We need a rewind - Page 2 Empty Re: We need a rewind

Post by Nishankly Mon Nov 30, 2020 10:13 pm

Scrap this fucking shite.

Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Mon Nov 30, 2020 10:16 pm

They have actually managed to make this sport into Microsoft Paint and Trigonometry, you can't even celebrate anything.
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Mon Nov 30, 2020 10:55 pm

Should have been introduced long ago and by now all refs should of been retrained to make the most out of the system.

I don't get the hate, overall VAR made me feel more certain that come the final whistle my team will not have been robbed right in front my big, blue eyes.

Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Perucho21 Mon Nov 30, 2020 11:54 pm

VAR's life matters
Perucho21
Perucho21
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Tue Dec 01, 2020 7:16 am

Myesyats wrote:Should have been introduced long ago and by now all refs should of been retrained to make the most out of the system.

I don't get the hate, overall VAR made me feel more certain that come the final whistle my team will not have been robbed right in front my big, blue eyes.

Funny when De Bruyne, Henderson, Martinez disagree have a problem with it. The players themselves don't know the sport they are playing.
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Spencer Tue Dec 01, 2020 4:32 pm

The rules need to be changed to allow for leeway.

The rules for giving penalties should also change (There should be a smaller penalty giving area inside the box).
Lord Spencer
Lord Spencer
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Wed Dec 02, 2020 3:56 am

El Gunner wrote:
Luca wrote:VAR is the way forward

It’s time for these backwards refs to utilize the technology rather than cling to their own ego

Offside is offside

The real tragedy is the handball rule and the way it’s applied. So many stupid penalties this way

If it’s inconsistent it’s because it’s applied inconsistently. The fix is not to completely step backwards but learn as we go

agreed offside is offside, but i wouldn't mind the rule that Arsene Wenger suggested a while back

pretty much agree with you entirely, the refs need to put their egos aside and come to more stricter rules that form as the basis. I think we're just living in the moment and forgetting many of the atrocious decisions that went by unscrutinized all the years pre-VAR. The biggest issue atm is the inconsistency in the decisions. Some very lame and soft tackles being called as fouls, it's still a contact sport, dammit

The Fiorentina - Bayern match could have really really really really done with VAR's intervention back in the stone ages of 2010 (I think).
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Wed Dec 02, 2020 8:07 am

Doc wrote:
El Gunner wrote:
Luca wrote:VAR is the way forward

It’s time for these backwards refs to utilize the technology rather than cling to their own ego

Offside is offside

The real tragedy is the handball rule and the way it’s applied. So many stupid penalties this way

If it’s inconsistent it’s because it’s applied inconsistently. The fix is not to completely step backwards but learn as we go

agreed offside is offside, but i wouldn't mind the rule that Arsene Wenger suggested a while back

pretty much agree with you entirely, the refs need to put their egos aside and come to more stricter rules that form as the basis. I think we're just living in the moment and forgetting many of the atrocious decisions that went by unscrutinized all the years pre-VAR. The biggest issue atm is the inconsistency in the decisions. Some very lame and soft tackles being called as fouls, it's still a contact sport, dammit

The Fiorentina - Bayern match could have really really really really done with VAR's intervention back in the stone ages of 2010 (I think).

So could have really really really really really a couple of CL semis between Bayern and Real in the not too distant past
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by iftikhar Wed Dec 02, 2020 8:21 am

There's a man who is making the call. If the officials (on the field or in front of the screen) aren't competent, we will keep having problems.
iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Wed Dec 02, 2020 10:41 am

imhfo, just train the referees a bit better. This would be a good start. We are not even in a position to discuss the technical aspects. First and foremost, human error should be reduced. The people handling this can not be so dumb to understand this and actually plan for it.

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Wed Dec 02, 2020 12:21 pm

Hapless_Hans wrote:Some salty ass post from Hans

You would have still lost. Also, you keep ignoring Lewa (or whomever) was offside for Muller's goal.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Sun Dec 06, 2020 8:10 pm

What a decision. #VARIN
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Mon Dec 21, 2020 3:36 pm

Fuck me .... seriously, is it true? I was reading about controversy about VAR and found this on a forum:

quote--> "The fastest players in the Premier League are often clocked at speeds up to 35 kilometres per hour / 21.7 miles per hour, which equates to 9.7 metres per second / 31.8 feet per second. Players could be moving as much as 19.4cm / 7.6 inches between frames. Based on the fastest speed recorded in the Premier League last season - 21.75mph (35kmh) - that margin could be as big as 38.8cm. So, if a player is found to be offside by less than the margin, the VAR can’t be sure whether they were offside or not at the moment the ball was played.  To truly judge offsides to the millimetre, frame by frame, with a player moving at 35 kilometres per hour, you would need an ultra slow motion camera. That’s 10,000 frames per second.  EXAMPLE  

We need a rewind - Page 2 ECPQCMHXsAEeFMR?format=jpg&name=small

An attacking player running at a pace of 6 meters-per-second would require a 6000 frames-per-second camera to capture every 1mm of movement In one second Raheem Sterling covers 6 meters (6000mm), camera takes 120 frames (not even the 50 fps the PL uses). So… 6000mm / 120FPS = 50mm resolution between frames. So moving frame to frame you would only be able to see in 50mm increments.  

There is also the issue of 'Contact Duration' from kicking the ball, which has been measured roughly between 7 and 12ms. Which is about the interval between 2 recorded frames at 120fps (8.3ms) so theoretically a lot of times you're going to have 2 frames in which the player makes contact with the ball. That could lead to manipulation from VAR., one in which he is onside and one in which he is offside.  

If it's too close for the technology to accurately call (and margin of error is 'at least' 5 cms even with 240fps cameras, not the 50 fps used by the PL, due to contact duration) they should stick with the referees original decision (as they do in cricket), even if the technology is suggesting that the Umpire in that instance was wrong but it's not conclusive.

Basically if it's too close to call then the referee's original decision is the deciding call."

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Mon Dec 21, 2020 4:14 pm

The problem is not whether it's accurate or not (it's not) but whether it's better than the human alternative, can resolve disputes quickly, and whether it's unbiased. In these items, it's an improvement.

Agreed ideally they should be judging these decisions based off a much higher framerate than live TV.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Mon Dec 21, 2020 7:05 pm

Wow, surprised to find there is still so much window for error due to the tech. limitations... time to upgrade the specs even more Im sure they should do it, they are so rich anyway? I mean the league...
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Wed Jan 06, 2021 12:05 pm

We need a rewind - Page 2 Eq_2tDYW8AAmYMs?format=jpg&name=medium
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry