The TV Series Thread - Part 5

+19
rincon
The Demon of Carthage
Nishankly
Robespierre
elitedam
Warrior
Lucifer
Pedram
Blue
M99
El Gunner
Freeza
Hapless_Hans
Thimmy
McLewis
BarrileteCosmico
Myesyats
RealGunner
Firenze
23 posters

Page 4 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down

The TV Series Thread - Part 5 - Page 4 Empty Re: The TV Series Thread - Part 5

Post by Robespierre Sat Jan 23, 2021 12:07 am

@Warrior wrote:Lupin on Netflix is a good watch, i recommend, Not sure if the character of Arsène Lupin is known outside of the french world hmm it will bring back hype for the books. I have sympathy for projects that present reading as something "cool" imo it's important for childrens/teenagers to read

Tried the Queen's Gambit and could not watch beyond 10 minutes. Gave me a feeling it will be overdramatic. Personal problems, alcoholism, orphan... seems boring stuff


of course it is.

Grown up with Lupin  cartoon on tv ! Proud


Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Posts : 16599
Join date : 2013-11-22

Back to top Go down

The TV Series Thread - Part 5 - Page 4 Empty Re: The TV Series Thread - Part 5

Post by El Gunner Mon Feb 01, 2021 9:08 pm

does GL not have any The Deuce fans?
finished season 1, 8.5/10
really enjoyed it, you get the David Simon vibe with the rich storyworld and intriguing characters. Gotta say James Franco has come a long way, anyone that pulls off the double character/role in the same production has earned his peer's trust.
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Club Supported : Arsenal
Posts : 19325
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 24

Back to top Go down

The TV Series Thread - Part 5 - Page 4 Empty Re: The TV Series Thread - Part 5

Post by Robespierre Wed Feb 03, 2021 9:41 pm

After The Office I' m on Prime again  

I'm watching Mad Men now . I' m already on the half of  2nd season.

Well I guess it's spectacular series for photography level and  care of the image
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Inter Milan
Posts : 16599
Join date : 2013-11-22
Age : 31

Back to top Go down

The TV Series Thread - Part 5 - Page 4 Empty Re: The TV Series Thread - Part 5

Post by Robespierre Wed Feb 03, 2021 9:52 pm

@Robespierre wrote:After The Office I' m on Prime again  

I'm watching Mad Men now . I' m already on the half of  2nd season.

Well I guess it's spectacular series for photography level and  care of the image


https://goallegacy.forumotion.com/t42360p100-top-5-tv-series#2010416

@El Gunner and @M99 will agree on it

They were the only 2 GL posters to insert Mad Men in their Top 5
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Inter Milan
Posts : 16599
Join date : 2013-11-22
Age : 31

Back to top Go down

The TV Series Thread - Part 5 - Page 4 Empty Re: The TV Series Thread - Part 5

Post by Nishankly Wed Feb 03, 2021 11:45 pm

@Robespierre wrote:After The Office I' m on Prime again  

I'm watching Mad Men now . I' m already on the half of  2nd season.

Well I guess it's spectacular series for photography level and  care of the image


You like Pam u pos
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Club Supported : Lyon
Posts : 20355
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 27

Back to top Go down

The TV Series Thread - Part 5 - Page 4 Empty Re: The TV Series Thread - Part 5

Post by Robespierre Thu Feb 04, 2021 12:08 am

@Nishankly wrote:
@Robespierre wrote:After The Office I' m on Prime again  

I'm watching Mad Men now . I' m already on the half of  2nd season.

Well I guess it's spectacular series for photography level and  care of the image


You like Pam u pos


( but there is no one better than Annie Edison / Community)

anyway yep I 've appreciatedv Pam   but you know, just the other day  I  I receive among the " youtube video reccomended " the vid ' Why Do People Hate Pam Beesly? (The Office)
" .  I thought immediately to you Laughing

Well I  ignored really the exsistence of a  hatebase , I repeat weird,  for me it's been easy to feel empathy for her such as every The Office character. That' s what makes magic The Office for me . I loved the whole cast . The office is beyond a comedy for me , it's also sentiment, it's what I 'd define a show. Cast is special , I can't hate anyone there.
On purpose you had definied Dwight a slut but sarcastic no ?
He's an idol absolutely.
okay, I'm feeling again nostalgia for The Office Proud
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Inter Milan
Posts : 16599
Join date : 2013-11-22
Age : 31

Back to top Go down

The TV Series Thread - Part 5 - Page 4 Empty Re: The TV Series Thread - Part 5

Post by Nishankly Thu Feb 04, 2021 12:27 am

@Robespierre wrote:
@Nishankly wrote:
@Robespierre wrote:After The Office I' m on Prime again  

I'm watching Mad Men now . I' m already on the half of  2nd season.

Well I guess it's spectacular series for photography level and  care of the image


You like Pam u pos


( but there is no one better than Annie Edison / Community)

anyway yep I 've appreciatedv Pam   but you know, just the other day  I  I receive among the " youtube video reccomended " the vid ' Why Do People Hate Pam Beesly? (The Office)
" .  I thought immediately to you Laughing

Well I  ignored really the exsistence of a  hatebase , I repeat weird,  for me it's been easy to feel empathy for her such as every The Office character. That' s what makes magic The Office for me . I loved the whole cast . The office is beyond a comedy for me , it's also sentiment, it's what I 'd define a show. Cast is special , I can't hate anyone there.
On purpose you had definied Dwight a slut but sarcastic no ?
He's an idol absolutely.
okay, I'm feeling again nostalgia for The Office Proud


Yes you got that right, Dwight is the best!

Oh man Robes, I am all with you here. Allison Brie is the only reason I continued watching Community until like the 4th or 5th season. I will have to associate the paint ball episodes to remember where I left off.
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Club Supported : Lyon
Posts : 20355
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 27

Back to top Go down

The TV Series Thread - Part 5 - Page 4 Empty Re: The TV Series Thread - Part 5

Post by Robespierre Thu Feb 04, 2021 1:11 am

@Nishankly wrote:
@Robespierre wrote:
@Nishankly wrote:


You like Pam u pos


( but there is no one better than Annie Edison / Community)

anyway yep I 've appreciatedv Pam   but you know, just the other day  I  I receive among the " youtube video reccomended " the vid ' Why Do People Hate Pam Beesly? (The Office)
" .  I thought immediately to you Laughing

Well I  ignored really the exsistence of a  hatebase , I repeat weird,  for me it's been easy to feel empathy for her such as every The Office character. That' s what makes magic The Office for me . I loved the whole cast . The office is beyond a comedy for me , it's also sentiment, it's  what I 'd define a  show. Cast is special , I can't hate anyone there.
On purpose you had definied Dwight a slut but sarcastic no ?
He's an idol absolutely.
okay, I'm feeling again nostalgia for The Office Proud


Yes you got that right, Dwight is the best!

Oh man Robes, I am all with you here. Allison Brie is the only reason I continued watching Community until like the 4th or 5th season. I will have to associate the paint ball episodes to remember where I left off.


In  the beginning I was skeptikal about Community because I am this about comedy. I mean everyone liked Friends  but I didn't it. And I felt Community was similar to it.
But they were wrong impressions.
First 4 Community seasons are fantastic.
They , and everyone agrees on it, it declines in last 2 seasons and it's not case - I've read it 's has to do with screenwriter who goes away ( fired ) and he comes back late ... Shame , otherwise it could be even greater that it was. But enough for being a quality product.  yep Alison Brie is in her prime in this series and   it helps to continue till to the end Proud
I' ve heard good and reliable feedbacks also on another comedy called  Parks and Rec , no idea if you know it , I think I' ll watch shortly
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Inter Milan
Posts : 16599
Join date : 2013-11-22
Age : 31

Back to top Go down

The TV Series Thread - Part 5 - Page 4 Empty Re: The TV Series Thread - Part 5

Post by Nishankly Thu Feb 04, 2021 10:55 am

@Robespierre wrote:
@Nishankly wrote:
@Robespierre wrote:


( but there is no one better than Annie Edison / Community)

anyway yep I 've appreciatedv Pam   but you know, just the other day  I  I receive among the " youtube video reccomended " the vid ' Why Do People Hate Pam Beesly? (The Office)
" .  I thought immediately to you Laughing

Well I  ignored really the exsistence of a  hatebase , I repeat weird,  for me it's been easy to feel empathy for her such as every The Office character. That' s what makes magic The Office for me . I loved the whole cast . The office is beyond a comedy for me , it's also sentiment, it's  what I 'd define a  show. Cast is special , I can't hate anyone there.
On purpose you had definied Dwight a slut but sarcastic no ?
He's an idol absolutely.
okay, I'm feeling again nostalgia for The Office Proud


Yes you got that right, Dwight is the best!

Oh man Robes, I am all with you here. Allison Brie is the only reason I continued watching Community until like the 4th or 5th season. I will have to associate the paint ball episodes to remember where I left off.


In  the beginning I was skeptikal about Community because I am this about comedy. I mean everyone liked Friends  but I didn't it. And I felt Community was similar to it.
But they were wrong impressions.
First 4 Community seasons are fantastic.
They , and everyone agrees on it, it declines in last 2 seasons and it's not case - I've read it 's has to do with screenwriter who goes away ( fired ) and he comes back late ... Shame , otherwise it could be even greater that it was. But enough for being a quality product.  yep Alison Brie is in her prime in this series and   it helps to continue till to the end Proud
I' ve heard good and reliable feedbacks also on another comedy called  Parks and Rec , no idea if you know it , I think I' ll watch shortly


Everyone recommends it, I get more recommendations from girls for that show tbh. Apparently humor is quite similar to the Office US and people usually draw out comparisons between the two shows when they talk about Parks and Rec. It's not on Netflix or APrime here so its on my to do.
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Club Supported : Lyon
Posts : 20355
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 27

Back to top Go down

The TV Series Thread - Part 5 - Page 4 Empty Re: The TV Series Thread - Part 5

Post by El Gunner Thu Feb 04, 2021 10:40 pm

Raised by Wolves, 8.1/10

you can sense the Ridley Scott influence on this one too - great concepts and overall scope and aesthetic to keep you engaged, good character development for most characters, but sometimes the more important meat to the story is lacking in places. Don't be put off by episode 3 and 4, especially 4, which just feels like bland mid-season filler because right after that the season really picks up. Decent ending to the season too, leaves a lot more options open heading forward.
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Club Supported : Arsenal
Posts : 19325
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 24

Back to top Go down

The TV Series Thread - Part 5 - Page 4 Empty Re: The TV Series Thread - Part 5

Post by Hapless_Hans Fri Feb 05, 2021 1:37 am

@Robespierre wrote:
@Robespierre wrote:After The Office I' m on Prime again  

I'm watching Mad Men now . I' m already on the half of  2nd season.

Well I guess it's spectacular series for photography level and  care of the image


https://goallegacy.forumotion.com/t42360p100-top-5-tv-series#2010416

@El Gunner and @M99 will agree on it

They were the only 2 GL posters to insert Mad Men in their Top 5


https://goallegacy.forumotion.com/t42360p125-top-5-tv-series#2010508
:coffee:

Mad Men is great, and for me it is about depression, a whole society, culture, era steeped in depression, despite taking place in economic prosperity
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon
Posts : 33263
Join date : 2013-09-17

Back to top Go down

The TV Series Thread - Part 5 - Page 4 Empty Re: The TV Series Thread - Part 5

Post by El Gunner Fri Feb 05, 2021 7:36 pm

^^yeah for me specifically it's about having to form a guise of "brutal masculinity".. that alpha maleness.. as well as maintaining it, in order to succeed in that era and type of culture
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Club Supported : Arsenal
Posts : 19325
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 24

Back to top Go down

The TV Series Thread - Part 5 - Page 4 Empty Re: The TV Series Thread - Part 5

Post by Robespierre Sat Feb 06, 2021 12:35 am

@Hapless_Hans wrote:
@Robespierre wrote:
@Robespierre wrote:After The Office I' m on Prime again  

I'm watching Mad Men now . I' m already on the half of  2nd season.

Well I guess it's spectacular series for photography level and  care of the image


https://goallegacy.forumotion.com/t42360p100-top-5-tv-series#2010416

@El Gunner and @M99 will agree on it

They were the only 2 GL posters to insert Mad Men in their Top 5


https://goallegacy.forumotion.com/t42360p125-top-5-tv-series#2010508
:coffee:

Mad Men is great, and for me it is about depression, a whole society, culture, era steeped in depression, despite taking place in economic prosperity

I missed it.
Yeah, I'm already  on half of 3rd  season and it's fantastic, then I adore also the historical period , the 60s are a special era for me.
I love whenever  those historical references
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Inter Milan
Posts : 16599
Join date : 2013-11-22
Age : 31

Back to top Go down

The TV Series Thread - Part 5 - Page 4 Empty Re: The TV Series Thread - Part 5

Post by BarrileteCosmico Sat Feb 06, 2021 1:21 am

@El Gunner wrote:Raised by Wolves, 8.1/10

you can sense the Ridley Scott influence on this one too - great concepts and overall scope and aesthetic to keep you engaged, good character development for most characters, but sometimes the more important meat to the story is lacking in places. Don't be put off by episode 3 and 4, especially 4, which just feels like bland mid-season filler because right after that the season really picks up. Decent ending to the season too, leaves a lot more options open heading forward.
I thought the later episodes were weaker than the earlier ones, but otherwise mostly agreed. Has potential for sure
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona
Posts : 27098
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 31

Back to top Go down

The TV Series Thread - Part 5 - Page 4 Empty Re: The TV Series Thread - Part 5

Post by Warrior Sat Feb 06, 2021 1:25 am

The amount of TV series i could watch for the first time would make some of you jealous Laughing

Watched a few episodes of Fargo season 1 and i like it so far. Big fan of the film

Also waiting for the following episodes of Lupin
Warrior
Warrior
FORZA JUVE

Club Supported : Juventus
Posts : 7789
Join date : 2016-05-25

Back to top Go down

The TV Series Thread - Part 5 - Page 4 Empty Re: The TV Series Thread - Part 5

Post by BarrileteCosmico Sat Feb 06, 2021 2:08 am

I watched the first 3 episodes of lupin and it's... Ok? Fun show but nothing special. Lead is charismatic af though
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona
Posts : 27098
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 31

Back to top Go down

The TV Series Thread - Part 5 - Page 4 Empty Re: The TV Series Thread - Part 5

Post by Warrior Sat Feb 06, 2021 3:25 am

Yes it's a fun show, nothing too serious. Perhaps the target audience was teenagers.

The storyline is well crafted and evolves at appropriate pace imo. It gets a bit darker in the end.
Warrior
Warrior
FORZA JUVE

Club Supported : Juventus
Posts : 7789
Join date : 2016-05-25

Back to top Go down

The TV Series Thread - Part 5 - Page 4 Empty Re: The TV Series Thread - Part 5

Post by Robespierre Sun Feb 07, 2021 11:57 am

@Warrior wrote:The amount of TV series i could watch for the first time would make some of you jealous Laughing

Watched a few episodes of Fargo season 1 and i like it so far. Big fan of the film

Also waiting for the following episodes of Lupin


 Fargo 1 is a very nice short series ,  great photography ,  icy and desolate  environments , continously buried by snow
I apppreciated it. Not watched the others Fargo
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Inter Milan
Posts : 16599
Join date : 2013-11-22
Age : 31

Back to top Go down

The TV Series Thread - Part 5 - Page 4 Empty Re: The TV Series Thread - Part 5

Post by The Demon of Carthage Sun Feb 07, 2021 12:10 pm

I agree, Fargo season 1 is fire. Definitely, one of the best of the decade.

I only watched episode 1 of season 2, but I didn't like it so I stopped. I was afraid it would ruin it for me.

Same thing happened to me with True Detective by the way. I loved season 1, but I was very disappointed with the first episode of season 2 so I stopped.
The Demon of Carthage
The Demon of Carthage
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 6115
Join date : 2015-01-25

Back to top Go down

The TV Series Thread - Part 5 - Page 4 Empty Re: The TV Series Thread - Part 5

Post by Hapless_Hans Sun Feb 07, 2021 12:14 pm

@Robespierre wrote:
@Warrior wrote:The amount of TV series i could watch for the first time would make some of you jealous Laughing

Watched a few episodes of Fargo season 1 and i like it so far. Big fan of the film

Also waiting for the following episodes of Lupin


 Fargo 1 is a very nice short series ,  great photography ,  icy and desolate  environments , continously buried by snow
I apppreciated it. Not watched the others Fargo


Same here, I started watching s02 but somehow didn't continue.
My brother greatly recommends season 3 though, and he's hard to please usually. I might just skip s02 and go straight to 3 for that, but I'm a bit anal about not watching things in order and completely (even though being an anthology series it really doesn't matter lol)

being a big fan of the film, too (saw it in the cinema back then in a very formative time of my life,after all) I was a bit wary about the series, and I found the concept strange of telling stories "in the spirit" of the film, but I must say it's better than if they remade the film story into a series.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon
Posts : 33263
Join date : 2013-09-17

Back to top Go down

The TV Series Thread - Part 5 - Page 4 Empty Re: The TV Series Thread - Part 5

Post by Robespierre Sun Feb 07, 2021 12:37 pm

@The Demon of Carthage wrote:I agree, Fargo season 1 is fire. Definitely, one of the best of the decade.

I only watched episode 1 of season 2, but I didn't like it so I stopped. I was afraid it would ruin it for me.

Same thing happened to me with True Detective by the way. I loved season 1, but I was very disappointed with the first episode of season 2 so I stopped.


Lol same for me !

I had watched season 1 last August, after I ended I had thought to begin immediately the 2nd one ...
But I didn't like the first episode, bad impressions , and I changed series.
Conversely I 've watched alll the three True Detective, 1 , 2 , and 3, I understand what you mean about TD2.
It's very distant from TD1,  and  initial shock can turn away to follow it.
Indeed I learned to appreciate over time.  Legit series for me.
And for example, TD3 is similar to TD1 as setting.
After criticism received for TD2, Pizzolato goes back to his established schemes, he's comparable to those football managers who return to old game plan for outweighting some criticism , but stuff doesn't come out likewise.
It's as if True Detective 3 is continuation of True Detective 1 ( so you  can like it, you have to expect a closest similar to the 1 than to the 2) and TD2 is just an error, a bug, a bracket to be deleted.
But I am not a fan of this way of doing. I appreciated TD2 because he tried to make something differently rather than trying to replicate same stuff with different characters
My unpopolar opinion (? ): Pizzolatto is one season wonder
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Inter Milan
Posts : 16599
Join date : 2013-11-22
Age : 31

Back to top Go down

The TV Series Thread - Part 5 - Page 4 Empty Re: The TV Series Thread - Part 5

Post by Robespierre Sun Feb 07, 2021 12:39 pm

@Hapless_Hans wrote:
@Robespierre wrote:
@Warrior wrote:The amount of TV series i could watch for the first time would make some of you jealous Laughing

Watched a few episodes of Fargo season 1 and i like it so far. Big fan of the film

Also waiting for the following episodes of Lupin


 Fargo 1 is a very nice short series ,  great photography ,  icy and desolate  environments , continously buried by snow
I apppreciated it. Not watched the others Fargo


Same here, I started watching s02 but somehow didn't continue.
My brother greatly recommends season 3 though, and he's hard to please usually. I might just skip s02 and go straight to 3 for that, but I'm a bit anal about not watching things in order and completely (even though being an anthology series it really doesn't matter lol)

being a big fan of the film, too (saw it in the cinema back then in a very formative time of my life,after all) I was a bit wary about the series, and I found the concept strange of telling stories "in the spirit" of the film, but I must say it's better than if they remade the film story into a series.


Conversely my sister rates Fargo 2 higher than Fargo 3, so who knows

Who've watched all Fargo here ( so also the 4 ), how 'd rank them ?
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Inter Milan
Posts : 16599
Join date : 2013-11-22
Age : 31

Back to top Go down

The TV Series Thread - Part 5 - Page 4 Empty Re: The TV Series Thread - Part 5

Post by M99 Sun Feb 07, 2021 1:11 pm

Fargo season 2 is incredible. Its as good as 1 and definitely better than 3. Have yet to watch 4.
M99
M99
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : AC Milan
Posts : 29988
Join date : 2011-06-06
Age : 98

Back to top Go down

The TV Series Thread - Part 5 - Page 4 Empty Re: The TV Series Thread - Part 5

Post by Warrior Sun Feb 07, 2021 8:57 pm

@Robespierre wrote:
@Warrior wrote:The amount of TV series i could watch for the first time would make some of you jealous Laughing

Watched a few episodes of Fargo season 1 and i like it so far. Big fan of the film

Also waiting for the following episodes of Lupin


 Fargo 1 is a very nice short series ,  great photography ,  icy and desolate  environments , continously buried by snow
I apppreciated it. Not watched the others Fargo

We have a country house 2 hours away from home

Went there today, it gives a Fargo vibe

The TV Series Thread - Part 5 - Page 4 97187510
The TV Series Thread - Part 5 - Page 4 F4902710
The TV Series Thread - Part 5 - Page 4 C3cc6e10
Warrior
Warrior
FORZA JUVE

Club Supported : Juventus
Posts : 7789
Join date : 2016-05-25

Back to top Go down

The TV Series Thread - Part 5 - Page 4 Empty Re: The TV Series Thread - Part 5

Post by El Gunner Sun Feb 07, 2021 9:39 pm

Fargo S2 is GOATED. Allround better talented actors and just more whacky good. While S1 is raised to a very good level mainly by Billy Bob Thornton
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Club Supported : Arsenal
Posts : 19325
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 24

Back to top Go down

The TV Series Thread - Part 5 - Page 4 Empty Re: The TV Series Thread - Part 5

Post by Myesyats Sun Feb 07, 2021 10:55 pm

Every season of Fargo is GOAT. don't skip anything

Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : PSG
Posts : 15288
Join date : 2015-05-03
Age : 22

Back to top Go down

The TV Series Thread - Part 5 - Page 4 Empty Re: The TV Series Thread - Part 5

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum