El Gunner
Luca
RealGunner
S
Hapless_Hans
37 posters

Page 2 of 14 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8 ... 14  Next

Go down

Andrea Pirlo - Fatih Kamagümrük SK manager - "sono un allenatore vincente"  - Page 2 Empty Re: Andrea Pirlo - Fatih Kamagümrük SK manager - "sono un allenatore vincente"

Post by Casciavit Sat Aug 08, 2020 9:05 pm

Pirlo, Xabi, and Xavi all gonna walk into top clubs as coaches while Scholes was busy getting abused by Mourinho for his punditry on sky sports. Levels.

Casciavit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Andrea Pirlo - Fatih Kamagümrük SK manager - "sono un allenatore vincente"  - Page 2 Empty Re: Andrea Pirlo - Fatih Kamagümrük SK manager - "sono un allenatore vincente"

Post by S Sat Aug 08, 2020 9:06 pm

Firenze wrote:absolute circus show

you love to see it

I always knew that Juventus were the only team that would ruin their own strangehold on the league

Our banter era has just begun (or not)

Remains to be seen
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Aug 09, 2020 12:54 am

probably brought in as a transition - but pirlo is likable - calm person doesn't give s..t about what goes around media or in public - in terms of that i think its a good signing

the only thing that is a question is - (from the outside) as neutral we have seen that some big name players had issues with allegri, then sarri, now do they have balls to say anything pirlo if anything goes against them ? can pirlo be like lampard and just dont let player-power take over dressing room and how quickly he will mould this team into the way he wants team to play in terms of tactics , his vision , the way he wants team to play (pirlo liked playing possession football himself at milan) and will rest of the team follow him ?

thats my view but i think pirlo will be alright - again he has this calmness persona and doesn't think too much on what goes around him so in that respect i think pirlo will do just fine. if he fails he doesn't give me an impression that he will dwell too much about it.

also having got rid of sarri means juve is probably saddled w/ sarri's paycheck then if they were to get big name they would have had to pay a lot anyway so

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Sun Aug 09, 2020 6:47 am

Perhaps a sign that Juve's dominance will be over next season? Razz After all, its been 7 or 8 years straight they won the title? No team can keep winning it non stop forever...
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Sun Aug 09, 2020 8:26 am

BarcaLearning wrote:Perhaps a sign that Juve's dominance will be over next season? Razz After all, its been 7 or 8 years straight they won the title? No team can keep winning it non stop forever...

This is Pirlo's biggest challenge, can he motivate and get the best out of a team that's won nine straight domestic titles? Where most of the key players, those multi-champions, are in their 30s now. Unless Jjuventus manage to offload some of those older players and replace them with younger ones, it may be that the only thing Pirlo achieves in his first managerial job is to become the guy who oversaw the end of Jjuventus's title streak.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by adun101 Sun Aug 09, 2020 9:53 am

El Gunner wrote:yes lovvvin it,this recent trend of former legends becoming coaches.

And Agnelli couldn't resist jumping on this trend. Sounds like TikTok is his true calling
adun101
adun101
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Warrior Sun Aug 09, 2020 10:34 am

Love Pirlo but let's be honest this is pure bs
Warrior
Warrior
FORZA JUVE

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Sun Aug 09, 2020 10:42 am

Warrior wrote:Love Pirlo but let's be honest this is pure bs

Yeah I'm afraid that's the only way of looking at it
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Warrior Sun Aug 09, 2020 11:33 am

Mmmm i try hard to express my disappointment with all nuances. Casciavit's posts summarize well.

We took the risky way i believe it was influenced by the urgent obsession of having a cool brand, otherwise why rush him, why not give him time at u23

On the positive side, based on the style of play, mentality and intelligence, of all our former players it's Pirlo who has more chances of being a tactical mastermind
Warrior
Warrior
FORZA JUVE

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Sun Aug 09, 2020 1:19 pm

I would pick Buffon as #1 coach pick from our recent players. Pirlo would be my other pick.

Trying to piece his profile, Pirlo has said that it was Conte that made him want to be a coach in the first place, and that Conte was the best coach he has ever worked with. Out of a group including Lippi, Trappatoni, Ancelotti and Allegri.

Cannavaro asked him about his preferred system and Pirlo replied that it depends on the players, but generally a 433 big on possession.

Looking forward to what Pirlo can bring, gonna be a wild ride Laughing

I wonder who his coaching team will be. Would have been ideal to have someone like Carrera to support him as he did to Conte.
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Sun Aug 09, 2020 2:19 pm

Why is this thread not renamed to a sack watch yet??

Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Sun Aug 09, 2020 3:09 pm

What a terrible appointment.

From someone who used to take interest in Milan's golden team of the last decade I'll explain how Pirlo is.

He is the one who spent the whole day playing FIFA right before the world cup final.

Was known to rather moan in training when it got tough as simply it was not in his football characteristic to prioritise fitness.

Speaks lightly at best of aesthetically pleasing football but admitted long before he does not partake in studying the game.

Is generally a very laid back and care free personality as even shown from above.

That is not a hit against him. This is me saying there is basically no track record of him wanting to be a coach or studying the art itself.

And before we get the lazy opinion that most put out where they expect old school deep lying playmakers to somehow turn out to be a genius into coaching, it does not work that way.

Most of their skill and vision cannot be taught for it is inherent within them through talent and repetition. It does not necessarily translate onto communicating it onto the players of the countless variables involved when it comes to being a manager.

Xavi is touted to be great for a reason. The man literally even watches Serie B and any game he can find living with at his mom's place in back in Terrassa.

You have Cristiano Ronaldo in the twilight of his career not including Cheillini to raising players like Matias de Ligt.

He is in this position due to Agnelli's personal liking to him and mostly that alone.

If it does not fail I will be surprised but I do also wonder how he will earn the respect of the veterans given he has a 0% track record of even coaching beyond his vino garden.

Interesting at least as with Juve you expected them to hire Inzaghi, Andreazzoli or some mid table manager with modest success for less than a year.

Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Sun Aug 09, 2020 3:18 pm

I do also see this as Juve waiting out for Pep or Zidane's contract to expire. To season Pirlo as a coach for 1-2 seasons or beyond should he be a success. He has a low salary and low maintenance at this point so does not represent a net loss per say.

Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by S Sun Aug 09, 2020 3:40 pm

Yes next season will probably be our 'year zero'

'We are fine as we are' :galliani:
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Sun Aug 09, 2020 4:24 pm

That’s pre-Juve Pirlo though @arq

Conte revitalized his career and he had zero fitness or work ethic issues while at juventus.

In any case, being a manger and a player are two different things.

I think we can all agree Pirlo is a champion and this appointment goes completely against the grain in so many ways. We are clearly hoping for a Zidane here.

No one really knows what’s going to happen and that’s exciting. If anything it’s a stop gap to re-appointing Allegri or another established manager.

If Ronaldo leaves this summer then take Pirlo’s appointment as a sign of a rebuild.

Luca
J Council Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Glory Sun Aug 09, 2020 5:58 pm

imo he's too handsome and classy to fail as a manager. Could be Juve's Zidane Ole. Thumbs up

Glory
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Sun Aug 09, 2020 6:01 pm

Conte literally is the opposite of Pirlo though Luca.

It needn't be pointed out their personality differences as Conte now was always how he was and studied tactics during even his playing days whereas Pirlo's interest is only recent.

It is logical based on his playing style and his absurd footballing IQ he will be good but we know all the variables included.

Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre Sun Aug 09, 2020 6:26 pm

Yes. I've never marry the narrative that it's enough a brain to become a great coach.
for example as Inter fan (unlike of other Interisti) I've never done  the automatic equation Cambiasso = great coach, because  you have to translate everything on another level

Coaching is another thing, you have to manage   locker room etc substantially there is   the difference between teaching and practice

It takes self-denial, passion, you are a man on a mission, it is an exhausting job that is not for everyone

it's another thing than being a footballer

for example Pep Guardiola is Pep Guardiola not just because he was smarter than others on pitch, but he's this also because he lives for this job,  he 's a bench crazy addicted  , born for this job, a man who thinks around 50 different offensive solution , a sort of nerd of the football.

I'd expect a bit before making the association Pirlo = Guardiola just because both 've been two Giants of the midfield.
A bit doubtful about the fact that Pirlo has same vocation, he was esitant to make this job until recent, he is the man that " The spark came when , at night, I wasn't sleeping but I was imaging how placing players on pitch. There I thought : I have to do this ".
Not even he expected to be named for this appointment.  
He hasn't even a staff. It is not a great problem to find it , okay, but it's index of carelessness.
Juve made a choice not typical of its way of doing, because it's based on improvisation.
I mean not even Juve management know what's his type of football, and not even him , because we have nothing about him. No matches, not even a thesis.
Substantially  , it is not enough to have seen the game  on the pitch like no other for being able to lead a great team from the bench.

Last edited by Robespierre on Sun Aug 09, 2020 6:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Sun Aug 09, 2020 6:30 pm

Beautifully summed up Robes.

With Conte to Pep to even Zidane all had an idea of what they would aim to produce on field before they even coached.

With Pirlo there is no idea what his philosophy really is beyond the fact that he likes to watch champagne football (like anyone not named Serse Cosmi).

Unless he tells his ideology in bed with Agnelli we'll have to wait till late-pre season to see what L'architetto wants from his squad.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Sun Aug 09, 2020 9:36 pm

Seems to me that regardless of the outcome this is a fantastic move for neutrals.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Mon Aug 10, 2020 1:36 am

Uncharacteristically risky move from Juve. I'd expect this from us, Milan and maybe even Inter, but not them.

This should motivate the likes of Inter, Lazio, Napoli and ourselves to get our shit together. This is a big chance to stop Juve's scudetto run at 9 and make this league truly interesting to the neutral again.

Chances like this don't come often.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Aug 10, 2020 2:17 am

Gattuso to Pirlo "He is screwed"
says it all if not now then at some point of his coaching career, everyone does

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Aug 10, 2020 2:19 am

BarrileteCosmico wrote:Seems to me that regardless of the outcome this is a fantastic move for neutrals.

yep i agree - i just like the fact that pirlo doesn't give a damn about anything that goes around him - plus now its said that he is targeting tonali now so if that is true then he has good taste

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Mon Aug 10, 2020 2:57 am

Arquitecto wrote:Conte literally is the opposite of Pirlo though Luca.

It needn't be pointed out their personality differences as Conte now was always how he was and studied tactics during even his playing days whereas Pirlo's interest is only recent.

It is logical based on his playing style and his absurd footballing IQ he will be good but we know all the variables included.

I agree Arq, tbh. I just think we can’t talk definitively towards someone who hasn’t managed a match yet (although here lies the issue).

You go from Sarri, who did have that tactical expertise and dedication, but was not well-received by the players, the fans and seemingly not the management.

Someone fresh is needed. Although this brings that concept to new heights (or depths). I’m okay with it because it’s Pirlo... I mean just saying that makes me look forward to the season in a way I never would have, especially right after the Lyon match.

It really depends what he has to work with. The squad needs some work and that would be true no matter who was managing.

The whole idea of Sarri was to have someone playing a progressive brand of soccer. Winning and making it look good. Instead we saw a very boring and stale approach, losing more games with him than with Allegri and Conte’s so-called boring play. And then to top things off he had half the winner’s mentality that Allegri and conte showed. It just really didn’t work on all levels. Sarri’s Napoli was special but everything else has been shit.

Luca
J Council Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Warrior Mon Aug 10, 2020 3:12 am

Great title

Started with Sarri, ended with Pirlo Laughing at least we can say, on this week-end we improved our elegance
Warrior
Warrior
FORZA JUVE

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Mon Aug 10, 2020 4:34 am

It just did not make sense for Sarri to abandon what made him famous for a more tactical way considering that simply is not his strength despite his attention to detail. Allegri and Conte utterly blow him out of the water in that and their big match set-ups exemplify that.

First info on Pirlo has come out when it comes to his tactics which is about what I remember. That he seems to like a 4-3-3 and a near Zeman approach of "bombing forward" although I am sure it will be nowhere near as suicidal.

Isco seems to be mentioned by him in which the idea is he wants to have him combine with CR once again, provided Cristiano stays.

The important part is if he at least has a clear idea of what he wants for Pirlo's IQ off the field is generally shown to be quite special based on what he speaks about and how, despite him being quiet.

Gattuso did famously say Pirlo seldom speaks but when he did the whole Milan locker room listened.

Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 14 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8 ... 14  Next