Myesyats
Thimmy
BarrileteCosmico
RealGunner
Babun
46 posters

Page 37 of 42 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 36, 37, 38 ... 42  Next

Go down

The Coronavirus Thread - Part 3 - Page 37 Empty Re: The Coronavirus Thread - Part 3

Post by Babun Sat Jul 31, 2021 5:51 pm

@BarrileteCosmico wrote:
@Babun wrote:63% of whom are fully vaccinated, adults or children? Anyways, 43% of those 63% seem to get sick anyways. The percentage would be p=0.63*0.43*100%= 27.09%. That's no half, more like a quarter against the delta variant so there's almost 75% protection Very Happy

63% of total population
and 43% of total cases are from vaccinated people, not 43% of vaccinated people.
Ok, so the chance to be fully vaccinated is 63%, the percentage of all of the vaccinated who got sick is 43%. The calculation doesn't change then, the probability of protection p =(1- 0,63*0.43)*100%=72.1%
@BarrileteCosmico wrote:But I may have jumped the gun on those numbers. The Barnstable County it references has a gay summer hotspot, and it seems quite a few of these infections may not have come from being 2m away from someone at the supermarket but rather from being packed shoulder to shoulder in bars and making out with several people a night.
I don't see a problem. At some point, all of the countries have to open up. I'm not going to hide so unvaccinated people can be safe. Nature is gonna run its course in the end. Their protection is their duty and if some might get sick despite vaccination so be it.

Babun
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

The Coronavirus Thread - Part 3 - Page 37 Empty Re: The Coronavirus Thread - Part 3

Post by Myesyats Sun Aug 01, 2021 12:14 am

@RealGunner wrote:
@Arquitecto wrote:My friends I have read all your opinions from FF to Babun and I want to thank you first of all and secondly its coming down mostly to Pfizer for me.

Would Moderna be a good alternative if that that what would be?

Both are pretty much the same. Either is fine. Best two in the market

Pfizer will require a 3rd shot I'm hearing?? Seems like Moderna is better
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Sun Aug 01, 2021 2:59 am

The rise of Delta is a cautionary tale on the dangers of having a significant unvaxxed population, and on the importance of vaccination. We have been talking throughout this thread on the importance of vaccination to GROUP protection, to the collective squashing of variants. Then what happens? We get an extremely contagious variant which decreases vaccine efficacy. Let's not make the same mistake again. Vaccines and booster shots for all

Important to note that vaccination still prevents infections readily, does an incredible job at preventing serious complications, and that the overall transmissibility of the disease from the vaccinated is still dependent on whether that person gets sick enough to show symptoms, which the vaccine helps reduce.
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Sun Aug 01, 2021 4:13 am

Is your solution to vaccinate the entire world? Because even if you do get everyone in the US vaccinated new strains will continue to pop up everywhere . I think I posted earlier about how Pfizer ceo is predicting that poor countries without access to vaccination will continue to provide new strains for decades to come, and new revenue strains for Pfizer stockholders .

The US could vaccinate most of the world, but I doubt it has the appetite to do so.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Sun Aug 01, 2021 11:00 pm

I mean, yeah that's the obvious solution. However obvious it is, it is a logistically very difficult thing to do. However I am all for US production of vaccines ramping up even more (multiple times more should be the goal imo) and sending those vaccines off to poor countries. We should also offload a good # of the vaccines here as people don't seem to give a shit, and the extent of my care for people refusing to get the vaccine and ending up in a hospital is really just my sadness at overworking of hospital workers + those who have ailments that can't get procedures done.

And schools potentially thinking about virtual, but I'm pretty fuckin over that. There should be zero schools closed. I think if numbers and spread gets extraordinarily high, a brief one or two week virtual stint *could* be appropriate, but anything more than that is inexcusable. I feel for those kids living with their grandparents...just gotta hope grandma and grandpa are vaccinated and take your chances at this point. Obviously vaccine mandates should be in place for high schools as well, but that's not gonna happen.
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Mon Aug 02, 2021 1:39 am

We can't afford it CBarca... these are private pharma companies and they sell the vaccines. So the US would need to buy the vaccines and ship them off.

We don't have two pennies to rub together right now.

As someone who is in finance... i can tell you that this "recovery" is all smoke and mirrors.

Here's my take:

Not trying to be a doom and gloom guy... but we have cost-push inflation (meaning raw materials are more expensive) which monetary policy can't really control, meaning it's not transitory. Only way to battle this type of inflation, if it can be controlled, is to stop printing money and/or increase interest rates, both of which kill the economy and puts us in a recession. 1981 all over again. Biggest risk though is... Stagflation. That can't happen. In the 70s, the supply shock was oil. Now, the supply shock is caused by coronavirus. I am very very fearful because, unlike the 70s and 80s, government, corporations and personal debt are at an all time high. Likelihood of stagflation is high. Be very careful guys. Right now, you have to grow your money over 5% in the US to just meet inflation.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Mon Aug 02, 2021 1:41 am

The solution is that the cause of the supply shock gets resolved... namely, the US and China sitting down and figuring shit out (just like OPEC needed to get its crap together to solve the oil shock).

Does this look like its happening any time soon?
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Mon Aug 02, 2021 9:35 am

Just curious, are u and ppl where u r wearing masks? If so, do they do it like all the time indoors when they work, are in public places and transports, etc.? I am imagining most of the world are free for ppl to choose and most wont be wearing one most of the time, western world as least.

Where I am ppl are amazing at wearing it constantly, basically 100% of the time indoors everywhere, and mostly even in outdoors too. Often ppl wear it while exercising ffs, which I personally find impossible. Im not a fit person who exercise regularly, I imagine I would sufforcate and die if I do, I struggle breathing just wearing it sitting or walking lol... I avoid wearing it most of the time tbh but everyone else wears it most of the time so I feel like an alien most days lol...
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Mon Aug 02, 2021 9:42 am

people here mostly wear it in public places - malls, shops, work, etc etc. When they're just walking down the street that is not crowded or exercising outside, they are usually maskless, except for a few ones here and there
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by VivaStPauli Mon Aug 02, 2021 1:00 pm

@BL:
Yeah people here wear masks indoors pretty much everywhere, in public transport, in shops, restaurants etc, obviously they take 'em off once they're seated at restaurants, so they can, you know... Eat.
They also wear them in open spaces that are very crowded like train stations, but not just regularly on the street or anything.

@BC:
Obviously you have to vaccinate the entire world. I mean it's actually affordable, two shots of Moderna only ran the EU like 14,90€ or something IIRC from the leaked price list, that times say 10 billion is only 150 billion, Jeff Bezos or Elon Musk could just do that if they wanted. Surely the EU and US together can as well, if they want to.
VivaStPauli
VivaStPauli
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC St. Pauli

Back to top Go down

Post by Warrior Mon Aug 02, 2021 3:38 pm

Our neighbors from the province of New Brunswick decided to stop all restrictions. No mask, no social distancing, none of that anymore.

If it goes well over there i think my provincial government will follow :bow:

So i got pfizerized yesterday and there is no side effects. I hope it still worked
Warrior
Warrior
FORZA JUVE

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Mon Aug 02, 2021 5:15 pm

Interesting guys, I would have thought most places ppl dont wanna wear masks, I guess it really depends on the country and culture. As long as the virus and variants still around I guess we would all have to live with wearing it to extend... meh...

Interesting also to learn now that Warrior has had no side effects getting the Pfizer, must be nice, I mean when seeing so many ppl do have them it seems. Good luck and stay healthy guys.
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Warrior Mon Aug 02, 2021 6:19 pm

Depends on culture probably. Before Covid the only times i saw someone wearing a mask in public were asian people. And in the early days of the pandemic i read it was already a common habit in Asia to wear mask when you are sick or don't want to breathe smog.

So we follow the instructions as a temporary social norm. For example whoever goes maskless inside a Walmart looks like an idiot and will get confronted by the staff and clientele. Although certainly not by me

Curious to see if this will change our habits. We are not used to protect others if we are sick from fever or cold. But i doubt so, the mask is an annoyance, i know nobody who won't trash their mask day 1. Since may-june nobody wear a mask outdoors. Was at the beach the other day and the DJ had to recall social distancing on the dance floor every 2 minutes. Overall people are fed up.
Warrior
Warrior
FORZA JUVE

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Mon Aug 02, 2021 7:26 pm

^^yea very much interested as well in how life with look going forward. I actually think though people should be more cautious going forward by wearing masks when they have a cold/flu and go out into public spaces. It's really not a hassle at all.
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Mon Aug 02, 2021 7:28 pm

@vivas @cbarca yes its obviously possible for the west (or even a rich billionaire) to vaccinate everyone , i just doubt that the politicians are willing to do it.

I also wonder, if we vaccinate everyone , would we just cause a super coronavirus to evolve? Need a scientist here
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by VivaStPauli Mon Aug 02, 2021 8:49 pm

@BarrileteCosmico wrote:@vivas @cbarca yes its obviously possible for the west (or even a rich billionaire) to vaccinate everyone , i just doubt that the politicians are willing to do it.

I also wonder, if we vaccinate everyone , would we just cause a super coronavirus to evolve? Need a scientist here

I'm technically a trained scientist, but not in biology or medicine or anything like that.
But my mom's a biologist.
She says more than likely that'd make transmissions so rare it might even die out.
Happened to measles, polio etc, they're basically gone. Chicken pox, too.

So vaccinating everyone should be much safer than vaccinating half the people, for example.
VivaStPauli
VivaStPauli
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC St. Pauli

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Mon Aug 02, 2021 9:45 pm

I might have corona again GLbros

Going to get tested
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Mon Aug 02, 2021 10:04 pm

Breakthrough gunner Molenation

How you doing? Is it serious?
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Mon Aug 02, 2021 10:05 pm

@vivastpauli interesting, in the unlikely event we do Vax everyone hope she's right !
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warrior Tue Aug 03, 2021 1:16 am

RG you are vaccinated i think ? Bizarre

I wish the best recovery. It's shit to have covid a second time
Warrior
Warrior
FORZA JUVE

Back to top Go down

Post by MindYourThinking Tue Aug 03, 2021 5:47 am

https://www.instagram.com/p/CSEmZ21ri4t/?utm_medium=copy_link

Within the comments you’ll find a direct link to the sourced website. Please keep in mind there is no liability on manufacturers due to the circumstances of the rushed nature of developing these shots. Just here to present the other aspect of the conversation. www.openvaers.com/covid-data
MindYourThinking
MindYourThinking
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Tue Aug 03, 2021 9:02 am

@MindYourThinking wrote:https://www.instagram.com/p/CSEmZ21ri4t/?utm_medium=copy_link

Within the comments you’ll find a direct link to the sourced website. Please keep in mind there is no liability on manufacturers due to the circumstances of the rushed nature of developing these shots. Just here to present the other aspect of the conversation. www.openvaers.com/covid-data

Anyone can report events to VAERS (vaers.hhs.gov/reportevent.html) and a disclaimer on the website of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) says: “The reports may contain information that is incomplete, inaccurate, coincidental, or unverifiable” (here). When downloading the data, users are presented with a further disclaimer that the data does not include information from investigations into reported cases. The disclaimer also says “the inclusion of events in VAERS data does not imply causality” (here).

“CDC follows up on any report of death to request additional information and learn more about what occurred and to determine whether the death was a result of the vaccine or unrelated.”

“To date, VAERS has not detected patterns in cause of death that would indicate a safety problem with COVID-19 vaccines.”

https://www.reuters.com/article/uk-factcheck-vaers-idUSKBN2AE0QQ

Context matters, posts like yours without proper context are simply misinformation.
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by LeVersacci Tue Aug 03, 2021 9:26 am

@Warrior wrote:RG you are vaccinated i think ? Bizarre

I wish the best recovery. It's shit to have covid a second time
You can still get it and still transmit it when you're vaccinated.
LeVersacci
LeVersacci
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Babun Tue Aug 03, 2021 1:05 pm

@RealGunner wrote:I might have corona again GLbros

Going to get tested

First, get well soon!
Second,
fully vaccinated or just once? What are your symptoms? How do you feel?
Babun
Babun
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Tue Aug 03, 2021 6:16 pm

The latest news definitely indicating that many ppl do get infected even though they have been vaxed with 2 doses, this also includes the BioNTech vax, talking about the Delta variant mainly... showing the vaccines likely to become less and less effective vs the more advanced mutations of the virus, although hopefully not all the mutations are as bad as the Delta one.

The more time the virus is spreading around the world and especially in the poorer countries without much access to the vaccines, the more it will mutate. As others have discussed above, I guess its possible the rich world can help vax everyone globally, but doubt they would cooperate and commit enough to do so, just like the climate change issue shows if it can be a comparison - ppl and countries are more selfish or at least wont do enough to help the world, especially those poor nations, there are just little immediate incentives to do so.
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Wed Aug 04, 2021 11:10 am

So avoiding all the anti-vaxx propaganda and craze that I once followed 8-10 years ago; and with the advice of my friends here I chose Moderna as my vaccination, to which I just got this morning in a mall parking lot in 5 mins, luckily because I know the mall owner from a year ago.

The jab was quick & painless.

No side effects yet an hour later.

Thank you gentlemen.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Sociedad

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 37 of 42 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 36, 37, 38 ... 42  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum