RealGunner
Mr Nick09
44 posters

Page 10 of 26 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 18 ... 26  Next

Go down

Ligue 1 20/21 - Page 10 Empty Re: Ligue 1 20/21

Post by Casciavit Mon Sep 20, 2021 4:05 am

sportsczy wrote:OK.  Some takeaways.

OM is the best team in Ligue 1 hands down.  I mean it ffs.

Di Maria with the other 3 is a disaster.  Will never work.

Messi still finding himself.  Neymar getting less fat and playing better.  Kehrer, Gueye and Kimpembe are utter shit.  No midfield without Verratti.  CBs are soft.  Defense isn't that great period.

I don't think PSG are that good tbh.  They didn't deserve to win this game.

Gueye and Ander can't control a ball and constantly misplace passes. What good is having a fantastic four up front if you can't get the ball to them.

The problem is PSG needs more workrate in midfield to cope with that attacking line. So it's a tradeoff.

I think they'll be fine though. Neymar used to fly around on the pitch and from what I saw there were a lot of moments he couldn't get past his man. Messi created a couple of dangerous chances and hit the crossbar, but he got dispossessed a lot. Looked lazier than he usually does too.

I remember reading an interview from him two or three years ago where he said the biggest difference as a player when he became older was how much longer it took him to gain rhythm. That's why he doesn't like being rested because he says it hurts his sharpness. He's been a slow starter for a few seasons. Even Ronaldo's been a slow starter since like 2017 with this year being the exception. Neymar's 29 now so he seems to be in that camp too. We already saw some great link-up moments. Once they build up their sharpness and chemistry with Kylian the front three will be good to go.

It's off the ball that's the issue. They played a 4-4-2 today with Neymar and Di Maria being the ones to track back while Messi and Mbappe stayed high up the pitch. I think Poch will eventually settle on a 3-4-3 then defend in a 5-4-1 like Chelsea does with Neymar and Mbappe dropping deeper in the half-spaces.

I think City will take care of them in the first leg, but by the time they face off again in the group stages Poch should have a better system going.

Casciavit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Mon Sep 20, 2021 4:18 am

Little dictator...

Ronaldo got subbed off for Lingard -> Man Utd lost
Messi subbed off for Hakimi -> PSG won

make of that what you will hmm

Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Casciavit Mon Sep 20, 2021 4:23 am

Pirlo subbed off Ronaldo when Juve went down to 10 men and had to protect a lead last season. Ole did the same thing.

I wonder if it's ever happened to Messi though. His teams normally don't get red cards especially when they're leading. He's probably the last player you want to have on the pitch when you are down to 10 men and need to protect a lead. Laughing
Casciavit
Casciavit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Mon Sep 20, 2021 5:24 am

I mean Messi had stopped moving at all for a good 10 minutes before he got subbed out. LIke not even 5 meters in any particular direction. And it's not like he was flying around the pitch at the beginning of the 2nd period to begin with. And he complains about getting subbed off? Please.

With Hakimi at RB and Icardi as the focal point, PSG just looked more organized and dangerous.

I understand why Mbappe wants to leave btw. He's wasted as a CF. He can play the role very well... but he really shines if he has someone else to play the 9. He really started being dangerous with Icardi on the pitch. He could roam left.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Mamad Mon Sep 20, 2021 8:07 am

Messi is old. PSG thought they are getting prime Messi? lol.
Mamad
Mamad
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmonica Thu Sep 23, 2021 2:23 am

Hakimi :bow:
Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Thu Sep 23, 2021 2:43 am

Actually turned off the stream after the red card thinking the game was over lool.... ffs... Hakimi with both goals, what a beast. Physically hes phenominal, just doesnt tire, able to both attack and defend well, quite amazing really. PSG finally have their RB position fixed. Hope Real dont get him back, they got Cavarjal already...

Second game in a row PSG wins right at the death, how vital these will prove in the title race? I imagine a lot, if not its giving PSG the confident and cushion for slip ups obviously, just dont get complacent.
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Mamad Thu Sep 23, 2021 4:44 am

Don't worry PSG won't sell to us.
Mamad
Mamad
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Thu Sep 23, 2021 7:12 am

I hope some of you who now watch PSG games see that Ligue 1 is anything but an easy league. Yes, PSG is perfect so far this year. But they lost Ligue 1 last year... and let me tell you, they could have easily lost 3 games this year already or gotten at least a few draws. They've had the luck of the Irish so far. Late goals out of nothing, supreme realism when they weren't the better team, etc.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Thu Sep 23, 2021 12:55 pm

or maybe PSG just isn't all that competent with their superiority.
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Thu Sep 23, 2021 1:49 pm

I never watched PSG much outside of CL and I must say Ligue1 is indeed way more physical than La liga. It is a brutal competition. Messi could have real troubles since he will be targeted

Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by FennecFox7 Fri Sep 24, 2021 2:05 am

That’s pretty much what I’m worried about. Ligue 1 makes the PL look like fairy land. All the players are very athletic and extremely physical.
FennecFox7
FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Sun Sep 26, 2021 2:00 am

Its 1-0, but the rate at which Mbappe and Neymar taking turns missing all these chances, PSG might concede a late goal for once n drop points?
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Sun Sep 26, 2021 2:20 am

Funny that, Mbappe cant score all game, replaced by Draxler and scores with his first touch, lol, what bad luck...
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Sun Sep 26, 2021 2:23 am

Sport, I know what ur saying, but how is it PSG are perfect still and running away with the league already, despite being very average Razz Other teams are just toothless in the league... lol... I guess that can also be a good sign... but I fear the old problem will again when it comes to the CL - PSG will find it hard to raise their level if they face CL top opponents since the league opponents comparatively is just so much easier?

Also find that the likes of Kimpembe seem much improved actually compared with the past, and arent as bad as I initially though Razz Gueye n the likes able to be quite comfortable m dominate in these league games, but look very average when playing vs better opponents.
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Sun Sep 26, 2021 2:29 am

BarcaLearning wrote:Sport, I know what ur saying, but how is it PSG are perfect still and running away with the league already, despite being very average Razz Other teams are just toothless in the league... lol... I guess that can also be a good sign... but I fear the old problem will again when it comes to the CL - PSG will find it hard to raise their level if they face CL top opponents since the league opponents comparatively is just so much easier?

Last year it was the same thing... except they lost 4 of these games early on.  So it's just luck imo.

Also, they haven't played anyone bar Lyon.  And that game was decided by a bad pk call and I thought Lyon was the better team.

Wait until they play the likes of OM, Monaco, Nice, maybe even Lille...  those teams will punish PSG if they play like this.  But also, those teams have more ambition so likely PSG are able to play more fee too.

I don't see PSG winning the league btw.  Not like this.  It will catch up to them.  I think OM does it with Nice as an outsider.  Remember that OM has 2 games in hand and Nice 1.  So PSG being up by 10 points on OM is really 4 points assuming OM does what it needs to.

OM doesn't care about Europa League.  None of the french teams do, unfortunately.  Not enough money involved and don't have deep enough squads to make it worth their while. So they're going to concentrate on the league.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by farfan Sun Sep 26, 2021 2:47 am

The sudden interest in LOL 1 PSG games from certain Barça fans is quite telling. We're getting to see who are the true fans of the club and who are the Messi fanboys who were just along for the ride. Laughing
farfan
farfan
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester City

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Sun Sep 26, 2021 2:57 am

Thanks Sports, looking forward to those harder games.

To farfan n ppl who think like that, well its normal for us Messi fans to follow PSG now naturally, I still support Barca, n watch both. This discussion have done before, some will agree some wont, just different ppl have different preferences n influences/values/factors when they choose what teams to watch really... certainly doesnt mean Im not a 'true fan'.

BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Sun Sep 26, 2021 5:34 am

farfan wrote:The sudden interest in LOL 1 PSG games from certain Barça fans is quite telling. We're getting to see who are the true fans of the club and who are the Messi fanboys who were just along for the ride. Laughing

Its funny how you refer to Ligue 1 as LOL 1 as a french person. I thought enough people are making fun of the league as it is

Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Perucho21 Sun Sep 26, 2021 6:14 am

Thought it was LigueLOL not LOL1
Perucho21
Perucho21
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Sun Sep 26, 2021 10:05 am

farfan wrote:The sudden interest in LOL 1 PSG games from certain Barça fans is quite telling. We're getting to see who are the true fans of the club and who are the Messi fanboys who were just along for the ride. Laughing

This is how you get fans outside of France. People like players and follow teams because of the players... then suddenly, their kids start following the team, etc.

No other way.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Mamad Mon Sep 27, 2021 12:51 am

So There is a video of Mbappe saying "Neymar doesn't pass to me". come to Madrid and Benzema will pass to you with his eyes closed cheers .
Mamad
Mamad
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Mon Sep 27, 2021 1:25 am

Mamad wrote:So There is a video of Mbappe saying "Neymar doesn't pass to me". come to Madrid and Benzema will pass to you with his eyes closed cheers .

He actually says that "c--t" doesn't pass to me. It's far more explicit than what you wrote.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Mon Sep 27, 2021 1:27 am

OM games are absolutely crazy btw... so much fun. Our defense though Laughing That's what happens when you attack with absolutely no conscience. Thankfully, we score a lot.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Mon Sep 27, 2021 6:42 am

Whats happened to Mbappe? Geez, I know these things happen with the big stars big egos, but they were good friends at some point right? This is worrying, them two are the 2 real goal makers in the goal and they are not even getting along nowadays? No wonder PSG arent playing well.
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Mon Sep 27, 2021 6:57 am

BarcaLearning wrote:Whats happened to Mbappe? Geez, I know these things happen with the big stars big egos, but they were good friends at some point right? This is worrying, them two are the 2 real goal makers in the goal and they are not even getting along nowadays? No wonder PSG arent playing well.

It started out well.. then got very shaky quickly when Neymar would miss games to go to parties etc... Mbappe has a big ego; but he's the consummate professional and wants to win. Then they patched things up and became friends again.

I wouldn't be surprised that Mbappe was angry that Neymar showed up fat to start the season. Despite all the Madrid and PSG saga, Mbappe showed up early (despite Euro), in shape and has played every game.

This was never going to work IMO. Two completely different types of people.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 26 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 18 ... 26  Next