Kaladin
Perucho21
Casciavit
Myesyats
S
20 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

UCL QF 2019/20 | Atletico Madrid Vs Leipzig  - Page 3 Empty Re: UCL QF 2019/20 | Atletico Madrid Vs Leipzig

Post by BarrileteCosmico Thu Aug 13, 2020 11:47 pm

They're Atleti, you're going to hold them to the standard of one of their best seasons ever when they won the league and reached the CL finals? Consistently finishing 3rd and making a play for the CL is their level and there's a value to continuing to meet it.

Atleti will never be able to fight for the title every season when there's such a financial disparity. They may sign someone like Felix but the competition signs 2 of them every summer, if not more.

We all made fun of Wenger's final seasons, but at least Arsenal were still relevant back then. Bet Arsenal fans wished they could consistently make top 4 and CL QFs now. Do you think Atleti would be doing any better with someone else?

BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

UCL QF 2019/20 | Atletico Madrid Vs Leipzig  - Page 3 Empty Re: UCL QF 2019/20 | Atletico Madrid Vs Leipzig

Post by M99 Fri Aug 14, 2020 12:07 am

They are not fighting for the title any season, never mind every. Financially they've been spending like a top club too. Not counting Felix since it was  the Griezmann money, they spent 70 on Lemar, 60 on Costa, 60 on Morata. All this investment just for them to move sideways.

I said it would be dumb for Atleti to sack Simeone, my point is if Simeone wants to achieve more in his coaching career he needs to leave because he cannot do any more with this team, which has a lot to do with his tactics and terrible transfers. As for Atleti, its a hypothetical if another coach can achieve more. The right coach can, in my opinion, but finding someone like that is harder than finding an Emery who will leave them worse off.

Btw Wenger didn't make top 4 in his last two years and the last time he reached CL quarters was 2011.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Fri Aug 14, 2020 12:17 am

Btw Tyler Adams has to be the most American name there is Laughing

Soon as that dude scored, I could hear eagles cawing and smell hot dogs in the grill Molenation
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Fri Aug 14, 2020 1:27 am

M99 wrote:They are not fighting for the title any season, never mind every. Financially they've been spending like a top club too. Not counting Felix since it was  the Griezmann money, they spent 70 on Lemar, 60 on Costa, 60 on Morata. All this investment just for them to move sideways.

I said it would be dumb for Atleti to sack Simeone, my point is if Simeone wants to achieve more in his coaching career he needs to leave because he cannot do any more with this team, which has a lot to do with his tactics and terrible transfers. As for Atleti, its a hypothetical if another coach can achieve more. The right coach can, in my opinion, but finding someone like that is harder than finding an Emery who will leave them worse off.

Btw Wenger didn't make top 4 in his last two years and the last time he reached CL quarters was 2011.

Yeah having reviewed the most recent financial statements, swiss ramble posts and calculating net spend on transfermarkt I'll agree that they are spending a lot and poorly. Simeone has never been a transfer genius so no surprise there. Still you have to admit to a certain amount of bad luck too when their Portuguese star complains about the culture shock of moving to Spain.

UCL QF 2019/20 | Atletico Madrid Vs Leipzig  - Page 3 ZgkkGK3

https://twitter.com/SwissRamble/status/1214453306900267008

And they beat RM for the past 2 seasons, must count for something right?

Also totally forgot the last time Wenger made QFs was in 2011, seems kinda crazy in retrospect. But he hung on more than most of us thought
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Fri Aug 14, 2020 4:21 pm

Leipzig were really impressive in this game. I havent watch them a lot but previously I thought they were a bit overhyped, but this game really showed their qualities, they outplayed mostly a not so impressive Atletico, but still, cant take anything from this achievement, also without their supposed to be star play Werner?

Simone at Atletico have past his peak long ago, so its another case of if the club and fans want more of the same at best, or are happy to watch the team steadily decline, or would want to gamble and go for a manager change. I would always choose to change rather than watch the team stagnant at best if not regress, for better or worst. Dont regret Valverde leaving even knowing the result of Setien now, it just had to happen.

Also cant help but add how I hate Atletico so often manager to outplay us and gave us trouble, denying us a title and in the CL too, but are in fact not that great and get beat by other lesser teams than us often. Another strange thing in football how one team although not that great has the know how to beat a certain 'better' team.

Last edited by BarcaLearning on Fri Aug 14, 2020 4:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by danyjr Fri Aug 14, 2020 4:26 pm

Pochettino would be perfect for Atlético tbh.
danyjr
danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Boca Juniors

http://www.tikitakatoom.ml

Back to top Go down

Post by titosantill Fri Aug 14, 2020 6:00 pm

@barcalearning, beggars cant be choosers. hiring a new coach is not like walking on ants , especially for a club like atleti that isnt real or barca. the club takes into account the fact the coach will want new sets of players (with big clubs for the understanding is the backbone is relatively strong, that only a few pieces are needed, for the most part. for a club like atleti, no), the coaches contractual situation and club's obligations towards that (its cool for madrid and barca to part with say 1-3 million euros when sacking a coach, a club like atleti would rather keep those funds), and what coach are you looking for? can you afford him? and can he do what simeone has done for you?

remember atleti where super crap and badly mismanaged prior to simeone ; and they did undergo coaching merry go rounds. they were run like a public restroom during the gil years. whether they like it or not, simeone has the upper hand. imo he is the one who should be asking himself if he wants to stay or leave.....not the club nor the fans
titosantill
titosantill
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Sat Aug 15, 2020 4:09 am

titosantill wrote:@barcalearning, beggars cant be choosers. hiring a new coach is not like walking on ants , especially for a club like atleti that isnt real or barca. the club takes into account the fact the coach will want new sets of players (with big clubs for the understanding is the backbone is relatively strong, that only a few pieces are needed, for the most part. for a club like atleti, no), the coaches contractual situation and club's obligations towards that (its cool for madrid and barca to part with say 1-3 million euros when sacking a coach, a club like atleti would rather keep those funds), and what coach are you looking for? can you afford him? and can he do what simeone has done for you?

remember atleti where super crap and badly mismanaged prior to simeone ; and they did undergo coaching merry go rounds. they were run like a public restroom during the gil years. whether they like it or not, simeone has the upper hand. imo he is the one who should be asking himself if he wants to stay or leave.....not the club nor the fans

That makes a lot of sense, I gotta stop thinking like everyones a top rich club at the time I guess Razz Yes Atletico were a bit of a joke for many years, until Simone. Its an achievement in itself to have them consistently competing at this level I guess. But things change, depending of what a fan would want, and ultimately as u said, the club management wants, and they look to be happy with it now.

As for Simone, will be interesting to see if he can manage to reignite the team to the new heights again, if so he could become a one club manager of sorts, otherwise he has many clubs he can try.
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum