Liverpool and Klopp - it's all downhill from here

Page 6 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Go down

Liverpool and Klopp - it's all downhill from here - Page 6 Empty Re: Liverpool and Klopp - it's all downhill from here

Post by Helmer Mon Mar 08, 2021 2:06 am

NO EXCUSES really !
Injuries or no injuries, you cant keep losing every home game no matter what even if you play with under 15. But if you ask people in Germany, this is what you get with Klopp Laughing extremes of everything - all the possible emotions of the world. If there is any person who could get Liverpool out of this, it is Kloppo himself.

This was kind of expected as last 4 seasons have seen Klopp reach 3 European finals. 1 Europa league and 2 CL final appearances and winning one out of them. Two EPL title challenges, winning one out of them and in the other, going neck to neck with Pep's City till the last match day. In both these seasons Liverpool finished the season with 97 and 99 points. So anyone can imagine the amount of football and the intensity at which Klopp's Liverpool (with a limited squad size in terms of quality) must have played over past few seasons.

That is why I had also posted after winning last seaons's title, it will be time to find out whether Klopp is in the mould of Ferguson, Wenger or more like a manager short term success for a period of 3-4 seasons maximum. I guess we are seeing signs of the later most likely.

I am just curious how we would do in CL in this season! Bring it on Proud

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Posts : 9590
Join date : 2012-08-16

Back to top Go down

Liverpool and Klopp - it's all downhill from here - Page 6 Empty Re: Liverpool and Klopp - it's all downhill from here

Post by Hapless_Hans Mon Mar 08, 2021 5:02 am

7 home losses in a row has nothing to do with injuries, and all to do with a total collapse of tactics, mentality, approach, and rapport

just like 14/15
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan
Posts : 32631
Join date : 2013-09-17

Back to top Go down

Liverpool and Klopp - it's all downhill from here - Page 6 Empty Re: Liverpool and Klopp - it's all downhill from here

Post by Cruijf Mon Mar 08, 2021 7:05 am

As much as I admire the excellent job Klopp has done, I can't help but laugh at how people were calling this team the best ever. Not only is that ridiculous hyperbole (which I think even the people saying it knew deep down), but with this season I think it's clear they're not even a particularly special team among their own generation. In the one season they won the CL, they lost the league. In the year they won the league, they were embarrassed in the CL by a weak Atleti team. And after that brief 2 year stint at the top, they have completely collapsed.

They never came close to the dominance of other great teams in this era like Barca, Bayern, and Real at their respective peaks.

I say this not to attack any particular Liverpool fans on this forum, who generally seem like nice people. I just think it needs to be said after the excessive hype we heard last year.
Cruijf
Cruijf
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan
Posts : 3756
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Liverpool and Klopp - it's all downhill from here - Page 6 Empty Re: Liverpool and Klopp - it's all downhill from here

Post by CBarca Mon Mar 08, 2021 7:22 am

Even in their CL win, they coasted via a very fortunate pen given in the first 30 seconds, and then they were like less than 5cm away from given a pen up themselves to Danny Rose, ended up being just outside the box.

You need some luck to win these things and Tottenham had a lot of it leading up to that final. Liverpool had enough of it to get over the line. Both teams were shit in the final.
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao
Posts : 19796
Join date : 2011-06-17
Age : 25

Back to top Go down

Liverpool and Klopp - it's all downhill from here - Page 6 Empty Re: Liverpool and Klopp - it's all downhill from here

Post by Clutch Mon Mar 08, 2021 9:23 am

2013 Dortmunds team is still klopps best team imo

Clutch
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 554
Join date : 2015-11-02

Back to top Go down

Liverpool and Klopp - it's all downhill from here - Page 6 Empty Re: Liverpool and Klopp - it's all downhill from here

Post by S Mon Mar 08, 2021 10:16 am

@Helmer wrote:I am just curious how we would do in CL in this season! Bring it on Proud


If you draw any one of Bayern, PSG or City, you're pretty much out of the CL but with the rest, you could still fancy your chances. The remaining teams in the CL bar those three teams are too mediocre/inconsistent to mount any sort of a challenge this season.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus
Posts : 28058
Join date : 2011-06-06
Age : 29

Back to top Go down

Liverpool and Klopp - it's all downhill from here - Page 6 Empty Re: Liverpool and Klopp - it's all downhill from here

Post by El Gunner Mon Mar 08, 2021 8:20 pm

^^could be as good a time as ever for Messi-Barca to get revenge on Liverpool hmm they're both shit teams at the moment Laughing but you never know

anyway, well said @Cruijf a few posts above.

also i particularly love how Nishankly has been crickets since last night rofl
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Club Supported : Arsenal
Posts : 18510
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 24

Back to top Go down

Liverpool and Klopp - it's all downhill from here - Page 6 Empty Re: Liverpool and Klopp - it's all downhill from here

Post by Nishankly Mon Mar 08, 2021 11:02 pm

Bruh can't be on here every day ffs

Klopp did the right thing trying to bench all those who didn't perform with those 7 changes but again it didn't work.

I don't think any team other City has qualified for the CL after winning the league this decade and we are the next ones on this record.
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Club Supported : Lyon
Posts : 20188
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 27

Back to top Go down

Liverpool and Klopp - it's all downhill from here - Page 6 Empty Re: Liverpool and Klopp - it's all downhill from here

Post by Nishankly Mon Mar 08, 2021 11:32 pm

@Cruijf wrote:As much as I admire the excellent job Klopp has done, I can't help but laugh at how people were calling this team the best ever. Not only is that ridiculous hyperbole (which I think even the people saying it knew deep down), but with this season I think it's clear they're not even a particularly special team among their own generation. In the one season they won the CL, they lost the league. In the year they won the league, they were embarrassed in the CL by a weak Atleti team. And after that brief 2 year stint at the top, they have completely collapsed.

They never came close to the dominance of other great teams in this era like Barca, Bayern, and Real at their respective peaks.

I say this not to attack any particular Liverpool fans on this forum, who generally seem like nice people. I just think it needs to be said after the excessive hype we heard last year.


Very true, It's unfortunate people said that because even we at GL didn't believe that.
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Club Supported : Lyon
Posts : 20188
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 27

Back to top Go down

Liverpool and Klopp - it's all downhill from here - Page 6 Empty Re: Liverpool and Klopp - it's all downhill from here

Post by Nishankly Mon Mar 08, 2021 11:33 pm

@CBarca wrote:Even in their CL win, they coasted via a very fortunate pen given in the first 30 seconds, and then they were like less than 5cm away from given a pen up themselves to Danny Rose, ended up being just outside the box.

You need some luck to win these things and Tottenham had a lot of it leading up to that final. Liverpool had enough of it to get over the line. Both teams were shit in the final.


Bloody hell sod off lmao
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Club Supported : Lyon
Posts : 20188
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 27

Back to top Go down

Liverpool and Klopp - it's all downhill from here - Page 6 Empty Re: Liverpool and Klopp - it's all downhill from here

Post by El Gunner Mon Mar 08, 2021 11:37 pm

@Nishankly wrote:
@Cruijf wrote:As much as I admire the excellent job Klopp has done, I can't help but laugh at how people were calling this team the best ever. Not only is that ridiculous hyperbole (which I think even the people saying it knew deep down), but with this season I think it's clear they're not even a particularly special team among their own generation. In the one season they won the CL, they lost the league. In the year they won the league, they were embarrassed in the CL by a weak Atleti team. And after that brief 2 year stint at the top, they have completely collapsed.

They never came close to the dominance of other great teams in this era like Barca, Bayern, and Real at their respective peaks.

I say this not to attack any particular Liverpool fans on this forum, who generally seem like nice people. I just think it needs to be said after the excessive hype we heard last year.


Very true, It's unfortunate people said that because even we at GL didn't believe that.


WUT????? Shocked
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Club Supported : Arsenal
Posts : 18510
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 24

Back to top Go down

Liverpool and Klopp - it's all downhill from here - Page 6 Empty Re: Liverpool and Klopp - it's all downhill from here

Post by Nishankly Mon Mar 08, 2021 11:41 pm

@El Gunner wrote:
@Nishankly wrote:
@Cruijf wrote:As much as I admire the excellent job Klopp has done, I can't help but laugh at how people were calling this team the best ever. Not only is that ridiculous hyperbole (which I think even the people saying it knew deep down), but with this season I think it's clear they're not even a particularly special team among their own generation. In the one season they won the CL, they lost the league. In the year they won the league, they were embarrassed in the CL by a weak Atleti team. And after that brief 2 year stint at the top, they have completely collapsed.

They never came close to the dominance of other great teams in this era like Barca, Bayern, and Real at their respective peaks.

I say this not to attack any particular Liverpool fans on this forum, who generally seem like nice people. I just think it needs to be said after the excessive hype we heard last year.


Very true, It's unfortunate people said that because even we at GL didn't believe that.


WUT????? Shocked


We've always argued a decline, we are a system team that works with 11 individuals, each crucial. If GL's search function was even half as good, you'll see 30 posts between me and CSourDough where I state this.
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Club Supported : Lyon
Posts : 20188
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 27

Back to top Go down

Liverpool and Klopp - it's all downhill from here - Page 6 Empty Re: Liverpool and Klopp - it's all downhill from here

Post by BarcaLearning Tue Mar 09, 2021 4:28 pm

I just watched back the Chelsea 1-0 Liverpool game, and noticed how exposed TAA was through the whole game basically, and Flopp seemed unable or even didnt realise he had to fix it? Chelsea were constantly attacking behind TAA since hes always bombing forward and Fabinho and the new CB just couldnt cover it up.

Dont follow Liverpool consistently, but I guess VD/Matip/Gomez used to be able to? Hence the problem now? Thiago also struggle to physically press and compete, and a big difference compared with Henderson/Fabinho, among other factors. But surely some of the fault has got to be Klopp. This game alone and im sure most other games this season, hes failed to think of better solutions for the situation, otherwise a team like Liverpool wouldnt consistently be losing games, even vs relegation level team at home.
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona
Posts : 6158
Join date : 2011-12-08

Back to top Go down

Liverpool and Klopp - it's all downhill from here - Page 6 Empty Re: Liverpool and Klopp - it's all downhill from here

Post by Helmer Wed Mar 10, 2021 12:48 pm



Fair point there !

I have seen few of his interviews. If ever he takes over from Klopp directly, media have to get used to a different kind of a manager at Anfield Laughing . Media are not going to like him so much.

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Liverpool
Posts : 9590
Join date : 2012-08-16

Back to top Go down

Liverpool and Klopp - it's all downhill from here - Page 6 Empty Re: Liverpool and Klopp - it's all downhill from here

Post by Nishankly Wed Mar 10, 2021 8:00 pm

@BarcaLearning wrote:I just watched back the Chelsea 1-0 Liverpool game, and noticed how exposed TAA was through the whole game basically, and Flopp seemed unable or even didnt realise he had to fix it? Chelsea were constantly attacking behind TAA since hes always bombing forward and Fabinho and the new CB just couldnt cover it up.

Dont follow Liverpool consistently, but I guess VD/Matip/Gomez used to be able to? Hence the problem now? Thiago also struggle to physically press and compete, and a big difference compared with Henderson/Fabinho, among other factors. But surely some of the fault has got to be Klopp. This game alone and im sure most other games this season, hes failed to think of better solutions for the situation, otherwise a team like Liverpool wouldnt consistently be losing games, even vs relegation level team at home.


His plan A is to play the system.
His plan B is to play shitty players in the same system.
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Club Supported : Lyon
Posts : 20188
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 27

Back to top Go down

Liverpool and Klopp - it's all downhill from here - Page 6 Empty Re: Liverpool and Klopp - it's all downhill from here

Post by BarcaLearning Wed Mar 10, 2021 10:56 pm

If so hes gonna have to adapt and evolve, otherwise he will get outdated, just like any other who doesnt Razz I mean at least be able to adjust a bit when facing extreme situations like this season...
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona
Posts : 6158
Join date : 2011-12-08

Back to top Go down

Liverpool and Klopp - it's all downhill from here - Page 6 Empty Re: Liverpool and Klopp - it's all downhill from here

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum