BarrileteCosmico
McLewis
32 posters

Page 4 of 22 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 13 ... 22  Next

Go down

The US Politics Thread - Page 4 Empty Re: The US Politics Thread

Post by Young Kaz Fri Feb 05, 2021 4:18 am

Hapless_Hans wrote:
Young Kaz wrote:and Also I must reiterate(for Hans Very Happy ) I make WELL over the income limit so I am not getting anything nor did I plan on getting anything.

Can you send me some? I'm kind of poor. (Trying to win the lottery but it's a long shot). PayPal maybe? That would be awesome Thumbs up

But then I remember, you US guys have all kind of mortgages, credit card debt, student loans to pay back, I mean I'm sure you've bought a house or some nonsense, so you need to earn WELL above to keep above and so I guess never mind

Yeah, well. Thats life.

And no I didnt buy a house.

Young Kaz
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Fri Feb 05, 2021 10:11 am

elitedam wrote:What did AOC supposedly lie about?

Is it the thing that Myesyats posted?

pathetic hypocrites \\ rofl
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Fri Feb 05, 2021 11:13 am

Lex wrote:
Young Kaz wrote:]Im a democrat and will remain one and vote against republicans out of spite
That's what they're banking on Laughing Laughing Laughing And then you wonder why nothing ever changes lol

Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Fri Feb 05, 2021 1:40 pm

And yet only 11 Republicans voted to strip Marjorie Taylor Greene of her House Committee assignments. 11.

She helped incite a riot, she stalked and harrassed a school shooting survivor. She openly threatened not only the Speaker, but a fellow member of Congress. She fucking thinks wealthy Jews are using space lasers to cause wildfires in California. 199 Republicans decided all of that was A-OK.

And all that's happened, is that she won't get to sit on committees. That's it. That is a hollow victory. Not a total one. She should be out on her ass, but this vote shows that is very unlikely to happen.

And yet some folks truly believed (and still believe, for some reason) that there was/is a chance for "unity" and "healing" with these people. How do you unite with someone who won't hold their own accountable for the shit they say and do and want to do?

And I'm the radical? I'm the crazy, tribalized one? This is exactly why I've chosen this particular path.

There was never going to be unity. It was foolish and naïve to think there ever could be with these morons.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Fri Feb 05, 2021 2:37 pm

Once McConnell impeached Trump and Trump can no longer run for president again or threaten to split off the party, I wonder how many of these will continue to support him.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Mon Feb 15, 2021 1:39 pm

BarrileteCosmico wrote:Once McConnell impeached Trump and Trump can no longer run for president again or threaten to split off the party, I wonder how many of these will continue to support him.

7 senate republicans voted to impeach out of 50.

mcCONnell said Trump is guilty but voted to acquit. Perhaps he'd vote to convict if they had the votes and his was the deciding one but still, he represents everything that's wrong with the human race.

So what now? Hopefully trump goes on to be criminally prosecuted in GA and NY but Dems should stop being pussy whipped and act on their power to get rid of gerrymandering etc.
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Mon Feb 15, 2021 1:54 pm

Great result for dems. Good chances the GOP splits for 2024.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Mon Feb 15, 2021 4:08 pm

I mean the acquittal wasn't a surprise to pretty much anyone on both sides.

The whole thing was a farce though the Impeachment Managers from the House did what they could.

And now Trump's lawyers are moaning about receiving death threats. I have little sympathy for them. They wanted the spotlight. This is what that looks like when you ally with Trump.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Tue Feb 16, 2021 12:20 pm

There is certainly a good number of republicans who will not vote for Trump after January 6.

There are very many who still will.

If Trump runs, he'll get the nomination and my guess is that most Republicans will forget about January 6th and vote for him again. I'm unsure there will be any split to speak of.

But it's a long way out, a lot could happen between now and then. It's best that he is not able to run again, for the sake of the country and for the sake of what could happen if he gets a second term, having not been held accountable to his oath of office
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Tue Feb 16, 2021 1:56 pm

I don't think Trump has the organization and attention span to start his own party actually and even if he does its sole purpose will be to suck donations out of MAGAidiots without nominating any candidate in the end anyway.

Meanwhile there is rumors surrounding several senior Republicans aiming to start a separate party which would completely distance itself from Trumpism.

Shortly after Nixon republicans were still high on him but it wore off with time as it will with Don the Con.
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Tue Feb 16, 2021 6:04 pm

I think there is little chance of a 3rd party. This is republican fractured party and theirs to deal with! What I believe is a total misunderstanding of what are Republicans true values, what really is Trumpism and more importantly is who, at this point of time are part of Trump’s base. For sure, all of the white supremacy groups and near Nazi groups. But beyond that group, there will be a lot fewer than the 70 million votes. I think the Republicans will be in for a rude awakening in 2022. Maybe after that, they might try to get away from Trumpism.

I say what Americans should be hoping for is for Biden to follow thru with his agenda! The more he accomplishes in next 2 years, the better hope for a more solid majority in 2023/24.
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Wed Feb 17, 2021 2:15 am

Well the $15/hr minimum wage already looks dead on arrival. The Green New Deal looks just as far away as well. He couldn't even get people $2000 checks without using Trump's paltry $600 as a so-called "down payment".

Seems to me like Biden is reverting to type: He used the progressive platforms to win over enough votes from the left to beat Trump and is now welching on them in order to move back into the center.

None of this surprises me. It's what I've come to expect from the much exalted "middle".
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Wed Feb 17, 2021 3:04 am

Rep. Adam Kinzinger has released a letter he alleges was sent to him by nearly a dozen family members shunning him over his vote to impeach former President Donald Trump for the second time.

https://nypost.com/2021/02/16/kinzinger-claims-family-shunned-him-for-trump-impeachment-vote/

“Oh my, what a disappointment you are to us and to God! We were once so proud of your accomplishments! Instead, you go against your Christian principals [sic] and join the ‘devil’s army,'” Otto wrote at the start of the correspondence, which was signed by 10 other relatives.

cant believe this shit for real rofl
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Wed Feb 17, 2021 5:16 pm

That's what Trumpism has done to the GOP. I doubt Kinzinger would even be in office if not for Trumpism and it's important to remember that he was all in for that when campaigning for the seat he eventually won. Now it's biting him in the ass because it took 5 people dying for him to grow a conscience.

I have no sympathy for any of the Republicans taking these "principled" stands that are now getting shtick from the crazies to their right. They don't get points for doing what they should've done from the beginning.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Wed Feb 17, 2021 8:54 pm

well well well

Rush Limbaugh has died

Good stuff
Now rot in hell you piece of shit
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Wed Feb 17, 2021 8:57 pm

Great news.

Couldn’t have happened to a worse dude
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Thu Feb 18, 2021 6:40 pm

McLewis wrote:Well the $15/hr minimum wage already looks dead on arrival. The Green New Deal looks just as far away as well. He couldn't even get people $2000 checks without using Trump's paltry $600 as a so-called "down payment".

Seems to me like Biden is reverting to type: He used the progressive platforms to win over enough votes from the left to beat Trump and is now welching on them in order to move back into the center.

None of this surprises me. It's what I've come to expect from the much exalted "middle".

Never thought the green new deal had a chance, but the other 2 surprise me. If they're not passing this with any GOP votes what's the hold up?
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Thu Feb 18, 2021 7:12 pm

Scenes when texans freeze to death to own the libs while Cruz goes on vacation. I have no idea how republicans got this reputation of being the party of the working class, they do absolutely nothing for the community.
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Fri Feb 19, 2021 2:55 pm

This type of optical ignorance is bipartisan. CA Governor Gavin Newsom is facing a recall largely because of his handling of COVID, but also because he flaunted his own COVID rules and hosted parties. Quite a few Democrats were caught doing this as well. The hypocrisy knows no political affiliation. It's pure, unadulterated hubris and arrogance. And there's also a level of complicity from national media as well.

I continue to see it from Centrists and Conservatives. Oddly enough....not Progressives.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Fri Feb 19, 2021 4:19 pm

I guess so but the notion that one of the parties is dedicated to the working people and the other is not is totally misguided and can be verified within a 10 minute research yet people believe red is this and blue is that like these are sports teams. The GOP hijacked this slogan somehow similarly to being the "christian party" whereas their candidate is total scum and his opponent is the actual christian man and churchgoer.

edit: I guess the fact is that conservatives are against progress and modernization whereas their voters are afraid robots will replace them in the workplace and they play into each others fears.
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Sun Feb 21, 2021 5:45 pm

This entire thread is a smorgasbord of disappointment from people I didn't expect it from.
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Valencia

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Thu Feb 25, 2021 10:01 pm

Interesting article on a way forward for the min wage debate:

https://noahpinion.substack.com/p/why-not-tie-minimum-wage-to-local
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by VivaStPauli Sat Feb 27, 2021 10:50 am

BarrileteCosmico wrote:Interesting article on a way forward for the min wage debate:

https://noahpinion.substack.com/p/why-not-tie-minimum-wage-to-local

Great idea imho, rents are the main indicator of cost of living in many places, same for much of Europe.
VivaStPauli
VivaStPauli
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC St. Pauli

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Sun Feb 28, 2021 10:01 pm

Syria was bombed quicker than you got your Corvid relief checks smh

Subhanallah
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by VivaStPauli Tue Mar 02, 2021 9:46 am

Can't let those poor bombmakers go broke son
VivaStPauli
VivaStPauli
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC St. Pauli

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Tue Mar 02, 2021 10:50 am

Myesyats wrote:Syria was bombed quicker than you got your Corvid relief checks smh

Subhanallah

"anything but Trump" 🤡
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 22 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 13 ... 22  Next