2020/21 Premier League Discussion

Page 35 of 40 Previous  1 ... 19 ... 34, 35, 36 ... 40  Next

Go down

2020/21 Premier League Discussion - Page 35 Empty Re: 2020/21 Premier League Discussion

Post by Hapless_Hans Wed May 12, 2021 7:02 pm

If Saka 'carried Arsenal', he's obviously not very strong

9th place Laughing

As @M99 said, gtfo with Saka

starter in the team of the season, delusional

Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

2020/21 Premier League Discussion - Page 35 Empty Re: 2020/21 Premier League Discussion

Post by Hapless_Hans Wed May 12, 2021 7:04 pm

also, the underrating of Mount is becoming pathological

did he at some point tweet that he hates Cruyff or why are the nerds so dismissive of him?
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Wed May 12, 2021 7:23 pm

Chelsea: Arrizabalaga, Azpilicueta, Thiago Silva, Zouma, James, Gilmour, Jorginho, Chilwell, Mount, Pulisic, Havertz.
Subs: Alonso, Werner, Mendy, Giroud, Hudson-Odoi, Ziyech, Emerson Palmieri, Anjorin, Livramento.

Arsenal: Leno, Holding, Gabriel, Pablo Mari, Tierney, Thomas, Elneny, Saka, Odegaard, Smith-Rowe, Aubameyang.
Subs: Bellerin, Ceballos, Lacazette, Willian, Cedric, Pepe, Chambers, Ryan, Martinelli.

Referee: Andre Marriner (West Midlands).
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Wed May 12, 2021 8:14 pm

Kelly Cates, such a melodic voice
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Wed May 12, 2021 8:33 pm

JORGINNNHOOOOOO

SMITH ROOOOOWEEE
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Wed May 12, 2021 8:54 pm

lol Saka or Sucka, just saw his defending there at the edge of the box. I would never have him in any football time for that alone.

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Wed May 12, 2021 8:57 pm

lmao that might be one of the most undeserved HT leads I can remember

Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Wed May 12, 2021 9:05 pm

@Helmer wrote:lol Saka or Sucka, just saw his defending there at the edge of the box. I would never have him in any football time for that alone.

that would make you the Sucka then lol
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Wed May 12, 2021 9:32 pm

@Hapless_Hans wrote:also, the underrating of Mount is becoming pathological

did he at some point tweet that he hates Cruyff or why are the nerds so dismissive of him?

Mason Mount is a really, really good young player.
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Wed May 12, 2021 10:19 pm

i've been his biggest supporter on here.
Chelsea's best offensive player
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Wed May 12, 2021 10:21 pm

Saka was bad tonight, ngl.

Doesn't matter though because Arsenal still pulled off a mid-table smash-and-grab to perfection.

Didn't create one good chance the whole night but still managed to score. rofl

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Wed May 12, 2021 10:29 pm

yea, Saka's been gassed for the past month or two because of all the early season carrying he had done.
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Wed May 12, 2021 11:12 pm

@Jay29 wrote:Saka was bad tonight, ngl.

Doesn't matter though because Arsenal still pulled off a mid-table smash-and-grab to perfection.

Didn't create one good chance the whole night but still managed to score. rofl

Would love to know Arsenal's xG value for the game Laughing .. 0.05?
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Wed May 12, 2021 11:53 pm

0.69 according to Understat. 0.55 of that was Smith Rowe's goal. Laughing

So one fantastic chance... coming from a Chelsea mistake, rather than Arsenal's own play.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Casciavit Thu May 13, 2021 2:02 am

The nerds like Mount. It's actually baller FC who don't like him because he is not as flashy as Grealish and Foden are. He also had a rep for being a teachers pet under Lampard because he was starting ahead of Chelsea's other big money signings when his name doesn't look as good on paper.

He kind of reminds me of a better version of Lingard. Clever academy midfielder who starts big games because of their workrate and efficiency over the big names.

I expect casuals to be complaining if he starts over Foden/Grealish/Sancho/Sterling in the Euros lol.

That being said I don't think he deserves to be in the PL TOTS ahead of Gundogan or Bruno, but I'd at the very least have him on the bench.
Casciavit
Casciavit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Thu May 13, 2021 8:29 am

@Casciavit wrote:

The nerds like Mount. It's actually baller FC who don't like him because he is not as flashy as Grealish and Foden are. He also had a rep for being a teachers pet under Lampard because he was starting ahead of Chelsea's other big money signings when his name doesn't look as good on paper.

He kind of reminds me of a better version of Lingard. Clever academy midfielder who starts big games because of their workrate and efficiency over the big names.

I expect casuals to be complaining if he starts over Foden/Grealish/Sancho/Sterling in the Euros lol.

That being said I don't think he deserves to be in the PL TOTS ahead of Gundogan or Bruno, but I'd at the very least have him on the bench.

And there it is.. workrate and 'efficiency' Laughing

Is that also why Pedri is starting at Barca?
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Thu May 13, 2021 8:40 am

Mount's not as creative as Foden or Grealish (not as cute on the ball, or as strong a dribbler), but I believe he has bigger potential as a goalscorer.

There's room for all three in the England team. For example:

Rice/Henderson

Mount Foden

Sancho Kane Grealish

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Thu May 13, 2021 12:12 pm

@Casciavit wrote:

wait... pls make a list of who falls under "nerd FC" and who's "baller FC" on this forum?
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Casciavit Thu May 13, 2021 3:13 pm

@Hapless_Hans wrote:
@Casciavit wrote:

And there it is.. workrate and 'efficiency' Laughing

Is that also why Pedri is starting at Barca?

That's a big reason why the coaching staff trust them so much. They aren't lazy so you can rely on them to put in a shift consistently each match.

They're also sensible on the ball. They make smart decisions even if they aren't as flashy. Barca fans have a similar debate going on with Puig vs Pedri.

Thing is though I don't even think Mount is ugly to watch. He's quite nifty, can carry the ball, and has a nice turn on him. He just isn't as flashy as his other English counterparts coming up so when he starts ahead of them there seems to be a backlash surrounding it even if he is the better player.
Casciavit
Casciavit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Casciavit Thu May 13, 2021 3:15 pm

@El Gunner wrote:
@Casciavit wrote:

wait... pls make a list of who falls under "nerd FC" and who's "baller FC" on this forum?

I wasn't really thinking about GL when I was saying that but more so outside GL. Nerds love to bring up Mount's advanced stats and write tactical blogs on his role lol. The fans who prefer aesthetics and flashy players over him are those who I've noticed don't like him.
Casciavit
Casciavit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Thu May 13, 2021 3:16 pm

Can someone tell me why the hell Man U are playing again today?

They've gone Sunday-Tuesday-Thursday, ALL of them EPL games.

I don't give a shit, I'm just confused. I think they were behind on games played, but this seems like they're going off the deep end
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Thu May 13, 2021 3:35 pm

i'd like to think most of us here are a fine amalgamation of nerd FC and Baller FC
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Katy Perry Thu May 13, 2021 3:42 pm

Mount was admittedly a bit overrated last season when he would always start or get called for the NT even when off form or when playing on the wing with much better wingers on the bench, and Lampard would justify that decision crediting his hard work and workrate and work ethic etc.

But that overrated and workhorse tag of his has carried on into this season even though he's improved a lot in all facets of his game and has become Chelsea's best offensive player and most likely the POTY (Kante missed out on a lot of games), making him underrated instead.

In reality his workrate is "just" a plus of his game. His G+A might be low, but he's still Chelsea's leading player in stats like chances created, key passes, ball progressions in the final 3rd, expected assists. Not really advanced nerds stats as they're the stats that get regularly brought in the broadcast of the games. While at the same time constantly dropping deep and moving between the lines to fluidly switch between a 3-4-2-1 and a 3-5-2/3-4-1-2, which really enables Chelsea to unlock a new dimension to their attack.

It's just an amazing plus that he does all of those things despite leading Chelsea's line of offensive pressing and despite being the constant helper of the 2 DMs or the wingback whose side he's on when Chelsea is back in their own half. He is what Oscar was supposed to be.
Katy Perry
Katy Perry
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Thu May 13, 2021 3:55 pm

that comparison to Oscar's promise/potential is a good comparison actually
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Thu May 13, 2021 4:03 pm

Flop/Most Disappointing XI

Kepa
Trent-Holding-Dier-Telles
Ceballos-Torres-Van De Beek
Mane-Firmino-Sterling
M99
M99
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Thu May 13, 2021 4:10 pm

@M99 wrote:Flop/Most Disappointing XI

Kepa
Trent-Holding-Dier-Telles
Ceballos-Torres-Van De Beek
Mane-Firmino-Sterling

Doherty is lucky Trent fell off a cliff, because he has been horrible.

Id also put Willian, who only scored his first goal the other day. Mitrovic was also supposed to help Fulham avoid the drop, he's been pretty much useless.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 35 of 40 Previous  1 ... 19 ... 34, 35, 36 ... 40  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum