El Gunner
Luca
RealGunner
S
Hapless_Hans
37 posters

Page 7 of 14 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 10 ... 14  Next

Go down

Andrea Pirlo - Fatih Kamagümrük SK manager - "sono un allenatore vincente"  - Page 7 Empty Re: Andrea Pirlo - Fatih Kamagümrük SK manager - "sono un allenatore vincente"

Post by Myesyats Sun Sep 20, 2020 10:43 pm

so how is the shape?

Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Andrea Pirlo - Fatih Kamagümrük SK manager - "sono un allenatore vincente"  - Page 7 Empty Re: Andrea Pirlo - Fatih Kamagümrük SK manager - "sono un allenatore vincente"

Post by rincon Mon Sep 21, 2020 7:17 am

Shape looks good, ship is steady
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Mon Sep 21, 2020 8:14 am

Myesyats wrote:so how is the shape?

looks good
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre Tue Sep 22, 2020 9:56 am

P.S. Eh but Robes was mean-minded when he said it was a FRAUD exam.......
I know my country , simply.

Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Sun Sep 27, 2020 6:54 pm

huge night tonight for the Italian Pep, his first ever big game of his professional coaching career Molenation
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Sun Sep 27, 2020 6:56 pm

Han's pure excitement in following Pirlo's coaching career has been very endearing, even if unwarranted somewhat.

Against Roma officially set the tone for how he is as a coach, rather than the last match.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by The Demon of Carthage Sun Sep 27, 2020 7:02 pm

Morata and Danilo starting against Roma. What is going on with Pirlo Laughing
The Demon of Carthage
The Demon of Carthage
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Sun Sep 27, 2020 7:03 pm

Robespierre wrote:P.S. Eh but Robes was mean-minded when he said it was a FRAUD exam.......
I know my country , simply.

Heard Juve might get relegated
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Sun Oct 25, 2020 9:56 pm

What are the expectations of Juve fans regarding this season?
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Sun Oct 25, 2020 10:03 pm

No expectations, too many variables

I expect to see a fast, high pressure style

Goals will come on both ends

Lots of rotation within the squad. Different ideas being tried

And win the champions league

Luca
J Council Master

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Sun Oct 25, 2020 10:10 pm

Same as Luca except on that last point. Scratch it and write "win the trebble" instead.
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Mon Oct 26, 2020 12:05 am

rincon wrote:Same as Luca except on that last point. Scratch it and write "win the trebble" instead.
ahhh... in for another disappointing year then
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Warrior Mon Oct 26, 2020 12:43 am

We play Hellas and Crotone only twice a season, thankfully. There is still hope.
Warrior
Warrior
FORZA JUVE

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Mon Oct 26, 2020 11:19 am

More seriously, the expectation for me is similar to with Sarri. Win the scudetto and get to the QF of CL.

We have a significantly younger team with new protagonists so I'm expecting ups and downs, rotations, and more exciting play. Pirlo mentioned bringing the enthusiasm back to Juve (same line as Mancini) and I hold him to that.

I (and everyone else) said many times that this year is the perfect mix of circumstances to lose the scudetto. If we lose the scudetto, for me it will depend on the context of how it was lost to make judgements.
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Mon Oct 26, 2020 1:05 pm

Pirlo's Juve are quite hit and miss so far but he is doing what he intended to do.

I find it interesting he is using this early season as a form of pre-season (since no proper existed for this season, of note) rather than give up on his vision like that bum Sarri did and save face by going for the title instead.

9 titles consecutively has become the expectation for Juventini and the club, winning another will serve Pirlo no favour so might as well excite the fans (and players) by actually building something.

Injuries to their back 4 and no Dybala to Cristiano has no helped along with key other players not finding their place yet.

Ramsey and Morata have stuck out as the best. Morata truly is the definition of a confidence based striker. Ramsey resembles the best Ive ever seen him, under Pirlata.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Wed Oct 28, 2020 11:34 pm

It's just embarrassing. The poor guy is completely in over his head.

And I have no fucking clue why Juve would do this to themselves.
Shocking club management.

Can't see him finishing the season.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Mon Nov 23, 2020 11:00 am

Hapless_Hans wrote:It's just embarrassing. The poor guy is completely in over his head.

And I have no fucking clue why Juve would do this to themselves.
Shocking club management.

Can't see him finishing the season.

1 month since this post. Let's look back.

Ronaldo has missed matches due to covid, and Dybala missing basically the whole season due to injury and illness.

Unbeaten in the league, above Inter, Lazio, Napoli, and Atalanta. 4 points from the top. This I say having been unlucky to draw against Lazio and Verona, two games we really deserved to win.

While having 3/4ths of our defense out for most or all of the season in Chiellini, De Ligt, Alex Sandro, we have the best defensive record in Serie A Proud

Things are not looking too bad.

As of this moment we have finally recovered most of the squad. Mainly Chiellini and Bonucci are missing, but Bonucci should be back asap.

Pirlo's tactics are becoming clearer. With no preseason he said he had to experiment in this first stretch to find the roles and systems, at the same time we got hit with a lot of covid and old injuries so things have been turbulent.

After the international break he was clear: the time for experimentation is over.

So far we play 3-4-3/4-4-2 in attack or defense.

With 2 CBs and a third CB acting as a pseudo-fullback like Barzagli used to do. This has been Danilo, now with Alex Sandro back he may do it sometimes.

Rabiot has been great, our best mid this season. Arthur is adapting and has looked very promising. McKennie is clearly limited, useful for his running but technically so limited, looks like Sturaro/Lemina more than Vidal. Bentancur is solid, nothing else to say. Ramsey started excellently, and has since disappeared into injuries as Ramsey is expected to do. This is the area with question marks of course.

Chiesa and Kulusevski are awesome. For the most part they are both starters already at this point, and look great for the future.

With Morata's and Ronaldo's form there is no breaking this partnership at the moment. Dybala is coming back from injury and will have to rotate them for now.

Our lineup with some positions that rotate

Ronaldo - Morata/Dybala

Kulusevski/Ramsey

Chiesa - Rabiot - Arthur/Bentancur - Cuadrado

Danilo/Alex - De Ligt/Chiellini - Bonucci

Szczesny

Bernardeschi, Frabotta, Demiral, McKennie taking a bench role so far.
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Mon Nov 23, 2020 3:26 pm

I'd say the low-points of the season have been Dybala, who can be excused due to injury, illness and a very different system and Bentancur, who was great and dependable with Sarri but hasn't seemed as locked in. Rabiot and Arthur are easily the first choice in the middle

The defence has looked very shaky at times but has seemed much better as of late and De Ligt being available is only a plus

The strength of the team is going forward and it's great to see but we honestly need to score more goals. 1-2 a game is actually pretty poor for how many chances and goalscorers are on the field. It cost us with Crotone, Verona and Lazio and even 2-0 with Cagliari does not do the match justice but I assume it is only a matter of time before that changes given the way this team goes forward and Ronaldo's form

Luca
J Council Master

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Wed Nov 25, 2020 9:15 am

After yesterday's match its even more apparent that McKennie is not good enough.

Pirlo doesn't trust him in the midfield 2, so he plays as a runner between attack and midfield to give rest to Ramsey and Kulusevski.

Its hard to believe that the club paid so much for him. Arthur, Chiesa, Kulu, and Morata have been good, great, or encouraging, and are all (or will be) starters. McKennie seems to be the flop transfer.
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Wed Nov 25, 2020 9:20 am

American players are improving but they seem to remain at that stage where "Grit Hard work intensity" is the prime part of their game far more than anything else. McKennie can be useful to provide a runners role for something be it covering Rabiot or even a Mezzala but he is looking out of his depth at this stage.

Hard to say anything on Chiesa so far at all but Morata and Kulu easily coming off as successful signings.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Wed Nov 25, 2020 2:22 pm

What do you expect with someone called McKennie lmao

He'd be playing for blackburn rovers if they were in the PL
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by adun101 Thu Nov 26, 2020 9:08 pm

rincon wrote:After yesterday's match its even more apparent that McKennie is not good enough.

Pirlo doesn't trust him in the midfield 2, so he plays as a runner between attack and midfield to give rest to Ramsey and Kulusevski.

Its hard to believe that the club paid so much for him. Arthur, Chiesa, Kulu, and Morata have been good, great, or encouraging, and are all (or will be) starters. McKennie seems to be the flop transfer.

Nah, teams that defend deep is not when you put him behind the strikers. Spezia tried to play openly and he was fantastic.

The real flop is Kulusevski, he's the living proof that Robes has no idea what he's talking about. Dude has zero agility and can't stop and go because his hips are stiff af. That's why he can't press, why he can't dribble, why he gets dribbled very easily and why his first touch is awful. Parma was a counterattacking team, so he could use his pace and strength, but that won't work at Juventus
adun101
adun101
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by FennecFox7 Thu Nov 26, 2020 9:17 pm

You need to give McKennie time. Remember he was raised in the US soccer system, I know myself that the FC Dallas academy, while being one of the better ones here, still teaches players tons of bad habits. I was there. He’s still your best midfielder from a defensive standpoint
FennecFox7
FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Thu Nov 26, 2020 10:13 pm

McKennie definitely didn't do well in the CL in the Ramsey role as our most advanced midfielder but for the most part is a useful player in the midfield for us

Kulu, I really like for his age and profile. The main things I see about him his he is extremely one-footed, to a fault, he's had a couple moments where the ball ended up on his right foot and the result was terrible. He also, like Bernardeschi, has a habit of fouling while pressing. He does this too often and it negates the entire purpose of pressing the defence as a forward because instead of forcing a bad or loose pass, you're stopping the play and allowing them to advance the field of play

Morata, head and shoulders, far and above, our best signing. Kulu, Arthur, Mcknennie, Chiesa... all good so far with much still to show. I can't say any of them is a "flop."

Only real flop I am seeing this season is Dybala, sadly. Have not seen redeemable moments from him so far. We clearly look better without him playing. Bentancur has also been very suspect this season. Sadly these were two of our best players last season so its strange to see them struggle. Perhaps Dybala suits a slower style of play more but Bentancur, I think we all expect more from

I think our best 11 right now is:

Ronaldo-Morata
Chiesa-Rabiot-Arthur-Kulusevski
Danilo-De Ligt*-Demiral-Cuadrado
Szczesny

*Few appearances with Bonucci now injured but its clear that De Ligt will be important this season

Danilo over Alex Sandro, who also just came back from injury, Danilo has been good this season. I think he's only a slightly above-average player but he's shown great mentality and his passing is excellent

Luca
J Council Master

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Fri Nov 27, 2020 8:59 am

FennecFox7 wrote:You need to give McKennie time. Remember he was raised in the US soccer system, I know myself that the FC Dallas academy, while being one of the better ones here, still teaches players tons of bad habits. I was there. He’s still your best midfielder from a defensive standpoint

He really isn't. 3 of our other 4 midfielders are all better defensively, what McKennie does better is run and press. He doesn't have the discipline/understanding to anchor the team defensively though, it's why he is asked to play more forward in the midfield pairing, or outright as the trequartista running into space. His best asset for us is that he has the most stamina in midfield and can be used to press all over the pitch, which is really useful, but not always enough.

It's the same issue we had with Matuidi. Although McKennie does seem to be a better passer than Matuidi, he is worse at reading the game, for as bad as Matuidi was technically, he was very good at positioning and pressing at the right moments. It's normal though since McKennie is a kid and Matuidi was a prime footballer.

He is 22 and he will get plenty of chances to improve since he is the only midfielder of his profile we have. I think he will improve. For 25m though this is not a cheap move for a player of this level. Sturaro and Lemina were 10m after all.
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Wed Dec 09, 2020 9:11 am

Since the first Barca match:
7 wins 2 draws
First manager to ever go 10 games unbeaten in his Serie A debut
Topped the CL group

@Hapless_Hans Proud
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 14 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 10 ... 14  Next