rincon
Art Morte
RealGunner
Arquitecto
BarcaLearning
19 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Pjanic at Barca, will Flop or not? - Page 3 Empty Re: Pjanic at Barca, will Flop or not?

Post by farfan Mon Sep 06, 2021 7:00 pm

My definition of a solid pivot is two midfielders that combine both physicality and technical ability, with both players possessing the two qualities to varying degrees. Think Pogba-Kanté, Makélélé-Viera, Wijnaldum-Fabinho etc..

The last example may seem like a stretch when compared to the other two, but where would you fit Busquets if you have both Gini and Fabinho? He lacks the physicality and defensive abilities of the latter and is unable to bomb forward like the former.

farfan
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Pjanic at Barca, will Flop or not? - Page 3 Empty Re: Pjanic at Barca, will Flop or not?

Post by Casciavit Mon Sep 06, 2021 7:21 pm

I think it's relative to how I would want my team to play.

If the team is built on winning second balls and thriving on chaos then I would obviously prefer a double pivot of Fabinho and Wijnadlum.

If I'm defending deeper and I want someone to be more focused on nipping attacks I'd think of Makelele and Kante.

However, if I want my team to build from the back, I'm going to want a DM who thinks quickly on the ball. Someone who normally takes less than two touches, can play under pressure, looks to progress the ball, receives the ball in good positions, can break the lines, and are comfortable defending and pressing high up the pitch.

It's almost like a completely different skillset. I wouldn't take Pogba there because he's too fancy in those areas. Kante/Makelele not good enough distributors. Wijnaldum has a habit of not getting himself involved deep.

I would accept Viera, sure. Fabinho isn't as good on the ball as Busquets but as a lone pivot, I can accept him doing a job in a proactive system.

The closest thing to someone who can play DM in multiple systems/styles and was elite physically and technically is Viera. I just don't see any Viera types these days.

I'd love it if there was a 6'3 DM who could pass like Alonso, defend like Kante, and carry the ball like De Jong. They just don't exist right now. If you had that you would have the ideal lone pivot in a 4-3-3. All I see are DM's who have one of those traits, but not two, or have two but not one. So the one I pick depends on the style my team plays and then I would adjust accordingly. That's fair no?
Casciavit
Casciavit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Mon Sep 06, 2021 7:43 pm

Casciavit wrote:
I'd love it if there was a 6'3 DM who could pass like Alonso, defend like Kante, and carry the ball like De Jong. They just don't exist right now. If you had that you would have the ideal lone pivot in a 4-3-3. All I see are DM's who have one of those traits, but not two, or have two but not one. So the one I pick depends on the style my team plays and then I would adjust accordingly. That's fair no?

Pjanic at Barca, will Flop or not? - Page 3 BenzemaMobile
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Casciavit Mon Sep 06, 2021 7:55 pm

DMzema. Proud
Casciavit
Casciavit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Tue Sep 07, 2021 9:00 am

halamadrid2 wrote:Meh, Busquets is crap. Was good about 5 seasons ago. Now gets exposed at both Barca and Spain.

"Necessary support" Laughing sounds like Hazard apologists

Imagine being a "football fan" and thinking like this Laughing

The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmonica Sun Sep 12, 2021 10:52 am

Miralem Pjanić (Beşiktaş): "Messi didn't understand Koeman's attitude towards me. He often asked me if something had happened."
Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3