The Coronavirus Thread - Part 3

Page 19 of 21 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20, 21  Next

Go down

The Coronavirus Thread - Part 3 - Page 19 Empty Re: The Coronavirus Thread - Part 3

Post by Zagadka Fri Mar 26, 2021 7:43 pm

Good discussion last 2 pages.
After almost completely losing my sanity and sitting at home 3 months ALONE in the dead of winter, I escaped the longest lockdown in North America (Toronto) 3 weeks ago and came to Texas just as the mask mandate and all restrictions here in Texas were lifted.

I don't even feel COVID in daily life anymore. I think this was one of the best decisions I've ever made. Not at an office, not at the gym, not outside. God, who knew one day I'd say I love Texas!

a sharp contrast to Europe. Most people I talk to daily in Europe are borderline depressed or completely on the edge with no end for lockdowns in sight. Euro 2021 scheduled to kick off in 85 days! lol

Russia seems to be fully open inside (but limited foreign travel, for example, I can't go) and I know an American friend who's been living in Istanbul for months and says it's very normal and relatively open.

EU seems to be the place not to be in now.

from the map on Kayak website, Serbia is the only country in Europe that has no entry restrictions now...but hopefully @VIBE can update us on the normal life situation.

Once my limit of staying in Texas expires, I need an escape and as long as the 3-day $2000 Guantanamo hotel and 14 day quarantine are still the law in Canada, I ain't going back hmm

But this situation really sucks. to not be able to plan ANYTHING more than 10 days in advance is insane. I keep saying that the next 2-3 months will really tell us more about what shape the world will be going forward, but I truly believe by end of June a lot of questions will be clearer.

Bloomberg had an article yesterday that we must start planning for a Permanent Pandemic by the way.

https://www.bloomberg.com/opinion/articles/2021-03-24/when-will-covid-end-we-must-start-planning-for-a-permanent-pandemic

Zagadka
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

The Coronavirus Thread - Part 3 - Page 19 Empty Re: The Coronavirus Thread - Part 3

Post by Babun Sat Mar 27, 2021 11:47 am

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-health-coronavirus-vaccines-italy/astrazeneca-says-29-million-covid-19-doses-in-italy-are-for-eu-poorer-countries-idUSKBN2BG1HF

A crime by itself, why hoard vaccines if they're needed everwhere. I don't even care whether they were for GB or somewhere else, hoarding so much should be punished by law. They've got blood on their hands.

As for Boris Johnson, he made a huge mistake. Astrazeneca had the same deal with Birtain and EU but Eu signed 3 months later. They delievered to UK as first priority, I understand. But after 6 months, they can't act as if everything that is being produced is meant for GB only. There're 4 production sites, two in GB and two in EU. The GB one didn't even export one dose to EU. Apparently, two third of what GB used to vaccinated its population came from the EU mainland. After the find of the 29 million doses, suddenly, the selfsufficient plants in UK aren't enough anymore for the second jab for proper immunity. Britain has been overly opportunistic so they gave a first jab to everyone without withholding a second dose for later. EU threatened to halt all vaccine exports towards UK, BoJo became cold feet..
UK press is embarassing. They keep saying EU failed to vaccine their population. Compare UK to EU: 60 million population vs. 450 million. Around 5% of the EU population got a vaccine twice = 22,5 million, same in UK, around 5%, just 3 million people. Half of the UK has got the first dose, partly by stealing Astrazeneca doses meant for EU but without the second one the vaccination won't be complete. Johnson & Johnson + Moderna are going to deliever enough anyways, the pandemic isn't going to end soon. I don't understand what the Brits are trying to achieve by pissing of their next neighbour. They should be happy, they aren't dealing with USA or China, they'd outright ban any exports to UK for the time being.
Babun
Babun
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Babun Wed Mar 31, 2021 10:52 am

I got the Pfitzer/Biontech jab insted of Astrazeneca because the use for people under 60y has been suspended yesterday in all Germany.
Except for my left arm feeling kinda weak and the left side in general being swollen, I don't feel anything.

Edit:
Day 2: I felt exhausted all day, my muscles felt weak, any movement was difficult. No pain or fever were experienced, just a bit of pain around the vaccine injection site. By now, I feel 100% alright.
Day 3: completely recovered, no pain, fatigue or similar left.
Babun
Babun
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by iftikhar Mon Apr 05, 2021 1:22 pm

A week long lockdown started today.

Don’t know how much benefit it’s going to bring without a massive testing scheme to screen-out and isolate the infected persons.

As it stands, the infected persons (unknowingly) will infect the persons in their household and all of these infected persons will mingle with others once the lockdown is lifted.

“The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again, but expecting different results.”
iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Mon Apr 05, 2021 2:13 pm

@Babun wrote:I got the Pfitzer/Biontech jab insted of Astrazeneca because the use for people under 60y has been suspended yesterday in all Germany.
Except for my left arm feeling kinda weak and the left side in general being swollen, I don't feel anything.

Edit:
Day 2: I felt exhausted all day, my muscles felt weak, any movement was difficult. No pain or fever were experienced, just a bit of pain around the vaccine injection site. By now, I feel 100% alright.

sounds like how i felt after getting a flu jab.

I want to get pfizer as well instead of astrazeneca but i don't think we get a choice here...
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Babun Mon Apr 05, 2021 3:26 pm

@RealGunner wrote:
@Babun wrote:I got the Pfitzer/Biontech jab insted of Astrazeneca because the use for people under 60y has been suspended yesterday in all Germany.

Edit:

sounds like how i felt after getting a flu jab.

I want to get pfizer as well instead of astrazeneca but i don't think we get a choice here...

The doc said vaccine reaction is inverse with pfizer: first jab is supposed to be nearly symptom free, the second one depends on age. The younger you are the more knocked out you get for 2 days at least. With Astrazeneca, the first one knocks out cold, the second one is more or less like the first pfizer dosis. In general, bointech/pfizer vaccine protects against all kind of mutations as well, somewhat reduced vs. p1 from Brazil or South African variant but still prevents from being hospitalized. Astrazeneca will get an update I think.
Germany gave up on Astrazeneca more or less. You're going to get more of it if Johnson doesn't behave like an arse he's been. I think Astrazeneca and Biontech will have to update their vaccine so in the end it doesn't matter which one you get now. Any of them is good enough to prevent hospitalization so get whichever you can first. People who had the Wuhan virus are urged to take the jab as soon as possible, too, because their immune system sometimes overreact towards the new mutants.

I'm gonna get the second jab on 12.05 then we'll see whether the doc told me the truth.
Babun
Babun
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Mon Apr 05, 2021 10:27 pm

Got the first jab of Pfizer/Biontech today. Outside of a little dull pain in the injection area and some mild tiredness that necessitated about an hour of laying in bed on my phone, that was the extent of the effects. Jab #2 set for end of the month.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Tue Apr 06, 2021 1:32 am

I had my second first shot in Jan and 2nd shot in Feb of pfizer.

First one...  mild soreness and tired for a couple of days.  Nothing really.

Second one...  felt like someone shot me in the arm for 3 days, 1 day of fever and felt like the flu for about 4-5 days.  Took me out to be honest.  But well worth it.

Keep in mind that getting a flu-like reaction is actually a good thing.  That means the vaccine is working and you're creating a lot of antibodies.  Doesn't mean that it's not happening if you don't get a reaction...  but a reaction removes all doubt.
sportsczy
sportsczy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Zagadka Tue Apr 06, 2021 2:06 am

I can get the Pfizer vaccine tomorrow, but I desperately prefer to get a traditional vaccine (J&J, Sputnik, etc) and not the new mRNA.

just a bit of an uneasy feeling that there weren't any conclusive studies on its impact on sterilization and fertility/potency. Think I'm gonna wait another month or two to see if I can vaccine-shop.

Texas is down to 2-3k cases a day by the way....night and day to Europe.

This pandemic and the vaccine response really showed Europe up. Bewildering how they are into their third hard lockdown ONE YEAR into this and 6 months after the vaccine news.
Zagadka
Zagadka
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Tue Apr 06, 2021 3:25 pm

Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Atletico Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Babun Tue Apr 06, 2021 5:38 pm

@Zagadka wrote:I can get the Pfizer vaccine tomorrow, but I desperately prefer to get a traditional vaccine (J&J, Sputnik, etc) and not the new mRNA.

just a bit of an uneasy feeling that there weren't any conclusive studies on its impact on sterilization and fertility/potency. Think I'm gonna wait another month or two to see if I can vaccine-shop.

Texas is down to 2-3k cases a day by the way....night and day to Europe.

This pandemic and the vaccine response really showed Europe up. Bewildering how they are into their third hard lockdown ONE YEAR into this and 6 months after the vaccine news.

USA are having a headstart in their vaccination campaign. The pandemic handling up until now has been worse than Europe even if we take all of the European countries into the consideration (Moldavia, Ukraine, Russia etc. included).
US population is approx 328.2 million, Europe's in total 746.4 millions. Europe has got 2.274 times the amount fo US population yet just 1,635 amount of deaths. Next month, the mass rollout of vaccines is going to start in the EU.

Also, I don't know how old you are, my sister's friend (a girl) who is 28y old contracted B.1.1.7 and was mostly asymptomatic until she coughed blood. Her lung capacity decreased to just 30% of what she had. She was a thin, good looking, active girl, last time I remember seeing her (Iranian born in Germany).
@Myesyats wrote:<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr" xml:lang="en"><a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/BREAKING?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#BREAKING</a> European Medicines Agency (EMA) top official says there is link between AstraZeneca Covid vaccine and blood clots, but cause not clear <a href="https://t.co/Fb1qftFzS7">pic.twitter.com/Fb1qftFzS7</a></p>— AFP News Agency (@AFP) <a href="https://twitter.com/AFP/status/1379367965745950720?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">April 6, 2021</a></blockquote>

Stupid person, correlation isn't causation, he shouldn't go public with no clear evidence. The benefit is much greater than the damage caused. I'd rather have 0.00017 deaths per day than 200-300, just give the younger women Biontech and be done with it.
Babun
Babun
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Thu Apr 08, 2021 12:05 am

In argentina cases are exploding so their solution is to.... ban all cars between 0-6. What a joke Laughing
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Thu Apr 08, 2021 1:01 am

I felt pretty achy for about a day, the day after my second shot. Woke up the next day pretty much 100%

Well worth it. Bad for a day, but not miserable or anything. Felt nothing but arm soreness after the first dose. I got Moderna
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by Babun Thu Apr 08, 2021 10:47 am

@BarrileteCosmico wrote:In argentina cases are exploding so their solution is to.... ban all cars between 0-6. What a joke Laughing

Laughing
Seriously, Karl Lauterbach, an epidemiologist who everyone hates in Germany because all of his predictions have been true so far and Drosten are of the opinion the variants (British, African, Brazilian etc.) cannot be contained with the type of soft or semi lockdowns we've had. They said they studied the cases all around the world and came to the conclusion that only a short total lockdown followed by mass vaccinations can stop the spread of the variants long term which was alarming to me. Curfew between 8 p.m. and 5 a.m. in the morning is supposed to bring the infection rate down by 15-20%, the hopes were warm weather would bring the infection rate down by 20% more but we're having a second winter as of now (snowstorms with 3 grad celsius Laughing).

UK and Canada have got a big problem, they relied too much on Astrazeneca. According to the new studies, Astrazeneca is virtually useless againt the South African variant und shows reduced efficiancy vs the P1 from Brazil but still protects.  Furthermore, UK injected as many people as possible with the first jab by delaying the second one as much as possible. Without the second one though 12 weeks later, the protection starts to fall off. Currently, UK doesn't have enough reserves to ensure all of the 30+ million would get a second jab in time (There're studies going on in the EU whether Biontech or Moderna could be administred as the second jab after Astrazenca's first, this might help). Meanwhile, the number of cases with the South African variant are on an uprise in UK.
https://inews.co.uk/news/health/concerns-grow-over-covid-19-variants-following-a-sharp-increase-in-cases-946525

According to Karl Lauterbach again P1 from Brazil is the one with highest transmission and case fatality rates among them all. The infection happens just much more rapidly, the infected produce more virals therefore are more contagious than the other variants. P1 also manages to bypass immunity towards the original Wuhan virus and other variants so chances for a reinfection are really high. He refers to Manaus and all of Brazil, he also reiterated that P1 is very aggressive towards young folks and children which B.1.1.7 (the British variant) also does but not to that extent.

Interesting read:
https://thetyee.ca/Analysis/2021/04/05/P1-Variant-Poses-Threat-BC/

Last edited by Babun on Thu Apr 08, 2021 1:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
Babun
Babun
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Thu Apr 08, 2021 11:48 am

@BarrileteCosmico wrote:In argentina cases are exploding so their solution is to.... ban all cars between 0-6. What a joke Laughing

It exploded in Venezuela by now as well. A much worse situation than we see here in Europe. No working health system, no medical supplies, no vaccines, only a very soft "lockdown". Everyone can point to a relative, friend, or acquaintance that has died of covid or has suffered it severely. Even in private clincs (very good but very expensive) now patients have to wait inside ambulances in the parking lots until a bed is emptied in the clinic.
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Thu Apr 08, 2021 2:00 pm

got the astrazeneca today tongue
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Thu Apr 08, 2021 5:44 pm

@Firenze wrote:got the astrazeneca today tongue

how did you con them ffs.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Thu Apr 08, 2021 6:39 pm

@rincon wrote:

It exploded in Venezuela by now as well. A much worse situation than we see here in Europe. No working health system, no medical supplies, no vaccines, only a very soft "lockdown". Everyone can point to a relative, friend, or acquaintance that has died of covid or has suffered it severely. Even in private clincs (very good but very expensive) now patients have to wait inside ambulances in the parking lots until a bed is emptied in the clinic.
problem with the 3rd world is that out clinics and hospitals were already close to maxed out before covid . No buffer to stand against a pandemic
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Thu Apr 08, 2021 10:22 pm

@RealGunner wrote:

lol funnily enough I almost got turned away when I turned up for it today but one of the ppl at the vaccination centre was like nah like him through

my GP fast tracked me...I think? I called up about smth unrelated and mentioned that I drop off food and what not for my grandma (who is like 78 and vaccinated) and just asked when I could expect to be eligible for vaccination, my GP said she didn't think that'd elevate my priority for a vaccine but then like 3 days later I got a text from the NHS saying I could book a vaccination

they gave me a 5 minute promo on how astrazeneca's positivies outweigh the risks etc even though I kept saying yes I'm aware and I'm fine with getting it
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Babun Fri Apr 09, 2021 10:23 am

Vaccination news: Australian gouvernment is moaning because the EU isn't allowing Astrazeneca to export anything until they haven't fullfilled their due order towards the EU. Well, they could ask USA or GB, they both produce AZ and don't export anything Laughing
It looks like our mass vaccination campaign has started. We're expected to vaccinate 80% of the population by the end of july (80% Biontech, 10% AZ, 10% Moderna ).
The real problematic first world country seems to be Japan now. Only 1% of the population was given a jab up until now, there're no plans of mass vaccination due to the lack of vaccines, they're in the middle of a 4th wave in Osaka. It's just a question of time before the new wave will reach Tokyo. Taiwan and Hongkong are getting direct supply of Biontech from Germany and are doing rather well (at least 5% vaccinated in average). I don't know why Japan doesn't have a similar agreement with the EU.
@Firenze wrote:
@RealGunner wrote:

lol funnily enough I almost got turned away when I turned up for it today but one of the ppl at the vaccination centre was like nah like him through

my GP fast tracked me...I think? I called up about smth unrelated and mentioned that I drop off food and what not for my grandma (who is like 78 and vaccinated) and just asked when I could expect to be eligible for vaccination, my GP said she didn't think that'd elevate my priority for a vaccine but then like 3 days later I got a text from the NHS saying I could book a vaccination

they gave me a 5 minute promo on how astrazeneca's positivies outweigh the risks etc even though I kept saying yes I'm aware and I'm fine with getting it

I was starred at by old folks in the vaccination centre. In the waiting room after the jab, 90% of people were upwards of 75y old. You really stand out when you walk through as a slim, healthy individual through such a demography. At least, the docs were doing business as usual. Also, they had to fill in like 20 pages of paper, I had 5 formulars.
Babun
Babun
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Warrior Fri Apr 09, 2021 11:43 am

Mom is vaccinated and happy

Dad is stubborn and worries me. Not sure what he's on these days. He is anti-vax not for the conspiracy theories of autism 5G or whatever else, in fact he is totally unaware of social media debates. From what i understand he dislikes the weight of big pharmas in society and therefore is willing to risk his health on a matter of principles. He got leukemia although it's under control since many years it remains a medical condition. As if individual protest will change anything, how frustrating i know he knows better, still he cannot be convinced for now Laughing

For us youths we have to wait. In Canada we don't receive much vaccines or so it seems. I have not followed the covid news for a while now but on radio people complain that the government is useless blablabla... i quickly switch to sports channel

Nice news Firenze. You even catch the virus before if i recall now hopefully you are safe for good.
Warrior
Warrior
FORZA JUVE

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Babun Fri Apr 09, 2021 1:54 pm

The EU ordered 1.8 billion mRNA vaccines from Biontech, Moderna and Curevac for vaccination refresh and modified versions against the mutants. The conditions were the companies have to assemble virtually everything in the EU and have their main seats there, should be as independent as possible from the rest of the world. Only those three companies fullfill the condition.
Astrazeneca is royally f*cked now. There'll be no money from the EU or US for the development, production can only be done in the two UK sites or India.
Babun
Babun
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Sun Apr 11, 2021 12:49 pm

South African variant can 'break through' Pfizer vaccine, Israeli study says

https://mobile.reuters.com/article/amp/idUSKBN2BX0JZ

Well, hope it still provides some protection
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Sun Apr 11, 2021 1:37 pm

So apparently this whole affair could have been averted with just a little asthma spray, twice a day

great

well done medical world community

every amateur athlete is smarter than you are
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Sun Apr 11, 2021 1:46 pm

been a year...
are we still panicking over this psyop???
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by VivaStPauli Sun Apr 11, 2021 9:36 pm

@El Gunner wrote:been a year...
are we still panicking over this psyop???

Yeah, at least I am.
VivaStPauli
VivaStPauli
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC St. Pauli

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 19 of 21 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20, 21  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum