CBarca
El Gunner
Warrior
Robespierre
Freeza
19 posters

Page 36 of 40 Previous  1 ... 19 ... 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40  Next

Go down

The Official Dwayne Wade <<<<<< you thread - Page 36 Empty Re: The Official Dwayne Wade <<<<<< you thread

Post by The Franchise Fri Mar 05, 2021 11:16 am

Some solid points in there I really agree with.

I think the Lakers are worse and I said this at the time everyone was gushing over their moves.

Gasol is a big body and great passer, but you get him in the pick and roll and its an automatic good look. Howard and even Mcgee werent great in this aspect, but at least if you switch it their length and reactions can deter players.

Rondo brought a level headedness to the team and while at this point Schröder is the better individual, Rondo is the better championship player. He understands the game far better.

Green was awful but Matthews isnt any better.

Trez cant defend any legit big nor space the floor.

Lebron and AD are going to do what they do, no doubt, but they have to be better than last season where really they got a free ride all the way. Going against the beat down injury hit HEAT, defenceless Nuggets and the ultra limited Rockets and Blazers has to be the easiest path I can remember in years. It surely wont be as easy this time around and I see dont know the true ceiling on this team.

Suns and Utah, some interesting takes which Id buy into. I think the Clippers are totally unreliable. On paper they are supposed to be an elite defence, but on the court its absolutely average. Kahwi has become undisciplined without Pop shouting at him and Way off P hasnt played consistent good D since Melo on the Knicks which feels like a decade ago. No play makers, nobody who is a pass first player...honestly its a mess. Ibaka and even Batum are good moves but dont address enough issues. I think they cant be worse than last year but I cant see this team being champs. Would trading for Lowry help?

In the East, 76ers vs Nets is the only thing im intrested. It seems the Nets have 1 weapon too many. Simmons can slow down Kyrie or Harden, but not both. I assume Embiid will have a field day but I cant see Harris matching KD. Bucks and Miami are obvious real threats but I dont think the supporting casts are strong enough for Butler/Bam nor Giannis. Additionally, I dont have faith in the Greek Freak. His game is too limited and too pre programmed.

The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

The Official Dwayne Wade <<<<<< you thread - Page 36 Empty Re: The Official Dwayne Wade <<<<<< you thread

Post by El Gunner Fri Mar 05, 2021 11:59 am

El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Fri Mar 05, 2021 1:24 pm

DAMN, i hope this happens for either team. Vuc probably isn't the best defensive centre, but he is one of the best offensive ones in the league

El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Fri Mar 05, 2021 2:22 pm

Celtics desperately need something. I dont know if this is it, but this cannot continue. All these years of build up cant be for Tatum, Brown and the corpse of Kemba surrounded by average role players.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Fri Mar 05, 2021 2:48 pm

Danny Wenger gonna say " we almost traded for about 10 guys" and not actually do any of them.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Fri Mar 05, 2021 3:05 pm

Reading through, Mole since when Pels became your team?

Also, are you annoyed as I am that the ball isnt in Zion's hands enough?

And why cant this team defend at all?
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Fri Mar 05, 2021 3:07 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:Danny Wenger gonna say " we almost traded for about 10 guys" and not actually do any of them.

cryin, just realised the similarity
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Fri Mar 05, 2021 4:03 pm

The Franchise wrote:Reading through, Mole since when Pels became your team?

Also, are you annoyed as I am that the ball isnt in Zion's hands enough?

And why cant this team defend at all?

Early during AD tenure, I'm gonna say the season OKC missed the playoffs because Westbrook and Durant was injured.

In fairness over the last 6 weeks Zion has had the ball in his hands way more and coincidentally I'm pretty sure only the Nets have a better offense in that time.

As for defence it's a pretty easy thing to answer even if they are multiple reasons.

Bledsoe is an absolute hack, they should give Giannis multiple DPOY just for carrying this man to a All Defensive team.

But outside of that, we don't take it personally, our guards constantly die on screenswhich puts the entire team in rotation and obviously really hurts the bigs also we can't defend the point of attack to safe our lives.

Outside of that we play up to the level of our competition, we've beaten Clippers, Suns, Bucks, Jazz, Celtics but lost to Bulls, Pistons, Kings and Timberwolves.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Fri Mar 05, 2021 4:10 pm

We definitely need to be better at getting Zion the ball in the 4th quarter tho.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Fri Mar 05, 2021 4:32 pm

Yeah, I only watched maybe a couple of Pelican games this year and only because of Zion honestly. I love his game and what he could become.

When I watched, I just couldnt understand what I was seeing on defence. I mean, the entire NBA has mostly given up on that end of the floor and try and sell us "oh but everyone can shoot, its so hard to defend" nonsense as if everyone has 5 45% shooters out there...but rant aside, Pel's were especially terrible and as you said, seems like hardly anyone takes it personally.

For me, in the half court you may aswell play through Zion as I dont think anyone is getting anyone better, more open looks.

The roster on paper makes alot of sense, but out on the floor something is missing and I dont really know how it gets solved.

The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Fri Mar 05, 2021 5:03 pm

The Pels need a proper point-guard. They acquired Bledsoe as this maybe-him-and-Lonzo-together-will-be-good-enough a solution, but you really need one great ball handler. Lonzo has decent aspect to his game - as does Bledsoe - but they're not the answer.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Fri Mar 05, 2021 5:10 pm

You might be right, problem is nobody is signing there in free agency. So its a trade and who do you bring in and for what in return?

Lonzo, JJ and I guess Bledsoe are the guys out the door but I cant think of a single ideal fit next Zion, BI and Hart if they keep him. Sounds like draft picks are the best bet to draft a PG.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Fri Mar 05, 2021 5:22 pm

Art Morte wrote:The Pels need a proper point guard

We absolutely do, the FO hope Kira Lewis is the answer who does look really promising tbf but it's hard to develop when your getting DNPs behind Bledsoe lol.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Fri Mar 05, 2021 5:27 pm

Lonzo has mostly been great for the last 6 weeks, but he isn't a point guard from a traditional sense so I'd like to see someone else alongside him.

Also he's a really good help defender but he doesn't solve our issues on ball.

It's ironic because I'm convinced if Jrue stayed we'd be a good team this year as he solves a lot of the problems we've had.

But i understand why we traded him, different timeline, probably the last chance to get assets etc.

It just hurts in the short term.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Fri Mar 05, 2021 5:41 pm

Love Jrue, unhappy he went to the Bucks who I quietly believe are going absolutely nowhere and will end up blowing the whole thing up.

The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Fri Mar 05, 2021 7:17 pm

The Franchise wrote:You might be right, problem is nobody is signing there in free agency. So its a trade and who do you bring in and for what in return?

Lonzo, JJ and I guess Bledsoe are the guys out the door but I cant think of a single ideal fit next Zion, BI and Hart if they keep him. Sounds like draft picks are the best bet to draft a PG.

hence Ingram for Wiggins + the Minny pick :coffee: (Dubs can throw in Eric Paschall and Jordan Poole too for good measure if Pels fans are butthurt)
Wiggins has shown this season at least he can defend

also let's just be honest here... how well does a star small forward who also wants the ball a lot because he can score from anywhere on the floor gunna fit if the MO is Zion has to have the ball all/most of the time. Could foresee there being conflict if things don't go their way (hence the rumours... even if it's only twitter/reddit rumours... where there is smoke, there is fire) inb4Moleexplosion Razz
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Fri Mar 05, 2021 9:58 pm

Lol they fit really well together, the reason our offence has been really good since we put the ball in Zions hands more is because we have two guys who put up 25ppg on extremely high efficiency while leveraging that into playmaking for others.

More Zion on ball =/= Ingram stands in the corner Lebron ball

The problem is the defence and young guys not getting to develop, but i don't really see the rush into making rash decisions just yet.

Not like we need assets to make changes either, we can thank the Lakers and Bucks for that.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Fri Mar 05, 2021 11:36 pm

Pelicans should just develop, draft and re-sign at this point. None of their players are gonna be hard to trade once they’re re-signed at their market value.

Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sat Mar 06, 2021 2:00 am

Agree
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Sat Mar 06, 2021 11:36 am

seriously though is this most perfect OP starting 5 in All-Star history Laughing

El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Sat Mar 06, 2021 3:09 pm

Well, i think as good as that is, the West 2000 was better.

J-Kidd, Frobe, Garnett, Duncan and Shaq >>>
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Sat Mar 06, 2021 4:16 pm

Can't believe the Nets are apparently interested in signing the bought-out Griffin, talk about shooting yourself in the foot.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Sat Mar 06, 2021 7:29 pm

lol i reckon he will play 12-15 mins a night just being a post passer and chucking up the odd 3ball
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sat Mar 06, 2021 11:15 pm

I mean with how Small Brooklyn's front court rotation is i don't think it hurts.

Wouldn't be the first guy who looked washed and then gets to a new situation and is better than people thought.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Sun Mar 07, 2021 1:13 pm

I think its a good move. Small ball 5 who if even he sucks, wont hurt you because you arent relying on him for anything.

Nothing lost and he might even be decent for 15 minutes a night.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sun Mar 07, 2021 1:25 pm

Yeah basically.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 36 of 40 Previous  1 ... 19 ... 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40  Next