The Racism Thread

Page 7 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

The Racism Thread - Page 7 Empty Re: The Racism Thread

Post by McLewis Sat Apr 03, 2021 3:29 am

@Arquitecto wrote:
@McLewis wrote:I saw the video and honestly I'm not surprised it's not getting much play.

Media is a ratings game. There are no ratings in a black man assaulting a non-white person, unless its Fox News, OANN, or Newsmax. There aren't even ratings in a black man assaulting a white person, only with those networks. When the shoe is on the other foot, the ratings are there obviously. What I think gets lost in the shuffle here is that the media will show the stories they believe people want to see based on the viewing data that drives their ratings. There are whole algorithms and data forecasts that drive these decisions at an executive. It's purely about the ratings, which means its purely about money.

This is why I cringe even when they give so much coverage to the deaths of black men at the hands of cops or just white people in general. It's not genuine. It's simply them following their data models in order to accumulate as much ratings, and thus revenue, as possible. It's why there is so much coverage on mass shootings. The exact same models are being used because they know people will watch that coverage and drive revenue to them.

Want to see who actually cares about this stuff? You need to dig deeper than just the verifieds on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram. The interest is there.  

Want to see equal media weight given to both of these scenarios? Make media less of a revenue generating operation and return them to their original state of just reporting the news. Champion media outlets that are all about just reporting factual news without the whataboutisms.


I'm surprised I did not think of that and something so simple as even if it would have turned out to be big news it would have represented a clear bias in my attempt to make a rather simple point.

When you inevitably do go to Europe, say in Italia where your team resides, I would personally give my opinion that you likely will not face any racism as long I have maintained as such cases are majority in hooliganism or ultras, who are the most dominant with the stadia, but total outcasts outside and one of them for that reason. Most Hooligans as a whole generally are outcasted and seen as the lower denizens of society.



Yeah despite the racism problem in Serie A (and La Liga to a lesser extent) I'm not particularly worried about travelling in Italy or Spain. As someone mentioned above, these are countries that are used to receiving black tourists so unless I'm journeying into super small, isolated towns that don't get a lot of black visitors, I doubt something racist will happen. Greece is another country I want to visit, but that one's a bit more dodgy. A black guy got beat to death there a few years back by a mob of white guys. I think we discussed in this thread or a previous thread at some point. That gave me pause about putting it on my to-go list, but there's a lot that I want to see in that country. Guess I'll just have to avoid taking pictures with random waitresses at bars in front of a bunch of goons.

McLewis
Admin
Admin

Posts : 12335
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

The Racism Thread - Page 7 Empty Re: The Racism Thread

Post by Babun Sat Apr 03, 2021 12:26 pm

@Myesyats wrote:So someone just drove a car into police officers and then pulled out a knife outside the capitol... just another day.

Where is racism in that? A lunatic crashed into a capitol guard, politically motivated I'd say. Racially? Don't think so.
Babun
Babun
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 7003
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

The Racism Thread - Page 7 Empty Re: The Racism Thread

Post by Myesyats Sat Apr 03, 2021 1:16 pm

That was in relation to violence/murder being more prevalent in the US than in the EU. Discussion on the previous page veered away from racism a little.
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Atletico Madrid
Posts : 14149
Join date : 2015-05-03
Age : 22

Back to top Go down

The Racism Thread - Page 7 Empty Re: The Racism Thread

Post by McLewis Sat Apr 03, 2021 2:07 pm

@Babun wrote:
@Myesyats wrote:So someone just drove a car into police officers and then pulled out a knife outside the capitol... just another day.

Where is racism in that? A lunatic crashed into a capitol guard, politically motivated I'd say. Racially? Don't think so.


American RW media are already trying to make this a racial issue given the guy was black and an adherent of the Nation of Islam, a black nationalist organization. No one knows his actual motive yet though.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Roma
Posts : 12335
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 32

Back to top Go down

The Racism Thread - Page 7 Empty Re: The Racism Thread

Post by Babun Sun Apr 04, 2021 2:30 pm

@McLewis wrote:
@Babun wrote:
@Myesyats wrote:So someone just drove a car into police officers and then pulled out a knife outside the capitol... just another day.

Where is racism in that? A lunatic crashed into a capitol guard, politically motivated I'd say. Racially? Don't think so.


American RW media are already trying to make this a racial issue given the guy was black and an adherent of the Nation of Islam, a black nationalist organization. No one knows his actual motive yet though.

Far fetched BS as always instead of concentrating on obvious things like big companies (Nike etc.) paying zero tax. I like where Biden is going..
Babun
Babun
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 7003
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

The Racism Thread - Page 7 Empty Re: The Racism Thread

Post by Babun Sun Apr 04, 2021 3:36 pm

https://img-9gag-fun.9cache.com/photo/ayM9pVM_460svav1.mp4
Babun
Babun
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 7003
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

The Racism Thread - Page 7 Empty Re: The Racism Thread

Post by McLewis Sun Apr 04, 2021 5:21 pm



Is he right?

EDIT: I do not agree with the poster of the tweet. Only RW twitter are talking about this so I just picked one to embed here.


Last edited by McLewis on Mon Apr 05, 2021 12:13 am; edited 1 time in total
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Roma
Posts : 12335
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 32

Back to top Go down

The Racism Thread - Page 7 Empty Re: The Racism Thread

Post by Babun Sun Apr 04, 2021 7:14 pm

Yeah, "Divide and Conquer" by Julius Caesar, one of the oldest strategies in the book to solve complex problems. In this case, the victory condition is the fragmentation of the society itself so no one questions the ones who pull the strings. With shitloads of minorities, no majourity can be brought behind real changes like a better public education and a basic healthcare system, for example.
Babun
Babun
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 7003
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

The Racism Thread - Page 7 Empty Re: The Racism Thread

Post by Young Kaz Thu Apr 08, 2021 3:54 am

Speaking of college basketball....




That self hate hit different tho when folks are honest:lol: Laughing . I mean.....mentally ill asian women never are just that blunt with it in the wild. Good luck to Uncle Hubert trying to go into black women's homes to recruit their kids after this. Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad
Young Kaz
Young Kaz
First Team
First Team

Posts : 1529
Join date : 2019-03-22

Back to top Go down

The Racism Thread - Page 7 Empty Re: The Racism Thread

Post by Myesyats Fri Apr 09, 2021 3:57 pm

It can only go downhill from this speech onward  The Racism Thread - Page 7 1f602
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Atletico Madrid
Posts : 14149
Join date : 2015-05-03
Age : 22

Back to top Go down

The Racism Thread - Page 7 Empty Re: The Racism Thread

Post by McLewis Fri Apr 09, 2021 5:10 pm

His intentions were obviously not malicious. The man's clearly not an orator. I think he was trying to address the enormity of his appointment as well as proactively address the subsequent elephant in the room (his white wife and biracial children) and ended up stumbling.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Roma
Posts : 12335
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 32

Back to top Go down

The Racism Thread - Page 7 Empty Re: The Racism Thread

Post by Young Kaz Fri Apr 09, 2021 7:28 pm

@McLewis wrote:His intentions were obviously not malicious. The man's clearly not an orator. I think he was trying to address the enormity of his appointment as well as proactively address the subsequent elephant in the room (his white wife and biracial children) and ended up stumbling.


A black college basketball coach with a white wife is not really an elephant in the room. Hell, its a dime a dozen with college basketball players/nba players/coaches. Even Michelle Obama's older brother who coached at some of the whitest schools in the nation like oregon and brown has a white wife.


Dude tried to code switch and failed. He thought dropping a nugget like "My wife white....Im not one of them too black dudes" would get him some brownie points. Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

Young Kaz
Young Kaz
First Team
First Team

Posts : 1529
Join date : 2019-03-22

Back to top Go down

The Racism Thread - Page 7 Empty Re: The Racism Thread

Post by El Gunner Fri Apr 09, 2021 7:58 pm

@Young Kaz wrote:Speaking of college basketball....




That self hate hit different tho when folks are honest:lol: Laughing . I mean.....mentally ill asian women never are just that blunt with it in the wild. Good luck to Uncle Hubert trying to go into black women's homes to recruit their kids after this. Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad

all i saw was a man acknowledging respect towards his white wife and biracial children in times when people just want to divide people by colour
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Club Supported : Arsenal
Posts : 18051
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 24

Back to top Go down

The Racism Thread - Page 7 Empty Re: The Racism Thread

Post by McLewis Fri Apr 09, 2021 8:15 pm

@Young Kaz wrote:
@McLewis wrote:His intentions were obviously not malicious. The man's clearly not an orator. I think he was trying to address the enormity of his appointment as well as proactively address the subsequent elephant in the room (his white wife and biracial children) and ended up stumbling.


A black college basketball coach with a white wife is not really an elephant in the room. Hell, its a dime a dozen with college basketball players/nba players/coaches. Even Michelle Obama's older brother who coached at some of the whitest schools in the nation like oregon and brown has a white wife.


Dude tried to code switch and failed. He thought dropping a nugget like "My wife white....Im not one of them too black dudes" would get him some brownie points. Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing



Yeah I'm just not seeing that in either video. Seems a fairly humble guy and who, again, isn't exactly skilled with words. I'm going to give him the benefit of the doubt for that reason specifically.

Not every black man in a position of leadership is going to be capable of expressing himself eloquently at all times. We were spoiled by the likes of MLK, Malcolm X, Hampton, Carmichael, Obama etc in this way for many years. Not everyone is going to reach those levels. I'm not going to hold that against this guy.

This is just not something I think deserves any type of smoke.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Roma
Posts : 12335
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 32

Back to top Go down

The Racism Thread - Page 7 Empty Re: The Racism Thread

Post by Warrior Fri Apr 09, 2021 8:25 pm

@El Gunner wrote:
@Young Kaz wrote:Speaking of college basketball....




That self hate hit different tho when folks are honest:lol: Laughing . I mean.....mentally ill asian women never are just that blunt with it in the wild. Good luck to Uncle Hubert trying to go into black women's homes to recruit their kids after this. Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad

all i saw was a man acknowledging respect towards his white wife and biracial children in times when people just want to divide people by colour



Yes exactly

You could sense he meant something like "skin color is not everything" but lacked the words for it. Sucks for Mr Davis his career starts with a scandal because some race crackpots choose to feel dishonored Laughing projecting their own resentment against whites to everyone else
Warrior
Warrior
FORZA JUVE

Club Supported : Juventus
Posts : 7023
Join date : 2016-05-25

Back to top Go down

The Racism Thread - Page 7 Empty Re: The Racism Thread

Post by Young Kaz Fri Apr 09, 2021 8:35 pm

@El Gunner wrote:
@Young Kaz wrote:Speaking of college basketball....




That self hate hit different tho when folks are honest:lol: Laughing . I mean.....mentally ill asian women never are just that blunt with it in the wild. Good luck to Uncle Hubert trying to go into black women's homes to recruit their kids after this. Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad

all i saw was a man acknowledging respect towards his white wife and biracial children in times when people just want to divide people by colour


We dont live in a vacuum.

I mean, I grew up in predominantly black spaces, I live in predominantly black spaces(although Atlanta is gentrified more and more every day)....There has never been a shortage of dudes I grew up with who tried to tell me how loud,mean,ghetto,masculine black women are. This comes from self hate, and this comes from worshipping white women. Its always been that.



Hubert felt the need to throw that out there to score points with white folks. Same way Asian women think getting a white guy makes them "More American"
Young Kaz
Young Kaz
First Team
First Team

Posts : 1529
Join date : 2019-03-22

Back to top Go down

The Racism Thread - Page 7 Empty Re: The Racism Thread

Post by El Gunner Fri Apr 09, 2021 9:03 pm

you're just projecting man, chill, go make love to your mentally-healthy Asian wife/girlfriend
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Club Supported : Arsenal
Posts : 18051
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 24

Back to top Go down

The Racism Thread - Page 7 Empty Re: The Racism Thread

Post by Hapless_Hans Fri Apr 09, 2021 9:05 pm

So.. should Hubert not have married a white woman, or should he have not mentioned it?

Please explain what would have been the right course of action Laughing

Jesus
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan
Posts : 32329
Join date : 2013-09-17

Back to top Go down

The Racism Thread - Page 7 Empty Re: The Racism Thread

Post by Young Kaz Fri Apr 09, 2021 9:11 pm

@El Gunner wrote:you're just projecting man, chill, go make love to your mentally-healthy Asian wife/girlfriend


If im just projecting then why has everybody else picked up on it? Smile


@Hapless_Hans wrote:So.. should Hubert not have married a white woman, or should he have not mentioned it?

Please explain what would have been the right course of action Laughing

Jesus


Maybe he shouldnt have randomly brought up how proud he was of his wife for being white?

I mean his race was brought up because its an accomplishment to be the first African American coach of that school. His wife aint the first white lady to marry a black man, have biracial kids, or even exist. Why is he randomly bringing this up?
Young Kaz
Young Kaz
First Team
First Team

Posts : 1529
Join date : 2019-03-22

Back to top Go down

The Racism Thread - Page 7 Empty Re: The Racism Thread

Post by Babun Fri Apr 09, 2021 10:16 pm

He expresses himself in a super clumsy way but the message is clear:
Reporter: You are the first BLACK head coach.
Think about it for a moment, he isn't there because he is black, white or caramel due to some woke quota but because he earned his position with hard work. All of that is reduced to the colour of his skin by a reporter Laughing
He then proudly announces he is married to a white woman with beautiful children.
It's his way of saying he doesn't give two f*cks about skin colour or other types racial stereotyping/segregation.
The rest of the story plays in your head. I mean don't you realise yourself how generalizing and racist you are? eco smile
Babun
Babun
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 7003
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

The Racism Thread - Page 7 Empty Re: The Racism Thread

Post by Young Kaz Fri Apr 09, 2021 10:52 pm

@Babun wrote:He expresses himself in a super clumsy way but the message is clear:
Reporter: You are the first BLACK head coach.
Think about it for a moment, he isn't there because he is black, white or caramel due to some woke quota but because he earned his position with hard work. All of that is reduced to the colour of his skin by a reporter Laughing
He then proudly announces he is married to a white woman with beautiful children.
It's his way of saying he doesn't give two f*cks about skin colour or other types racial stereotyping/segregation.
The rest of the story plays in your head. I mean don't you realise yourself how generalizing and racist you are? eco smile


You really dont think an ethnic minority born 51 years ago in the American south, who spent the entire press conference before then soaking up the accolades about being the first African American UNC basketball coach, doesnt care about color?

You dont think the mere fact that in his birth state(the same state as he now coaches) that he couldnt marry his wife less than 2 years before he was born doesnt play on the psyche of him and the people there when he felt the need to mention pride in his white wife?

You simply dont live in this world babun.
Young Kaz
Young Kaz
First Team
First Team

Posts : 1529
Join date : 2019-03-22

Back to top Go down

The Racism Thread - Page 7 Empty Re: The Racism Thread

Post by Babun Fri Apr 09, 2021 11:06 pm

@Young Kaz wrote:
@Babun wrote:He expresses himself in a super clumsy way but the message is clear:
Reporter: You are the first BLACK head coach.
Think about it for a moment, he isn't there because he is black, white or caramel due to some woke quota but because he earned his position with hard work. All of that is reduced to the colour of his skin by a reporter Laughing
He then proudly announces he is married to a white woman with beautiful children.
It's his way of saying he doesn't give two f*cks about skin colour or other types racial stereotyping/segregation.
The rest of the story plays in your head. I mean don't you realise yourself how generalizing and racist you are? eco smile


You really dont think an ethnic minority born 51 years ago in the American south, who spent the entire press conference before then soaking up the accolades about being the first African American UNC basketball coach, doesnt care about color?

You dont think the mere fact that in his birth state(the same state as he now coaches) that he couldnt marry his wife less than 2 years before he was born doesnt play on the psyche of him and the people there when he felt the need to mention pride in his white wife?

You simply dont live in this world babun.

How I read your "shocking" info:
The man dated and married his white wife despite difficulties in a hostile community, achieved his position as a head coach, set an example for future generations of African Americans of what is possible with dedication, hard work and sheer will!
He brought change for the better to exactly what you're criticizing. Where is the fault at that?
Sour grapes from losers I'd say. In German, we say "envy has to be earned" :coffee:
Babun
Babun
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 7003
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

The Racism Thread - Page 7 Empty Re: The Racism Thread

Post by Warrior Fri Apr 09, 2021 11:39 pm

Kaz thinks he's the only one to grow up around black people lol. Nobody else is capable of empathy. But then you understand that being a japanese dude from Atlanta is not the apex of credibility on the topic when even McLewis brushes off this bs example Laughing

The idea behind is: non-whites who date whites are submitted to a misconception of american dream. Did i get this right ?? Curious to know what you guys think, personally i am unable to explain the love of others. It can have many reasons.
Warrior
Warrior
FORZA JUVE

Club Supported : Juventus
Posts : 7023
Join date : 2016-05-25

Back to top Go down

The Racism Thread - Page 7 Empty Re: The Racism Thread

Post by Young Kaz Sat Apr 10, 2021 12:12 am

@Babun wrote:
@Young Kaz wrote:
@Babun wrote:He expresses himself in a super clumsy way but the message is clear:
Reporter: You are the first BLACK head coach.
Think about it for a moment, he isn't there because he is black, white or caramel due to some woke quota but because he earned his position with hard work. All of that is reduced to the colour of his skin by a reporter Laughing
He then proudly announces he is married to a white woman with beautiful children.
It's his way of saying he doesn't give two f*cks about skin colour or other types racial stereotyping/segregation.
The rest of the story plays in your head. I mean don't you realise yourself how generalizing and racist you are? eco smile


You really dont think an ethnic minority born 51 years ago in the American south, who spent the entire press conference before then soaking up the accolades about being the first African American UNC basketball coach, doesnt care about color?

You dont think the mere fact that in his birth state(the same state as he now coaches) that he couldnt marry his wife less than 2 years before he was born doesnt play on the psyche of him and the people there when he felt the need to mention pride in his white wife?

You simply dont live in this world babun.

How I read your "shocking" info:
The man dated and married his white wife despite difficulties in a hostile community, achieved his position as a head coach, set an example for future generations of African Americans of what is possible with dedication, hard work and sheer will!
He brought change for the better to exactly what you're criticizing. Where is the fault at that?
Sour grapes from losers I'd say. In German, we say "envy has to be earned" :coffee:



ON the contrary

Would a white college star/NBA athlete ending up with the black equivalent of this:
The Racism Thread - Page 7 Leslie-Davis-324x235

Be considered as something to inspire white kids? Lets be honest, black mothers are going to give him a side eye when he comes sit in their homes to recruit their kids....rightfully so might I add.
Young Kaz
Young Kaz
First Team
First Team

Posts : 1529
Join date : 2019-03-22

Back to top Go down

The Racism Thread - Page 7 Empty Re: The Racism Thread

Post by Young Kaz Sat Apr 10, 2021 12:21 am

@Warrior wrote:Kaz thinks he's the only one to grow up around black people lol. Nobody else is capable of empathy. But then you understand that being a japanese dude from Atlanta is not the apex of credibility on the topic when even McLewis brushes off this bs example Laughing

The idea behind is: non-whites who date whites are submitted to a misconception of american dream. Did i get this right ?? Curious to know what you guys think, personally i am unable to explain the love of others. It can have many reasons.


So your one black friend brushed it off, but you could go on my facebook page right now and see dozens posting about him.....I mean, thats how it came across my radar Laughing Laughing
Young Kaz
Young Kaz
First Team
First Team

Posts : 1529
Join date : 2019-03-22

Back to top Go down

The Racism Thread - Page 7 Empty Re: The Racism Thread

Post by Warrior Sat Apr 10, 2021 12:26 am

Because on Facebook you follow people who entertain this madness
Warrior
Warrior
FORZA JUVE

Club Supported : Juventus
Posts : 7023
Join date : 2016-05-25

Back to top Go down

The Racism Thread - Page 7 Empty Re: The Racism Thread

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum