Political Correctness, LGBTQ, #meToo and other related topics

Page 17 of 19 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18, 19  Next

Go down

Political Correctness, LGBTQ, #meToo and other related topics - Page 17 Empty Re: Political Correctness, LGBTQ, #meToo and other related topics

Post by BarrileteCosmico Wed Mar 24, 2021 2:22 am

@Young Kaz wrote:Why do white supremacists and racists love and even seem to prefer Asian women?

In fact, it can be speculated that Asian women know for a fact that their choices among white men are limited (by and large, the best white men will not like Asian women) – so they are essentially forced to settle with the men with the lowest social standing – who oftentimes use white supremacy as a crutch – meaning that white men with low social standing and white men with antisocial, white supremacist beliefs are one and the same; and they like Asian women.

Tenda speaks the truth here. Asian women want the same type of men white,black,and latina women do. They want confident men. Smart men, athletic, assertive men.Mentally ill women hate themselves so much they think just getting a white man will supplant all those requirements, and then they end up unhappy.

Man that quote is bullshit. Not denying that the wives/girlfriends of white supremacists (asian or otherwise) must have their own issues, and that east & southeast asian women do seem overrepresented there. But it's not because "the best white men do not like asian women" or because "asian women are forced to marry low value white men". That's some incel-level analysis, and totally off.

BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Posts : 26783
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Political Correctness, LGBTQ, #meToo and other related topics - Page 17 Empty Re: Political Correctness, LGBTQ, #meToo and other related topics

Post by Thimmy Wed Mar 24, 2021 2:31 am

@BarrileteCosmico wrote: That's some incel-level analysis, and totally off.


Exactly what I thought when I read it. Is that a quote from the guy with the black mask from the video on the last page? He seemed quite mentally ill Razz
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 11657
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 32

Back to top Go down

Political Correctness, LGBTQ, #meToo and other related topics - Page 17 Empty Re: Political Correctness, LGBTQ, #meToo and other related topics

Post by CBarca Wed Mar 24, 2021 3:41 am

Betty often comes in here talking about money this money that social standing this social standing that, I'm genuinely curious, is it my white identity that keeps me from not giving a fuck about all that or is all of that just incel/misogynistic bullshit that no one else actually pays attention to, and is artificially made a big deal online by Very Online People who have warped opinions on what relationships actually look like?

Reminds me of the crap that comes out of high schoolers mouths. Which is understandable because they're kids, but everyone is L O C K E D I N to gender roles, social hierarchy and all that shit (just like I was in HS), because you don't know any better.
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao
Posts : 19832
Join date : 2011-06-17
Age : 25

Back to top Go down

Political Correctness, LGBTQ, #meToo and other related topics - Page 17 Empty Re: Political Correctness, LGBTQ, #meToo and other related topics

Post by Young Kaz Wed Mar 24, 2021 4:16 am

@BarrileteCosmico wrote:
@Young Kaz wrote:Why do white supremacists and racists love and even seem to prefer Asian women?

In fact, it can be speculated that Asian women know for a fact that their choices among white men are limited (by and large, the best white men will not like Asian women) – so they are essentially forced to settle with the men with the lowest social standing – who oftentimes use white supremacy as a crutch – meaning that white men with low social standing and white men with antisocial, white supremacist beliefs are one and the same; and they like Asian women.

Tenda speaks the truth here. Asian women want the same type of men white,black,and latina women do. They want confident men. Smart men, athletic, assertive men.Mentally ill women hate themselves so much they think just getting a white man will supplant all those requirements, and then they end up unhappy.

Man that quote is bullshit. Not denying that the wives/girlfriends of white supremacists (asian or otherwise) must have their own issues, and that east & southeast asian women do seem overrepresented there. But it's not because "the best white men do not like asian women" or because "asian women are forced to marry low value white men". That's some incel-level analysis, and totally off.


What makes it totally off? Do Asian women either want the same type of men that other women want or not? Why do they have to settle for the socially inept?

You can tell me its off, but just like the way you dismiss(perhaps rightfully) my musings on South America in the Venezuela thread. I am speaking from EXPERIENCE this is my community I see what happens. Smile

If what I say is wrong ask ANY Asian American man about this and see what they say. We all see the type of men our sisters, nieces, cousins,ect end up with.

Young Kaz
First Team
First Team

Posts : 1558
Join date : 2019-03-23

Back to top Go down

Political Correctness, LGBTQ, #meToo and other related topics - Page 17 Empty Re: Political Correctness, LGBTQ, #meToo and other related topics

Post by Young Kaz Wed Mar 24, 2021 4:28 am

@CBarca wrote:Betty often comes in here talking about money this money that social standing this social standing that, I'm genuinely curious, is it my white identity that keeps me from not giving a fuck about all that or is all of that just incel/misogynistic bullshit that no one else actually pays attention to, and is artificially made a big deal online by Very Online People who have warped opinions on what relationships actually look like?

Reminds me of the crap that comes out of high schoolers mouths. Which is understandable because they're kids, but everyone is L O C K E D I N to gender roles, social hierarchy and all that shit (just like I was in HS), because you don't know any better.


Thats understandable. People born rich dont have to worry about money. People born with status in this country dont have to worry about status. I didnt like the boondocks, but it did prove a point in this scene:


You dont have to worry about perceived disrespect because everyone, by default, already respects you. People who have to fight to prove their respect are much more aware of it in their daily life.

Young Kaz
First Team
First Team

Posts : 1558
Join date : 2019-03-23

Back to top Go down

Political Correctness, LGBTQ, #meToo and other related topics - Page 17 Empty Re: Political Correctness, LGBTQ, #meToo and other related topics

Post by CBarca Wed Mar 24, 2021 4:41 am

Lmaoooo that's hilarious, thank you for sharing. To be sure, that's why I asked if it's my whiteness/general well-offness. Still, I'd be curious what other people have to say
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao
Posts : 19832
Join date : 2011-06-17
Age : 25

Back to top Go down

Political Correctness, LGBTQ, #meToo and other related topics - Page 17 Empty Re: Political Correctness, LGBTQ, #meToo and other related topics

Post by El Gunner Wed Mar 24, 2021 6:42 am

i hate how a lot of things on here is reduced to "incel-analysis" by many apparent mature scholars on here just because they can't deal with real-life psychosocial implications that are plaguing our society

and yes, CB, it is your whiteness. It's easier to look away in ignorance than having to deal with white guilt. My half-whiteness gets away with it too a lot of the time
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Club Supported : Arsenal
Posts : 18559
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 24

Back to top Go down

Political Correctness, LGBTQ, #meToo and other related topics - Page 17 Empty Re: Political Correctness, LGBTQ, #meToo and other related topics

Post by Babun Wed Mar 24, 2021 2:24 pm

I avoid twitter, instagram, facebook and whatsapp like a pest. If I get aware of the issues they have to be discussed/present somewhere.
Babun
Babun
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 7039
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Political Correctness, LGBTQ, #meToo and other related topics - Page 17 Empty Re: Political Correctness, LGBTQ, #meToo and other related topics

Post by BarrileteCosmico Wed Mar 24, 2021 3:47 pm

@Young Kaz wrote:
@BarrileteCosmico wrote:
@Young Kaz wrote:Why do white supremacists and racists love and even seem to prefer Asian women?

In fact, it can be speculated that Asian women know for a fact that their choices among white men are limited (by and large, the best white men will not like Asian women) – so they are essentially forced to settle with the men with the lowest social standing – who oftentimes use white supremacy as a crutch – meaning that white men with low social standing and white men with antisocial, white supremacist beliefs are one and the same; and they like Asian women.

Tenda speaks the truth here. Asian women want the same type of men white,black,and latina women do. They want confident men. Smart men, athletic, assertive men.Mentally ill women hate themselves so much they think just getting a white man will supplant all those requirements, and then they end up unhappy.

Man that quote is bullshit. Not denying that the wives/girlfriends of white supremacists (asian or otherwise) must have their own issues, and that east & southeast asian women do seem overrepresented there. But it's not because "the best white men do not like asian women" or because "asian women are forced to marry low value white men". That's some incel-level analysis, and totally off.


What makes it totally off? Do Asian women either want the same type of men that other women want or not? Why do they have to settle for the socially inept?

You can tell me its off, but just like the way you dismiss(perhaps rightfully) my musings on South America in the Venezuela thread. I am speaking from EXPERIENCE this is my community I see what happens. Smile

If what I say is wrong ask ANY Asian American man about this and see what they say. We all see the type of men our sisters, nieces, cousins,ect  end up with.

I'm not talking about your piece, just the part that you quoted. I, of course, agree that the things that women look for in a partner do not vary greatly by race or ethnicity. Let's take it apart...

In fact, it can be speculated that Asian women know for a fact that their choices among white men are limited (by and large, the best white men will not like Asian women)

I've known tons of examples of "high value" men (however you want to define that) dating asian women, and I'm sure those of us who don't live in a monolithic culture can cite many examples as well. In fact, according to this article, asian women seem to have the highest success ratio in dating apps (I'm sure fetishization plays a role,  but they point is they're not passed over).

Let's also note how everything he says here is speculation, and IMO he's speculating wildly and without base in reality.

– so they are essentially forced to settle with the men with the lowest social standing

No one is forcing these women to marry white supremacists, come on Laughing They have their own issues, and perhaps self hatred is one of them, but the choice is always there. They should not be excused for their poor choice in a partner either.

men with the lowest social standing – who oftentimes use white supremacy as a crutch

What, so now if you're a "low social standing" (again, how are we defining these things?) man you often turn to white supremacy? Where's the research to back such a ludicrous claim? Just because some (in my view, a minority) of men with "low social" standing are white supremacists, it doesn't make white supremacy the treatment of choice to deal with that.

meaning that white men with low social standing and white men with antisocial, white supremacist beliefs are one and the same;

This false equivalency speaks for itself, and again I completely disagree with it.

Like I said, I think that whole paragraph is bullshit.


Last edited by BarrileteCosmico on Wed Mar 24, 2021 4:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona
Posts : 26783
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 30

Back to top Go down

Political Correctness, LGBTQ, #meToo and other related topics - Page 17 Empty Re: Political Correctness, LGBTQ, #meToo and other related topics

Post by BarrileteCosmico Wed Mar 24, 2021 3:48 pm

Anyways @Young Kaz , I'm curious as to what your experience is then, do you have sisters/nieces/cousins that are dating absolute losers because they hate themselves?

I'm sure the breath of my experience is nowhere near yours, but I'm personally close friends with 2 women of Asian descent who are dating white men. These are not traditional submissive women who had to settle for losers, but outspoken confident ones who found someone they cared for. To hear them spoken of regularly by you as "mentally ill" honestly offends and triggers me.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona
Posts : 26783
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 30

Back to top Go down

Political Correctness, LGBTQ, #meToo and other related topics - Page 17 Empty Re: Political Correctness, LGBTQ, #meToo and other related topics

Post by Young Kaz Wed Mar 24, 2021 5:36 pm

@BarrileteCosmico wrote:
@Young Kaz wrote:
@BarrileteCosmico wrote:

Man that quote is bullshit. Not denying that the wives/girlfriends of white supremacists (asian or otherwise) must have their own issues, and that east & southeast asian women do seem overrepresented there. But it's not because "the best white men do not like asian women" or because "asian women are forced to marry low value white men". That's some incel-level analysis, and totally off.


What makes it totally off? Do Asian women either want the same type of men that other women want or not? Why do they have to settle for the socially inept?

You can tell me its off, but just like the way you dismiss(perhaps rightfully) my musings on South America in the Venezuela thread. I am speaking from EXPERIENCE this is my community I see what happens. Smile

If what I say is wrong ask ANY Asian American man about this and see what they say. We all see the type of men our sisters, nieces, cousins,ect  end up with.

I'm not talking about your piece, just the part that you quoted. I, of course, agree that the things that women look for in a partner do not vary greatly by race or ethnicity. Let's take it apart...

In fact, it can be speculated that Asian women know for a fact that their choices among white men are limited (by and large, the best white men will not like Asian women)

I've known tons of examples of "high value" men (however you want to define that) dating asian women, and I'm sure those of us who don't live in a monolithic culture can cite many examples as well. In fact, according to this article, asian women seem to have the highest success ratio in dating apps (I'm sure fetishization plays a role,  but they point is they're not passed over).

Let's also note how everything he says here is speculation, and IMO he's speculating wildly and without base in reality.

– so they are essentially forced to settle with the men with the lowest social standing

No one is forcing these women to marry white supremacists, come on Laughing They have their own issues, and perhaps self hatred is one of them, but the choice is always there. They should not be excused for their poor choice in a partner either.

men with the lowest social standing – who oftentimes use white supremacy as a crutch

What, so now if you're a "low social standing" (again, how are we defining these things?) man you often turn to white supremacy? Where's the research to back such a ludicrous claim? Just because some (in my view, a minority) of men with "low social" standing are white supremacists, it doesn't make white supremacy the treatment of choice to deal with that.

meaning that white men with low social standing and white men with antisocial, white supremacist beliefs are one and the same;

This false equivalency speaks for itself, and again I completely disagree with it.

Like I said, I think that whole paragraph is bullshit.


People who are low standing often use things they themselves have not had to work for as a crutch because they dont have tangible things they have achieved to hang their pride on. A guy working a dead end job, with nothing to show for themselves, does not have anything traditionally to be proud of. They can hang pride on being white/black/asian/Nationalism though. Thats a pretty common trait in people who fall through such teachings.

You are correct nobody is forcing them to date white supremacists, but that is the type they are going to get if they choose to go white because the traditional QB, Popular guy, Socially assertive/outgoing isnt going for them honestly. This is something we see every day.

You bring up dating apps, but those apps are historically used by guys who are not high value. No guy who has high value is patrolling around an app for partners because by virtue of technology they put themselves at a greater disadvantage.  Personal example here. Me, and my Asian friends, in America used dating apps in America. Why? Because Asian men do not have high social value in this country. I've never had to use a dating app in Japan for example. Because being Japanese in Japan does not carry the same institutional stigma that being asian in the west does. The type of guy using a dating app to pick up chicks is the type of guy who cant just go outside and get a woman in most cases, and cant pick up their fetish in general in extreme cases.

I dont doubt that you have "high value" friends dating Asian women. That doesnt make what I, or any other Asian notice about the trend any less true though. Asian women settle for things in a white partner they would never settle for in Asian. This is just a reality of our community.

Myesyats brought up Mark Zuckerberg as an example of a sought after white man with an Asian woman. Lets be clear here. Zuckerberg is a man who, while successful, is completely socially inept. This is shown in any interview he has ever made example here:


this is a guy who listed, on friendster, that his interest was "Asian women" among other things:
Political Correctness, LGBTQ, #meToo and other related topics - Page 17 C_fit,fl_progressive,q_80,w_470

Do you think any other group of women would consider this appealing, or highly sought after, before the millions the way Asian girls did? Do you think any White girl on Harvard's campus thought he was appealing? Would an Asian guy with the exact same characteristics be considered appealing?

I mean this is a very uncomfortable conversation to have, but it is what it is. Every Asian woman wants to think they are different, that their relationship is different, but honestly it just isnt the case 90%+ of the time.

Young Kaz
First Team
First Team

Posts : 1558
Join date : 2019-03-23

Back to top Go down

Political Correctness, LGBTQ, #meToo and other related topics - Page 17 Empty Re: Political Correctness, LGBTQ, #meToo and other related topics

Post by Young Kaz Wed Mar 24, 2021 5:58 pm

@BarrileteCosmico wrote:Anyways @Young Kaz , I'm curious as to what your experience is then, do you have sisters/nieces/cousins that are dating absolute losers because they hate themselves?

I'm sure the breath of my experience is nowhere near yours, but I'm personally close friends with 2 women of Asian descent who are dating white men. These are not traditional submissive women who had to settle for losers, but outspoken confident ones who found someone they cared for. To hear them spoken of regularly by you as "mentally ill" honestly offends and triggers me.


I feel you honestly I do, but you have to understand the cultural implications that are happening with this.

What triggers me is growing up in church with girls who used to bruise themselves trying to physically widen their eyes. WHO would put in blue contacts and blonde highlights while bullying other Asian girls who did not do the same. Who would demand that an Asian boy have perfect grades, be 6 ft tall, have perfect manicured hair, clothing, nails..ect to even speak to them yet end up getting pregnant by white nerds or gangsters who are balding and 5'5. Who get on instagram and show off their pretty "white baby"(actual tags used BTW), but then magically stop posting pictures of it if someone dare comments on how they look Asian or if the kid gets older and actually starts looking asian. Theres a mental illness in our community, and it affects everybody.

Young Kaz
First Team
First Team

Posts : 1558
Join date : 2019-03-23

Back to top Go down

Political Correctness, LGBTQ, #meToo and other related topics - Page 17 Empty Re: Political Correctness, LGBTQ, #meToo and other related topics

Post by Babun Wed Mar 24, 2021 6:58 pm

@Young Kaz wrote:
@BarrileteCosmico wrote:Anyways @Young Kaz , I'm curious as to what your experience is then, do you have sisters/nieces/cousins that are dating absolute losers because they hate themselves?

I'm sure the breath of my experience is nowhere near yours, but I'm personally close friends with 2 women of Asian descent who are dating white men. These are not traditional submissive women who had to settle for losers, but outspoken confident ones who found someone they cared for. To hear them spoken of regularly by you as "mentally ill" honestly offends and triggers me.


I feel you honestly I do, but you have to understand the cultural implications that are happening with this.

What triggers me is growing up in church with girls who used to bruise themselves trying to physically widen their eyes. WHO would put in blue contacts and blonde highlights while bullying other Asian girls who did not do the same. Who would demand that an Asian boy have perfect grades, be 6 ft tall, have perfect manicured hair, clothing, nails..ect to even speak to them yet end up getting pregnant by white nerds or gangsters who are balding and 5'5. Who get on instagram and show off their pretty "white baby"(actual tags used BTW), but then magically stop posting pictures of it if someone dare comments on how they look Asian or if the kid gets older and actually starts looking asian. Theres a mental illness in our community, and it affects everybody.

You know "Ghost in the Shell"? I was a huge fan off when I was really young. I was happy there'd be a film. Then I got to know Scarlett Johanson was going to play the role. I didn't bother to watch at all. The character was 100% Asian, not made up but orignal Asian. Then I watched "Harold and Kumar" for fun. I was appaled by the way the Asian looking dude (Harold) was bothered by "whites" in that film as if it was an everyday matter. I believe you if you say there're issues with the standing of Asians in the US.
I can tell you though, it's not the case over here. We've got even Asian looking politicians, no one can be bothered with their looks. I think like many problems, the Asian one as you describe is very US specific.
Babun
Babun
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 7039
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Political Correctness, LGBTQ, #meToo and other related topics - Page 17 Empty Re: Political Correctness, LGBTQ, #meToo and other related topics

Post by El Gunner Wed Mar 24, 2021 11:50 pm

i like BC's post dissecting what Betty said, very maturely dealt with. I think it's very obvious to see that both of you make stellar arguments with valid examples, and are speaking from positions of personal truths and perceptive reasoning.

woke culture exits for a reason - it highlights how "conscious" we have become as a larger society to real-life social, political and economic factors and implications. The absurdity comes in when you realise we are just policing each other... some straight-up Orwellian shit.
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Club Supported : Arsenal
Posts : 18559
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 24

Back to top Go down

Political Correctness, LGBTQ, #meToo and other related topics - Page 17 Empty Re: Political Correctness, LGBTQ, #meToo and other related topics

Post by BarrileteCosmico Thu Mar 25, 2021 12:47 am

@Young Kaz wrote:People who are low standing often use things they themselves have not had to work for as a crutch because they dont have tangible things they have achieved to hang their pride on. A guy working a dead end job, with nothing to show for themselves, does not have anything traditionally to be proud of. They can hang pride on being white/black/asian/Nationalism though. Thats a pretty common trait in people who fall through such teachings.

I agree, but I think you're confusing cause and effect here. These men don't turn to white supremacy because they're "low standing". Rather they are poor, uneducated, disenfranchised, etc precisely because of the environment they grew up in, and as part of that bundle they were probably raised in a culture of hate. It's possible some of these men grew up around parents and peers of upstanding values and eventually turned to hate as a result of their own failings, not denying it, but I think that's very much in the minority of cases. I would venture most white supremacists learned it as kids through their environment rather than as unsuccessful adults.

@Young Kaz wrote:You are correct nobody is forcing them to date white supremacists, but that is the type they are going to get if they choose to go white because the traditional QB, Popular guy, Socially assertive/outgoing isnt going for them honestly. This is something we see every day.

I mean, yeah, these women have their own issues and perhaps they put white skin color high in their priority list. I 100% agree that anyone that dates a mass killer is troubled themself. I just don't think you can extrapolate from those cases to an entire gender.

@Young Kaz wrote:You bring up dating apps, but those apps are historically used by guys who are not high value. No guy who has high value is patrolling around an app for partners because by virtue of technology they put themselves at a greater disadvantage.  Personal example here. Me, and my Asian friends, in America used dating apps in America. Why? Because Asian men do not have high social value in this country. I've never had to use a dating app in Japan for example. Because being Japanese in Japan does not carry the same institutional stigma that being asian in the west does. The type of guy using a dating app to pick up chicks is the type of guy who cant just go outside and get a woman in most cases, and cant pick up their fetish in general in extreme cases.

Not sure how true this is any more. Dating apps are pretty common place, and between 30-50% of recent marriages occurred because of online dating. Covid has only made it more popular. Online dating kind of skipped me, but from what I gather from friends all of them are on it, attractive, rich, athletic or not.

That said, I totally see where you're coming from, and Asian men are discriminated against in them, no question about it. Just don't think the same is true for Asian women.

@Young Kaz wrote:I dont doubt that you have "high value" friends dating Asian women. That doesnt make what I, or any other Asian notice about the trend any less true though. Asian women settle for things in a white partner they would never settle for in Asian. This is just a reality of our community.

I feel like you're moving the goalpost a bit here. The original statement was that "high value" white men are not interested in Asian women, which as I already explained I think is false.

Whether Asian women accept "less" in white men than Asian ones, I think it depends, but  I could agree that in general this is true. But I'm not sure how much it is because of their skin color and how much because of other things they bring to the table. It really depends on how you individually define what's important to you, and that changes from person to person.

@Young Kaz wrote:Myesyats brought up Mark Zuckerberg as an example of a sought after white man with an Asian woman. Lets be clear here. Zuckerberg is a man who, while successful, is completely socially inept. This is shown in any interview he has ever made example here:

this is a guy who listed, on friendster, that his interest was "Asian women" among other things:

Do you think any other group of women would consider this appealing, or highly sought after, before the millions the way Asian girls did? Do you think any White girl on Harvard's campus thought he was appealing? Would an Asian guy with the exact same characteristics be considered appealing?
Zuck is a creep, that's well known. That said he was in a relationship with a white girl when he started facebook if memory serves. So... yes? The guy was going to harvard, which doesn't make you a genius or anything, but it's not like he had nothing going for him.

What triggers me is growing up in church with girls who used to bruise themselves trying to physically widen their eyes. WHO would put in blue contacts and blonde highlights while bullying other Asian girls who did not do the same. Who would demand that an Asian boy have perfect grades, be 6 ft tall, have perfect manicured hair, clothing, nails..ect to even speak to them yet end up getting pregnant by white nerds or gangsters who are balding and 5'5. Who get on instagram and show off their pretty "white baby"(actual tags used BTW), but then magically stop posting pictures of it if someone dare comments on how they look Asian or if the kid gets older and actually starts looking asian. Theres a mental illness in our community, and it affects everybody.

Obviously I disagree with all of that as well. And if that's the case then I'm sorry anyone that goes through it. But I don't think you can generalize from that to everyone. Anecdotally, I also know of a few women who will only date other asians (or in their case, only Koreans). You can't paint everyone with the same brush.

@Young Kaz wrote:I mean this is a very uncomfortable conversation to have, but it is what it is. Every Asian woman wants to think they are different, that their relationship is different, but honestly it just isnt the case 90%+ of the time.
Yeah these are the kinds of generalizations that trouble me. You seem to think of dating as "X person hits certain income, athletic, intelligence, sociability, race thresholds which composes his "social value" and based on that value Y amount of girls should be interested in him". Like it's a cold blooded financial transaction. Those things matter more or less to certain people, but in a lot of cases it's not the most important thing by far. It's about how both partners make each other feel.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona
Posts : 26783
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 30

Back to top Go down

Political Correctness, LGBTQ, #meToo and other related topics - Page 17 Empty Re: Political Correctness, LGBTQ, #meToo and other related topics

Post by Arquitecto Thu Mar 25, 2021 5:18 pm

Kaz's points can hold some semblance of truth, are notably controversial and stir some interest but Ive learned they are based too much on sweeping generalisations, anecdotal evidence and a lot of bias based on personal emotion.


Therefore its hard to take seriously given he argues what is called in bad faith.

Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Sociedad
Posts : 11010
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Political Correctness, LGBTQ, #meToo and other related topics - Page 17 Empty Re: Political Correctness, LGBTQ, #meToo and other related topics

Post by Myesyats Tue May 11, 2021 3:06 pm

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-57055154

French soldiers warn of civil war in new letter

The authors of the letter describe themselves as part of a younger generation of soldiers who have served in Afghanistan, Mali and the Central African Republic, or joined domestic anti-terrorism operations.

Most French civilians are also concerned about violence, drugs and Islamism, so for soldiers - by instinct more attached than most to tradition, law-and-order and authority - to share those views is hardly in itself of note.

"If a civil war breaks out, the army will maintain order on its own soil," the letter went on to say.

"No one can want such a terrible situation - our elders no more than us - but yes, civil war is brewing in France and you know it perfectly well."


@Sportsczy wtf is going on ova der
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Atletico Madrid
Posts : 14514
Join date : 2015-05-03
Age : 22

Back to top Go down

Political Correctness, LGBTQ, #meToo and other related topics - Page 17 Empty Re: Political Correctness, LGBTQ, #meToo and other related topics

Post by Nishankly Tue May 11, 2021 5:04 pm

Interesting, I have a preference for any women since only a few seem to like me :coffee:
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Club Supported : Lyon
Posts : 20188
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 27

Back to top Go down

Political Correctness, LGBTQ, #meToo and other related topics - Page 17 Empty Re: Political Correctness, LGBTQ, #meToo and other related topics

Post by BarrileteCosmico Sat May 15, 2021 8:58 pm

So someone at Apple just got fired because they wrote this forever ago:

"She had wild green eyes with natural red spots in her irises when you pulled close, reminiscent of that Afghan girl from the National Geographic cover. Her personality was flinty and rough and as leathery as her skin. She had spent years between various jobs, backpacking around the rougher parts of the world. She was an imposing broad-shouldered presence. Six feet tall on bare feet and towering over me in heels.

"Most women in the Bay Area are soft and weak, cosseted and naive despite their claims of worldliness, and generally full of shit.
They have their self-regarding entitlement feminism and ceaselessly want their independence, but the reality is come the epidemic plague or foreign invasion, they become precisely the sort of useless baggage you trade for a box of shotgun shells or a jerrycan of diesel.

"British trader on the other hand was the sort of woman who would end up a useful ally in that post-apocalypse, doing whatever work — be it carpentry, animal husbandry, or a shotgun blast to someone's back — required doing. Long story short, you wanted to tie your genetic wagon to the bucking horse of her bloodline." 

Seems like a complete overreaction to me personally , hard to see why people would feel "unsafe" around him.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona
Posts : 26783
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 30

Back to top Go down

Political Correctness, LGBTQ, #meToo and other related topics - Page 17 Empty Re: Political Correctness, LGBTQ, #meToo and other related topics

Post by LeVersacci Sat May 15, 2021 9:07 pm

Would have done the same.

Sounds like a serial killer straight out of Luther.
LeVersacci
LeVersacci
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 13279
Join date : 2011-09-05
Age : 28

Back to top Go down

Political Correctness, LGBTQ, #meToo and other related topics - Page 17 Empty Re: Political Correctness, LGBTQ, #meToo and other related topics

Post by CBarca Sat May 15, 2021 9:23 pm

Thank god I post on GL. Aint nobody checking to see what I write on GL
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao
Posts : 19832
Join date : 2011-06-17
Age : 25

Back to top Go down

Political Correctness, LGBTQ, #meToo and other related topics - Page 17 Empty Re: Political Correctness, LGBTQ, #meToo and other related topics

Post by BarrileteCosmico Sat May 15, 2021 9:54 pm

@LeVersacci wrote:Would have done the same.

Sounds like a serial killer straight out of Luther.
In that case you prob wouldn't hire him in the first place Wink
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona
Posts : 26783
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 30

Back to top Go down

Political Correctness, LGBTQ, #meToo and other related topics - Page 17 Empty Re: Political Correctness, LGBTQ, #meToo and other related topics

Post by El Gunner Sat May 15, 2021 10:04 pm

@BarrileteCosmico wrote:So someone at Apple just got fired because they wrote this forever ago:

"She had wild green eyes with natural red spots in her irises when you pulled close, reminiscent of that Afghan girl from the National Geographic cover. Her personality was flinty and rough and as leathery as her skin. She had spent years between various jobs, backpacking around the rougher parts of the world. She was an imposing broad-shouldered presence. Six feet tall on bare feet and towering over me in heels.

"Most women in the Bay Area are soft and weak, cosseted and naive despite their claims of worldliness, and generally full of shit.
They have their self-regarding entitlement feminism and ceaselessly want their independence, but the reality is come the epidemic plague or foreign invasion, they become precisely the sort of useless baggage you trade for a box of shotgun shells or a jerrycan of diesel.

"British trader on the other hand was the sort of woman who would end up a useful ally in that post-apocalypse, doing whatever work — be it carpentry, animal husbandry, or a shotgun blast to someone's back — required doing. Long story short, you wanted to tie your genetic wagon to the bucking horse of her bloodline." 

Seems like a complete overreaction to me personally , hard to see why people would feel "unsafe" around him.

love the second and third paragraph lol
where did he post it? sounds like something out of a troll novel
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Club Supported : Arsenal
Posts : 18559
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 24

Back to top Go down

Political Correctness, LGBTQ, #meToo and other related topics - Page 17 Empty Re: Political Correctness, LGBTQ, #meToo and other related topics

Post by Myesyats Sun May 16, 2021 4:08 am

Its creepy but I wouldnt fire him based on that alone unless he was acting weird IRL.

Need more context. Was he writing a novel or what.
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Atletico Madrid
Posts : 14514
Join date : 2015-05-03
Age : 22

Back to top Go down

Political Correctness, LGBTQ, #meToo and other related topics - Page 17 Empty Re: Political Correctness, LGBTQ, #meToo and other related topics

Post by BarrileteCosmico Sun May 16, 2021 5:39 am

It's part of a memoire called "chaos monkeys", a very popular book in the tech industry. The apple interviewers asked him about passages from that book before hiring him so they were familiar with it .
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona
Posts : 26783
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 30

Back to top Go down

Political Correctness, LGBTQ, #meToo and other related topics - Page 17 Empty Re: Political Correctness, LGBTQ, #meToo and other related topics

Post by Blue Sun May 16, 2021 6:09 am

Freedom of speech should be expanded into the private sectors. The First Amendment should protect you regardless if you have public or private job.

Blue
Blue
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Chelsea
Posts : 2814
Join date : 2011-06-06
Age : 31

Back to top Go down

Political Correctness, LGBTQ, #meToo and other related topics - Page 17 Empty Re: Political Correctness, LGBTQ, #meToo and other related topics

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 17 of 19 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18, 19  Next

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum