M99
zizzle
Raptorgunner
KMD
Ali
40 posters

Page 19 of 40 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 29 ... 40  Next

Go down

The Official Rap Thread part 1 - Page 19 Empty Re: The Official Rap Thread part 1

Post by Raptorgunner Fri Nov 04, 2011 6:38 pm

Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

The Official Rap Thread part 1 - Page 19 Empty Re: The Official Rap Thread part 1

Post by Catracho Tue Nov 08, 2011 3:35 am

ali8775 wrote:
Catracho wrote:Dude... now you're just in denial.. why a publicity stunt for a guy like you said "noone heard of"???

The guy legitimately got 3 mill and signed with Sony, and he's not some underground artist for you hipsters to worship as the next patron saint to revive hip-hop.

He's the real deal and has arguable one of the best Producers of 2011 with him and a crew that are much better than Odd Future's.

If I was a hipster I wouldn't be umm...following Tech N9ne... ? (wrong definition of hipster)

because when no ones heard of him, and he pulls a publicity stunt, he gets, PUBLICITY. Publicity --> Media Coverage --> Media Coverage --> More People Hear.

Are you telling me this guy deserves a deal bigger then 50 Cent?

BTW, just so you all remember, Shyne got signed for a milli.

I'm pretty sure hipsters listen to Tech N9ne.

ASAP has penned his 3 mill deal.. 1.7 for him 1.3 for his group. idk why you can't swallow this pill brah. Pretty simple.. he's worth the 3 mil. glad yu get the logic of it all.

BTW Shyne didn't get a fair shake because he was in prison for his entire career.

ASAP Rocky next best thing to come out of NYC since Max B's prison sentence.
Catracho
Catracho
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Dortmund

Back to top Go down

Post by dmize Tue Nov 08, 2011 4:21 am

Hipsters definitely don't listen to Tech N9ne Laughing

And ASAP Rocky got that deal for a few reasons; he's marketable, he reps both Houston and New York, and he's got potential having already made a few hits(Peso, Purple Swag). They can take his career in a number of different directions. That's why he got the money(although I think it was split between his solo and ASAP worldwide his group)

The Weeknd's another dude who would get a similar signing bonus if he signed with someone like Interscope or another label. He's turned down offers from them and Warners.

ASAP's pretty dope but I still would take a number of other new artists over him(Kendrick, KRIT, Cole, Meek, Wale)

Catracho wrote:

This doesn't even make sense, pretty much everyone in NY fvcks with Max.
dmize
dmize
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Arsenal

https://twitter.com/#!/dmizee

Back to top Go down

Post by Albiceleste Tue Nov 08, 2011 6:04 am

Any thoughts on Take Care?

Albiceleste
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Dinamo Zagreb

Back to top Go down

Post by Chad Tue Nov 08, 2011 9:28 am

Lloyd Banks new Mixtape Is Great.
The Official Rap Thread part 1 - Page 19 Lloyd_Banks_The_Cold_Corner_2-front-large

Triumvirate...This Beat is Sick.
Chad
Chad
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Albiceleste Tue Nov 08, 2011 10:03 am

Chad wrote:

Triumvirate...This Beat is Sick.
Thumbs up
Love that song.

Albiceleste
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Dinamo Zagreb

Back to top Go down

Post by Chad Tue Nov 08, 2011 10:21 am

Supa Dupa bounce

Aha Love Big Sean and Wiz. smoking

Chad
Chad
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by dmize Tue Nov 08, 2011 7:37 pm

Lionel Messi wrote:

It's alright, definitely an improvement on the garbage known as TML, he actually raps on this. Lord Knows, Buried Alive(Kendrick kills it), Underground Kings, HYFR are all good tracks.
dmize
dmize
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Catracho Tue Nov 08, 2011 10:59 pm

dmize wrote:Hipsters definitely don't listen to Tech N9ne Laughing

And ASAP Rocky got that deal for a few reasons; he's marketable, he reps both Houston and New York, and he's got potential having already made a few hits(Peso, Purple Swag). They can take his career in a number of different directions. That's why he got the money(although I think it was split between his solo and ASAP worldwide his group)

The Weeknd's another dude who would get a similar signing bonus if he signed with someone like Interscope or another label. He's turned down offers from them and Warners.

ASAP's pretty dope but I still would take a number of other new artists over him(Kendrick, KRIT, Cole, Meek, Wale)

Catracho wrote:

No.. only Harlem fvcks with Max B and Wavey Gang Slime. and speaking of Harlem.. ASAP is born and bred Harlem and reps Harlem to the grizzle, he's just very influenced by things that are associated with Houston Screwed and Chop scene. UGK, Big Hawk, DJ Screw, Pokey, Lil Keke, sippin Lean (Purple), Trill music like Paul Wall..yes Paul Will is/was a part of TRILL, Cars tippin, all of that.

The Weeknd is gonna go Indie.. I think most people can bank on that. He does a pretty good job without much promotion.

You named a bunch of artist who have already established themselves prior to their first deals. I give ASAP another year before you can mention him with those names.
Catracho
Catracho
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by dmize Tue Nov 08, 2011 11:12 pm

Catracho wrote:
dmize wrote:Hipsters definitely don't listen to Tech N9ne Laughing

Catracho wrote:

No.. only Harlem fvcks with Max B and Wavey Gang Slime.

As someone thats from NY, has fam/friends there and still lives in tri-state, I can safely say that's untrue. All of my friends back in NY do(Queens, New Roc) and most of my friends in CT as well.
dmize
dmize
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Catracho Wed Nov 09, 2011 3:19 am

I heard a lot of gay/bi dudes in CT love Max B... I can see why. dude had a flower bedazzler belt buckle with long hair smh.

but Max B is a strictly Harlem dude imo. If it aint Vado, French Montana, or Uncle Murda.. people don't ride with slime, 5.
Catracho
Catracho
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by dmize Wed Nov 09, 2011 4:30 am

Oh, really that's what you heard? Damn, what type of circle you running with, that that's your topic of conversation? Laughing Very Happy

and *dead* at this dude sayin 5 like it's 2008
dmize
dmize
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Catracho Wed Nov 09, 2011 7:57 am

chill B. I snuffed a Max B fan at Penn Station before who was from CT.. gawd was definitely playin for that otha team, ock.

Squares do not fit into my circle so you better shape-up. B.
Catracho
Catracho
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by dmize Wed Nov 09, 2011 8:10 am

Do you read your posts aloud and see how you sound, lmao.

Dude's over here with his late 90's/2000's NY slang notebook. You gunna bust out dun-dun next? SMH @ you switching your whole posting style up in the past 2 posts. Comedy.

And you never snuffed anyone, FOH you sound softer than Charmin.

dmize
dmize
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Ali Wed Nov 09, 2011 2:14 pm

On topic, Cold Corner 2 is dope as *bleep*

MAKE IT STACK :bow:
Ali
Ali
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Ali Wed Nov 09, 2011 2:15 pm

R.I.P Heavy D
Ali
Ali
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by izzy Wed Nov 09, 2011 4:10 pm

Catracho wrote:chill B. I snuffed a Max B fan at Penn Station before who was from CT.. gawd was definitely playin for that otha team, ock.

Squares do not fit into my circle so you better shape-up. B.

Uh huh........ Suspect
What the hell is this?

Anyway, Cold Corner 2 is da sh1t. Banks always producing those hits. :king:
izzy
izzy
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Nov 09, 2011 4:12 pm

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Nov 09, 2011 7:40 pm

Back to top Go down

Post by Catracho Wed Nov 09, 2011 7:49 pm

dmize wrote:Do you read your posts aloud and see how you sound, lmao.

Dude's over here with his late 90's/2000's NY slang notebook. You gunna bust out dun-dun next? SMH @ you switching your whole posting style up in the past 2 posts. Comedy.

And you never snuffed anyone, FOH you sound softer than Charmin.

lmao @ taking me serious.. this dude.

I'm actually mocking one of my NY friends from Harlem... unfortunately this is how he talks. S/O to Washington Heights tho oh and Flatbush too..always cop me a Spice Patty with Coconut Bread when I dip by Flatbush. Jamaican bodegas ftw.
Catracho
Catracho
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Catracho Wed Nov 09, 2011 7:49 pm

What do yall think of Childish Gambino's Camp?
Catracho
Catracho
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Chad Thu Nov 10, 2011 4:49 am

Really good remix of House of Pain.

Awesome Above the Law song with Makaveli. Thumbs up
Chad
Chad
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by adnyana179 Thu Nov 10, 2011 8:00 am

ali8775 wrote:On topic, Cold Corner 2 is dope as *bleep*

MAKE IT STACK :bow:
It's been on repeat since first listen. Easily one of the best mixtapes for 2011.
adnyana179
adnyana179
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Chad Thu Nov 10, 2011 8:25 am

Heavy D last tweet -BE INSPIRED!- R.I.P
Chad
Chad
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by adnyana179 Thu Nov 10, 2011 8:57 am

Lionel Messi wrote:

I've not followed Drake with the same interest since "So Far Gone", but it's a definite improvement on "Thank Me Later". I recall discussing with dmize just how terrible that album was (in retrospect, it was sure to happen). I still expected more of a recovery from him, but it's still a nice effort.
adnyana179
adnyana179
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by adnyana179 Thu Nov 10, 2011 8:59 am

Chad wrote:Heavy D last tweet -BE INSPIRED!- R.I.P

I do wonder how many knew him for more than a shoutout in "Juicy".
adnyana179
adnyana179
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 19 of 40 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 29 ... 40  Next