El Gunner
Luca
RealGunner
S
Hapless_Hans
37 posters

Page 8 of 14 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 14  Next

Go down

Andrea Pirlo - Fatih Kamagümrük SK manager - "sono un allenatore vincente"  - Page 8 Empty Re: Andrea Pirlo - Fatih Kamagümrük SK manager - "sono un allenatore vincente"

Post by rincon Wed Dec 09, 2020 9:11 am

Since the first Barca match:
7 wins 2 draws
First manager to ever go 10 games unbeaten in his Serie A debut
Topped the CL group

@Hapless_Hans Proud

rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Andrea Pirlo - Fatih Kamagümrük SK manager - "sono un allenatore vincente"  - Page 8 Empty Re: Andrea Pirlo - Fatih Kamagümrük SK manager - "sono un allenatore vincente"

Post by Hapless_Hans Wed Dec 09, 2020 10:08 am

rincon wrote:Since the first Barca match:
7 wins 2 draws
Topped the CL group

@Hapless_Hans Proud

3-0 win at the Camp Nou :bow:
he's getting into the groove :bow:
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Wed Dec 09, 2020 2:43 pm

I hope Juve keeps developing under Pirlo. From past few seasons, I have been dreaming of facing Atletico or Juventus. Since last season we played Atletico, I hope this season Liverpool get to face in Juve in QF or SF. What a cracking game of football it will be
Klopp vs Pirlo Proud

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Sun Jan 17, 2021 9:44 pm

S wrote:

NAILING IT

Casciavit wrote:I've done some digging around on Pirlo and the guy knows ball.

-Called Frenkie the best midfielder in the world
-Says midfield wins you CL
-Likes to play possession 4-3-3 football
-Says systems don't matter but the proper spacial occupation does

These sound like words I've said myself. The last quote alone was enough for me. There are 4 ways he'll turn out:

He'll coach boring sideways possession thinking he's Pep but doesn't implement proper positional play to make it effective think the likes of De Boer or Lopetegui.

He'll coach entertaining possession football but the players don't accept his ideas think Sarri or Setien.

Actually coaches positional football making him closer to the likes of Pep and Conte.

Turns out like Zidane-type who isn't strictly tactically and likes to give his players freedom. Plays cross and inshallah and his strengths lie in man-management instead. Think of a more balanced footballing approach.

Considering he must have given an insane job interview, Agnelli probably expects he'll be getting the third option. Sarri constantly complained about how Juve struggled to defend on the front foot so unless Pirlo does a total clear out I'm not sure how he'll be able to implement that himself.

Rest assured though it will only take me one game to realize whether he has potential or not. When does Serie A start next season?
Casciavit wrote:
Within a football of principles and spaces, it is still important being able to add plays and movements encoded in the last 30 meters to guarantee greater possibilities and safety for our players.

Play and movements thought and prepared trying to enhance ours features. However I believe that in the last 30 meters the creativity and the individual talent should be the master, with the players free to express themselves by looking for decisive bets.

The organization and the game structure with our principles will be thus of fundamental importance in allowing to reach the last 30 meters with players and positioning able to disorganize the opposing defense and thus favoring the decisive plays of our most important offensive players

Same thing Henry said about Pep in that Sky interview a few years ago. He's clearly Pirlo's biggest influence. From those who coached him, it seems to me he's taken the technical aspect from Carlo and combined them with the positional aspect from Conte. Although as I stated earlier him not being big on quick transitions was my biggest surprise. If we are using his thesis as an example and comparing him to coaches who also thought a similar way, I see his tenure going down like this:

-The players follow him and play the way he wants. This is the ideal situation for Juve. They'll be out there playing like City and will for sure win the title.

-The players struggle to adapt and he doesn't change his philosophy. You'll probably see lots of boring sideways passing. Classic tiki taka. Maybe their individual quality can get them a scudetto like they did for Sarri, but Inter could beat them to it.

-The players struggle to adapt and he tries to change his philosophy himself. Think Setien in his last months at Barca. This is worst case option for Juve and I would expect them to lose the title against Inter.
Casciavit wrote:Just did some digging around and I've been reading that he's been studying De Zerbi comps. The guy is studying tapes of his build-up.

I have no doubt it, he must have sold that he will play Pep-esque football to the Juve management. His first presser and first Serie A game of the season will add credence to my original assumption. What do you think Arq?
Casciavit wrote:So I had a theory earlier in this thread that Pirlo would be a Pep fanboy, but I just read his thesis and he is. His thesis topic was about how he saw football, and he's pretty much a word for word proponent of Pep's version of positional play. 2-3-5/3-2-5 attacking phase, maximum width on the pitch, the defensive 5 being responsible for the construction of play, high line and sweeper keeper, high pressing, 1v1 wingers, inside forwards if you have an overlapping fullback, players who move away from the ball and stay in their positions rather than moving toward the ball, occupation between the lines, max of 2 on a vertical line and 3 on a horizontal line, ball possession, automatized attacking routines, filling the penalty area with 3-4 players, finding the free man, technical midfield responsible for mostly risk-averse circulation with the attacking 5 responsible for the final actions, and more. If you've read any of Pep's books on him speaking about his tactics he says the same exact shit.

For someone who never played under him, he's spouting his same exact concepts. Xavi and Pirlo will be carrying on Cruyff's football. Tears in my eyes. Here's the link to his thesis for those interested: https://juvecanal.com/articles/my-football-by-andrea-pirlo/

^The most surprising thing to me is how it doesn't seem like he wants a regista in his team who can spray long balls, as he doesn't want to force verticality from deep, but rather build through slow structured attacks from one offensive line to the next. He wants a Busquets profile as a 6 rather than that of his own. I can see Arthur being a key cog for him.

Ultimately, what will matter is to see how good he is at applying his concepts out on the field though. I recall Sarri stating that Juve was so conditioned defending from deep and attacking the wide spaces that getting them to do the opposite (defend high, and attack narrow spaces) was difficult. If Pirlo can pull it off, Juve will be playing some of the best football in the world. No wonder Agnelli took a gamble on him.
Casciavit wrote:Danilo stepping up into midfield and making it a 2-3 shape from the defensive 5. Can't believe Juve is playing positional play. Pirlo fffsss.

@Casciavit I'm officially calling out your BS
You, Sir, are the single biggest fraud on this forum
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by S Sun Jan 17, 2021 9:48 pm

I hope we have started the groundwork for a new coach next season. This was a really bad experiment to begin with, probably motivated by financial reasons but Pirlo should go back to the U23, build an identity of his footballing philosophy and then try to move up the ladder. He's unfortunately not cut out for this job sorry.

At this point  a top 4 finish and not getting humiliated in the CL would/should be a very realistic goal.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Spencer Sun Jan 17, 2021 9:52 pm

Hapless_Hans wrote:
7 wins 2 draws
Topped the CL group

@Hapless_Hans Proud

Who is the fraud poster here hmm
Lord Spencer
Lord Spencer
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Sun Jan 17, 2021 11:24 pm

Pirlo is the least experienced manager in Serie A. His results demonstrate exactly that

The performances have relatively been positive. You can tell what he wants to do, but whether he is able to execute or implement that is a question of fact. Sometimes yes, sometimes no. Tonight against inter, definitely not

To be even more honest, we have been carried by Ronaldo’s goals this season and an early season flurry from Morata who has been rather anonymous lately and Cuadrado who just hasn’t been available

I still think that our midfield is just too poor. We have not made a marquee midfield signing since Pjanic

The result is, we rely on the wings and to cross the ball into the middle and pray- which isn’t the worst thing in the world when you’re aiming at Morata and Ronaldo but when it’s up to Chiesa to create any sort of scoring chance, it’s a problem that remains to be solved

The highs of this season have been very exciting and the lows have been very frustrating. It is what it is, I still prefer it to Sarri and Allegri’s last season

There’s a lot of bright spots in the team and with Pirlo. I don’t think he can implement his play consistently relying on midfielders like Bentancur, Rabiot and Arthur who can be great sometimes but not good enough consistently

Luca
J Council Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Casciavit Sun Jan 17, 2021 11:37 pm

Lord Spencer wrote:
Hapless_Hans wrote:
7 wins 2 draws
Topped the CL group

@Hapless_Hans Proud

Who is the fraud poster here hmm

It has to be the worst call out of all time. He himself was a fanboy too ffs.

Even then the content of the posts is me being fond of Pirlo's ideas but repeatedly stating that applying them is a whole other ballgame, and giving scenarios of what happens with coaches who think like him. He also conveniently ignored other posts too. Can't even him credit for the bait. Shame.

Either way, I'm not selling my Pirlo stocks on a loss yet. He has good ideas, and there have been moments Juve looks good and others were they look bad. It's been two extremes, and the injuries haven't helped. There's no shame in getting schooled by Conte in your debut season. The question is will he learn from his mistakes, and will Juve give him the time to do so. We'll have to wait and see.

Casciavit
Casciavit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Warrior Mon Jan 18, 2021 3:02 am

You guys sum it all about the unexperience of Pirlo and he should definitely go "back" to the U-23

As football legend he gets a free pass because it's precisely his past honors that gave him this unfortunate job opportunity. Anyone else coming here with these results gets the provinciale tag.

I'd wish to give a rating to Pirlo after 6 months, but i can't, we haven't seen anything from him. Except that he is not a coaching prodigy, he'll need time to learn, preferably in easier environment. In the Juve context with this particular squad he cannot develop as a coach.

He has no possibility of improving his strategies currently. There is pressure on him. It's half of the season, no time to lose implementing a system that won't work immediately anyways. It's not like we go out there and impose our game to others, this midfield can only do run-and-gun offense and clueless defensively. Instead we use pragmatism (wings) to move the ball forward and we win games whenever we don't allow acres of open space (which is not often enough to my liking)
Warrior
Warrior
FORZA JUVE

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Wed Jan 20, 2021 10:44 pm

First trophy Proud

Comorehensive 2-0 over Napoli in the supercup.
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Warrior Thu Jan 21, 2021 12:45 am

Yes i take back everything i said, GOAT coach :bow: can't believe i missed that

Whoever wins Supercoppa is the real champion of Italy, that's how i perceive it this year
Warrior
Warrior
FORZA JUVE

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Thu Jan 21, 2021 8:59 am

Only reasonable way to perceive it, it is the SUPER cup after all :bow:
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Thu Jan 28, 2021 10:47 am

Yesterday we won vs SPAL in the coppa, win was expected, 4-0.

Something I like that is normally out of character for Juve, is that Pirlo played 10 players U23.

Demiral, De Ligt, Dragusin, Frabotta, Chiesa, Kulusevski, Fagioli, Da Graca, Di Pardo, McKennie

Good to see this in the coppa, particularly with such a ridiculous schedule.
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Thu Jan 28, 2021 10:49 am

It almost sounds like Pirlo would be a good choice for U23 coach
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Thu Jan 28, 2021 3:50 pm

Most pivotal part of the season perhaps

January 30: Sampdoria v Juventus
Feb 3: Inter v Juventus (Coppa Italia)
Feb 6: Juventus v Roma
Feb 10: Juventus v Inter (Coppa Italia)
Feb 13: Napoli v Juventus
Feb 17: Porto v Juventus (CL)

WATTBA

Luca
J Council Master

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Thu Jan 28, 2021 4:18 pm

Luca wrote:

WATTBA

Amazing 2 weeks Laughing
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Spencer Thu Jan 28, 2021 5:11 pm

rincon wrote:
Luca wrote:

WATTBA

Amazing 2 weeks Laughing

Which Napoli vs. Juventus match is this?

Is it the new match, or the postponed one?
Lord Spencer
Lord Spencer
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Thu Jan 28, 2021 5:43 pm

The new match

Luca
J Council Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Warrior Thu Jan 28, 2021 5:53 pm

At some point the plane must leave the ground

What we need is 6-0-0

With less than 5 wins i expect Pirlo will be esonero'd
Warrior
Warrior
FORZA JUVE

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Tue Feb 02, 2021 10:22 pm

Hapless_Hans wrote:It almost sounds like Pirlo would be a good choice for U23 coach

Wouldn't be fair for the rest of Serie C.

Balance of January:
10 matches
9 wins including Inter, Milan, and Napoli
1 trophy
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Thu Feb 25, 2021 2:51 pm

Dybala was ssupposed to be back, still injured.
Arthur, the player that gives meaning to our midfield, looks to have a serious injury and now could face surgery.
Morata was struggling with a virus and now stopped training.
Cuadrado, Chiellini, and Bonucci still out but look to come back in the short term.

Too many packed games this season as most teams are experiencing this.

Ronaldo being a fitness freak is holding our season together.
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Sun Feb 28, 2021 2:23 pm

Andrea Pirlo - Fatih Kamagümrük SK manager - "sono un allenatore vincente"  - Page 8 B733cc10

Luca
J Council Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Tue Mar 09, 2021 8:55 pm

Believe me when i say this: don't ever be deceived by footballing Dissertations for coaching licenses, lord knows i've been through a fair share of coaches

They mean fuck all

Don't complicate it, the man literally has no identity for his team, all i've seen so far is over reliant cross from the wings to Morata and Ronaldo, long balls from deep and set piece delivery. All ironically, in Pirlo's forte.

He's clueless, not the first legend or the last to be a clueless coach
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by S Tue Mar 09, 2021 10:33 pm

OUT

FUCK OFF

Worst coach in Juventus history
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Tue Mar 09, 2021 10:35 pm

trust the process
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Casciavit Tue Mar 09, 2021 10:43 pm

So is he gonna get sacked at the end of the season?
Casciavit
Casciavit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 14 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 14  Next