BarrileteCosmico
Thimmy
Myesyats
El Gunner
Babun
33 posters

Page 11 of 23 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 17 ... 23  Next

Go down

Political Correctness, LGBTQ, #meToo and other related topics - Page 11 Empty Re: Political Correctness, LGBTQ, #meToo and other related topics

Post by Warrior Tue Feb 09, 2021 4:48 pm

Wokeness is an international enemy, not only to France

Warrior
FORZA JUVE

Back to top Go down

Political Correctness, LGBTQ, #meToo and other related topics - Page 11 Empty Re: Political Correctness, LGBTQ, #meToo and other related topics

Post by Thimmy Tue Feb 09, 2021 6:50 pm

Movements and demonstrations based around American social issues, has been a frequent topic here lately, as well. It's only one example of all the nonsense that's emerged as a result of, primarily the younger generations, being influenced through social media to the point where they don't care if they don't know exactly what they're fighting for, or what the consequences are.
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Babun Thu Feb 11, 2021 5:11 am

When transgender fighter Fallon Fox broke her opponent's skull in MMA fight
https://www.sportskeeda.com/mma/news-when-transgender-fighter-fallon-fox-broke-opponent-s-skull-mma-fight

The definition of sports includes physical activity and rules which make sure competition is fair for all of the participants. Fallon Fox is for me a man beating up a woman, he/she/it should be prosecuted as such. There is a reason disciplines are divided in male, female and height/weight classes to ensure fair competition. The differences aren't political in the least, they're apparent and physical!
https://nypost.com/2021/01/22/bidens-trans-order-undoes-decades-of-feminist-progress/

There's nothing progressive about it.
Babun
Babun
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Thu Feb 11, 2021 7:25 am

Out here posting articles about a fighter who hasn’t fought in 7 years and is retired. Also what the hell is that sketchy ass site.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Tottenham HotSpurs

Back to top Go down

Post by Babun Thu Feb 11, 2021 9:27 am

@Freeza wrote:Out here posting articles about a fighter who hasn’t fought in 7 years and is retired. Also what the hell is that sketchy ass site.

The issue is transgender men to women athletes who compete as females and scew that way the competition. Well not that is the issue really because they do what the law allows them to. The scandal is the political body which refuses to recognize a problem so instead of creating a division for exactly this type of transgender athletes they act as if nothing is wrong in the name of ideals.

And yeah, even though the issue is 7 years old, a male boxer breaking the skull of a female boxer would be sentenced to long term jail time.
How about you don't attack the site but discuss the issue instead? If the opinion is so wrong you could surely shed some light on the matter.
Babun
Babun
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Thu Feb 11, 2021 10:34 am

"But the idea that the order will allow transgender females — whose sex at birth was male but whose gender identity is female — to compete in women’s sports is misguided. The Biden executive order does not impose any new guidelines that would immediately bring changes to school sports, and it only mentions sports once: "Children should be able to learn without worrying about whether they will be denied access to the restroom, the locker room, or school sports." Instead, it requires federal agencies, including the U.S. Education Department, to review existing policies and programs to determine whether they are in line with the new guidance prohibiting discrimination based on gender and sexuality, and to implement changes if needed."

The decision is ultimately up to the education dept and related agencies
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Warrior Thu Feb 11, 2021 1:31 pm

Transgenders should compete within themselves in pro sports, also semi-pro

Recreational sports well it is already home-made rules so who cares

Not sure what the world owes to gender skepticals, that we must accept whatever sort of doping, the #1 rule of all sports is fair-play

Inclusion in sports is the logical concept, yes. Women, minorities and homosexuals must be respected. But transgenders exclude themselves out of society's norm even knowing the consequences beforehand. It should be their problem, not the problem of all other athletes.
Warrior
Warrior
FORZA JUVE

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Thu Feb 11, 2021 4:02 pm

This was mentioned to me by our friendly neighbourhood bot, MT Smile

Political Correctness, LGBTQ, #meToo and other related topics - Page 11 Skjerm16

Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Fri Feb 12, 2021 6:46 am

Yeah posted this in TV thread as well, but this is a better place for it.

Amber Benson and Michelle Trachtenberg have both spoken out in support of Charisma, as has Sarah Michelle Gellar. Anthony Head commented as well that he didn't remember seeing much of this, but that wasn't a denial of it in so much as a lament that he should've seen it happening, as the senior actor on the show.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Fri Feb 12, 2021 12:20 pm

Political Correctness, LGBTQ, #meToo and other related topics - Page 11 EuCvJGyWQAQdQ9u?format=jpg&name=medium

Damn. Going from Soderbergh, Star Wars and Deadpool to Ben Shapiro.

Really moving up.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Fri Feb 12, 2021 1:02 pm

I don't watch the mandalorian but this is hilarious Laughing

Ben shapiro and ted cruz is the elite you wanna be with on one side. Dont give up on your dreams Gina rofl
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Babun Sat Feb 13, 2021 4:13 am

@Thimmy wrote:This was mentioned to me by our friendly neighbourhood bot, MT Smile

Political Correctness, LGBTQ, #meToo and other related topics - Page 11 Skjerm16

I read her posts, she seems like an ignorant, stupid person but what do you expect from an actor? They aren't Einsteins. The way to go would be to ridicule her stand, for Disney to say in no way they share her sentiments and make her look stupid so she behaves better in the future. Losing her job because of her social media posts.... that's fascism. Prohibiting a way of thinking without a discussion or a way for the person to redeem oneself is the start of fascism.

History repeats itself:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cultural_Revolution
Babun
Babun
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Sat Feb 13, 2021 4:27 am

They aren’t Einsteins? Neither are you apparently. Charisma Carpenter isn’t who you’re talking about lol.

Gina Carano is also hardly an actor. And she obviously wanted to be fired so she could make money off being a bigot like her other friends.

Still can’t take you seriously since that shit you and your girl pulled years back rofl you’re clearly not a good judge of character
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Sat Feb 13, 2021 4:50 am

@Babun wrote: Losing her job because of her social media posts.... that's fascism.

No it isn't! That's a non argument

How hard is it to be a decent human being??? She posted horrible stuff on her socials and she ought to be held to account for it!

There is no revolution, i know people who were fired a decade ago from their job because their employer found their horrific posting on facebook. Since when is it ok to be a shit person... I guess if the president is a bully, anyone can be now and if they face accountability they're being repressed... bull****
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by elitedam Sat Feb 13, 2021 5:02 am

Nobody is prohibiting a way of thinking. She decided to post a bunch of dumb shit and her employer shitcanned her for it.

Comparing it to fascism makes you just as big of a snowflake as the people you like to shit on.
elitedam
elitedam
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Sat Feb 13, 2021 9:23 am

Charisma Carpenter had a a character in the late 90s, early 00s TV show, Buffy the Vampire Slayer. She accused the writer behind the show of bullying and harassing her, basically. She's been backed up by some of the female cast members of that show.

Gina Carano I mostly remember for being a former MMA athlete. She's a conservative, so I'm not surprised that she's been on Ben Shapiro's show. I doubt that he's taken her under his wing, though. She was fired from the cast of the Mandalorian, as well as from her own management company after some tweets, and they weren't her first, controversial tweets.

I'm generally not a fan of people being fired or cancelled for voicing some degree of ignorant or controversial opinions on social media. I think a warning and/or guidance should be sufficient, as it makes the most sense to me that a character of a show should be separated from the real life person to the extent that it's possible to do so. From what I understand, she made fun of the popular use of gender pronouns in certain, transgender communities. She also ridiculed the use of facemasks, and claimed that the recent election was rigged.
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Babun Sat Feb 13, 2021 9:26 am

@Freeza wrote:Political Correctness, LGBTQ, #meToo and other related topics - Page 11 EuCvJGyWQAQdQ9u?format=jpg&name=medium

Damn. Going from Soderbergh, Star Wars and Deadpool to Ben Shapiro.

Really moving up.

@Freeza wrote:They aren’t Einsteins? Neither are you apparently. Charisma Carpenter isn’t who you’re talking about lol.

Gina Carano is also hardly an actor. And she obviously wanted to be fired so she could make money off being a bigot like her other friends.

Still can’t take you seriously since that shit you and your girl pulled years back rofl you’re clearly not a good judge of character

I quoted the wrong post. I meant yours of course.
Babun
Babun
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Sat Feb 13, 2021 11:40 am

@Babun wrote:I read her posts, she seems like an ignorant, stupid person but what do you expect from an actor? They aren't Einsteins. The way to go would be to ridicule her stand, for Disney to say in no way they share her sentiments and make her look stupid so she behaves better in the future. Losing her job because of her social media posts.... that's fascism. Prohibiting a way of thinking without a discussion or a way for the person to redeem oneself is the start of fascism.

History repeats itself:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cultural_Revolution

It's only fascism when the employer is the govt, between 2 private actors, hard to call it that.

There have been some serious overreactions about social media posts in the past that were controversial, but this doesn't strike me as one of them.

She made a controversial post, Disney asked her to stop, she kept doing it and got fired.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Sat Feb 13, 2021 11:44 am

@Thimmy wrote:Charisma Carpenter had a a character in the late 90s, early 00s TV show, Buffy the Vampire Slayer. She accused the writer behind the show of bullying and harassing her, basically. She's been backed up by some of the female cast members of that show.

Gina Carano I mostly remember for being a former MMA athlete. She's a conservative, so I'm not surprised that she's been on Ben Shapiro's show. I doubt that he's taken her under his wing, though. She was fired from the cast of the Mandalorian, as well as from her own management company after some tweets, and they weren't her first, controversial tweets.

I'm generally not a fan of people being fired or cancelled for voicing some degree of ignorant or controversial opinions on social media. I think a warning and/or guidance should be sufficient, as it makes the most sense to me that a character of a show should be separated from the real life person to the extent that it's possible to do so. From what I understand, she made fun of the popular use of gender pronouns in certain, transgender communities. She also ridiculed the use of facemasks, and claimed that the recent election was rigged.

She was warned after a series of ignorant tweets. After the warning she tweeted that "jews weren't beaten by nazi soldiers but by their neighbors and even children" and that was the straw that broke the camel's back, but it was hardly a one tweet and out kind of thing.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Sat Feb 13, 2021 11:49 am

So she literally defended and excused fascists? Speaking of fascism.......
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Sat Feb 13, 2021 4:08 pm

@BarrileteCosmico wrote:
@Thimmy wrote:Charisma Carpenter had a a character in the late 90s, early 00s TV show, Buffy the Vampire Slayer. She accused the writer behind the show of bullying and harassing her, basically. She's been backed up by some of the female cast members of that show.

She was warned after a series of ignorant tweets. After the warning she tweeted that "jews weren't beaten by nazi soldiers but by their neighbors and even children" and that was the straw that broke the camel's back, but it was hardly a one tweet and out kind of thing.

I already mentioned that they weren't her first, controversial tweets. I was not aware that she'd written something that out of line about jews being beaten, though. Seems awfully unnecessary lol. I wonder what Shapiro thinks about that, being a proud jew and all.
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Sat Feb 13, 2021 6:05 pm

As usual, the difference is between tolerating a "way of thinking" and tolerating bigotry. Should we be upset that people get banned for being racist at sports matches?

This is no different. It turns out that when you spew bigoted nonsense (chat shit), you may be fired for it (get banged).

What else do you think Vardy was referring to? Chat shit, get banged.

Disney ain't out here telling her she can't advocate for a lower corporate tax
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Sat Feb 13, 2021 7:22 pm

Yeah I doubt Disney management has anything against conservative thinking. They’re some of the most powerful conservatives out there.

Bob Iger and his aren’t exactly social Democrats.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Sat Feb 13, 2021 9:16 pm

That's the irony of all of this.

They did this to protect Disney's revenues. To protect its extremely powerful (and likely conservative) shareholders. That's capitalism in action, the bastion of freedom that is the bedrock of the conservative ideology. And now, they're throwing a temper tantrum because their own ideology was weaponized against one of their own, likely by one of their own.

The type of irony to savor really.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Fri Feb 19, 2021 6:38 am

Laughing sit in the meeting but stay quiet woman

this totally explains Young Kaz views on women and marriage
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Fri Feb 19, 2021 7:49 am

It certainly explains why female anime characters are, in general, so limited in personality. They're largely written by men.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 11 of 23 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 17 ... 23  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum