CBarca
El Gunner
Warrior
Robespierre
Freeza
19 posters

Page 4 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 22 ... 40  Next

Go down

The Official Dwayne Wade <<<<<< you thread - Page 4 Empty Re: The Official Dwayne Wade <<<<<< you thread

Post by Freeza Mon Sep 14, 2020 12:02 am

The only defense that can contain us somewhat is Boston

Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

The Official Dwayne Wade <<<<<< you thread - Page 4 Empty Re: The Official Dwayne Wade <<<<<< you thread

Post by El Gunner Mon Sep 14, 2020 12:32 am

LeBron needs more than a physical challenge, he needs a psychological challenge too. The hype of Lakers - Clippers throughout this whole season and Kawhi will provide that.

Otherwise? He'll easily dispose of all those other teams. Tatum, Butler? pls
Jokic and Murray is actually a unique one-two punch, but they'll mentally crumble against LeBron

all im saying is i won't take their championship as seriously if they didn't beat Clippers along the way.
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Mon Sep 14, 2020 1:57 am

They would deserve their championship no matter what. It's not their fault the Clips fucked up (if they do fuck it up)
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Mon Sep 14, 2020 2:19 am

It's not their fault the Clips fucked up (if they do fuck it up)

true of course

they would deserve it of course if they win, but i'll still believe Clippers could have beaten them if they don't end up facing them 🤷
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Winter is Coming Mon Sep 14, 2020 8:10 am

I like how Doc decides to use a timeout when Nuggets are on a 13-0 run, reminds me in 2010 Phil Jackson saying in a team huddle that Doc teams don't know how to keep leads lol
Winter is Coming
Winter is Coming
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Mon Sep 14, 2020 2:26 pm

El Gunner wrote:
It's not their fault the Clips fucked up (if they do fuck it up)

true of course

they would deserve it of course if they win, but i'll still believe Clippers could have beaten them if they don't end up facing them 🤷

That's nonsense lol

I'm just gonna say I don't accept any winner in any case because they didn't beat the bubble Suns
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Mon Sep 14, 2020 2:28 pm

^^it's not the same because i actually believe Clippers talent wise have the best team (and many others do too), and i think when they've clicked throughout the season they've played the best ball, better than any other team

no one thinks Suns are the best team in the league lol
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Mon Sep 14, 2020 2:32 pm

only negative about the Clippers is they don't seem to have any consistent chemistry. And that is a big negative of course.
But i believe they'll turn up their focus levels for the Lakers, it has literally been their target the whole season and they've made no secrets of it. So yea, because of that and them having the deeper squad, that's why i believe they will beat the Lakers.

But of course don't ever put anything past LeBron. That's why i really want the series to happen. Everyone wants LeBron vs Kawhi, Lakers vs Clippers. Except for Laker fans who might be scared.
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Mon Sep 14, 2020 2:40 pm

El Gunner wrote:^^it's not the same because i actually believe Clippers talent wise have the best team (and many others do too), and i think when they've clicked throughout the season they've played the best ball, better than any other team

no one thinks Suns are the best team in the league lol

I just think people have been disrespecting LeBron by calling Kawhi better.

Hell our team was the 1st seed with LeBron basically coasting through the regular season.

I legitimately think we've got the two best players left in the playoffs. Clippers' third best player against us is Marcus Morris and we got a copy of him on our team.

Lou Will and Harrell aren't playoff players, just like I don't think Beverley is that good. Hell he basically cost them the game last night imo. So many idiotic fouls and overly aggressive defense for no reason.

I think Boston has a more talented team than the Clippers. Well at least suited for playoff basket. Their defense is ridiculous and Marcus Smart is a special defender.

__

That's just me though. I'll eat my words if Clippers somehow beat us, but I can't see that happening at all.

Ballmer has really made ESPN his own propaganda machine and everyone is eating it up.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon Sep 14, 2020 3:12 pm

It's not disrespectful when Kawhi gave one of the most dominant playoff runs in the last 20 years while Lebron sat at home.

Like it or not, you're only as good as your last playoff run. Don't care how good Lebron has been, he needs to prove he's better like everyone else does.

Lebron and Lakers fans may not like it, but he's not special and doesn't get to not go through the same things everyone else does.

Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Mon Sep 14, 2020 3:46 pm

If Williams and Harrell could actually play in the playoffs like last and this years' Sixth Man of the Year, the Clippers would be much more convincing. Leonard and George have been good/fine against Denver, but it's their supposedly good role players who are being outperformed by Denver's role players.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Mon Sep 14, 2020 3:50 pm

^^ it's down to the chemistry issues i mentioned, perhaps they could falter due to "an abundance of talent". Lou is being constantly targeted on the defense so it makes it hard for Doc to leave him out there without Kawhi or George on, and when they're on court with him it's hard for Lou to get going on the offense... and Lou is usually the one who gets Harrell going too
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon Sep 14, 2020 3:56 pm

My biggest issue with the Clippers is their distinct lack of professionalism.

They all act like their multi time champions who have been there a million times and it comes easy to them.

Except for ironically the one guy on their team who is a multi time Champion.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Mon Sep 14, 2020 4:00 pm

that's a good point too
they actually played harder last season as a team, this season they've been picking and choosing when to lock in lol
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Mon Sep 14, 2020 4:23 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:It's not disrespectful when Kawhi gave one of the most dominant playoff runs in the last 20 years

Really? Laughing

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:
Like it or not, you're only as good as your last playoff run.

As your last playoff run you say?

22 games - 32.2 PER - 5.2 WS - 34.0/9.1/9.0
24 games - 27.9 PER - 4.9 WS - 30.5/9.1/3.9

One had by far the worse team one year apart.

Kawhi has never had a individual playoffs that were as good as any of LeBron's last 10. He was a fourth option on 1 ship, got a bunch of early exits and then he won last year on a great team that had the most injury luck in history.

But yeah, he's better LeBron. Fucking hell
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Mon Sep 14, 2020 4:30 pm

Art Morte wrote:If Williams and Harrell could actually play in the playoffs like last and this years' Sixth Man of the Year, the Clippers would be much more convincing. Leonard and George have been good/fine against Denver, but it's their supposedly good role players who are being outperformed by Denver's role players.

My main claim about the Clippers being overrated isn't that Kawhi is terrible though. He's clearly a top 3 player left in the playoffs. And PG is good.

It's that the rest of their players are heavily overrated. Harrell and Lou aren't stylistically a match for a playoff team, especially one with Kawhi Leonard and PG. They need more of a defensive big and a passing/defending PG.

In the playoffs Lou is impossible to play do to his Isiah Thomas defense, and Harrell likewise. He's undersized as hell and lives off foul he doesn't get at the same rate in the playoffs.

Clippers' best lineup against us is really hard to pick for me, because I don't see an answer on either PG or Center.

I'd probably go for Beverley - PG - Morris - Kawhi - Green. Then go 5 out and let Kawhi operate the mid-range and force Lakers to match small, because they'll get killed on size since they don't have a passable inside presence.

Beverley can be switched with Lou if Rondo doesn't show up like he has previously this PO.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Mon Sep 14, 2020 4:32 pm

Also please promise me to go at Kawhi with the same energy y'all go at LeBron if he goes out to the fucking Nuggets.

Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Mon Sep 14, 2020 5:09 pm

it'll be so fucking disappointing if they lose to them, but it's a game 7 anything can happen, but still they only have themselves to blame for it getting this far, so yea, don't worry, i'll give them HELLA HEAT, not to Kawhi specifically because he has been normal Kawhi great so far, but at the team as a whole
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Mon Sep 14, 2020 6:02 pm

Freeza wrote:
Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:It's not disrespectful when Kawhi gave one of the most dominant playoff runs in the last 20 years

Really? Laughing

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:
Like it or not, you're only as good as your last playoff run.

As your last playoff run you say?

22 games - 32.2 PER - 5.2 WS - 34.0/9.1/9.0
24 games - 27.9 PER - 4.9 WS - 30.5/9.1/3.9

One had by far the worse team one year apart.

Kawhi has never had a individual playoffs that were as good as any of LeBron's last 10. He was a fourth option on 1 ship, got a bunch of early exits and then he won last year on a great team that had the most injury luck in history.

But yeah, he's better LeBron. Fucking hell

LeBron has played in a far weaker conference and with favourites in the east every season since he joined the Heat. Talk about injury luck for the Raptors without discussing how LeBron was steamrolling dog shit Eastern teams, Raptors included, season after season.

In any case, LeBron > Kawhi obviously but the playoff luck/injury story goes both ways. What Kawhi did in Toronto was special. One player making that kind of impact and having a historic season for a team for the first time to ever win a championship is huge. Let’s leave it at that and stop trying to add asterisks to each season, you personally should be concerned about this with a potential covid bubble championship as the Lakers are most likely taking this one home.

Anyways, clippers are a shit franchise and team. Playoff P is a joke. Kawhi should’ve stayed in Toronto, top 5 player in the league.

Forza Nuggets

I don’t care who wins as long as it’s not Marcus Smart

Luca
J Council Master

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Mon Sep 14, 2020 6:12 pm

Concerned with what? COVID bubble should rightfully get an asterisk. But not for it being easier, but the opposite.

It’s gotta mentally tough as hell and also losing home court advantages that you’ve fought for all year.

Also find it weird how Kawhi’s getting all the credit for Toronto’s win. That team was crazy deep with multiple all stars. But yeah he was incredible and really clutch.

But sometimes he’s talked about like he’s some kind of playoff legend/savant.

He’s got one single great playoff run
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Mon Sep 14, 2020 6:27 pm

He doesn't get all the credit for Toronto's win but we certainly do not win without him.

Kawhi was the catalyst, the best player on both sides of the ball and the only legitimate superstar on the team. Before and after isn't consequential, his Toronto tenure was special.

In Toronto, he is certainly thought of as a legend. It was a legendary season and his play was absolutely immense. But that team will always be remembered fondly.

Also remember, the Raptors is not a team like the Lakers or the Celtics, this is a team founded in 1995 with exactly 1 championship and known for getting Lebronto'd every year, drafting Bargnani first overall, losing Vince Carter, TMAC and Bosh, and playing with DeMar and Lowry backcourt for far too long. So it's going to be overemphasized and overstated.

Anyways, the playoffs have been a lot of fun in the bubble. Lakers vs. Clippers will be more fun to watch but the Nuggets winning is more banter. very torn.

Definitely Team Butler on the East, Celtics too unlikable.

Luca
J Council Master

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon Sep 14, 2020 6:37 pm

Freeza wrote:Also please promise me to go at Kawhi with the same energy y'all go at LeBron if he goes out to the fucking Nuggets.

No because i don't care enough either way.

Not everyone is overly emotional when it comes to sports. I don't give a shit honestly.

And yes he is better until Lebron proves otherwise, what Lebron did in Cleveland and Miami is utterly irrelevant to debating 2020.

I'm fully aware he's extremely capable of proving this, but unlike everyone else I'm not desperate for a hot take or to get there first.

Lebron wasn't in the playoffs last year and thus doesn't deserve to be placed above people who were until he proves he's better just like Kawhi didn't last year.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon Sep 14, 2020 6:39 pm

I really need to stop arguing with Freeza when it comes to Lakers related topics like he isn't like every other Lakers fan though tbh Laughing
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Mon Sep 14, 2020 6:43 pm

Oh I'm not talking about Toronto fans. He should rightfully be accepted as a legend there.

I'm speaking strictly about how the media treats him. And the Clippers in general. I've been listening to the bullshit all season how they're coasting and just waiting for the playoffs etc. and that's why they aren't the first seed.

Hell, some even took it so far to suggest AD and LeBron weren't a better duo than Kawhi and PG, and that they didn't fit together stylistically. One of the most idiotic takes I've ever seen (Jackie McMullan I think repeated this a lot). Like one of the three best passers in history can't play with the most talented PF ever.

It's special to win a first championship for any franchise.

But every single media company, reporter etc. had han him as the universally accepted best player in the league, which I find ridiculous given LeBron's actual level when he does play, which he didn't last year because he got injured for the first time in his career. (We were third or fourth seeded when he got injured). And I don't think you can lose your crown because of injuries.

Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Mon Sep 14, 2020 6:51 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:I really need to stop arguing with Freeza when it comes to Lakers related topics like he isn't like every other Lakers fan though tbh Laughing

Okay Mr. "I don't care about anything"

So LeBron is the best player in the league again if Kawhi is eliminated then. Fine by me. I can live with that.

I was the only one on here saying Lakers would even be a top 6 seed in the West and somehow I'm blind about the Lakers. Like hate isn't real from all you guys. Even from my fellow former Lakers fan, ElG Sad
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Mon Sep 14, 2020 7:18 pm

Luca wrote:
I don’t care who wins as long as it’s not Marcus Smart

Luca mad what Smart did to his Raptors rofl

Freeza wrote:I was the only one on here saying Lakers would even be a top 6 seed in the West and somehow I'm blind about the Lakers. Like hate isn't real from all you guys. Even from my fellow former Lakers fan, ElG
I would have been happier at the Lakers resurgance if it wasn't LeBron spearheading it. Brutally lucky to not be standing at a 1-8 in the Finals. And here he could be adding a 4th this season only for more and more people to say he is the GOAT when he ain't even higher than Kobe in the GOAT conversation :facepalm:

also don't lie i have the receipts from the predictions some of us made earlier this season, it's you, me and Silver who had Lakers in the top 6, Art didn't have them making the playoffs rofl but im sure that was just bants
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 22 ... 40  Next