The Official Dwayne Wade <<<<<< you thread

Page 5 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

The Official Dwayne Wade <<<<<< you thread - Page 5 Empty Re: The Official Dwayne Wade <<<<<< you thread

Post by El Gunner on Mon Sep 14, 2020 7:18 pm

@Luca wrote:
I don’t care who wins as long as it’s not Marcus Smart

Luca mad what Smart did to his Raptors rofl

@Freeza wrote:I was the only one on here saying Lakers would even be a top 6 seed in the West and somehow I'm blind about the Lakers. Like hate isn't real from all you guys. Even from my fellow former Lakers fan, ElG
I would have been happier at the Lakers resurgance if it wasn't LeBron spearheading it. Brutally lucky to not be standing at a 1-8 in the Finals. And here he could be adding a 4th this season only for more and more people to say he is the GOAT when he ain't even higher than Kobe in the GOAT conversation :facepalm:

also don't lie i have the receipts from the predictions some of us made earlier this season, it's you, me and Silver who had Lakers in the top 6, Art didn't have them making the playoffs rofl but im sure that was just bants

El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

The Official Dwayne Wade <<<<<< you thread - Page 5 Empty Re: The Official Dwayne Wade <<<<<< you thread

Post by Freeza on Mon Sep 14, 2020 7:34 pm

He's clearly above Kobe lol
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner on Mon Sep 14, 2020 7:40 pm

in terms of varied on-ball abilities and his vision on the floor he is better than Kobe yea, but there's more to GOATness. In terms of historic moments, clutchness and mentality Kobe is better. Kobe dragged a washed Lakers team to the 2010 title over the best Celtics team of the century... the same Celtics team who made Lebron cry and made him run away to go join two all-stars and great shooters in Miami
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza on Mon Sep 14, 2020 7:43 pm

Pau Gasol was just as good if not better in the 2010 finals than Kobe ffs. Stop calling that team washed. They were fucking great Laughing
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza on Mon Sep 14, 2020 7:48 pm

Prime Kobe, Prime Gasol, Prime Odom and a still great Ron Artest somehow a bad team. Fucking incredible takes really.

Those four combined with the greatest coach of all time.

Meanwhile LeBron had Mo Williams, JJ. Hickson, 100kg overweight Shaq and Anthony Parker
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza on Mon Sep 14, 2020 7:51 pm

@Freeza wrote:Prime Kobe, Prime Gasol, Prime Odom and a still great Ron Artest somehow a bad team. Fucking incredible takes really.

Looking back I miss that team so much. They were so fucking good on defense, Kobe was magic when he was on.

Hell, they even had a Bynum who was incredible when healthy. What a team for that terrible era basket-wise.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca on Mon Sep 14, 2020 9:20 pm

Media is generally useless though. There’s so many atrocious takes in the NBA. It’s actually shocking.

For example, the raptors weren’t predicted to make the playoffs this season (legit). Could you imagine missing the playoffs in the L’East?

LeBron is scrutinized for whatever reason. He should have more MVPs, he is definitely the best player of his generation and second only to Jordan in my opinion.

It is what it is
Luca
Luca
J Council Master

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Winter is Coming on Wed Sep 16, 2020 3:28 am

That block from Bam to deny Tatum and Celtics to take game to second OT :bow:

https://streamable.com/w7myrb
Winter is Coming
Winter is Coming
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner on Wed Sep 16, 2020 3:38 am

Kemba clearly going to be the x-factor in that series if Hayward doesn't come back
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner on Wed Sep 16, 2020 4:14 am

Yup. A proper Los Angeles Clippers chokejob.
Some things just never change.
Even got Kawhi shooting bricks out there. rofl rofl rofl
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Winter is Coming on Wed Sep 16, 2020 4:19 am

Murray and Jokic :bow:
Winter is Coming
Winter is Coming
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner on Wed Sep 16, 2020 4:25 am

my god the choke is so big it is actually bad to watch rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl i take back everything i said about Lakers not deserving the title
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Winter is Coming on Wed Sep 16, 2020 4:28 am

PG worst trade possible funny part is Kawhi and PG are FA after this lmao
Winter is Coming
Winter is Coming
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Winter is Coming on Wed Sep 16, 2020 4:35 am

Jokic is the greatest playmaking center don't @ me
Winter is Coming
Winter is Coming
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner on Wed Sep 16, 2020 4:36 am

@Winter is Coming wrote:PG worst trade possible funny part is Kawhi and PG are FA after this lmao

nah it's after the end of next season
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Winter is Coming on Wed Sep 16, 2020 4:59 am

Is it? Thought it was this season.
Winter is Coming
Winter is Coming
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte on Wed Sep 16, 2020 8:55 am

Didn't watch the game, but that is one ugly ass boxscore for the Clippers xD

Leonard and George combining for 24 points in a game 7, fucking yikes lol. The Clippers starters scored just 7 more points than their bench... in a game 7 xD Shouldn't be possible.

Also, Lou Williams is done, averaged 10ppg in this series on 35.7% shooting.

Finally, go Heat! Adebayo with an all-time defensive play, dayuuuum.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza on Wed Sep 16, 2020 9:17 am

You’re only as good as your last playoffs imo.

Kawhi is no longer a top 10 player
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto on Wed Sep 16, 2020 2:58 pm

Okay it is a shame I am posting this opinion right after Kawhi's stinker just last night but I was meaning to post this before it seems like hindsight.

I normally agree with Mole but there is no chance Kawhi is better than Lebron nor is he comparable given Lebron is a top 3 all time player and Kawhi is highlighted due to recent limelights.

Of course he is amazing and has won and been the star of two different championship teams but Kawhi at best is a crucial assassin type player same goes for him last year in the playoffs. How? He was their player but generally lacks the presence Lebron has and can go anonymous a lot in games.

Lebron makes the team around him better, is the best playmaker in the NBA and can drive a team on his back.

It just isn't needed why he is a better (and greater player).

I personally dislike Lebron, as he will do anything for attention, thinks NBA should centre around his emotions and generally is quite a dumbass off the court but as a player there is no doubt what he is.

Kawhi putting up a flop last night is a bigger criticism of his thinking. He has been all his career in a team built by and off of Pop himself. From Pop's spurs to Nick Nurse's pop inspired Raptors. Which means very complete high Basketball IQ teams.

Clippers is not so impressive and is run by Doc fucking Rivers who is by far the most overrated and annoying coach of ALL TIME.

That being said Kawhi is only 29 and still has a lot of time to build his legacy and even compare to Lebron.

But recency bias, will tell he is better. And that is the key term.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Sociedad

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza on Wed Sep 16, 2020 3:35 pm

Kawhi will retire before LeBron. He’s suffering from a degenerative injury and looked absolutely exhausted last night.

That or he’s lazy.

Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce on Wed Sep 16, 2020 3:37 pm

@Freeza wrote:You’re only as good as your last playoffs imo.

Kawhi is no longer a top 10 player

Lol, last night is massive blot on his career.

I'm happy it happened though, Clippers tried to cheat the game all season.

They haven't took it seriously once, I'm a firm believer that if you cheat the game then eventually you deserve to lose.

Happy for Denver.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce on Wed Sep 16, 2020 3:40 pm

Btw i never said Kawhi is better overall, i said because Lebron missed the playoffs and Kawhi dominated he was better in the moment.

I don't believe you get to miss the playoffs and call yourself the best, but obviously none of this matters after last night.

Obviously career wise it isn't close, I'm not that stupid.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce on Wed Sep 16, 2020 3:42 pm

That Bam block tho
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner on Wed Sep 16, 2020 4:35 pm

im not the biggest LeBron fan too, but i entirely agree with Arq's sentiments above. The Kawhi possibly being better than him at the moment hype train was understandable because of what Mole mentioned (last season playoffs heading into this season), but LeBron overall will always be the athletic freak with high BBall IQ and a varied skillset and that in terms of skillset is just too much for Kawhi to compete with.

Let's see how the Clippers respond next season, you surely expect a change in approach and mentality away from the load-managing-we-can-turn-it-on-whenever-we want-to method Laughing but indeed the curse might genuinely be a thing and Playoff P might truly just be destined to being Pandemic/Wayoff P, we'll see.
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca on Wed Sep 16, 2020 5:19 pm

I don't think Kawhi is that limited. How many times have we seen the dude destroy in the playoffs? He's taken over games and won with his offense and defense before.

Last night was terrible though, and this is certainly a stain on his career. No denying that.

It's just that last night was an exception rather than the rule with Kawhi. He usually looks way better than that. I don't think it's fair to characterize Kawhi as someone who is a "silent assassin". Dude was the best player on an NBA Championship winning team last season and took all the big shots, sometimes carrying that Toronto team singlehandedly.
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca on Wed Sep 16, 2020 5:19 pm

Btw, playoff pee rofl

FFS man. He is the gift that keeps on giving
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum