Myesyats
Thimmy
BarrileteCosmico
RealGunner
Babun
45 posters

Page 10 of 40 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 25 ... 40  Next

Go down

The Coronavirus Thread - Part 3 - Page 10 Empty Re: The Coronavirus Thread - Part 3

Post by BarrileteCosmico Tue Nov 10, 2020 6:16 pm

Lucifer wrote:Covid 19 positive Molenation
best of luck man, hope you have no/mild symptoms and you recover quickly

BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

The Coronavirus Thread - Part 3 - Page 10 Empty Re: The Coronavirus Thread - Part 3

Post by Thimmy Tue Nov 10, 2020 6:27 pm

The Coronavirus Thread - Part 3 - Page 10 Eae4fd10

Apparently, this is what our travel map would look like, if we had followed the UN’s guidelines for travel. Instead, we have very mild restrictions, and people can freely travel to Spain as long as they don’t mind being put in quarantine upon returning. I really don’t understand how our government can be so irresponsible. It’s a miracle that the situation isn’t much worse here.
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Tue Nov 10, 2020 9:42 pm

Take care Luci bhau. Please don't hold back if any symptom gets worse and please do call up the hospitals if it happens.

Now this is what the 4th-5th case of Covid on GL?
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Wed Nov 11, 2020 12:40 am

BarrileteCosmico wrote:In MA we are in 2nd wave mode as well. Back in August we hit a low of 100 cases, now we are at 1500 again. The governor has mandated mandatory face masks and lowered the limits for social gatherings, but it seems like a weak effort to me.

The big fear in the US is what happens during Thanksgiving and Christmas. These are inter-generational events where the grandparents could be exposed to the kids who have not taken the proper precautions, or have but are attending school/uni. With another month of exponential growth to look forward to it could be very bad.

WI with, what, half the population? And we've hit 7k a couple times recently. No days below 4000. Usually 5000-6000 right now.

It's stupid bad here
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Wed Nov 11, 2020 1:36 pm

Nishankly wrote:Take care Luci bhau. Please don't hold back if any symptom gets worse and please do call up the hospitals if it happens.

One in five coronavirus patients develop mental illness within 90 days

https://thehill.com/changing-america/well-being/longevity/525421-one-in-five-coronavirus-patients-develop-mental-illness

Statistically 1 of those is now mentally ill hmm
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Wed Nov 11, 2020 1:37 pm

CBarca wrote:
BarrileteCosmico wrote:In MA we are in 2nd wave mode as well. Back in August we hit a low of 100 cases, now we are at 1500 again. The governor has mandated mandatory face masks and lowered the limits for social gatherings, but it seems like a weak effort to me.

The big fear in the US is what happens during Thanksgiving and Christmas. These are inter-generational events where the grandparents could be exposed to the kids who have not taken the proper precautions, or have but are attending school/uni. With another month of exponential growth to look forward to it could be very bad.

WI with, what, half the population? And we've hit 7k a couple times recently. No days below 4000. Usually 5000-6000 right now.

It's stupid bad here
with cold weather back it will only get worse unfortunately
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Wed Nov 11, 2020 2:18 pm

Btw, didn't mean to downplay how bad things are getting in MA. Was just updating on WI

Cold weather + family gatherings are coming. Trevor Bedford on twitter did some back of the napkin calculations. In 22 days (Dec 2) we should be around 2100 deaths/day at the current rate. And increasing.

People don't seem to understand...it's about to get worse than the spring.

North Dakota is at 100% capacity. Northwest WI has hospitals at 100%. MN has been doing great...until now. MN is seeing a rapid acceleration.

Even NYC is seeing a slow tick upwards which, unless confronted now, will only get worse, and quickly.
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Wed Nov 11, 2020 3:19 pm

no worries, it wasn't read like that Smile

yeah hospital capacity is becoming a real concern again. And unlike during the spring, people are now back to getting regular care, which consumes hospital resources as well.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by VivaStPauli Wed Nov 11, 2020 7:41 pm

BarrileteCosmico wrote:
Nishankly wrote:Take care Luci bhau. Please don't hold back if any symptom gets worse and please do call up the hospitals if it happens.

One in five coronavirus patients develop mental illness within 90 days

https://thehill.com/changing-america/well-being/longevity/525421-one-in-five-coronavirus-patients-develop-mental-illness

Statistically 1 of those is now mentally ill hmm

I've read two articles on that now, and I don't get where the "one in five" number comes from, I read that Corona patients have like double the chance to develop symptoms of mental illness compared to the flu, but that only added up to like a less than 4% chance.

Edit: Meh now I've got it, the shy of 4% were just for anxiety, and if you add up depression insomnia etc you end up at over 18%, which is nearly one in five. Got it.
VivaStPauli
VivaStPauli
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC St. Pauli

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Wed Nov 11, 2020 8:32 pm

Seems to me like a control group would also have 1/5 people developing those symptoms just from living in a lockdown alone, so wonder how they accounted for that
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by VivaStPauli Wed Nov 11, 2020 8:34 pm

BarrileteCosmico wrote:Seems to me like a control group would also have 1/5 people developing those symptoms just from living in a lockdown alone, so wonder how they accounted for that

In the German article I read the scientist they interviewed said they didn't, and one should take that into consideration before blowing the preliminary results out of proportion, so you might have a point.
VivaStPauli
VivaStPauli
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Wed Nov 11, 2020 10:52 pm

VivaStPauli wrote:
BarrileteCosmico wrote:Seems to me like a control group would also have 1/5 people developing those symptoms just from living in a lockdown alone, so wonder how they accounted for that

In the German article I read the scientist they interviewed said they didn't, and one should take that into consideration before blowing the preliminary results out of proportion, so you might have a point.

If that's true then this doesn't really mean anything lol
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by FennecFox7 Wed Nov 11, 2020 11:04 pm

Right, let’s just lockdown the whole country for another 2 or 3 years and waste every young persons life because people need daddy government to make decisions for them.
FennecFox7
FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Thu Nov 12, 2020 9:52 am

FennecFox7 wrote:Right, let’s just lockdown the whole country for another 2 or 3 years and waste every young persons life because people need daddy government to make decisions for them.

I love that you are 24 and saying something this refreshing compared to your peers in your demographic.

Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Thu Nov 12, 2020 12:15 pm

I love that fennec is projecting something that literally no one else here is saying.

Would really be helpful if people argued in good faith.

Also, things are about to get worse but no need to get so down, a vaccine is on the way. Several, probably. The end is near. But maybe people don't go see their grandparents for Thanksgiving and kill them, but that's their choice.
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by Babun Thu Nov 12, 2020 1:00 pm

FennecFox7 wrote:Right, let’s just lockdown the whole country for another 2 or 3 years and waste every young persons life because  people need daddy government to make decisions for them.

Well, mostly the young and very old ( funny enough but true ) don't follow the rules of physical distancing. If they did the measures wouldn't be necessary in the first place or not in a such compromising way.

Depressed people become more depressed/suicidal the more they're left alone by themselves.
CBarca wrote:
Cold weather + family gatherings are coming. Trevor Bedford on twitter did some back of the napkin calculations.

People stay mostly indoors due to the cold weather. Indoor activity = more Wuhan virus cases.
Lucifer wrote:Covid 19 positive Molenation

Get well soon.

All in all, I'm doing very well with my load of FPP2/3 masks and an ultraviolet lamp to desinfect them (I live and work in a red zone). By now, I know two people who had Wuhan virus, personally (didn't happen during the first wave).
Babun
Babun
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Thu Nov 12, 2020 1:28 pm

Since this is a futbol forum afterall.

Dybala:"COVID denies are like Flatearthers"

Quite a stretch but he has a point.

Generally you don't find such deniers without points such as the usual conspiracist "One controls all" "Elites are evil" bullshit. Similar to Climate Change deniers.

I do agree with Babun on his point on being outdoors along with the benefits of the sun I so strongly recommend to everyone, (speaking from personal experience) that I will hound you all until you get out, with the correct situational measures of course.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Thu Nov 12, 2020 2:16 pm

1 in 10 people have an IQ of 83 or less

There are the Covid deniers right there.

We will finally be able to relax if we get the vaccine to healthcare workers on the front line and senior citizens at the very least.

Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Thu Nov 12, 2020 2:53 pm

Does anyone have any concerns of taking a Vaccine that is to arrive this early?

Personally Im down to take it even if considered foolish.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Babun Thu Nov 12, 2020 4:16 pm

Arquitecto wrote:
I do agree with Babun on his point on being outdoors along with the benefits of the sun I so strongly recommend to everyone, (speaking from personal experience) that I will hound you all until you get out, with the correct situational measures of course.

I'm fully equiped by decathlon  eco smile  (bought winter footballer wear, woody gymnastic rings etc.)
I install my rings onto a huge tree branch next to my home then go in interval circuit of sprints, ring pullups, rope skipping, ring pushups nonstop without a break. It's quite fun  eco smile  You won't see me in the gym again any time soon.
Myesyats wrote:1 in 10 people have an IQ of 83 or less

There are the Covid deniers right there.

We will finally be able to relax if we get the vaccine to healthcare workers on the front line and senior citizens at the very least.

1 in 10 doesn't sound much but in case of 80 millions, you'll have 800000 of them roaming around. That's a LOT, enough to uproot any meaningful measure or a rule.
Babun
Babun
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by VivaStPauli Thu Nov 12, 2020 5:46 pm

Arquitecto wrote:Does anyone have any concerns of taking a Vaccine that is to arrive this early?

Depends. I'd be a lot more open to take a mRNA one like the Pfizer candidate than one derived from dead virus cells the old school way.
VivaStPauli
VivaStPauli
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by FennecFox7 Thu Nov 12, 2020 8:52 pm

Arquitecto wrote:
FennecFox7 wrote:Right, let’s just lockdown the whole country for another 2 or 3 years and waste every young persons life because people need daddy government to make decisions for them.

I love that you are 24 and saying something this refreshing compared to your peers in your demographic.

The thing is that unfortunately the lockdowns have barely helped or not helped at all. People tend to not do what you tell them to do @Babun. At this point it’s too little too late. Time for life to move on as normal.

You could say I’m not ACTUALLY opposed to a lockdown, but it’s time to be realistic, a lockdown isn’t gonna help at this point and it will do much more harm, I’m just being a realist and saying an uncomfortable truth; the virus will never leave us.
FennecFox7
FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Thu Nov 12, 2020 9:31 pm

Why would lockdowns not help at this point? What about this point in particular makes it different that would make them ineffective?
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Thu Nov 12, 2020 10:11 pm

rincon wrote:Why would lockdowns not help at this point? What about this point in particular makes it different that would make them ineffective?
that people are sick of lockdowns and would ignore them. That even if they followed them, it would lead people to meet indoors at houses, where transmission rates are higher than meeting at an outside bar or something.

Measures should be aimed at points of high transmission (indoor dining, churches, hotels, gyms, etc) but going back to full lockdowns would be a mistake and generate more harm than not.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Fri Nov 13, 2020 9:18 am

BarrileteCosmico wrote:
rincon wrote:Why would lockdowns not help at this point? What about this point in particular makes it different that would make them ineffective?
that people are sick of lockdowns and would ignore them. That even if they followed them, it would lead people to meet indoors at houses, where transmission rates are higher than meeting at an outside bar or something.

Measures should be aimed at points of high transmission (indoor dining, churches, hotels, gyms, etc) but going back to full lockdowns would be a mistake and generate more harm than not.

What is the evidence that people would ignore them? That sounds location specific.

Here Covid exploded a few weeks ago after months of little measures. So ~2 weeks ago the lockdown came back into force and we are already seeing the benefits. Just as it happened with the first lockdown.

Belgian hospitals record lowest number of new Covid-19 patients since 19 October

This will prevent a humanitarian crisis as hospitals were full and the death toll was rising exponentially. As sick of the lockdown as people may be, they follow it to a good degree and it works.

I don't see how the thread is made that people will meet indoors more if they are told to not meet at home. You will have people who simply won't care about the measures and will continue to meet at home like always, and you will have people that do care about the measures that won't meet at home. The number of indoor gatherings should always be lower in the end.

"Measures should be aimed at points of high transmission (indoor dining, churches, hotels, gyms, etc)"

This is precisely what a lockdown targets. Basically any public gathering place is closed, you can still go to any restaurant and get take out, to shops, or services, or to simply go outside and hang out with your close contacts. What you cannot is gather as a group, either outside or inside.
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Nov 13, 2020 9:52 am

VivaStPauli wrote:
Arquitecto wrote:Does anyone have any concerns of taking a Vaccine that is to arrive this early?

Depends. I'd be a lot more open to take a mRNA one like the Pfizer candidate than one derived from dead virus cells the old school way.

yea i would be down for the one like Pfizer as well. though something like this would be awesome https://asia.nikkei.com/Spotlight/Coronavirus/Japanese-scientists-turn-to-silkworms-for-COVID-19-vaccine

also which i didnt know that regardless if imported vaccine * in which it is currently in phase 3 nearing approval status, here we have policies to do trial from start on our own population before deemed safe.

i think over time there would be even better run successful trials and vaccine available.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 40 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 25 ... 40  Next