Myesyats
Thimmy
BarrileteCosmico
RealGunner
Babun
45 posters

Page 33 of 40 Previous  1 ... 18 ... 32, 33, 34 ... 36 ... 40  Next

Go down

The Coronavirus Thread - Part 3 - Page 33 Empty Re: The Coronavirus Thread - Part 3

Post by rincon Mon Jul 05, 2021 12:29 pm

Hapless_Hans wrote:
rincon wrote:Just got my 2nd moderna dose, hope its all smooth, the first dose was fine.

Brace yourself for impact in ~10 hours.
See that you've got everything you need, get comfy in the evening and make no plans for tomorrow.

Thanks Thumbs up

Yeah I told work I might not come in, planning to just relax and watch italy destroy Spain tomorrow if I feel ill.

rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

The Coronavirus Thread - Part 3 - Page 33 Empty Re: The Coronavirus Thread - Part 3

Post by VivaStPauli Mon Jul 05, 2021 4:16 pm

Yeah no more pain or anything today.
Just very weak, went in to work, and took everything very slowly, still exhausted. Will probably just take the entire week off. But the fever, the headaches etc are all gone.
VivaStPauli
VivaStPauli
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC St. Pauli

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Mon Jul 05, 2021 6:44 pm

VivaStPauli wrote:Yeah no more pain or anything today.
Just very weak, went in to work, and took everything very slowly, still exhausted. Will probably just take the entire week off. But the fever, the headaches etc are all gone.

Good to hear you're through. How long did it take?
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Mon Jul 05, 2021 11:38 pm

My parents just had a sore arm and mild dizziness after both 1st and 2nd moderna shots. I'm surprised you guys get such reactions

Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Tue Jul 06, 2021 6:30 am

Hapless_Hans wrote:@VivaStPauli you had your second ModeRNA shot yet?

I had it yesterday at noon, and the doctor told me to brace for some reaction, and he wasn't wrong

pretty trippy, not really terrible, but weird

temperature rises a bit, slightly wobbly feeling after 6 hours, but EXACTLY 12 hours after the shot, to the minute, all of a sudden you break into shivers for half an hour and get some proper fever, which basically lasted all through the night.
Down now to just high temperature, and I'm ok but really knackered and headache, and the arm hurts more

I heard from 3 people who had the exact same experience, 12 hours after the shot to the minute

Word by word my reaction. Weird feeling before going to bed and all of a sudden woke up shivering at 3am and haven't been able to sleep since. Got covered in blankets to stop the shivers but two hours later I felt like i was on fire.

Everything hurts basically but mainly my head with a fever, headache, and dizziness.
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Tue Jul 06, 2021 4:45 pm

Myesyats wrote:My parents just had a sore arm and mild dizziness after both 1st and 2nd moderna shots. I'm surprised you guys get such reactions

That's not suprising

First Moderna shot is like that for everyone, but with the 2nd Moderna shot it is the older, the less reaction

Viva and Rincon probably had it worse than me as they're also younger

Last edited by Hapless_Hans on Tue Jul 06, 2021 5:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Tue Jul 06, 2021 4:55 pm

wtf. i was seriously ill after my 1st. it's going to be worse in the 2nd?

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by VivaStPauli Tue Jul 06, 2021 5:03 pm

Hapless_Hans wrote:
VivaStPauli wrote:Yeah no more pain or anything today.

Good to hear you're through. How long did it take?

About 36 hours of hellish headaches, plus 24 hours of just feeling like I had the flu, since then it's smooth sailing, just exhausted.
VivaStPauli
VivaStPauli
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Tue Jul 06, 2021 5:34 pm

RealGunner wrote:wtf. i was seriously ill after my 1st. it's going to be worse in the 2nd?

Which one did you get? Astrazeneca AFAIK is worse for the first shot, no problems with the second
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Tue Jul 06, 2021 5:45 pm

moderna
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Tue Jul 06, 2021 6:14 pm

RealGunner wrote:wtf. i was seriously ill after my 1st. it's going to be worse in the 2nd?

Different people have different reactions to each vaccine. Some people have experienced similar effects, but I wouldn't expect to definitely get the same response as someone else. Yours might be the same, or worse, or milder. You never know.

The second Pfizer vaccine gave me a sunstroke- like reaction. I didn't have headaches or substantial, physical discomfort, but it was a trippy experience. The first one was hardly noticeable. A 60 year old colleague had no reaction to the second vaccine. 3 colleagues in their 50s felt deathly sick for a week after the second vaccine.
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Babun Tue Jul 06, 2021 11:38 pm

Same here, I didn't notice much both times. There're people I know who struggled up until a week after the second shot.
Babun
Babun
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Wed Jul 07, 2021 8:19 am

RealGunner wrote:moderna

It might be because you had Covid? Think I heard that for people who were infected before, basically the first shot is like the second for the rest of us

I might have read the other day that some scientists were actually saying that previously infected people don't necessarily need a second shot
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by VivaStPauli Wed Jul 07, 2021 5:26 pm

Hapless_Hans wrote:
RealGunner wrote:moderna

It might be because you had Covid? Think I heard that for people who were infected before, basically the first shot is like the second for the rest of us

I might have read the other day that some scientists were actually saying that previously infected people don't necessarily need a second shot

Definitely, in Germany you only get one jab if you're recovered. I know other countries do two doses for people who've recoverd, but for us Krauts, the RKI says one shot is enough if you've had it. And it makes sense to me from what I know about immunology.
VivaStPauli
VivaStPauli
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Wed Jul 07, 2021 5:27 pm

Yea but i had Covid very very early on last year so the anti bodies probably all vanished
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucifer Wed Jul 07, 2021 8:50 pm

I also had Covid in November last year, took AstraZeneca shot with no side effects. Except little pain in arm.

Lucifer
The Last Cat Hater.

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Wed Jul 07, 2021 9:00 pm

I had covid March of last year right at the start. No side effects for the first dose of moderna, strong one's for the second dose. I'm better now, by tomorrow morning I expect to be fine and back at work.

Basically two days down.
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by VivaStPauli Wed Jul 07, 2021 9:41 pm

rincon wrote:Basically two days down.

Yeah that's what most people report.
I mean I was super-down for two days, and now 3 more days of being weak AF, but it was basically just 36 hours of serious symptoms.
VivaStPauli
VivaStPauli
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by The Demon of Carthage Thu Jul 08, 2021 10:12 am

Question: Can the reaction that one makes after the second dose of the vaccine give a clue on how they would react if they got covid without vaccine?

Meaning: if after the second shot you get strong symptoms, does it mean that you would also be symptomatic without vaccine if you got covid? In the same way, if after the second dose you get no symptoms, does it mean you would be asymptomatic if you got covid?
The Demon of Carthage
The Demon of Carthage
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Thu Jul 08, 2021 10:18 am

The Demon of Carthage wrote:Question: Can the reaction that one makes after the second dose of the vaccine give a clue on how they would react if they got covid without vaccine?

Meaning: if after the second shot you get strong symptoms, does it mean that you would also be symptomatic without vaccine if you got covid? In the same way, if after the second dose you get no symptoms, does it mean you would be asymptomatic if you got covid?

I don't think anyone knows the answer to that question.

For what its worth, I had a truly terrible time with covid, much much less so with the 2nd dose of the vaccine, but still the 36 hours of symptoms.
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by VivaStPauli Thu Jul 08, 2021 11:47 am

The Demon of Carthage wrote:Question: Can the reaction that one makes after the second dose of the vaccine give a clue on how they would react if they got covid without vaccine?

I think if it were, someone would've looked at that, right?
What my doctor told me though, was, that generally younger people have a stronger reaction to the vaccine and milder symptoms from the virus, but I don't think that means that a stronger vaccine reaction means that it's 'working better' or something.
VivaStPauli
VivaStPauli
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Fri Jul 09, 2021 2:15 pm

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2021/jul/07/what-are-the-risks-of-england-unlocking-in-the-covid-third-wave

Interesting comparison between the 2nd and 3rd wave . Does not bode well at all for poorly vaccinated countries.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by VivaStPauli Fri Jul 09, 2021 4:49 pm

It is especially selfish because Johnson is basically breeding variants just to help his poll numbers.
VivaStPauli
VivaStPauli
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Mon Jul 12, 2021 9:48 pm

finally got my 2nd shot of pfizer today after 5 weeks

mild dizziness again, but lasted only for about 2h. No other side effects since i got the jab at 3pm. We'll see what tomorrow brings

fully vaxed  The Coronavirus Thread - Part 3 - Page 33 1f64c  The Coronavirus Thread - Part 3 - Page 33 1f64c  The Coronavirus Thread - Part 3 - Page 33 1f489

Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Tue Jul 13, 2021 2:31 am

Congrats!
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by VivaStPauli Tue Jul 13, 2021 9:11 am

I've been totally fine since yesterday, so one day of suffering, one day of mild suffering, and a week of exhaustion - one of the stronger reactions in my circles, from what I hear, but fine now.

Congrats to MYesyats, and good luck to everyone.
VivaStPauli
VivaStPauli
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 33 of 40 Previous  1 ... 18 ... 32, 33, 34 ... 36 ... 40  Next