M99
S
LeVersacci
Freeza
RealGunner
61 posters

Page 16 of 27 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 21 ... 27  Next

Go down

Karim Benzema - BIG Ballon d'Or 2022 campaign - Page 16 Empty Re: Karim Benzema - BIG Ballon d'Or 2022 campaign

Post by Doc Sun May 29, 2022 12:00 am

Thimmy wrote:I actually feel a bit sorry for Courtois, considering how spectacular he's been this season, how crucial his saves have been for us, and how little it matters towards winning this individual reward when you're a goalkeeper  Karim Benzema - BIG Ballon d'Or 2022 campaign - Page 16 1f602

Rwo would have loved this post. Unfortunately, she ain't around so boo to you sir.

Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Karim Benzema - BIG Ballon d'Or 2022 campaign - Page 16 Empty Re: Karim Benzema - BIG Ballon d'Or 2022 campaign

Post by titosantill Sun May 29, 2022 12:11 am

This tournament had his name all over it. Hell this season, I critique when it necessary and I'll give praise where it's due. This was his season, and some dudes on the bench who barely played should really be thanking him. Good they've restructured the golden ball process, it would be a travesty if what he has done this season not be rewarded
titosantill
titosantill
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Sun May 29, 2022 12:46 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CDJLQmoXtx0

Somewhere towards the end...

Question - Given that you're the top scorer in the champion's league and you've scored all these goals this time, is this one more special?

Benzema - I always do the maximum to help the team and it's great that I contributed.  My top objective has always been for the team to win.  If the team wins, I've succeeded.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by The Madrid One Sun May 29, 2022 12:50 am

My first ever "favorite player." Over the years my fandom went more to Modric and Valverde but boy it's nice to come full circle with Karim. His season may very well live in the hearts of Madridistas as more legendary than any of CR7's. (or at least tied with CR7's 16/17) That's crazy.
The Madrid One
The Madrid One
"Imaybeonthesideoftheangels..."

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Sun May 29, 2022 7:40 am

Benzema wins it by voodoo cursing opposition GK n CBs, well done Razz In all seriousness though, hes been amazing, so what a way it will be to cap his career.

WC wont be counted right? So no chance Mbappe to maybe outperform him there n snatch it? Razz
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Sun May 29, 2022 8:19 am

Mpaypal wenh out in the last 16 in the only trophy that should matter for them. In what stratosphere should he be winning
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Casciavit Sun May 29, 2022 11:10 am

Mans scored 15 goals from an xG of 8 in the CL. Never seen an over performance like that in the CL. It's obviously not sustainable but the fact he was scoring from half chances is why Madrid won the CL. Deserved Ballon d'or winner.
Casciavit
Casciavit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Sun May 29, 2022 12:38 pm

Where is chad btw? I'm surprised he isn't doing somersaults in this thread honestly. He's been right all this time when everyone ridiculed him over the years

Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Chad31 Sun May 29, 2022 1:54 pm

Myesyats wrote:Where is chad btw? I'm surprised he isn't doing somersaults in this thread honestly. He's been right all this time when everyone ridiculed him over the years

I was proven right years ago as soon as cr left, so no need to overly gloat or anything, the reasons people pretending not to see why benzema was struggling has been stated to death by me, and all he is doing is the things he should have done if not for the glory hunter, so props to him for leading the team the right way and proved he himself can be as good as anyone, when given the opportunity, hope he wins a bdo and goes down as one of if not the best cf in the club history and hopefully madrid fans and stupid madrid media learn lesson that they don't get to dictate how great players should be remembered or treated just shut up and talk about the games.

Chad31
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Sun May 29, 2022 2:40 pm

Myesyats wrote:Where is chad btw? I'm surprised he isn't doing somersaults in this thread honestly. He's been right all this time when everyone ridiculed him over the years

Chad has always had a shitty, general attitude. He's incapable of accepting the fact that nuances exist and that things tend to fluctuate. He's also comically opportunistic. That's why I've been ridiculing him. I tried to keep things peaceful with Chad more than once, but he never returned the favor. Hardly anything is constant, unlike his undying, obsessive bias for Benzema.

Hardly any of our existing members probably remember that I got little to no support on these forums when I was defending Benzema back in 2009-2010, having been a big fan of his talent since following him during his time at OL. That doesn't mean that I can now say that I was right all along. His career didn't pan out the way that I had predicted, and I eventually decided that I'd had enough of making excuses for him when it was clear that he was going to face a lot of challenges on his way to living up to the potential that I thought he had.

And he has faced more than his fair share of challenges in his career. As much as Chad likes to pretend that it didn't happen, he did get outshone by Higuain in the league. He's been a consistent performer in the Champions League, but it was very clear early on that Higuain was the better league performer for whatever reason. He's also faced problems with weight issues, periods of poor form, off the field drama. It's been a bumpy road for him.

You can now look back on his career and say that he's one of the greatest players of all time, but that does absolutely the hell not mean that he's always had an unwavering trajectory towards that achievement. Props to Chad for being stubborn enough to never lose his eye on the agenda, but Benzema hitting the peak of his powers after entering his 30s has been about as predictable as Leicester City winning the Premier League under Ranieri.
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Varnagel Mon May 30, 2022 8:01 am

Chad31 wrote:

I was proven right years ago as soon as cr left, so no need to overly gloat or anything, the reasons people pretending not to see why benzema was struggling has been stated to death by me, and all he is doing is the things he should have done if not for the glory hunter, so props to him for leading the team the right way and proved he himself can be as good as anyone, when given the opportunity, hope he wins a bdo and goes down as one of if not the best cf in the club history and hopefully madrid fans and stupid madrid media learn lesson that they don't get to dictate how great players should be remembered or treated just shut up and talk about the games.

I'm happy you have consistently stood up for Benzema for many, MANY, years when almost everyone (including Madridistas) used to unfairly troll/ridicule him. It's obvious Cristiano held Benzema back from becoming the best version of himself

Even when Benzema instantly became a 30-goals-a-season striker after Cristiano left, Real Madrid fans still wanted a new striker and desperately wanted freaking Luka Jovic to replace him lmfao.

I'm completely sure Real Madrid fans will rewrite the perception of Benzema's legacy now that he's a clear-cut favorite to win Ballon d'Or 2022. I'll bet everything I've that it's gonna happen.

In future when football historicans wants to learn about Benzema's legacy, especially during Cristiano-era, your posts will be certainly very valuable. If GoalLegacy still exists of course lol.

Varnagel
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Chad31 Mon May 30, 2022 1:28 pm

The last couple things I want to say about benzema, firstly isn't amazing how young players who aren't established or over hyped can grow with him, just look at vini and rodygo and the impact they had since joining, benzema is willing to step back on multiple occasions to give them chance to win games regardless of the the importance, don't forget vini was on his was to being sold or loan for his stupid and selfish plays, if it wasn't for benzema criticism he would still be stuck doing nonsense like alot of young attackers do in cr era madrid, people don't like to acknowledge it, but it clear when vini game started to change, I remember hala saying benzema was bullying him clowns as usual trying to justify cr rubbish style of play.

Also never for get messi can vote for benzema in bdo before cr would or the former barca players that can say nice things about on their own without being asked, yet not peep of acknowledgement from cr, for same benzema that wasted almost his entire primes for him, yet benzema still say nice things when the media makes certain suggestions about their time playing together, which also proved my point that the media always knew cr was the heart of his struggles and blamed him anyway.

Lastly a season like this is why real madrid were so desperate to break the team up and start over, after chokeguain left, and even more so after cr, cause their entire arguments rest on benzema not having these accomplishments, so I know majority of the praise benzema get from madrid fans and media is fake as hell, cause he is the player they wanted to fail the most in the clubs entire history, for a guy that chokes his ass off and is playing in the MLS already.

never forget madrid fans said missing chances and immediately crying in the game before its over, is being passionate and should be praised, while missing chances and remaining composed means how a coward that needs to be chased out of the club lol so moronic these fanboy logic.

Chad31
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Mon May 30, 2022 1:42 pm

I'll agree with one thing. You wouldn't think Ronaldo spent the better part of his career with us judging by how bitter he's been since he left

As for Vini, he's still the same player just with better shots and decision making in the final third. Benz was a prick for bullying a then 19 yo instead of going up to him and talk like a captain should. Vini prevented a shitshow from happening by sweeping it under the carpet. You didn't hear Ronaldo say never pass to Benzema when he was finishing like 19 yo Vini instead he pleaded with the fans to stop booing him. Benzema has grown as a person and as a player since he got the captains armband.

He'll now get his much deserved Balon d'or. Immense player
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Mon May 30, 2022 4:13 pm

Glad to see, I mean see what happens to teams CR goes to n his only focus is his goals, but doesnt care much for the rest of the teams n players, see Juve, Man U, regressed since he joins Very Happy N ppl talk about Messi dragging down Barca or CR motivating Portugal the Euro win from the bench etc. In reality just a egocentric individualistic goal machine who lacks any all round game like Benzema has Very Happy
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Mon May 30, 2022 4:27 pm

I don't really think it's true that he lacks an all-round game. He's shown on multiple occasions that he has a very good passing ability, for instance. It's not something he showcases often, as his playing style is more based around being a goal threat, but he certainly has it in his repertoire.

As for Man United regressing after he joined them, that's all on the club for bringing in a player that doesn't fit into the already disjointed team building they had before he joined them. I don't necessarily think that's his fault.
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Mon May 30, 2022 4:48 pm

I know Chad likes to keep rubbing it in, how badly we, in general, disrespected Benzema. While I ‘ll agree we over did it, and in the end Chad was right. Benzema not only should get the golden ball, he is truly a Real Madrid legend. While it is true that Ronaldo is an extreme
‘Alpha’ and insisted the ball be given to him, i never detected and animosity no hesitation from Benzema. The combination is the main reason for all the success we had in those Ronaldo years. the one thing that Chad and his buddy Varnagel never mention though is how to explain the first two years after Ronaldo left where neither Benzema nor Bale could score goals! Those 2 years is when most of the Benzema criticism existed.
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Mon May 30, 2022 5:12 pm

Varnagel wrote:
Chad31 wrote:

I was proven right years ago as soon as cr left blablablablabla

Even when Benzema instantly became a 30-goals-a-season striker after Cristiano left...
In future when football historicans wants to learn about Benzema's legacy, especially during Cristiano-era, your posts will be certainly very valuable. If GoalLegacy still exists of course lol.

futbol_bill wrote:The one thing that Chad and his buddy Varnagel never mention though is how to explain the first two years after Ronaldo left where neither Benzema nor Bale could score goals! Those 2 years is when most of the Benzema criticism existed.

As you can see, those 2 years never happened. Chadangel can confirm it hmm

I love the part about football historians wanting to learn about Benzema's legacy by coming to GoalLegacy. Active imagination. Maybe they'll pick up a thing or two about how Klopp possessed the FIFA- inspired ability to create "regens" Smile

I'm by far the highest on Martinelli. If you give this kid to Klopp, he will be Mane/Salah regen without question.
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Varnagel Mon May 30, 2022 5:23 pm

futbol_bill wrote:I know Chad likes to keep rubbing it in, how badly we, in general, disrespected Benzema. While I ‘ll agree we over did it, and in the end Chad was right. Benzema not only should get the golden ball, he is truly a Real Madrid legend. While it is true that Ronaldo is an extreme
‘Alpha’ and insisted the ball be given to him, i never detected and animosity no hesitation from Benzema. The combination is the main reason for all the success we had in those Ronaldo years. the one thing that Chad and his buddy Varnagel never mention though is how to explain the first two years after Ronaldo left where neither Benzema nor Bale could score goals! Those 2 years is when most of the Benzema criticism existed.

1. Chad deserves 100% to keep rubbing in it after all these years when you and other Real Madrid fans trolled/mocked Benzema on how "terrible" he was lol.

2. Benzema had great stats in his first 2 seasons without Cristiano, what the feck are you talking about?

- 2018-19 season: 30 goals + 11 assists
- 2019-20 season: 27 goals + 11 assists

Varnagel
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Mon May 30, 2022 5:50 pm

Messi: There is no doubt that Benzema deserves the Ballon d'Or this year

Its official, might as well award it now
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Mon May 30, 2022 5:51 pm

Am I the only one that remembers all the "slavezema no more" memes? Benz killed it after CR left
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Mon May 30, 2022 6:00 pm

Yes Benz was excellent ever since he broke his pinky finger tbh

Problem was that up until this season it was more like a one man army whereas this season he has had help from Vini who has 17 goals and 10 assists in the league and most to Benz
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by farfan Mon May 30, 2022 7:25 pm

BarrileteCosmico wrote:Am I the only one that remembers all the "slavezema no more" memes? Benz killed it after CR left

You aren't, I just bumped that thread a few days ago. Laughing
farfan
farfan
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester City

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Mon May 30, 2022 7:44 pm

After last year I gained a lot of respect for one who was somewhat of a delinquent in his career but this year alone won me as someone I now rate above even Cristiano.

I've followed his IG for years and its evident his change given he has evolved from cringe rap videos and flash to pictures with his kids and unassuming photos of himself.

Can't imagine how proud Farfan is given he is a direct product of Lyon.

Chad had our number all along.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by farfan Mon May 30, 2022 7:53 pm

incredibly proud Razz. In 2007, we all saw him as a unique Zidane-R9 hybrid and wholeheartedly believed he was destined to win the Ballon d'Or. It took over a decade for him to fulfill the prophecy and unleash his full potential, but he did get there eventually.
farfan
farfan
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester City

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Mon May 30, 2022 10:49 pm

Thimmy wrote:
I'm by far the highest on Martinelli. If you give this kid to Klopp, he will be Mane/Salah regen without question.

What beautiful mad man here said that lol
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Turok_TTZ Mon May 30, 2022 11:00 pm

I hope after this season people finally stop disrespecting my man Benz.

Never thought I get to see the day Benzema actually has a great chance to win a Ballon d'or.

A lot of ye are surprised Benzema could resurge the way he has but not me.

Benzema has always been tier 0. Always has been. smoking

And he stands alone in his position. Only a fool would think he has peers. One can score more goals and Stat pad but no one has such an influence on the pitch like Benzema does. He is as effective regardless of having or not having the ball. His mere presence on the pitch makes his team play better and forces opposition to respect him. His aura has gks tremble and fall to their knees making blunders for youtube highlight clips. And his work ethic of tracking back to play dm shows not only his humility but leadership. He plays and leads by example. Once I called him Le Phénomène. Then, Monsieur Champions League. Now?

Monsieur Real Madrid. He is our greatest example and what I expect from all whom are privileged to wear the shirt.
And it's high time y'all know what's good and what ain't.
Turok_TTZ
Turok_TTZ
First Team
First Team

http://trm.jcink.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 16 of 27 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 21 ... 27  Next