Myesyats
Thimmy
BarrileteCosmico
RealGunner
Babun
46 posters

Page 34 of 42 Previous  1 ... 18 ... 33, 34, 35 ... 38 ... 42  Next

Go down

The Coronavirus Thread - Part 3 - Page 34 Empty Re: The Coronavirus Thread - Part 3

Post by VivaStPauli Tue Jul 13, 2021 9:11 am

I've been totally fine since yesterday, so one day of suffering, one day of mild suffering, and a week of exhaustion - one of the stronger reactions in my circles, from what I hear, but fine now.

Congrats to MYesyats, and good luck to everyone.

VivaStPauli
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

The Coronavirus Thread - Part 3 - Page 34 Empty Re: The Coronavirus Thread - Part 3

Post by Myesyats Tue Jul 13, 2021 9:23 am

Thanks BC and Viva

2nd day is worse. My arm hurts like hell and I have a headache, also overall i have mild chills so far. I slept well though, havent taken paracetamol yet
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Tue Jul 13, 2021 8:30 pm

Im still waiting out for a mRNA vaccine hopefully, apparently China has it, but for some reason are not letting ppl have it, only the locally made traditional ones. Anyone know how to smuggle some in? Lool.....
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Tue Jul 13, 2021 9:41 pm

I would gladly smuggle 2 doses in my asshole for you but Im not sure if they let in infidels into china. Do i need a visa or sth? Maybe Vibe would volunteer, he's based in Tajikistan apparently which means he's bordering China and probably could jump over the border real quick.
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by MindYourThinking Wed Jul 14, 2021 1:08 am

I've been following her research for the last couple of years...

https://vimeo.com/574588970
MindYourThinking
MindYourThinking
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Wed Jul 14, 2021 4:30 am

Sitting here realizing how fortunate I was to have the opportunity to receive the vaccine more than 4 months ago Shocked

Puts into perspective the wealth and power of the US
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Wed Jul 14, 2021 9:29 am

@CBarca wrote:Sitting here realizing how fortunate I was to have the opportunity to receive the vaccine more than 4 months ago Shocked

We started vaxing in late january, i had to wait until mid may to sign up.

Yall started in December no?
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Babun Wed Jul 14, 2021 10:12 am

Congrats Viva and Myesyats cheers
League of the fully vaccinated gentlemen Laughing
Babun
Babun
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Wed Jul 14, 2021 4:54 pm

@Myesyats wrote:
@CBarca wrote:Sitting here realizing how fortunate I was to have the opportunity to receive the vaccine more than 4 months ago Shocked

We started vaxing in late january, i had to wait until mid may to sign up.

Yall started in December no?

Yeah my brother is a doctor and got vaccinated in late December, but we started mid December iirc
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by MindYourThinking Sat Jul 17, 2021 6:38 pm

They doing everything they can to incentivize and encourage Americans to back that thang up and shoot up The Coronavirus Thread - Part 3 - Page 34 1f602
MindYourThinking
MindYourThinking
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Sat Jul 17, 2021 7:34 pm

It's embarrassing for the human race that during a deadly pandemic people have to be encouraged to take a vaccine that clearly and undoubtedly saves lives. It should be a no-brainer for any sentient human being with elementary knowledge
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Sun Jul 18, 2021 7:23 am

My bro is back in the COVID ICU unit with 12 patients. All unvaccinated. Everyone who is hospitalized at his hospital for COVID is unvaccinated.

Some of these people are probably getting "discharged" from the hospital in a body bag and are telling my brother about their regret. Wives are convincing friends and family to get vaccinated. It's working, too. One wife of a guy who is going to likely die has gotten 6 people appointments. It turns out when someone you know personally is going to die of COVID that you start to think a vaccine might be a good idea.

Worst part is they're only at 45% Delta variant where he is. There are a lot more unvaxxed people that this variant still has to rip through. https://www.theatlantic.com/health/archive/2021/07/delta-missouri-pandemic-surge/619456/

Here is a good article about what the Delta variant is doing in towns with a relatively high % of unvaxxed folks.

Sad. Thankfully my city is super vaccinated. 81% of adults have at least one dose and that's the county which includes the outlying rural areas. Madison the city is probably 90+% for vaccination. COVID essentially doesn't exist here
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by VivaStPauli Sun Jul 18, 2021 4:29 pm

The thing is that the anti-vaxxers don't have a stake in the whole vaccine debate.

They just want the validation of having some 'deeper knowledge' about an important topic, just like flat earthers, or QAnon - once they feel an impact close to home, they will change their tune instantly unless they're psychotic.
I knew a lot of people who were unconvinced of getting vaccinated early, but since everyone who doesn't know someone who got hospitalized by covid knows at least one doctor - basically everyone I know is getting vaxxed now.

This isn't really about vaccines. People just want to feel special, so they cling to any conspiracy theory that makes them feel clever for having "figured it out" - you can't really convince those people with evidence or logic unless it's anecdotal evidence that personally affects them at a level they value higher than their ego.
VivaStPauli
VivaStPauli
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC St. Pauli

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Sun Jul 18, 2021 9:47 pm

Not everyone who doesn't want to get vaccinated against Covid-19 is an "anti-vaxxer". There is a difference between people who believe that Bill Gates wants to chip humanity (is that even 1 %?) to start the "great reset" and people that are very cautious about an emergency vaccine with 0 long-term data against a virus that mainly kills the old and ill, who have no issues whatsoever with standard vaccines against mumps, measles, rubella.

The comparison with flat earthers is so dumb. There will be about 30 - 40 % of people that don't want vaccination in every country. "Role model" Israel vaccination number is stagnating at 60 % for months now even though everyone can get vaccinated there since forever. Same is happening in Germany right now. I guess 30 - 40 % of every country's population are now flat earthers.

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Effzeh Kölle

Back to top Go down

Post by VivaStPauli Sun Jul 18, 2021 9:59 pm

I specifically mean anti-vaxxers, not all people who choose to not get this one vaccine.
While I personally weighed the risks and with the data available to me figured the vaccination is the safer choice for me, I understand that people might have logical reasons to not get vaccinated.
Those are not the people I am talking about.
Because they will probably get vaccinated if they perceive the danger to be increasing, or the vaccine has been around for a period of time they deem sufficient to prove that it's not harmful.

Also in most G20 countries, US excluded, the number of people refusing vaccines is way below 20%, at least judging from stuff like the measles vaccine.
And if you're refusing the measles vaccine, you basically are a flat earther.
VivaStPauli
VivaStPauli
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Sun Jul 18, 2021 10:56 pm

@futbol wrote:Not everyone who doesn't want to get vaccinated against Covid-19 is an "anti-vaxxer". There is a difference between people who believe that Bill Gates wants to chip humanity (is that even 1 %?) to start the "great reset" and people that are very cautious about an emergency vaccine with 0 long-term data against a virus that mainly kills the old and ill, who have no issues whatsoever with standard vaccines against mumps, measles, rubella.

The comparison with flat earthers is so dumb. There will be about 30 - 40 % of people that don't want vaccination in every country. "Role model" Israel vaccination number is stagnating at 60 % for months now even though everyone can get vaccinated there since forever. Same is happening in Germany right now. I guess 30 - 40 % of every country's population are now flat earthers.

The answer is right there in front of you. You don't think 30% of people are morons?

I came across an interesting statistic a while ago and I remember it somewhat hazily but it was about people's political affiliations and one thing stood out to me which I believe to be accurate that 20-30% of voters in a democracy have authoritarian tendencies and don't mind supporting parties which clearly abuse human rights and so on. From empirical evidence I believe it to be quite accurate universally. Which ultimately leads me to believe these 20-30% are indeed just simply morons. Even in a developed country with free education and high social awareness etc etc.

And it also proves accurate in my country if I compare vaccination rates by 'county' and which party gets the highest share of votes in each of these 'counties'
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Sun Jul 18, 2021 11:03 pm

Just want to point out that 60% is pretty good considering that the vaccine was not approved for minors until recently. That's probably closer to 75% of adults.

BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Babun Mon Jul 19, 2021 8:00 am

@BarrileteCosmico wrote:Just want to point out that 60% is pretty good considering that the vaccine was not approved for minors until recently. That's probably closer to 75% of adults.

Someone understands here Homo Sapiens demographics Very Happy
For me, adults are called as such, for they are supposed to decide themselves and to take responsibility for their actions. If there're vaccines available to everyone for a prolonged amount of time and all of the info about the Wuhan virus on the news/internet then I'd refrain from babysitting adults. It's their decision. I'm against any kind of vaccine law. Leave those people alone, they'll notice the consequences in due time.
Also, I wouldn't support any lockdown measures afterwards.
Babun
Babun
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by VivaStPauli Mon Jul 19, 2021 9:02 am

I reckon that fully vaccinated people will be free to move around this winter, when those that are not might have their radius limited to where they can't cause harm to themselves or others.
It does sound rather draconic, but ultimately, from what we know it saves lives.
VivaStPauli
VivaStPauli
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Mon Jul 19, 2021 10:49 am

@BarrileteCosmico wrote:Just want to point out that 60% is pretty good considering that the vaccine was not approved for minors until recently. That's probably closer to 75% of adults.

Indeed.

Here in Belgium for example its 82% of the adult (18+) population that is vaccinated (at least 1 dose) and still rising a bit. I guess soon it will end up between 85%-90%
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Mon Jul 19, 2021 12:13 pm

@VivaStPauli wrote:I specifically mean anti-vaxxers, not all people who choose to not get this one vaccine.
While I personally weighed the risks and with the data available to me figured the vaccination is the safer choice for me, I understand that people might have logical reasons to not get vaccinated.
Those are not the people I am talking about.
Because they will probably get vaccinated if they perceive the danger to be increasing, or the vaccine has been around for a period of time they deem sufficient to prove that it's not harmful.

Also in most G20 countries, US excluded, the number of people refusing vaccines is way below 20%, at least judging from stuff like the measles vaccine.
And if you're refusing the measles vaccine, you basically are a flat earther.

i was happy reading your first paragraph because now i know you've finally come around to some sense regarding this topic.

but then you fumbled into nonsensical correlations/comparisons again in the 2nd paragraph. You don't have to make such stupid statements/correlations to get your points across, just be logical and think for yourself, that's all, you're fully capable.
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Mon Jul 19, 2021 2:22 pm

Starting to get phone calls (because the letters and text messages arent enough I supposed) enquiring why I have not yet taken my 1st dose?

I find it funny, but this really is pathetic.

On an unrelated matter my partner went to her local GP, where they attempted to convince her to take it (ignoring the fact she medically cannot take it).

These greedy mf'ers really want that cash.

UK removed all restrictions officially today, but in classical government fashion, by urging supermarkets, shops, ubers, public transport, work places and so on to keep masks in place. Most of whom have indeed said they will do so.

Not to my surprise this nonsense will not end any time soon and there is very little doubt in my mind, come September/October we will be back in lockdown because of "cases".

@Myesyats wrote:It's embarrassing for the human race that during a deadly pandemic people have to be encouraged to take a vaccine that clearly and undoubtedly saves lives. It should be a no-brainer for any sentient human being with elementary knowledge

I cant be the only one who found this hilarious Laughing

16 months or so later and people still say some absolute rubbish like this unchecked.

"deadly pandemic" "undoubtable saves lives"

You'd think you legit worked for the government, you've been so fully had here.

Uh yeah, surprisingly, you need to convince people to take an unproven vaccine they dont need.

Wonder why this hasnt been a problem up until now?
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Mon Jul 19, 2021 5:29 pm

At this point, in the developed western countries, anyone that wants a vaccine has already gotten it. No amount of pressure or bribes will change that. In fact they just build resentment and make them more resistant to it. Judging them and making them all out to be crazies that believe in conspiracy theories does that even more so and entrenches people into their behavior.

I'm not sure what the path forward is, but I suspect an education approach to "these are the most common concerns that cause vaccine hesitation and this is why you shouldn't be concerned about it" would be more effective. They need to be engaged with, not shamed or threatened.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Mon Jul 19, 2021 5:31 pm

Also is anyone surprised that after all the colossal fuck ups the WHO and CDC made during this pandemic their word is so devalued no one cares what they have to say any more? Those were self inflicted wounds and now we are all paying the price.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Mon Jul 19, 2021 6:42 pm

@BarrileteCosmico wrote:At this point, in the developed western countries, anyone that wants a vaccine has already gotten it. No amount of pressure or bribes will change that. In fact they just build resentment and make them more resistant to it. Judging them and making them all out to be crazies that believe in conspiracy theories does that even more so and entrenches people into their behavior.

I'm not sure what the path forward is, but I suspect an education approach to "these are the most common concerns that cause vaccine hesitation and this is why you shouldn't be concerned about it" would be more effective. They need to be engaged with, not shamed or threatened.

There is a lot of what you're mentioning going around. Massive public health efforts on education that answer questions that vaccine hesitant people have. You can't go on the Youtube homepage without it being blasted in your face, for example. I still think efforts could be better, mind.

I don't think that's the answer. I'm cynical, but for the vast majority of vaccine hesitant people, the only thing that's going to change their mind is having someone close to them get very sick with COVID or die of COVID. In the US there is also a fairly strong correlation between % vaccinated and % voted for Trump. Having Conservative politicians talking about the wonder-cure that the COVID vaccine is would also help, I believe.

I think your compassionate view of those entrenched anti-vaxxers is probably the best way to engage, but I think it's pretty futile. You aren't going to convince people who believe in QAnon that the vaccine is worth getting unless QAnon says it (and probably not even then, because they would argue that QAnon must have been hacked by a deep-state liberal actor). Most of those people are beyond reach.

I see this in education all the time. Except replace "vaccine hesitancy" with "doesn't give a shit about their child's education". The majority of parents do care (got the vaccine), some parents need reminders/check-ins/a lot of communication (vaccine hesitant), and there is a (non negligible) number of parents who are unreachable and don't give a fuck. You can try extremely hard to reach them, it's not happening.
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Mon Jul 19, 2021 7:13 pm

Maybe every state policy is a bit different. what I've seen is are policies like VaxMillions lottery, some happy go lucky ads showing people back to normal, but nothing with any real substance about it. Im sure it's there, maybe as someone that uses an ad blocker and doesn't have a cable TV subscription I'm not that exposed to it, but it should be proactive and reach people rather than waiting for them to try to find that information.

But the discourse where these people are vilified is not helping IMO.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 34 of 42 Previous  1 ... 18 ... 33, 34, 35 ... 38 ... 42  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum