M99
Pedram
CBarca
The Demon of Carthage
Freeza
45 posters

Page 32 of 40 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 31, 32, 33 ... 36 ... 40  Next

Go down

USA Gun Violence & Police Brutality Thread - Page 32 Empty Re: USA Gun Violence & Police Brutality Thread

Post by McLewis Thu Sep 03, 2020 12:40 pm

This happened before George Floyd and is only now getting traction:

For those that can't /won't watch this: Despite being in the middle of a mental health episode, Daniel Prude complied immediately with police. He didn't resist. He was naked and unarmed. This didn't save him. Police still pressed his face into the ground, with a knee on his back and suffocated him with a bag over his head. The excuse for the hood is that it is believed Prude ingested PCP (it's unknown if he did this knowingly) and other drugs that can cause spitting so the hood protects the cop from that. He died that night, but was kept on life support for 7 days before being taken off. The cops who did it still have their jobs.

There are 2 justice systems in this country.

McLewis
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

USA Gun Violence & Police Brutality Thread - Page 32 Empty Re: USA Gun Violence & Police Brutality Thread

Post by McLewis Thu Sep 03, 2020 1:07 pm

For contrast, this seems to be the way cops deal with naked white men:

This guy is suspected of murdering 3 people because God told him to. He's been ruled mentally unfit to stand trial. Yet he's alive.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Thu Sep 03, 2020 2:00 pm

It seems like they even whistled the dog off lol. Remarkable Laughing
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Tue Sep 22, 2020 1:36 pm

My guess is they're about to announce that there will be no charges brought against the cops that killed her.

They are bracing for the protests (and yes, possible riots) that will follow.

This is just really heart-wrenching. They're going to pay her family $12 million, but her killers will continue to walk free.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Tue Sep 22, 2020 1:54 pm

Yeah, it's not a good look if the message is "for 12 million, our cops get to kill innocents without other repercussions."
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Wed Sep 23, 2020 8:35 pm

I mean, I knew they wouldn't convict any of these cops for her murder, but to charge one for a Class D Felony for shooting at the neighbors walls, but not for actually shooting Breonna Taylor herself? That's disheartening and cruel.

What Kentucky's justice system is saying effectively is that Breonna Taylor's life mattered less than the walls of her neighbors. $12 million dollars does not equal 1 life. It never will.

About the coward who decided not to charge these cops, Daniel Cameron:

- He is Kentucky's Attorney General, the first black man to hold the post.

- He is a protégé of Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell, the most powerful Republican in Congress and 2nd only to Trump himself.

- He has long been groomed as McConnell's eventual successor in the Senate.

- He is also on Trump's shortlist for replacing Ruth Bader Ginsberg on the Supreme Court, but I doubt that will happen as Trump has apparently committed to placing a woman on that bench.

- He absolutely does not value Breonna Taylor's life.

Make no mistake about it. There will be riots in Louisville tonight. It's inevitable. I wish that wasn't the case and that the protests are peaceful, but they're not going to be. I'm not sure its realistic to even think they could've been given this decision.

Cameron didn't decide this on his own though. A grand jury decide with him. He is withholding their racial makeup. Race shouldn't matter here, but this is a Southern state with white cops murdering a black woman. It matters. Perhaps Cameron is protecting these people. Admirable that he's done more to protect him than he did for Taylor.

I'm just tired at this point. Flat out exhausted by this system.

It's wild that Kyle Rittenhouse, who killed 2 men in self-defense at a protest he shouldn't have even been at, is being hailed a hero when Kenneth Walker (Breonna's boyfriend) is labeled a criminal for legally defending himself in his own home. Rittenhouse is white. Walker is black. Rittenhouse killed civilians. Walker wounded a cop. Rittenhouse will likely not see justice for his crimes. Walker will probably get railroaded by some other charge brought against him (he does have other warrants out for him apparently). And that's not even mentioning Trayvon Martin, also a 17 year old kid like Rittenhouse, who was followed by a white civilian man and was killed by that white man defending himself. That white man got away with it despite the cops warning him not to follow the boy.

There are 2 justice systems in this country. I'm going to keep saying it until it's no longer the case.

How do we fix this? Voting helps, but it must be done effectively and with care. Voting nationally does little to effect the fortunes in the here and now. Real change starts with voting locally and putting the right people in charge of city governments and state government. Choosing the right mayors, the right judges, the right district attorneys, is a lot more effective in the short-term than choosing who to send to Congress. Black people do not vote in high enough numbers in local elections, especially in the inner cities. That's just the facts. They've allowed suburban whites to decide who makes the decisions that impact them the most. That has to stop.

What really gets me though, as a black man in this country with a black partner, who has a black kid and I have a mixed race child, is that the cops could storm my apartment at any moment and if I happened to be armed, but not know who is breaking in and I shoot, I will be blamed for whatever happens next. That's what happened to Kenneth Walker here. There's a lot of back and forth about whether cops announced themselves (they didn't) or not, but the reality is it doesn't matter. If you're black and you shoot at a cop, the system in this country will destroy you for it. They'll do it via a cop's bullets or through the court system and the taking away of your freedom. That you pay taxes to this same government doesn't matter. That you legally obtained the gun and the permit to carry it concealed or open doesn't matter. They will take one look at your skin color and the implicit bias will kick in. The system behind them will justify it. And that will be it. That is the black experience in America, even for me, who has never broken the law, never held a gun, and has only gotten 1 speeding ticket and 1 parking ticket. It takes so little to lose everything when you're black in this country.

The mental, psychological and social balancing act is exhausting.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Wed Sep 23, 2020 9:08 pm

There are 2 justice systems in this country.
Spot on. Unfortunately I don't think anyone thought that the cops would get anything like a fair sentence.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Wed Sep 23, 2020 9:39 pm

I really don't know what to say. They're really trying to submit people into apathy to allow cops free reign to do whatever they want.

No way that system is ever going to be reformed to the degree where people will get justice. It needs to be burned to the ground.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Wed Sep 23, 2020 9:58 pm

Burn the fucking place down
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Thu Sep 24, 2020 2:30 am

I don't want Louisville to burn. That's exactly what the right wants so they can justify further brutality from state and federal government agencies. White people aren't going to suffer. It will be black people, make no mistake about that.

The aim has to be to defund the LMPD and rebuild it from the ground up. The aim needs to be to systematically dismantle the police union system behind the department as that's what truly protects it from anything approaching accountability.

People are angry and pissed off. So am I. It's fine to be angry now, but then they need to start work on channeling that anger into something that ensures this never happens again. People like Rand Paul can't be trusted.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Tue Sep 29, 2020 2:23 pm

Hope is dangerous, yet Breonna Taylor's family have a small sliver of it now.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Demon of Carthage Fri Nov 27, 2020 9:40 pm

Surprised you guys haven't heard yet about the brutal beating of a music producer in Paris last Saturday:

The frightening thing here is that if it wasn't filmed, the guy would be in prison right now.

And with all these controversial bills that are being passed right now in many countries to give the police more power, I can't help but wonder why? And why now? I mean, It's not like they need to be protected from anything. They have all the power and can literally end a person's life without any repercussions if there are no cameras rolling.

What's even sadder is that police brutality is way, way more brutal and frequent in countries like mine, but you don't hear about it because they don't get enough media coverage.

By the way, I'm not saying that cops have an easy job or that all of them are bad. I certainly think that most of them are decent people. But the bad ones need to be punished just as much as criminals, and I don't understand why anybody would be against all cops wearing body cams at this point or why some of them freak out when they see someone filming them.

If you're doing nothing wrong, you shouldn't be worried about someone filming you.
The Demon of Carthage
The Demon of Carthage
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Sat Nov 28, 2020 4:06 am

Same here, police are using excessive force during protests on many occasions and Warsaw mayor is considering withdrawing funds to the police in return. It's a shame he lost the election for president but I think he'll run again and win in 2025.

I think the reason for violence in the police force is because many nationalists aka right-wing extremists end up in the ranks and they get carried away when given the chance.

Obviously they don't need any protection which is why I'm surprised by France passing those controversial bills.
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by FennecFox7 Sun Nov 29, 2020 7:02 am

McLewis, Rand Paul was the one who crafted a bill on no-knock warrants. He has an excellent amount of work in police reform, much more so then most democrats besides the progressives.

All his ass kissing is lip service to Trump. He does it to survive. You see, the GOP is a cult. When Justin Amash voted to impeach trump, they jumped him like a pack of hounds. he frequently votes against the Republican Party on drug and criminal justice reform, as well as civil liberties
FennecFox7
FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by FennecFox7 Sun Nov 29, 2020 7:07 am

https://www.paul.senate.gov/news/sen-rand-paul-introduces-justice-breonna-taylor-act

https://www.ontheissues.org/domestic/Rand_Paul_Drugs.htm

https://justfacts.votesmart.org/bill/24347/64444/117285/fisa-amendments-reauthorization-act-of-2017#64444

The last bill is a FISA extension act, continuing illegal surveillance on Americans. He voted No and has been vocal about the patriot act

We need to stop looking at peoples party affiliation and look at the person and their views specifically. I’d take Justin amash and Rand Paul any day of the week over Susan Collins
FennecFox7
FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Sun Nov 29, 2020 9:57 pm

FennecFox7 wrote:McLewis, Rand Paul was the one who crafted a bill on no-knock warrants. He has an excellent amount of work in police reform, much more so then most democrats besides the progressives.

All his ass kissing is lip service to Trump. He does it to survive. You see, the GOP is a cult. When Justin Amash voted to impeach trump, they jumped him like a pack of hounds. he frequently votes against the Republican Party on drug and criminal justice reform, as well as civil liberties

It's his Libertarian streak, inherited from his father Ron Paul, a political god among Libertarians. Amash is of that same school of thought as well. They are a bug, not a feature of the GOP.

Paul can draft legislation such as the no-knock warrant ban precisely BECAUSE his partner in KY, McConnell, knows he will vote with the GOP on the stuff that truly matters to them. It is not brave or rebellious, even if it looks that way. It's like everything else in politics: A calculation.

Paul gets no points from me. Neither does Amash.

FennecFox7 wrote:https://www.paul.senate.gov/news/sen-rand-paul-introduces-justice-breonna-taylor-act

https://www.ontheissues.org/domestic/Rand_Paul_Drugs.htm

https://justfacts.votesmart.org/bill/24347/64444/117285/fisa-amendments-reauthorization-act-of-2017#64444

The last bill is a FISA extension act, continuing illegal surveillance on Americans. He voted No and has been vocal about the patriot act

We need to stop looking at peoples party affiliation and look at the person and their views specifically. I’d take Justin amash and Rand Paul any day of the week over Susan Collins

Both of their views align with their party. They are small-government, anti-choice conservatives. The fact that they have a tiny bit of rebel in them means absolutely nothing from a larger perspective. Amash is in the political wilderness due solely to his public dislike of Trump. He gets no points from me for doing what he was sent to Congress to do. It's a lot more of an indictment of other Republicans.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Tue Mar 23, 2021 10:11 am

10 people killed after gunman opens fire at Boulder, Colorado, grocery store

https://edition.cnn.com/2021/03/22/us/boulder-colorado-shooting/index.html
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Tue Mar 23, 2021 2:41 pm

There will be anger, outrage, gnashing of teeth and hands thrown up in the air.

And then this will be forgotten, just like the others.

This country allowed 26 kids to die by the gun without legislating any way of preventing it in the future. It's already been decided that this is the way it will be. We'll just keep experiencing this shit and nothing will be done to stop it.

All in the name of "freedom" and to prevent "government tyranny".

These are not mass murders. They are mass sacrifices at the alter of "liberty".
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Tue Mar 23, 2021 3:56 pm

Agreed McLewis. I don't even hear outrage any more . It has been completely normalized
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Tue Mar 23, 2021 5:13 pm

another incel, this time not white but middle-eastern
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Warrior Tue Mar 23, 2021 5:56 pm

It's easier to make a rampage in supermarket than grow some charisma Rolling Eyes
Warrior
Warrior
FORZA JUVE

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmonica Tue Mar 23, 2021 7:05 pm

OMG...

anyway...
Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Tue Mar 23, 2021 7:09 pm

Hey jiopsi. Whats Finlands secret to their great Coronavirus response? People being well informed and obeying the rules or healthcare system being very efficient?
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmonica Tue Mar 23, 2021 7:46 pm

Myesyats wrote:Hey jiopsi. Whats Finlands secret to their great Coronavirus response? People being well informed and obeying the rules or healthcare system being very efficient?
Finnish people are very reserved, avoiding other people comes very naturally for us. There was a funny picture of normal finnish bus stop before the epidemic:
 USA Gun Violence & Police Brutality Thread - Page 32 E873a1c4066174dd1a241e0955b917cd

I would hardly put any weight on any corona strategy, I think it could've been a lot better than it is.
Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Tue Mar 23, 2021 9:00 pm

I think all of the nordic countries are that way, to a greater extent than most other countries, anyway. I don't know if it's the law of Jante, or some other part of our cultures, but we're definitely more reserved in general, than people from outside of the nordic region.
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmonica Mon Apr 12, 2021 6:08 pm

How much longer Kyle of being judged innocence? The trial is a farce.
Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 32 of 40 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 31, 32, 33 ... 36 ... 40  Next