Liverpool and Klopp - it's all downhill from here

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Go down

Liverpool and Klopp - it's all downhill from here - Page 5 Empty Re: Liverpool and Klopp - it's all downhill from here

Post by Myesyats Mon Feb 22, 2021 1:04 am

@jibers wrote:Think it's a combination of things tbh. Accumulated fatigue, injuries and the margins not going their way. They were extremely lucky in so many games last season and have been VERY lucky with injuries. The games that their front 3 have played in the last 3 seasons is absolutely insane and they've had no break. When they get their injured players back and when/if they reinforce in the summer, they'll be fine again.

This is how I imagine y'all writing these posts

Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Liverpool and Klopp - it's all downhill from here - Page 5 Empty Re: Liverpool and Klopp - it's all downhill from here

Post by Perucho21 Mon Feb 22, 2021 1:08 am

I would join in the laughs but we cannot act like massive injuries especially to all of their CBs isnt a big culprit. Using Henderson at CB? It's like if we have to put Kroos at CB Laughing

I don't think its the end of a cycle, if they were playing crap without all the injuries sure, but like I said those injuries are a big problem.
Perucho21
Perucho21
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Casciavit Mon Feb 22, 2021 6:24 am

@jibers wrote:Think it's a combination of things tbh. Accumulated fatigue, injuries and the margins not going their way. They were extremely lucky in so many games last season and have been VERY lucky with injuries. The games that their front 3 have played in the last 3 seasons is absolutely insane and they've had no break. When they get their injured players back and when/if they reinforce in the summer, they'll be fine again.

More or less my thoughts too. Overworking players in previous seasons + pandemic this season has probably contributed to a lot of the injuries. I think they'll bounce back though. Let the other players get fit and add some new signings to refresh the squad and they'll be mounting another title challenge.
Casciavit
Casciavit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Tue Feb 23, 2021 10:27 am

I collected some stats from twitterati and other forums. It surely points to the direction of fatigue and injuries. So the logic says if Klopp has had preseason or even some of the players which suit his system, we would have still survived without VanDjik.

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Now to the individual performances. The problems in the CB area and which is directly affecting the midfield are well known. But Liverpool are also failing to score as much as they did in the previous seasons.

Spoiler:

Firmino

Spoiler:

Mane

Spoiler:

The players are doing the right things. According to the stats, they are getting in the right areas, also taking shots but simply not scoring enough goals. This season the front three are being really easy to mark as they are not getting any support from the midfield in terms of 1. making runs 2. being in the right position in the box when the ball comes in. We have had some good performances this season when we had Hendo or Minamino or Jota in the team or you can say we had Matip/Fabinho in defence or both.

This was the starting XI against Leicester, home game which we won 3-0

Alisson; Milner, Matip, Fabinho, Robertson; Jones, Wijnaldum, Keita; Jota, Firmino, Mane.

And the line up against Crystal Palace, which we won 7-0

Alisson, Alexander-Arnold, Matip, Fabinho, Robertson, Henderson, Wijnaldum, Keita, Minamino, Mane, Firmino.

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum