Myesyats
Thimmy
BarrileteCosmico
RealGunner
Babun
45 posters

Page 8 of 40 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 24 ... 40  Next

Go down

The Coronavirus Thread - Part 3 - Page 8 Empty Re: The Coronavirus Thread - Part 3

Post by Adit Sun Oct 25, 2020 5:49 am

Zagadka wrote:Few days of PISS at work here in Poland

- ban abortion even if the child is missing an organ and wouldn't live anyways after being born

- shut down all cafes, restaurants, bars against the promise made earlier. when asked if there is a scientific fact and reasoning behind spread in gastronomy, the answer was: "well people get infected in the weddings and you know there is a lot of eating and drinking there."

Hopefully there will be mass protests in the coming days....Gonna attend!

Clown World....where is free? Ukraine? Vietnam? Belarus? Sweden sadly not an option it's way too expensive.

How are you able to move around so easily?

I mean is that so easy to move countries on a financial and cultural stand point of view?

Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

http://www.realmadridfootballblog.com

Back to top Go down

The Coronavirus Thread - Part 3 - Page 8 Empty Re: The Coronavirus Thread - Part 3

Post by Zagadka Sun Oct 25, 2020 6:14 am

^ I've been stuck in Poland for over a year now bro, haven't even been able to travel to Prague for a weekend Very Happy

Culturally I'm used to Slavs since I speak their languages (both Polish and Russian)....so Ukraine/Belarus/Russia isn't a new culture or shock for me. it'd be more of a culture shock if moving to Denmark or Germany let's say or even Turkey.
Zagadka
Zagadka
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Sun Oct 25, 2020 8:01 am

Fuck, respect to Sep for speaking Polish.

Ive struggled through learning Russian for five years now as it is a struggle until it just....clicks (just like Deutsch) but Polish is ungodly difficult.

Lets not even mention Czech (which has 17 cases Laughing )
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Sun Oct 25, 2020 10:47 am

El Gunner wrote:yea the world has never seen as many protests as this year
protests all over Africa the past few months as well

THE PEOPLE are waking up, ready to overthrow the elites bounce

The Coronavirus Thread - Part 3 - Page 8 5p19nufvu3v51

Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by FennecFox7 Sun Oct 25, 2020 1:05 pm

My home country has had peaceful protests for a secular government, and there’s been almost no media coverage. The elite don’t want an Algeria to happen or a Nigeria, cause then it shows that these countries can topple the criminals bankrolled by the west if they succeed. There’s nowhere to hide for these scumbags.
FennecFox7
FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Sun Oct 25, 2020 3:23 pm

Same bro. People are spraypainting churches this weekend too. I would love a religious war not gonna lie

Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre Sun Oct 25, 2020 11:39 pm

Well civil war at Naples some days ago when the  President of the Region had announced a new lockdown ( then he recanted it).
Same scenes in Sicily now.
First lockdown was accompanied from a general acceptation of the fact. But new restrictive measures are taking first disorders in Italy ( and extreme right forces wallow on it, taking advantage of the ppl's discontent. It happened even in Berlin).
It's a bad situation ... too many people think they will lose everything and they are becoming desperate. ... let's add those who have an interest to fan the flames. It 's  always been evident that  it would have happen in the case of  second lockdown, or even just for the harbingers of it.
I fear  scenario of anarchy and disintegration and in certain sides of Italy a situation  comparable with Albania '97.
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Mon Oct 26, 2020 3:35 pm

Zagadka wrote:Few days of PISS at work here in Poland

- ban abortion even if the child is missing an organ and wouldn't live anyways after being born

Police joined the protests in Krakow :bow: I hope you're out the on the street in Wroclaw man

Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Mon Oct 26, 2020 6:53 pm

10 hospitals in Belgium are asking asymptomatic doctors with covid to keep on working as healthcare capacity is being pushed to the limit, according to the BBC.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Wed Oct 28, 2020 8:53 pm

Yay! Second lockdown in France. This year has been a waste. Delete pls
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Wed Oct 28, 2020 10:23 pm

how serious?
working from home now?
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Babun Thu Oct 29, 2020 9:18 am

Partial lockdown in Germany starting november 2nd. I went shopping in the morning before training, the shelves were swept empty..
Babun
Babun
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by VivaStPauli Fri Oct 30, 2020 8:38 pm

Babun wrote:Partial lockdown in Germany starting november 2nd. I went shopping in the morning before training, the shelves were swept empty..

Went shopping today, shelves well stocked all around Heidelberg, I think the "Hamsterkäufe" are localized for now, you probably can just wait a few hours and the markets will have restocked. No real shortages.

Real lockdown will start on the 4th, supposedly for November for now. Something had to be done, but what exactly they're doing now just seems populist. I'll patiently wait and see, because what else would I do?

Hope you're alright in your part of the country!
VivaStPauli
VivaStPauli
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC St. Pauli

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Fri Oct 30, 2020 10:50 pm

Lockdown coming in the UK too
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Fri Oct 30, 2020 11:46 pm

Lockdown in Belgium from Monday
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Warrior Sat Oct 31, 2020 12:01 am

Lockdown as it was in march/april ?

Shit, i hope we don't follow this. Here we have a semi-lockdown. No family/friend reunions, mask is mandatory when you enter a closed space, but most stores and outdoor activities are still available.

Is it not too late for these measures anyway ? I mean the second wave seems well installed almost everywhere hmm It's been 8 months now, the consequences to the population's mental health in general should also be taken into account, they are not to be neglected
Warrior
Warrior
FORZA JUVE

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Sat Oct 31, 2020 12:04 am

It cannot be "too late" because if no actions are taken things just continue to get exponentially worse. Its extremely necessary at this point. With the (predictable) explosion of cases the heath system will soon be overrun. If no strict measures are applied then we will have a repeat of the number of deaths as in the spring  or worse. The more the lockdown is delayed, the more people will die due to hospitals resources shortages.

It should have come earlier, but now is still better than in 2 weeks. If no action is taken then cases will just continue to rise and we will be back to speak about thousands of avoidable deaths.
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Warrior Sat Oct 31, 2020 2:26 am

Yes you have a better point of view

Covid now bores the hell out of me, probably i should feel bad for it
Warrior
Warrior
FORZA JUVE

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sat Oct 31, 2020 10:09 am

The death toll here in the UK is predicted to be far worse than how it was in spring so a lockdown is essential for us. Might not be as bad in Canada.

It's awful but necessary.

Sadly i can't see it getting better till 2022
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warrior Sat Oct 31, 2020 11:43 am

Active cases and total deaths (in this order)

Ontario is the most populated province by a large margin. Maritimes have basically avoided the pandemic. Quebec is the statistical anomaly.

The Coronavirus Thread - Part 3 - Page 8 Canada10
The Coronavirus Thread - Part 3 - Page 8 Canada11

But then i saw UK has 24K new cases yesterday Shocked France 50K and Belgium 25K !!! Shocked No wonder they are freaking out, yes total lockdown is probably more advised
Warrior
Warrior
FORZA JUVE

Back to top Go down

Post by Babun Sat Oct 31, 2020 12:53 pm

VivaStPauli wrote:
Babun wrote:Partial lockdown in Germany starting november 2nd. I went shopping in the morning before training, the shelves were swept empty..

Went shopping today, shelves well stocked all around Heidelberg, I think the "Hamsterkäufe" are localized for now, you probably can just wait a few hours and the markets will have restocked. No real shortages.

Real lockdown will start on the 4th, supposedly for November for now. Something had to be done, but what exactly they're doing now just seems populist. I'll patiently wait and see, because what else would I do?

Hope you're alright in your part of the country!

Hamburg, we've got Reformationstag, too. All shops are closed where I am Mad
I'm also of the opinion the new soft lockdown is somehow kneejerked because "something had to be done". The restaurants and other public locations invested thousands of euro into hygiene concepts to keep their businesses running. They were all swept aside without making a difference between the good or bad ones for the hope Wuhan virus will go away like in March which is pretty naive thiking. I really hope the situation will work out somehow but my ratio tells me the weather is much more important. Starting march it got warmer, approaching december I expect very cold weather. My dad asked my opinion about the new measures, I told him "schlimmer kanns nunmehr nicht werden" (the situation can't get any worse) Laughing
rincon wrote:It cannot be "too late" because if no actions are taken things just continue to get exponentially worse. Its extremely necessary at this point. With the (predictable) explosion of cases the heath system will soon be overrun. If no strict measures are applied then we will have a repeat of the number of deaths as in the spring  or worse. The more the lockdown is delayed, the more people will die due to hospitals resources shortages.

It should have come earlier, but now is still better than in 2 weeks. If no action is taken then cases will just continue to rise and we will be back to speak about thousands of avoidable deaths.

Belgium and France are on the verge of losing all of the little control they have over the pandemic. A month long lockdown is a must, no questions about it.
Babun
Babun
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Sat Oct 31, 2020 1:04 pm

No lockdown in sight here, for now. The city I live in is experiencing the fastest increase of infections in the country, though. Teenagers are partying more than they did pre-Covid, and they’re not even trying to hide it anymore.

I really wish we hadn’t opened up our borders briefly back in the summer, because we seemed to have the situation under control, to a much greater extent than the vast majority of countries in the world, prior to that occurring.

During that brief time when our borders were open, there were quite a few, very public controversies, including cruise ships hiring staff from various, Eastern European countries who coincidentally had the infection.  It’s so tragic, it’s almost a bit funny.
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Sat Oct 31, 2020 1:08 pm

Studies here suggest case numbers are actually somewhere between 45,000 and 90,000 per day. The leaked "worst case scenario" is 85,000 deaths over winter, hence the u-turn on another national lockdown.

Currently, the plan is to close non-essential businesses but keep schools, colleges and universities open. The furlough scheme will be replaced with a far less generous system so people are going to be out-of-pocket even more than they were the first time. Due to that, I foresee a lot of resistance to this one. We already saw the mayor of Manchester resist stricter restrictions due to lack of financial support and the Greater Manchester area basically had to be forced into it.

The local lockdowns haven't worked as well as they hoped. So much of the country is already in tier 3 (the highest) and many other counties are joining them. At this point, a blanket lockdown seems necessary because clearly something ain't working.

Data suggests the 16-24 age group are the most infected and there's a rise in secondary school age kids (11-16). The 16-24 age has a lot of retail workers, public facing jobs, and uni students, so that explains that one.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Sat Oct 31, 2020 1:20 pm

Jay29 wrote:Studies here suggest case numbers are actually somewhere between 45,000 and 90,000 per day.

We had 499 registered, new infections in Norway yesterday, which is the highest rate of registered infections since we started registering them. 45-90k daily infections is insane.
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Sat Oct 31, 2020 1:32 pm

Officially it's about 25k per day, but that number tends to cover symptomatic people mostly. Studies that have looked into asymptomatics as well estimate the number is a lot higher, within that 45k-90k range.

Since the UK still isn't doing large scale testing, those asymptomatics are going about their lives infecting people. This partly explains the virus going out of control on a national scale once again.

We've got three main data sources:

1) Official gov figures

2) The survey conducted by the Office of National Statistics and Imperial College London, which take a random sample of the nation (my family and I were a part of the ONS survey)

3) The King's College app, where people log their own symptoms

They all give different outputs, so it's unclear here what the true number is. Personally, the King's College data is the most useful to me because it gives an idea on how many are suffering symptoms, so you can take precautions if need be instead of waiting for testing.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sat Oct 31, 2020 2:06 pm

What's really interesting to me is how many currently infected were also infected in the 1st wave. Do we really have a whole new set of people with corona? I mean if infected are 90k at worst then surely many are also those who were infected previously?

I was out earlier and the weather is horrendous but despite that it looked absolutely normal with traffic and people going about. I can't see this national lockdown to be as disciplined as the last one.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 40 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 24 ... 40  Next