CBarca
El Gunner
Warrior
Robespierre
Freeza
19 posters

Page 35 of 40 Previous  1 ... 19 ... 34, 35, 36 ... 40  Next

Go down

The Official Dwayne Wade <<<<<< you thread - Page 35 Empty Re: The Official Dwayne Wade <<<<<< you thread

Post by El Gunner Thu Mar 04, 2021 11:56 am

lol overrating your role players as always

El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

The Official Dwayne Wade <<<<<< you thread - Page 35 Empty Re: The Official Dwayne Wade <<<<<< you thread

Post by Freeza Thu Mar 04, 2021 12:26 pm

El Gunner wrote:lol overrating your role players as always

A top 3 guard defender who has shot 45% from 3 the past 20 games or something. Who is an incredible passer and doesn't ballhog.

Yeah, I'm taking that over a 25% chance at Cade Cunningham and Wiggins' sorry ass
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Thu Mar 04, 2021 2:01 pm

El Gunner wrote:Wiggins + Minny pick for Ingram, whatcha say Mole? :coffee:

I hang up the phone before you even open your mouth.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Thu Mar 04, 2021 2:01 pm

We have problems but none of them are related to Zion or Ingram lol.

This idea we should break up two guys under 24 years old who both average 25 ppg on 60+ TS% because we have problems defensively is funny.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Thu Mar 04, 2021 3:56 pm

Back like MJ for the Wizards.

This place is more quite than I remember Laughing
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Thu Mar 04, 2021 4:01 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:We have problems but none of them are related to Zion or Ingram lol.

This idea we should break up two guys under 24 years old who both average 25 ppg on 60+ TS% because we have problems defensively is funny.

and yet there are rumours that your FO might split them up 🤷
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Thu Mar 04, 2021 4:20 pm

El Gunner wrote:
Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:We have problems but none of them are related to Zion or Ingram lol.

No there isn't.

People talking shit on twitter/people who don't know anything making shit up aren't rumours.

This is what i meant by when i said you listen to stupid people lol.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Thu Mar 04, 2021 4:22 pm

The Franchise wrote:Back like MJ for the Wizards.

This place is more quite than I remember Laughing

Hi Dani, yeah it's not what i was but i might be more motivated to post more in this thread if more people are here. Laughing
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Thu Mar 04, 2021 4:27 pm

Its normal I guess, we had a good run.

I will be around, at least while im stuck working from home..so till 2024 at this rate.

I went back some pages but still, thoughts on the season so far?

MVP?

Who's overachieving, whos underachieving?

Is Utah legit?
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Thu Mar 04, 2021 4:30 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:
El Gunner wrote:

No there isn't.

People talking shit on twitter/people who don't know anything making shit up aren't rumours.

i don't know why you have to get angry/irritated -- i'm only generating talk/banter in a dead thread.

and i find it a weird thing to say that i "listen to stupid people", there was a reason i didn't reply to that comment the first time around
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Thu Mar 04, 2021 4:33 pm

Embiid, Denver is underachieving imo.

This is gonna sound weird but i think Utah is both legit and overachieving.

Like i think what they do is gonna translate because they create easy looks so often at an efficient rate.

It's like watching a poor mans version of San Antonio when they last won a championship, but i also don't think their record is reflective of a title favourite like it would suggest on paper.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Thu Mar 04, 2021 4:35 pm

El Gunner wrote:
Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:
El Gunner wrote:

No there isn't.

i don't know why you have to get angry/irritated -- i'm only generating talk/banter in a dead thread.

Ok i apologise, i sometimes find it difficult to tell when it comes to my own team and the red mist comes down lol.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Thu Mar 04, 2021 4:40 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:Embiid, Denver is underachieving imo.

Like i think what they do is gonna translate because they create easy looks so often at an efficient rate.

It's like watching a poor mans version of San Antonio when they last won a championship, but i also don't think their record is reflective of a title favourite like it would suggest on paper.

Embiid MVP rather than underachieving I take it right?

Yeah, Denver is awful and its strange because I like Murray, I even like the coach..who's name escapes me right now.

But Porter hasnt taken the leap he should have, Grant is a loss on defence and while I like Murray...I dont understand why he only shows up in the playoffs, as if the regular season is irrelevant to him.

I have similar thoughts on Utah. At days end, I cant seem them beating either LA team still but they have taken a step forward since the loss to Denver last year. Still not convinced by Gobert though. As good as he has been, come playoffs the ball will wind up in his hands and he has to be aggressive.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warrior Thu Mar 04, 2021 4:58 pm

Bledsoe/Hayes/whatever vs Covington ??
Warrior
Warrior
FORZA JUVE

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Thu Mar 04, 2021 5:09 pm

Warrior wrote:Bledsoe/Hayes/whatever vs Covington ??

There's no FO on the planet who take that deal lol. I mean from the Covington side btw, i would trade Bledsoe for a big mac.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Thu Mar 04, 2021 5:14 pm

The Franchise wrote:
Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:Embiid, Denver is underachieving imo.

Embiid MVP

Correct lol, i should have worded that better lol.

I agree regarding Gobert, ignoring the offensive shortcomings i still think there's significant weaknesses to his defensive game which elite scorers exploit.

I mainly believe they've took a jump because their offence looks like it will translate but yeah i feel the same in the sense i still think they fall short.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Thu Mar 04, 2021 5:22 pm

Champs this season?

I say if KD comes back soon, noone else gets hurt and they play 30 games or so together they come out the East.

If they sign another big, they win it all.

I knew once Harden started playing point, everyone was in trouble.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Thu Mar 04, 2021 5:31 pm

Yeah I'm feeling like Brooklyn, their talent level is insane.

Even if they just play middle of the pack defense it's probably enough.

At least the top end of the East has interest tho, seeing them have to go through Giannis or/and Embiid should be fun at least.

Can't always say that about the East.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Thu Mar 04, 2021 6:48 pm

Lakers if healthy I think easily win

I would love for Brooklyn to win because that would probably a really fun road to the finals and finals series but I think they have too many issues defensively

Also, we have to wait until the trade deadline. We could see big movement this year. There’s tons of uncertainty

Luca
J Council Master

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Thu Mar 04, 2021 7:19 pm

said this before in here, but will say it again for Dani... not that confident in the Lakers even if they are fully fit. I feel like their team construction this season is a tad worse than last season. And the West is a lot better this season. The AD injury is concerning, especially if there is sensitivity in the achilles region... how much will that play on his mind. LeBron is LeBron sure, i know he proves us wrong time and time again every playoffs year in, year out. But i just have a feeling he isn't going to have it all his way this time around. Not necessarily individually, he will still get his numbers, but i think his team will fail him.

I am a believer in the Jazz and Suns, not so much as to say they are favourites in my eyes, but more so because i do think they can come out of the West if things fall in their favour and their players step up when it matters. The Jazz perhaps more so because of their fluency and chemistry on offense, and the grind on defense. I love Mitchell and Gobert, but poor on court leadership and clutch time marquee moments might undo them at the end. While on the hand, Suns are just the opposite for me. They're not that fluent and defensively sturdy as a team as the Jazz, but i more faith in CP3 and Booker's clutch prowess.

Also not that sold on the Clippers. They can be impressive all they want in the regular season, but as a playoff team i still do not understand why they are not getting themselves a good, solid playmaking point guard. Relying on Kawhi and PG ISOs to win it all is a lot to ask for.

Nuggets, i agree with Mole are underachieving, Jokic is playing like an MVP and Jamal only shows up when he wants to. But the rest of the team doesn't inspire that much confidence. Even if MPJ turns it up as an offensive force in the playoffs, i still don't see them having all the right pieces to reach the West finals again.

On the East side, i agree with all of you here. Nets. Nets. Just something that resembles defensive cohension and structure and i think they win it all. The talent level is really insane. Harden is blossoming as a point guard and not someone that is ISOing like he did in Houston. KD and Kyrie as efficient as they come, so yea, granted no injuries they're my pick. Bucks and Sixers are not bad per se, but i believe the road out of the East will be a lot easier for the Nets than anyone coming out of the West.
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Warrior Thu Mar 04, 2021 7:54 pm

Lakers vs Bucks imho
Warrior
Warrior
FORZA JUVE

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Thu Mar 04, 2021 8:46 pm

Regarding the Clippers they need to stop ISOing on the other teams best defenders lol.

The point of hunting mismatches is to you know actually do that lol, both Kawhi and PG keep trying to take incredibly tough shots against the other teams best.

Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Warrior Fri Mar 05, 2021 12:54 am

I just saw the big boss Domantas will be an All-Star as replacement for Durant

Very deserved, glad for him. One of my favorite players in the NBA.
Warrior
Warrior
FORZA JUVE

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Fri Mar 05, 2021 1:38 am

I don't understand how our team is constructed worse this year tbh.

Our rotation in the playoffs were:
LeBron
AD
Kuzma
Caruso
Rondo
KCP
Kieff
Danny Green

then Dwight in some games to piss off Jokic.

We traded Rondo and Danny Green for Schröder, Harrell and THT.

I'd take the latter every time.

That said. I see Lakers - Sixers in the finals. Can't see Nets staying healthy enough to win, despite having the most talented offense of all time.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Fri Mar 05, 2021 8:02 am

Harrell can't defend, Dwight was a rim protecting beast with his big frame last season. THT? lol, he's decent but i'd take Danny Green's experience over him, Mathews... less said the better... then there's Schroder which adds another offensive dimension to the team, that really is the only positive for me. It's not a lot worse off, but a "tad" as i said because of the defensive losses.
And also, y'alls playoff run last season was easy as shit. Every matchup was a formality. Your biggest test was a one-two punch by Jokic and Murray who were running out of gas by the time they faced y'all. No way are things gunna be that easy again this time around. I really hope we can get the LA showdown this time..

but just to be clear, i wouldn't be surprised at all if Lakers come out of the West... because LeBron
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Fri Mar 05, 2021 11:16 am

Some solid points in there I really agree with.

I think the Lakers are worse and I said this at the time everyone was gushing over their moves.

Gasol is a big body and great passer, but you get him in the pick and roll and its an automatic good look. Howard and even Mcgee werent great in this aspect, but at least if you switch it their length and reactions can deter players.

Rondo brought a level headedness to the team and while at this point Schröder is the better individual, Rondo is the better championship player. He understands the game far better.

Green was awful but Matthews isnt any better.

Trez cant defend any legit big nor space the floor.

Lebron and AD are going to do what they do, no doubt, but they have to be better than last season where really they got a free ride all the way. Going against the beat down injury hit HEAT, defenceless Nuggets and the ultra limited Rockets and Blazers has to be the easiest path I can remember in years. It surely wont be as easy this time around and I see dont know the true ceiling on this team.

Suns and Utah, some interesting takes which Id buy into. I think the Clippers are totally unreliable. On paper they are supposed to be an elite defence, but on the court its absolutely average. Kahwi has become undisciplined without Pop shouting at him and Way off P hasnt played consistent good D since Melo on the Knicks which feels like a decade ago. No play makers, nobody who is a pass first player...honestly its a mess. Ibaka and even Batum are good moves but dont address enough issues. I think they cant be worse than last year but I cant see this team being champs. Would trading for Lowry help?

In the East, 76ers vs Nets is the only thing im intrested. It seems the Nets have 1 weapon too many. Simmons can slow down Kyrie or Harden, but not both. I assume Embiid will have a field day but I cant see Harris matching KD. Bucks and Miami are obvious real threats but I dont think the supporting casts are strong enough for Butler/Bam nor Giannis. Additionally, I dont have faith in the Greek Freak. His game is too limited and too pre programmed.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 35 of 40 Previous  1 ... 19 ... 34, 35, 36 ... 40  Next