futbol_bill
Thimmy
titosantill
halamadrid2
The Demon of Carthage
9 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

La Liga Matchday 18 | Osasuna vs Real Madrid - Page 2 Empty Re: La Liga Matchday 18 | Osasuna vs Real Madrid

Post by halamadrid2 Tue Jan 12, 2021 12:47 pm

Perez is adamant about the wage hierarchy I'll give him that. He doesn't treat players differently to eachother. He will have a wage bracket where he thinks you fit in and if you want to move to the next wage bracket and he doesnt want you to he'll show you the door. Had no problem showing the best player in history the door when his demands where too high or our current captain. ADM was just one of the many players that have gotten the sharp end of the stick during contract negotiations

Regarding the who said what between Perez and ADM. The only facts are that ADM was promised a wage increase, the club offered him one. How much he demanded/was promised/was offered is i am afraid just heresay. Though the fact that he namedropped Ramos and Ramos never moved to dispel the comments tells me to believe his version of events

This is most probably a case of the club lowballing him into a Castilla level contract when he signed with a promise of a wage increase depending on his performances. The club probably offered to move him up to Lucas' bracket when he found out how much players on his level where making and he wanted the same as them only for Perez to think he was greedy for not accepting the breadcrumbs the club was offering him. Very reasonable request, but here there should have been a compromise but Perez sold him and bought James instead and we all know how that experiment turned out.

In the end both the club and ADM moved on and nobody i think has really regretted the decisions made. The club won multiple CLs and ADM is the best player in his team tha5 he helped take to the CL final while winning multiple league titles and hitting paid what he thinks he deserves. But you can't help but think "what if" how many CLs could we've won if he stayed. This is similar to Barca losing Neymar imo

halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

La Liga Matchday 18 | Osasuna vs Real Madrid - Page 2 Empty Re: La Liga Matchday 18 | Osasuna vs Real Madrid

Post by Mr Nick09 Tue Jan 12, 2021 1:15 pm

Something I noticed in football that players do a lot... their agents speak to the club on their behalf and make all kinds of threats/demands during contracts talks, then the player himself speaks and says « I have not said that to the club »... so yes, the player may not have said anything directly but his agent did, but then he gets to deny everything as if it wasn’t coming from him...

Remember how Ozil’s dad messed up his contract talks with Madrid and he left. Look at the way Pogba’s agent talk about Man United, and then Pogba himself. Players do this all the time, they let someone speak for them and then when it goes wrong they start denying they ever did something wrong.

So personally I do not believe Di Maria for a minute...my 2 cents

As for Ramos, since he last asked to go to China for free and tried to twist his arm via the medias with his brother Renee for a bigger contract, I put nothing past them when it comes to contract talk. Actually I am not reading anything about this topic, I ignore it all. I no longer have any time to give to their charades.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Tue Jan 12, 2021 3:13 pm

Ramos' contract negotiations always follows the same cycle

Ramos wants a raise ----> Perez disagrees ----> Rene leaks transfer rumours in the media----> the club does the same ----> Perez and Ramos' relationship goes to shit ----> the fans suffer ----> Perez gives Ramos a take it or leave it deal ----> Ramos tries to call his bluff -----> Perez is dead serious -----> all sorts of negative articles are released about Perez being unreasonable -----> Perez does what he never does i.e. he speaks publicly about Ramos and Rene' tactics ----> Ramos gives in and takes what he is offered

We are still very early in to his contract negotiation. There is plenty more suffering left for us fans before either party gives in
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by The Demon of Carthage Tue Jan 12, 2021 3:54 pm

I don't think Ramos is bluffing this time though. He knows this is his last big contract and if he can't get here he'll try to get it somewhere else.

I rate him so high and I think he's irreplaceable, but if he's making unreasonable demands then I'll support the club to let him go.
The Demon of Carthage
The Demon of Carthage
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Tue Jan 12, 2021 5:09 pm

The fact that Ramos has not started negotiating with other teams gives me hope they'll find a compromise

We really don't know what the hold up is. Some say the cluh is offering him a one year extension with option to extend the deal yearly. Some say the club is offering him a two/three year deal on reduced wages in the second and third year, some say Ramos wants to extend his contract for three more years with his current wages which the club is refusing.

I really don't know what to believe, but i believe these may be small details that both sides can compromise and come to an agreement on.

This is not like Ronaldos ridiculous demand. This is more reasonable
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by The Demon of Carthage Tue Jan 12, 2021 6:22 pm

You're right about not knowing what to believe, we simply don't know what's really happening and most of what the media prints is often BS.

But you can rest assured that Ramos have been in contact with other clubs through his agent. Even if he's not serious about moving, he would still want concrete offers to have leverage over Madrid at the negotiation table.
The Demon of Carthage
The Demon of Carthage
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Tue Jan 12, 2021 6:30 pm

The Demon of Carthage wrote:I don't think Ramos is bluffing this time though. He knows this is his last big contract and if he can't get here he'll try to get it somewhere else.

I rate him so high and I think he's irreplaceable, but if he's making unreasonable demands then I'll support the club to let him go.

If another club pays them, they are not unreasonable demands from his perspective, just ones that might be unreasonable from Real's perspective
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by The Demon of Carthage Tue Jan 12, 2021 6:52 pm

Unreasonable means that what you're bringing in from your image rights and shirt sales isn't enough for the club to both recoup the salary you're asking from them and make a small profit.

I'm sure there are at least three clubs out there who can easily offer him more than Madrid though, and I wouldn't hold it against him if he decided to go somewhere else. I just don't want Madrid to break their wage structure for him, which I'm pretty sure they won't.
The Demon of Carthage
The Demon of Carthage
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Tue Jan 12, 2021 7:43 pm

Relax, Ramos isn’t going anywhere!
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2