The Coronavirus Thread - Part 3

Page 7 of 24 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 15 ... 24  Next

Go down

The Coronavirus Thread - Part 3 - Page 7 Empty Re: The Coronavirus Thread - Part 3

Post by Myesyats Fri Oct 16, 2020 11:08 am

Yeah rapid rise in cases in Poland too because of the gvmt being stupid, the rise kinda correlates with schools re-opening tho, so they're closing schools, gyms etc.

Schools should have never re-opened after the summer, I talked about this in august smh

Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

The Coronavirus Thread - Part 3 - Page 7 Empty Re: The Coronavirus Thread - Part 3

Post by Zagadka Fri Oct 16, 2020 11:31 am

I can't believe they are closing the gyms again :facepalm:

Not a single case of community transmission that I am aware of....a place to get strong and healthier, almost exclusively for the younger people at little risk.

It really feels as the gov'ts around the world just copy each other like monkeys without any independent oversight.

Bill Gates said a few days ago it'll take 4 to 10+ years to get back to complete normal and levels of late 2019 (in terms of social life, bring the poverty rate back down - this has wiped off 20 years of work and improvement, and getting rid of all the annoying inconveniences of this)
Zagadka
Zagadka
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Fri Oct 16, 2020 11:52 am

@Myesyats wrote:
Schools should have never re-opened after the summer, I talked about this in august smh

That is easy to say for someone who doesn't have kids tbh

Not so easy for parents
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Fri Oct 16, 2020 1:08 pm

https://ourworldindata.org/coronavirus-data-explorer?zoomToSelection=true&time=2020-02-18..2020-10-15&country=USA~EuropeanUnion®ion=World&casesMetric=true&interval=smoothed&perCapita=true&smoothing=7&pickerMetric=total_cases&pickerSort=desc

EU surpasses the US in New cases
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Fri Oct 16, 2020 2:14 pm

@Hapless_Hans wrote:
@Myesyats wrote:

Not so easy for parents

thats why primary schools are not closing, only higher education and universities

little kids are still going, although they could tell them to stay home too and organize some safe space in schools for those whose parents are both working and can't stay home with them
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Atletico Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Fri Oct 16, 2020 2:47 pm

I'm a teacher at a school that is doing a hybrid model right now. Students are split in half via last name. Wednesday is virtual. Half the students are at school Monday, Tuesday and half are at school Thursday, Friday. However the structure of our classes is mostly online and I'm with my own cohort every day (kind of like primary school).

We've had cases each week except the first two. However, we've had no big outbreaks. Hard to say if those cases were transmitted at school or elsewhere. Our system really limits the # of students in a room and everyone wears masks and stays 6 feet apart (well, we try).

I was pretty apprehensive but cautiously optimistic about our model, and I've been mostly happy with it so far.

I really do think high schools (and elementary/middle) can stay open with enough safeguards put in place, and they should stay open if possible.
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Fri Oct 16, 2020 2:47 pm

I agree universities should be online. University of Wisconsin campuses opening were almost certainly seeding events for the entire state.
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Fri Oct 16, 2020 5:56 pm

Brilliant read on the fall of the CDC:

McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by Babun Fri Oct 16, 2020 6:04 pm

@Zagadka wrote:I can't believe they are closing the gyms again :facepalm:

I was forced to train outside during the first lockdown and noticed that fresh air and no space constraints improved my gainz+conditioning much more than all the time I spent in a confined, stinky gym. The only things missing were squats, deadlifts and military presses. I bought the said equipment  and I feel much stronger than before (not kidding, measurably stronger).
Spoiler:
The Coronavirus Thread - Part 3 - Page 7 Lt19bq10
@BarrileteCosmico wrote:https://ourworldindata.org/coronavirus-data-explorer?zoomToSelection=true&time=2020-02-18..2020-10-15&country=USA~EuropeanUnion&region=World&casesMetric=true&interval=smoothed&perCapita=true&smoothing=7&pickerMetric=total_cases&pickerSort=desc

EU surpasses the US in New cases

FPP3 masks cost 60€ per pc again. I noticed people cover their noses properly. The fear is real. I'm in lockdown mode (bought grocery for 3 weeks, desinfectants, soap and other stuff).

@schools
The separate class system is working (Hamburg). Hardly any infections in the schools as of now. The more dangerous part is supposed to be the gathering of pupils in front of the school in the morning before the gates open and overfilled busses between 7.30 and 8.00 am. Both were countered with earlier entrance and more bus frequency. Universities should go online and they do so.
Babun
Babun
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Babun Mon Oct 19, 2020 10:26 am

@Myesyats wrote:
@Hapless_Hans wrote:
@Myesyats wrote:

Not so easy for parents

thats why primary schools are not closing, only higher education and universities

little kids are still going, although they could tell them to stay home too and organize some safe space in schools for those whose parents are both working and can't stay home with them

What's up with the dramatic increase in Poland? I know one half elected PIS but the other half in the cities should consist of smart people.
Babun
Babun
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Mon Oct 19, 2020 12:46 pm

Wales going into a two-week lockdown from Friday. Will be interesting to see how effective it is and do people obey the rules.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Mon Oct 19, 2020 1:22 pm

@Babun wrote:
@Myesyats wrote:
@Hapless_Hans wrote:

Not so easy for parents

What's up with the dramatic increase in Poland? I know one half elected PIS but the other half in the cities should consist of smart people.

PiS spent the last 6 months attacking our judiciary system while trying to fill every position with their muppets, for a month they had a little turmoil inside the party, then they gave themselves some financial bonuses and shifted the blame for any wrongdoings to everyone but them.

Now PiS has appointed a man who is of the opinion that women's role in society should be reduced to solely child-bearing and *obviously* also denounced LGBT as a harmful ideology,  as the minister of education.

Basically they're more concenred with political games than ensuring there is enough beds and ventilators in hospitals. This has been the story of our country for too long, let peasants die as long as I keep the power etc etc.
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Mon Oct 19, 2020 1:30 pm

Belgium back in (a slightly softer) lockdown starting today.

Good that its done, should have been done a couple of weeks ago. Cases are exploding here.
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Mon Oct 19, 2020 6:13 pm

For the laughs: Police drag priest, who was barred from conducting mass altogether for being a shithead, out of the building after he organized one against new Covid rules. This is what Poland is like if you were wondering rofl

watch till the end if you want to see the priest dragged on the floor

Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Zagadka Mon Oct 19, 2020 8:03 pm

Wow...perhaps the most shocking Covid death so far.

Ukraine's top personal trainer and Instagram celebrity (power couple) dead at 33 only a few days after catching covid.

Dima Stuzhuk....

I've definitely been more of a covid-skeptic in this thread, but I always want to keep an open mind, and this has really shook me. wow, really makes you think.
Zagadka
Zagadka
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Mon Oct 19, 2020 8:19 pm

if you die, you die
jesus christ
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Mon Oct 19, 2020 8:40 pm

@Zagadka wrote:Wow...perhaps the most shocking Covid death so far.

Ukraine's top personal trainer and Instagram celebrity (power couple) dead at 33 only a few days after catching covid.

Dima Stuzhuk....

I've definitely been more of a covid-skeptic in this thread, but I always want to keep an open mind, and this has really shook me. wow, really makes you think.

Googled it and it's notable that he died from heart complications (brought on by covid), not from lung failure or immune system overdrive which are the leading causes as far as I know. This bitch can kill in many ways.

I seem to remember, though, that heart failure might be the main cause of death in younger people's covid deaths, not sure if I remember that right.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Warrior Mon Oct 19, 2020 8:45 pm

I just google the name... he was on juice, perhaps ? This can destroy your health from the inside. Or maybe he just had big muscles and this is totally random.

This was the most shocking victim for me: https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/montreal/quebec-covid-death-19-year-old-1.5694520
19 years old, athlete, no medical record, he was in coma for a month before passing away

Covid seems to be a roll of the dice, but not always, it's confusing
Warrior
Warrior
FORZA JUVE

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Babun Tue Oct 20, 2020 9:09 am

Dima Stuzhuk....

Probably doped with a wreacked heart. Wuhan virus is a heart discease in actuality. Most professional athletes have got "worn out" hearts. You can't compare them to an average jogger or a couch potato who lifts sometimes.
Babun
Babun
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Zagadka Sat Oct 24, 2020 7:31 am

Few days of PISS at work here in Poland

- ban abortion even if the child is missing an organ and wouldn't live anyways after being born

- shut down all cafes, restaurants, bars against the promise made earlier. when asked if there is a scientific fact and reasoning behind spread in gastronomy, the answer was: "well people get infected in the weddings and you know there is a lot of eating and drinking there."

Hopefully there will be mass protests in the coming days....Gonna attend!

Clown World....where is free? Ukraine? Vietnam? Belarus? Sweden sadly not an option it's way too expensive.
Zagadka
Zagadka
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Sat Oct 24, 2020 9:14 am

PIS knows these are the last years of their party so they're pushing every nonsense policy through even without public approval they don't give a shit.

I swear i've never seen so many protests in one year in a global pandemic no less!

The Coronavirus Thread - Part 3 - Page 7 ElDedmkXEAImET5?format=jpg&name=large
The Coronavirus Thread - Part 3 - Page 7 ElCWG7cXUAAmsDd?format=jpg&name=medium
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Babun Sat Oct 24, 2020 10:51 am

Rightwing populist parties are like people: one sees their worst/best side during a crisis. PiS doesn't have a chocolate side to begin with, more like brown sh*t.

Meanwhile in Germany:
The AFD etc. are blaming the gouvernment for restrictions and too much testing Laughing In actuality, restrictions in Germany are very lax, mostly reliang on people to follow RKI (German CDC) guidelines. People aren't stupid, we take the measures in our hands by wearing masks, resticting contacts to meeting outside etc. Then you have instagram like attention seekers who complain about the lack of private life parties and meeting up with friends all the time. Well, we're in the middle of a crisis, they had unlimited access to all resources all of their life, can't restrain themsevlves for some months for their own sake Laughing
From the point of view of sane people over here, we regard them as turkeys celebrating thanksgiving. And no, no police stands at their door to order them around Laughing

France is managing second wave worse than Belgium. Belgiums ex prime minister is in intensive care due to the Wuhan virus.
Babun
Babun
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Sat Oct 24, 2020 11:48 am

yea the world has never seen as many protests as this year
protests all over Africa the past few months as well

THE PEOPLE are waking up, ready to overthrow the elites bounce
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by FennecFox7 Sat Oct 24, 2020 2:44 pm

@Babun wrote:

Dima Stuzhuk....

Probably doped with a wreacked heart. Wuhan virus is a heart discease in actuality. Most professional athletes have got "worn out" hearts. You can't compare them to an average jogger or a couch potato who lifts sometimes.

They are all on the juice. EQ and Tren isn’t good for your heart and health. Lots of these fitness guys do rec drugs on top of the steroids. That’s the killer right there
FennecFox7
FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Sun Oct 25, 2020 1:45 am

@Babun wrote:Rightwing populist parties are like people: one sees their worst/best side during a crisis. PiS doesn't have a chocolate side to begin with, more like brown sh*t.

The protests are only starting to gain momentum. PiSS is contemplating whether to introduce a state of emergency. People are trying to force their way into the party leader's home which is guarded heavily by police of course, who are being paid from our fucking taxdollar... Someone really needs to sacrifice themself and shot down this fucker.

Imagine pushing through an abortion ban in the middle of record Covid cases. They knew people would go out on the streets, everything is a game and nothing seems real.
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Adit Sun Oct 25, 2020 5:49 am

@Zagadka wrote:Few days of PISS at work here in Poland

- ban abortion even if the child is missing an organ and wouldn't live anyways after being born

- shut down all cafes, restaurants, bars against the promise made earlier. when asked if there is a scientific fact and reasoning behind spread in gastronomy, the answer was: "well people get infected in the weddings and you know there is a lot of eating and drinking there."

Hopefully there will be mass protests in the coming days....Gonna attend!

Clown World....where is free? Ukraine? Vietnam? Belarus? Sweden sadly not an option it's way too expensive.

How are you able to move around so easily?

I mean is that so easy to move countries on a financial and cultural stand point of view?
Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Borussia Mönchengladbach

http://www.realmadridfootballblog.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 24 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 15 ... 24  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum