacks to exclusion in minor leagues. Which is a shame because (in Canada at least) hockey is a passion most people have in common. Even for newcomers who live here since recently, i know many who are big fans
Warrior
Warrior
FORZA JUVE

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre Mon Jul 12, 2021 8:04 pm

Most of ultras are fascists, everything rotates on it.
Ffs I remember when Inter curva wanted to explain what's the racism to Lukaku during his first year ( through a statement terribly banalized ) , I felt so embarassed for it.
I was going to thinking it this year, " well, the only good thing about closed stadiums is " no  racist booes anymore " ...
Anyway I remember Art Morte had ranted on Serie A thread for racism abuses in Italy but as predictable, it's common plague, even in sweetened England
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre Mon Jul 12, 2021 8:12 pm

Anyway as anti-monarchist, the English Royal family that condemns fans' racism got me a bitter laugh , I admitt it.
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Mon Jul 12, 2021 8:21 pm

M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Mon Jul 12, 2021 9:27 pm

Based
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Mon Jul 12, 2021 9:29 pm

@robespierre plenty of ultras in countries without fascism though
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon Jul 12, 2021 9:34 pm

McLewis wrote:
RealGunner wrote:
El Gunner wrote:

I personally haven't seen it to the extent of what we've seen with the England players, but I don't doubt it happens.

It definitely does, it's just not as out right as some English fans.

Lots of thinly veiled insults but you damn well what the intentions were. It's probably not as noticeable because a lot of Basketball fans aren't White and if they are they're probably tweeting in a different languages.

I bet if people searched Eastern European fans you'd probably find some pretty horrific stuff.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Tue Jul 13, 2021 4:01 am

Robespierre wrote:Anyway as anti-monarchist, the English Royal family that condemns fans' racism got me a bitter laugh , I admitt it.

Let's be honest, the English are an embarrassment to civilization. Imagine having a Queen in the 21st century and singing that "God" should "save her"

What the actual fuck. Everything that comes after that is really just par for the course
Why wonder about racism in society when that is your form of government and the people you regard as rulers?
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by VivaStPauli Tue Jul 13, 2021 4:10 am

Hapless_Hans wrote:
Robespierre wrote:Anyway as anti-monarchist, the English Royal family that condemns fans' racism got me a bitter laugh , I admitt it.

Let's be honest, the English are an embarrassment to civilization. Imagine having a Queen in the 21st century and singing that "God" should "save her"

What the actual fuck. Everything that comes after that is really just par for the course
Why wonder about racism in society when that is your form of government and the people you regard as rulers?

Eh, lots of countries are weird. Americans have the pledge of allegiance, that shit is straight out of North Korea.
I'm told we are werid as well though I don't believe it.
VivaStPauli
VivaStPauli
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC St. Pauli

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre Tue Jul 13, 2021 4:28 am

BarrileteCosmico wrote:@robespierre plenty of ultras in countries without fascism though

honestly  it was more diverisfied time ago, I mean in 70s-80s you could have 50%-50%  , but by now far right has taken control of many curvas. As Roma ultras are an example, passed from being leftist to rightist.
but for example in Italy it's difficult to find today ultras group not tied to far right while it was diversied time ago. At max you can hope in some exception that is  apolitical , as Napoli Fiorentina...more and more exceptions though...
On an international level, talking of  big clubs' group, perhaps just Schickeria by Bayern makes a real exception, influenced by a cosmpolitan vision.
Situation in  all those countries that were under Warsaw Treaty is the most tragic though. As a sort of reaction to the past, far right forces catalyze everything included ultras .
Racism in hooligans is out of discussion, always walked hand in hand with National Front ( few exceptions, as Manchester City firm, anarchist inclination ) , even though I think they can join just abroad their country , I suppose it's forbidden to enter in English stadiums now
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Tue Jul 13, 2021 6:07 am

Dont Denmark, sweden, norway still have kings as well ??? I think it's unrelated, the queen is a mere mascot now

people will shit on eastern europe as being so racist and backward etc but Euro 2012 in Poland/Ukraine was a picnic compared to what the english are doing
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre Tue Jul 13, 2021 7:17 am

Myesyats wrote:Dont Denmark, sweden, norway still have kings as well ??? I think it's unrelated, the queen is a mere mascot now

people will shit on eastern europe as being so racist and backward etc but Euro 2012 in Poland/Ukraine was a picnic compared to what the english are doing

Yeah I remember we had a black CF and absolutely no problems.  I talked just about ultras, I can't talk about countries that ha never visited, and anyway I've premised that it's same in Italy (far right ultras etc)

At least in Italy ideological racism that unfolds in the stadiums has a very strong neo-fascist connotation. I insist on this point ,it's so.
it originates from neo-fascist cores that are at the heart of many Italian curve  and hegemonize them.
Neo-fascist message begins from them as an act of political communication programmed for propaganda and proselytism, and  basically it has not nothing with  tifo originally.
Violence, on the other hand, despite being particularly rooted in the neo-fascist groups, which are
among the toughest "warriors", has its roots in the Ultras subculture, and not  all it's politicized.

then of course racism is plague that goes beyond the football "" fans ""at the stadium,  unfortunately  if it was not  just a problem at stadiums, stadiums is just reflex of society

personally I think that Italy is facing a political phase very worrying, fed by disappearance of left and even due to   right forces that has supplantated his conservative allies in their alliance

in the so-called advanced countries racism can't be istitutionalized, but it takes shape under ' inphra-racism ' . That is to vehicular racist messagges not directly , but through act of scattered prejudices, acts of discrimination
isolated, apparently not related  each other.discrimination is encountered here and there in some institutions, where it is nevertheless degrading and shameful and is not duly stigmatized.
Medias develop a crucial role on this, divulganding dispoasing news on immigrants evidently more relevant that if made by compatriots.

To conclude, indeed I'm very critical towards Italy and Italians about their vision to consider Italy as a country historically immune from germ of racism.
The image of the "Italians good people", consolidated by a historical analysis that has always strengthened this vision by minimizing the racist practices made in our home and outside.
Colonial racism ? It doesn't exsist, it 's shame that belongs to English, French, Belgium , Spanish etc But indeed Italy stained to same colonial atrocity in Etiopia.
Fascism ?  Surely condemned, Anti-fascist constitution, Resistenza etc but , but ... apart that Italian right always tries to evade the issue ( unlike of Tories or Gollist ), a question, could you find Stalin marketing in newstands or German for Hitler ?
Well Italy is a country that repudiates his fascist past but you can find  fascist marketing in normal newstands (as if it 's legit) , Duce calendar etc  and I doubt he's head down in month of April
If racism and his  close ideologies don't get faced in the hardest way possible  and you leave a door open on some things .. you shape a racist society.
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Tue Jul 13, 2021 8:40 am

Myesyats wrote:Dont Denmark, sweden, norway still have kings as well ??? I think it's unrelated, the queen is a mere mascot now

To be clear i only used that comp because there's a sizeable contingent of NBA fans from the section of Europe and there's a history not particularly nice behaviour lol.

I'm sure if there were more English/Mediterranean fans there would be similar situations, I'm not that naive.

Tbf i shouldn't have dropped it so casually.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Tue Jul 13, 2021 6:59 pm

this some another new trend i don't get? Laughing

Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Wed Jul 14, 2021 3:44 pm

If I recall, weren't the black Dutch players targeted with racism at Euro 2012 in Krakow? I think Ruud Gullit even confirmed they were hearing monkey chants during a training session.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Wed Jul 14, 2021 4:39 pm

Is it worse than this? My point is that people from the west have this wild idea about what eastern europe is like but imo everyone's got their own problems more or less and its not uncommon for people to look down on eastern europe I think undeservedly so while ignoring racism in the own backyard.

Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 11 of 25 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 18 ... 25  Next