M99
Pedram
CBarca
The Demon of Carthage
Freeza
45 posters

Page 37 of 39 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 36, 37, 38, 39  Next

Go down

USA Gun Violence & Police Brutality Thread - Page 37 Empty Re: USA Gun Violence & Police Brutality Thread

Post by Myesyats Sat Nov 20, 2021 10:14 pm

IDK man studies do not prove that claim:
Video games do not lead to violence or aggression, according to a reanalysis of data gathered from more than 21,000 young people around the world.
“Thus, current research is unable to support the hypothesis that violent video games have a meaningful long-term predictive impact on youth aggression,” the report said.

https://www.theguardian.com/games/2020/jul/22/playing-video-games-doesnt-lead-to-violent-behaviour-study-shows

This kyle guy took part in a police cadet program, maybe thats it.

Id say he was more influenced by right wing nutjob propaganda more than anything

Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

USA Gun Violence & Police Brutality Thread - Page 37 Empty Re: USA Gun Violence & Police Brutality Thread

Post by VivaStPauli Sun Nov 21, 2021 1:50 am

@Warrior wrote:I'm not talking about being exposed to violence in GTA or COD which of course it's not particularly worse than TV or movies.

In video games you are in control, you pull the trigger. It's not the same thing at all. Kyle Rittenhouse 17 years old went to a riot with an AR-15 thinking he was gonna live the Modern Warfare experience and boy was he right.

That is literally the argument boomers have been making and science has not yet backed up.
VivaStPauli
VivaStPauli
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC St. Pauli

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Sun Nov 21, 2021 6:22 am

@FennecFox7 wrote:
@Harmonica wrote:Kyle Rittenhouse cleared from all charges in Kenosha.  Pretty much the only thing I admire in US today, its justice system. Thumbs up

Be careful with saying that here.. although I agree with you 100%

Our justice system is kinda flawed but the right call was made here

You guys are fucking insane, I swear.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Vibe Mon Nov 22, 2021 5:31 am

It is ridiculous even talking about the verdict being right or wrong.

I've followed this trial, and even thought I was somewhat familiar with the matter, I was still absolutely shocked by how "normal" it was for people to be on the street with assault rifles. What do they think is gonna happen? That's right, shit like this.

America is a place of unparalleled idiocy, and the system grows more and more idiots. 90% of the people giving testimonies in this trial were complete idiots.

The Rittenhouse guy even seemed normal compared to them. Props to him dealing with the DA though, great testimony for his defence.

No one should be allowed to carry a firearm outside ther own home, period.
Vibe
Vibe
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Mon Nov 22, 2021 6:11 am

Dear lgbt guru, would you say the US society is unparalleled in its idiocy in relation to how wealthy it is and has continuously been.? In poorer countries, with history of repressive regimes and such theres bound to be some gaps and lacking in education and awareness but the US is fucking exceptional and a case to be studied for sure

Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Mon Nov 22, 2021 6:15 am

I saw this video the other day. I thought it was interestingly informative about the issues of blue states in the US.

Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Mon Nov 22, 2021 6:20 am

LG already beat you to it m8

Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Mon Nov 22, 2021 6:22 am

Who's LG? hmm

- Ah, I see it's in the US Politics thread.
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Vibe Mon Nov 22, 2021 4:32 pm

@Myesyats wrote:Dear lgbt guru, would you say the US society is unparalleled in its idiocy in relation to how wealthy it is and has continuously been.? In poorer countries, with history of repressive regimes and such theres bound to be some gaps and lacking in education and awareness but the US is fucking exceptional and a case to be studied for sure

I would never ever trade living in Serbia for America. I am not rich, sure, but I get sick? I go to the hospital and get treatment for free. I go to school? I survive. I want to protest? No one shoots me. I have an opinion? I can express it and no one will attack me or cancel me.

America is an industrial giant and it will always shit on us in that regard, but I have never ever seen such idiotic culture in my life.

If they offered me 1 million a month to live there, I would accept but only for 1 month and go back home with those idiotic american dollars.

I feel like their decadent moral authority is singlehandedly dragging the entire world down.
Vibe
Vibe
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Mon Nov 22, 2021 5:37 pm

I don't want to shit on the US, like so many other people seem to do these days, there are certainly positive things about the nation that other nations simply can't, or haven't been able to compete with, but I share your sentiment regarding moving to, and living in the US.

If I was filthy rich, I'd love to spend my wealth there for a period of time in blissful ignorance of all of the things I don't particularly like, it's a country of excess after all, but I wouldn't want to live there permanently. The US is, without a doubt, fascinating to study from afar, and I appreciate that we all have the opportunity to do so.
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Adit Mon Nov 22, 2021 5:44 pm

Oh I sure as hell agree that influence of american culture on the world is calamitous and others are equally blamed for looking upto US culturally. Only good thing to take from about US is it's industrialization .
Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Borussia Mönchengladbach

http://www.realmadridfootballblog.com

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Mon Nov 22, 2021 5:56 pm

we take a lot from them culturally as long as they are leaders in media production. We love their movies, we love their music, we love their celebrity culture, we love the overall aura of the American dream even it's all bullshit, and therefore we are attracted to any top headline news that comes out of the States.
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Mon Nov 22, 2021 6:18 pm

Thank you for words of wisdom dear lgbt guru   USA Gun Violence & Police Brutality Thread - Page 37 Person-with-folded-hands_1f64f

Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Vibe Tue Nov 23, 2021 1:22 am

I am wise in the ways of the gays

Also why does this thread redirect me to bang-good.com whenever I enter it? Ffs
Vibe
Vibe
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by FennecFox7 Tue Nov 23, 2021 3:09 am

The US is the greatest country to live in and build a new life in. Keep hating. There’s a reason quite a few people want to come here. The freedom, opportunity, and the diversity celebrated. I’m gonna keep it real, Europe is no paradise and there’s lots of violence, high taxes, and blatant racism.

Imagine calling the American dream bullshit, how hard is it to get a degree and a decent paying job? How hard is it to be frugal and save money? This is literally the easiest time to be successful and we have marxists like you pretending the opposite. My dad came here with 0 dollars in his pocket and a 6 month scholarship. Paid his way through school and has two masters degrees. Also mixed race. But I’m sure that doesn’t confirm to your worldwide view that the American dream is dead
FennecFox7
FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Tue Nov 23, 2021 3:10 am

I haven't followed the Rittenhouse case closely, so mostly out of the loop on that, but if it's as described here then it was a big disinformation campaign by left wing media

https://www.persuasion.community/p/the-rittenhouse-verdict-shouldnt
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Tue Nov 23, 2021 3:47 am

@FennecFox7 wrote:The US is the greatest country to live in and build a new life in. Keep hating. There’s a reason quite a few people want to come here. The freedom, opportunity, and the diversity celebrated. I’m gonna keep it real, Europe is no paradise and there’s lots of violence, high taxes, and blatant racism.

Imagine calling the American dream bullshit, how hard is it to get a degree and a decent paying job? How hard is it to be frugal and save money? This is literally the easiest time to be successful and we have marxists like you pretending the opposite. My dad came here with 0 dollars in his pocket and a 6 month scholarship. Paid his way through school and has two masters degrees. Also mixed race. But I’m sure that doesn’t confirm to your worldwide view that the American dream is dead

imagine expecting the bare minimum to be the American Dream
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Warrior Tue Nov 23, 2021 4:36 am

@FennecFox7 wrote:The US is the greatest country to live in and build a new life in. Keep hating. There’s a reason quite a few people want to come here. The freedom, opportunity, and the diversity celebrated. I’m gonna keep it real, Europe is no paradise and there’s lots of violence, high taxes, and blatant racism.

USA is bad compared to Canada. The same, but better, in almost every aspect. Only the southern weather we don't have and the size of meals at fast foods, y'all are unbeatable.
Warrior
Warrior
FORZA JUVE

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Tue Nov 23, 2021 5:42 am

meanwhile europeans

Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Tue Nov 23, 2021 1:59 pm

lol. Would love to see that guy on GL. CNN and Fox News are both politically driven, highly dishonest news networks that largely present their stories from a certain angle before they know all of the details for certain. Not very different from our "CR is definitely a sodomistic, rapist" and endless other, political topics that everyone seems to be on top of as soon as they've become news stories.
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Found Tue Nov 23, 2021 4:20 pm

@BarrileteCosmico wrote:I haven't followed the Rittenhouse case closely, so mostly out of the loop on that, but if it's as described here then it was a big disinformation campaign by left wing media

https://www.persuasion.community/p/the-rittenhouse-verdict-shouldnt

That seems to be a recurring theme. They got lucky maybe with the Arberry trial that’s about to finish, since seemingly the accused in that case have probably made legal errors in their actions. But the jogging narrative that blew up last year before being overshadowed by George Floyd has been completely debunked in this trial. This story shouldn’t be a national news story, it should just be a small news item of interest to people interested in niche aspects of gun law and self-defence. But instead we get a bonanza of racial paranoia and hysteria.

you use the term ‘left wing media’. I’d hesitate to call the media left wing. It’s not right wing, but I’m not sure it’s left wing either. It’s an entity representing a specific interest group of the rich and powerful I believe, that may have leftish biases, but I think their output reflects the idiosyncrasies of their social group more than leftism in a broad sense. In the same way Hollywood might have leftish bias, but Hollywood is Hollywood first and foremost, bunch of weirdos and such.
Found
Found
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Tue Nov 23, 2021 4:31 pm

i'm interested @Found, in detail what actually happened in Arbery case? he wasn't just jogging?
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Tue Nov 23, 2021 4:43 pm

@Thimmy wrote:lol. Would love to see that guy on GL. CNN and Fox News are both politically driven, highly dishonest news networks that largely present their stories from a certain angle before they know all of the details for certain. Not very different from our "CR is definitely a sodomistic, rapist" and endless other, political topics that everyone seems to be on top of as soon as they've become news stories.

I use him as my only news source as he is unbiased, very reflective and eloquent

Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by elitedam Tue Nov 23, 2021 8:23 pm

probably made legal errors = saw a black guy running, chased and killed him
elitedam
elitedam
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by elitedam Tue Nov 23, 2021 8:24 pm

@El Gunner wrote:i'm interested @Found, in detail what actually happened in Arbery case? he wasn't just jogging?

https://www.reuters.com/legal/government/prosecution-begin-closing-argument-georgia-trial-over-killing-ahmaud-arbery-2021-11-22/

"No evidence ever emerged that Arbery, who was saving money to return to technical college, took anything on his frequent runs through Satilla Shores. The property owner said through a lawyer he believed Arbery was stopping for a drink from a water faucet on the site."
elitedam
elitedam
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Found Wed Nov 24, 2021 12:44 am

@elitedam wrote:
@El Gunner wrote:i'm interested @Found, in detail what actually happened in Arbery case? he wasn't just jogging?

https://www.reuters.com/legal/government/prosecution-begin-closing-argument-georgia-trial-over-killing-ahmaud-arbery-2021-11-22/

"No evidence ever emerged that Arbery, who was saving money to return to technical college, took anything on his frequent runs through Satilla Shores. The property owner said through a lawyer he believed Arbery was stopping for a drink from a water faucet on the site."

@elgunner
The neighbourhood was being burgled, including the site Arberry “visited”. But here’s the kicker, that site, because of 1000s of dollars of property stolen, had surveillance cameras installed. And you know what those cameras showed? Arberry, repeatedly visiting the site, AT NIGHT, and they knew it was him from previous encounters there, at night.
@elitedan
So look, my dude, there’s a concept called ‘plausible deniability’ but what you’re relying on is implausible deniability. That’s one of the most clear cut cases of ‘reasonable suspicion’ I’ve ever heard of. It’s not about proving Arberry had stolen goods, it’s about whether they had reasonable suspicion of him, or if they’re just racist as you imply.

But by all means, do your ‘it because he’s black’ thing, I don’t think a reasonable person buys that when the other explanation is ‘it’s because he’s on camera visiting a burglary site at night repeatedly’. So when they’re convicted because they or someone else misinterpreted the citizens arrest law of Georgia, feel good about that if you want. But if the only reason you care about this case is because of some imaginary racial drama in your head, that’s pretty stupid, just saying.
Found
Found
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 37 of 39 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 36, 37, 38, 39  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum