Warrior
S
Arquitecto
Luca
rincon
34 posters

Page 4 of 19 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11 ... 19  Next

Go down

Juventus summer 2020 special - now summer 2023 - Page 4 Empty Re: Juventus summer 2020 special - now summer 2023

Post by Arquitecto Sat Aug 29, 2020 3:16 pm

Insane that Kean is being valued this high given as said he is a proven scrub and Ramsey was just used ineffectually.

Yes yes I get the home-grown quota but surely it can be used on another.

Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Juventus summer 2020 special - now summer 2023 - Page 4 Empty Re: Juventus summer 2020 special - now summer 2023

Post by S Sat Aug 29, 2020 3:20 pm

I would sell Ramsey if a decent offer comes but not for Kean.

Surely he can be used in swaps for better players or maybe attract concrete interest from English teams once the market is up and running

Loan swap doesnt make much sense. Khedira needs to GTFO first before even thinking of loaning out Ramsey.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Sat Aug 29, 2020 3:28 pm

Can’t ignore Ramsey’s wages, also that Kean was sold for 30M one year ago.

I don’t think it’s far-fetched. Clearing Ramsey’s wages would be immense

Luca
J Council Master

Back to top Go down

Post by S Sat Aug 29, 2020 3:47 pm

I agree but there are other players as well who barely contribute anything who are sitting on massive wages. Higuain is a given at this point.  There's Khedira and Douglas Costa as well who had minimal impact last season that are sitting on big contracts, the former undeservedly so. Atleast with the Brazilian,  there is a chance we generate a decent sum with his potential sale.

For comparison's sake :
Higuain - €7.5M
Costa - €6.5M
Khedira - €6M
Rabiot - €7M
Ramsey - €7M

Barring Ronaldo, these are among our highest paid players. (Excluded Dybala and De Ligt too who earn in the same ballpark)

Plus there's no guarantee a club like Everton would be ready to pay Ramsey 250K-300K a week(which is more or less his average weekly wage) to bring him back to the PL. If there are no decent offers and if we cant secure a top level midfield talent(like Aouar for example) , I'd rather just keep him and give him one more season to see what he can do than loan him to Everton and pay 50% of his wages or something.

I really doubt Everton can afford his wages which is my biggest concern behind this deal but lets see.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Sat Aug 29, 2020 3:52 pm

Those are all problems @S

I know the justification behind Rabiot, Ramsey and even Khedira is that because they were signed for free, they were afforded higher wages

Now it puts us in a bad spot trying to move them because no one wants to assume those wages but we definitely need to clear some space

Our midfield is clogged with shit. Ramsey leaving definitely allows for another player in, which is why I’m for it

It doesn’t mean that we still don’t have to move Higuain, Khedira, Costa etc. That still needs to happen

Probably Khedira and Higuain will be terminated

Ramsey swap for Kean is good for us, reduces wages and brings a backup striker

Costa really depends on the offer. He’s unbelievably talented but he doesn’t produce enough

Luca
J Council Master

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Sat Aug 29, 2020 5:36 pm

Ramsey swap for Kean would be ideal, he showed nothing this year and makes a ton of money.

Perfect solution to a couple of issues.

We sold him for 30m a year ago as a promising striker. 1 bad year abroad for a kid doesn't negate everything he did before. Given how little Ramsey contributes and how much money he makes this seems like an ideal solution for us. Our bench midfielders (Khedira, Ramsey) should not be our highest earners in midfield.
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by adun101 Sat Aug 29, 2020 7:49 pm

Hapless_Hans wrote:
Strange take. Aouar was completely running the show for Lyon against us. Looks like an absolute creative midfield boss.

Right, running the show with 35% possession. He's not creative, he only thinks he is. I've watched the cutup of that game and nothing's changed, he had a nice pass when he put Dembele(?) 1v1 with Neuer and that was all. For the rest, his final pass was still abysmal. Bernardeschi can do that too

Matuidi's strong suits were work ethic and defensive ability and McKennie is praised for the exact same things, so I'm not losing sleep over it. As for offense, Matuidi was a scrub, the bar is set very low on that side. Can is a nice player, but nothing special. He's too limited by his body build, he has the turning radius of a stretch limo
adun101
adun101
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Sun Aug 30, 2020 3:23 am

Jealous you guys got McKennie, but very excited to see how he gets on in calcio. Not a move I was expecting. Tyler Adams perhaps has the bigger overall ceiling, but McKennie has the immediate characteristics that I think can help Juve right now. He was a leader in that Schalke team, a rarity for Americans in Europe. He's mentally tough and a physical dynamo with a long battery. When things aren't going Juve's way, he's that player that will still be putting in the crunching tackles and still harrassing opposing players deep into stoppages. He's not the offensive weapon at club level that he is for USA though so I don't expect to see him leading attacks from deep.

You guys are about to get quite a few more American fans.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Sun Aug 30, 2020 11:27 am

Good to read that @McLewis, most of us don't know what to expect from this signing.

It seems like we have agreed for Dzeko, with both Dzeko and Roma in terms of numbers for 10m. Higuain needs to agree to a solution before it can go through.
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Sun Aug 30, 2020 11:36 am

@Hans the deal for McKennie is confirmed now in Juve's statement

4.5m loan with option to buy for 18m, the option becomes an obligation if certain criteria are met (the rumor was playing 60% of matches, unconfirmed). There are extra 7m possible bonuses for achievements during the duration of his contract.
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Sun Aug 30, 2020 3:40 pm

Dzeko is an interesting signing.

The single only thing going against him is age otherwise I must stress he is good as ever despite being less prolific these days though those are due to circumstances and bad luck.

As a personality in the locker room he is a tremendous leader and personality. As a persona he is like Ibra who is very demanding of his forward line and wont take any conflictual nonsense from anyone including Ronaldo so its best they get along fast.

Shame he leaves Roma and has left a good legacy there.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Warrior Sun Aug 30, 2020 3:46 pm

I expect 15-20 goals overall. His age is a hypothetical problem, we'll know after 6 months is he still good enough for Juve. I believe he does, anyway currently he checks all boxes. Direct replacement and improvement over Higuain.

Moise Kean one of the prospects who got me the most hype these recent years... vs Aaron Ramsey useless, overpaid and 10 years older ?!? No brainer
Warrior
Warrior
FORZA JUVE

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre Sun Aug 30, 2020 3:57 pm

A great vice-CF as Dzeko is another reason because Juve are going to win also next Scudetto.
in Serie A he's destined to last other 3 years, if number of matches is is rationed
Even this season proves it.
On the other hand it is the same league where Ibrahimovic (a playe similar to Dzeko as typology ) is legit even with his age.
Dzeko with that physique combined to his ability to "see" football as few players lasts up to 37
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sun Aug 30, 2020 4:00 pm

Warrior wrote:Rabiot, Bentancur, Ramsey i rate none of them higher than B+ on a good day

They are not real creators, they barely defend, in fact we have a bunch of dudes who are correct in every aspect but great in nothing. Now that we bought hidden gem McKennie, what we need is a reliable passer as direct link to our attackers... like Pjanic... had he play in his best role

Sarri can't use or coach a midfielder to save his life.

Ramsey is an elite midfielder who is great at everything. Watch Pirlo recognise that.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre Sun Aug 30, 2020 4:03 pm

Hapless_Hans wrote:
Mr Nick09 wrote:Messi x Cristiano just saying...

holy shit Fiat make it happen ffs

Pls.
These thugs must begin to prioritize again Ferrari that it's a fucking joke in 2020
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Warrior Sun Aug 30, 2020 4:07 pm

Rennes supposedly after Rugani

The only rumor i've seen about Bernardeschi links him to... ARSENAL rofl

Higuain & Khedira by now we sell them in Qatar, in China, or release them whatever. Ramsey bound to leave hopefully. Who else ? Douglas ? at this point i rather keep him one more ½ season
Warrior
Warrior
FORZA JUVE

Back to top Go down

Post by Warrior Sun Aug 30, 2020 4:08 pm

Ramsey i remember him being very legit, some years ago as i watched Arsenal in Premier League and he was all over the place

He can still look good sometimes, but too rarely, our standards in midfield must be far higher than that
Warrior
Warrior
FORZA JUVE

Back to top Go down

Post by S Sun Aug 30, 2020 4:10 pm

I am not a huge fan of Ramsey but suddenly he's being underrated here. If we get no top midfielder, then I would rather keep him for another season instead of loaning him out.

The only concern is his fitness but we have Bertelli back and hopefully he can bring the injuries down.

Loan swapping for Kean is stupid. Let's be honest, you guys wouldn't give two hoots about Kean if not for his Italian passport. He's bang average but I would take him as a 4th striker though, just puttimg it out there.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Warrior Sun Aug 30, 2020 4:15 pm

Could not care less which country he's from

He was a beast for the few games he played here. Sold at Everton for a high price at 20 years old, he screwed up, but i am not too worried for him. Will become a deluxe Lukaku.

Maybe i exaggerate to swap for Ramsey. Bernardeschi + cash would be smarter so we can spend our money on 1 top CM instead of 2 lesser
Warrior
Warrior
FORZA JUVE

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Sun Aug 30, 2020 4:17 pm

We almost always looked worse with Ramsey in the team.

I just don’t think he’s worth investing another season into, but I’m happy to be wrong about that. He’s shown nothing at Juve to merit anything more.

Even Rabiot came good post-COVID. Bentancur flourished this season.

I don’t think any Juve fan would be that sad to see Ramsey move on

For the record, I don’t think Kean is very good either. He’s just a young backup CF that we could utilize. It’s more important to clear Ramsey’s wages and make a space in the midfield that hopefully goes to a top player

Luca
J Council Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Warrior Sun Aug 30, 2020 4:21 pm

Lazio seems a club that could use Ramsey + cash

Ideally we trade him for another CM, but who will take the bait seriously ?
Warrior
Warrior
FORZA JUVE

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Sun Aug 30, 2020 4:26 pm

No one in Italy will pay Ramsey’s wages outside of Juve

Luca
J Council Master

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Sun Aug 30, 2020 4:28 pm

RealGunner wrote:
Warrior wrote:Rabiot, Bentancur, Ramsey i rate none of them higher than B+ on a good day

They are not real creators, they barely defend, in fact we have a bunch of dudes who are correct in every aspect but great in nothing. Now that we bought hidden gem McKennie, what we need is a reliable passer as direct link to our attackers... like Pjanic... had he play in his best role

Sarri can't use or coach a midfielder to save his life.

Ramsey is an elite midfielder who is great at everything. Watch Pirlo recognise that.

Right. Because Jorginho, Allan, Hamsik, Zielinski, Diawara, Bentancur, Rabiot, etc and even Saponara of all people didnt look great in midfield under Sarri in Serie A.

I had high hopes for Ramsey but his level was a total disappointment. Given the balance of what he earns vs what he brings to the table its a no brainer to do a swap with Kean for us. But sadly I don't think Everton would go for that. Ramsey is not a 30m player at this moment.

Ideally he stays fit for a season and find great form and we fall in love with him. Problem is how uncertain those hypotheticals are. June would surely take a good offer for him.
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Sun Aug 30, 2020 4:36 pm

I cannot understand why Jjuve signed Ramsey in the first place (and on massive wages) if they were going to give him only a bit-part role for one season and then desperately try to get rid of.

Also didn't realise Ramsey is turning 30 already this year, I thought he'd be something like 27. I kinda doubt he wants to sign for a club like Everton as his last big contract.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Sun Aug 30, 2020 4:41 pm

We didn't give him a bit part role though, he was supposed to be a starter.

Bentancur and Rabiot just eclipsed him, on top of his own injuries.
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Sun Aug 30, 2020 4:43 pm

Corriere reporting Pirlol could go for a 343 to which of course would have Dzeko drop behind CR & Dybala as a Treuquartista in attack.

Unlikely but most need to get Dzeko's creative abilities and to lead the line are huge hence why it's unwise to just follow his goal tally and more the influence he causes on field as a whole.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 19 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11 ... 19  Next