M99
Pedram
CBarca
The Demon of Carthage
Freeza
47 posters

Page 4 of 43 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 23 ... 43  Next

Go down

USA Gun Violence & Police Brutality Thread - Page 4 Empty Re: USA Gun Violence & Police Brutality Thread

Post by The Demon of Carthage Sat May 30, 2020 9:44 pm

The frustration and anger are totally understandable, and it's being felt by people all over the world, not just Americans. We watched a police officer murder a black man in broad daylight. How can you not get angry?!

But I agree with sports and Fennec. Violence, especially against innocent people, doesn't solve anything. In fact, it does the exact opposite, which is to give the real racists a reason to discount the whole thing and shift the focus to another thing entirely. Just look at how, in just a matter of hours, the main talking point changed almost surreptitiously from the murder of a man by a police officer to a side story of people burning and vandalizing cars and businesses.

And it doesn't matter how you spin it, burning or looting the private properties of people who had nothing to do with the murder and who most likely support your cause as well is just plain wrong.

I understand that minorities, especially black people, are so angry right now. I have lost count how many times I read about a black person getting murdered in cold blood by the police or some redneck. So in a way, I can understand why they are behaving the way they are behaving right now. A human being can only take so much injustice before reaching their boiling point, and black people have been on the wrong end of it for centuries. So yeah, I totally get it.

But violence, especially against people who had nothing to do with the murder or the systematic racism they are suffering from, won't solve a thing, and will instead do the exact opposite by casting a shadow over the entire movement.

The Demon of Carthage
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

USA Gun Violence & Police Brutality Thread - Page 4 Empty Re: USA Gun Violence & Police Brutality Thread

Post by Young Kaz Sat May 30, 2020 11:36 pm

Cars being burned in LA cheers cheers cheers

Young Kaz
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sat May 30, 2020 11:43 pm

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Sun May 31, 2020 12:15 am

Young Kaz wrote:Cars being burned in LA cheers cheers cheers

You seem happy about it hmm This is a shit show. I’m happy I’m not anywhere close to what’s happening in the US these days.
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Young Kaz Sun May 31, 2020 12:35 am

Thimmy wrote:

You seem happy about it hmm This is a shit show. I’m happy I’m not anywhere close to what’s happening in the US these days.

These cars wont be used to transport guys to kill people. Shouldnt that make anybody happy?

Young Kaz
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Sun May 31, 2020 12:39 am

Pedram wrote:
Myesyats wrote:
Pedram wrote:This, looting the ill-gotten gains of the bourgeoisie is good actually and this petty theft stuff are nothing compared to the crimes of the white population against blacks.

Shut the fuck up, you have no defense until you've paid full reparation for centuries of slavery and the genocide against humanity.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arab_slave_trade

Like the Arabs and Asians in general didn't practice slavery. Newsflash, I guess.

I'm not denying the fact that slavery used to exist in pretty much every part of the world at some point in history so i'm not sure what your point is, are you trying to say it's ok because everyone else did it too?

No, I'm trying to say that the "crimes of the white population" against blacks were also comitted by Arabs and other races as well (many slave routes from Africa to the Islamic world) but you make it sound like only whites did it and only whites should pay reparations for it.

However, I'm Polish and we didnt have any colonies so I'm pure. We only forced other white people (Ukraine, Belarus) into speaking Polish and polonization in general, so no harm done Laughing
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Sun May 31, 2020 1:26 am

Whites should not pay for reparations, the US Government should because of the crimes it committed.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Young Kaz Sun May 31, 2020 1:37 am

This curfew for Atlanta at 9 PM is unconstitutional and will NOT be followed. This is a free country and if I choose to go outside at 9:30 to get a sandwich its my own god damn business.

Im not hitting the streets until 9:30.

Young Kaz
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Young Kaz Sun May 31, 2020 1:40 am

She for damn sure aint serving POC in this city.

Young Kaz
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Sun May 31, 2020 2:19 am

Don't agree with the looting and burning, we saw this in the US before and then in England and now again. How does it help other than reinforce stereotypes against all migrants?

For me, this is a clear criminal opportunism, I don't see how burning and looting a dollar store will win you rights back or robbing a Louis Vitton showroom for handbags gonna make a country's police system okay.

I'm fine with the flak i'll receive for this since this is an honest question as a second grade immigrant, I am just hoping someone here can give me a legit answer as to why this is okay? I understand it takes more than a peaceful protest to get people to notice but hurting people at the same level as you and not caring since they are a different skin color?

Also Mc's answer was not sufficient, he avoided the biggest part of the explanation which is causing questions: which is the burning and looting.
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Zagadka Sun May 31, 2020 2:22 am

Just incredible scenes. Nothing more to be said. Really curious how this will end up.

I hope the protestors are wearing masks and practicing social distancing! Is there a pandemic going on still? You wouldn't know!

This set of protests are specially unique, because people have been caged inside for months, unemployment is in an all-time high for almost a century, and it looks as everyone is giving hands to one another for a major internal and external explosion of anger, frustration and fume.

It's amazing how fast the news cycles change.

I've had my share of very terrifying and unpleasant interactions with American police over half a decade ago...Put it this way. They are truly "one of a kind".

The amazing irony is, if these scenes were happening in South America, Africa, or M.E , US would be getting ready to invade and spread that sweet democracy by now Laughing
Zagadka
Zagadka
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Sun May 31, 2020 2:30 am

Zagadka wrote:
The amazing irony is, if these scenes were happening in South America, Africa, or M.E , US would be getting ready to invade and spread that sweet democracy by now Laughing

It would have gone under everyone's noses, and the innocent people would have been continued to be oppressed, pandemic or not.
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Young Kaz Sun May 31, 2020 2:33 am

Nishankly wrote:Don't agree with the looting and burning, we saw this in the US before and then in England and now again. How does it help other than reinforce stereotypes against all migrants?

For me, this is a clear criminal opportunism, I don't see how burning and looting a dollar store will win you rights back or robbing a Louis Vitton showroom for handbags gonna make a country's police system okay.

I'm fine with the flak i'll receive for this since this is an honest question as a second grade immigrant, I am just hoping someone here can give me a legit answer as to why this is okay? I understand it takes more than a peaceful protest to get people to notice but hurting people at the same level as you and not caring since they are a different skin color?

Also Mc's answer was not sufficient, he avoided the biggest part of the explanation which is causing questions: which is the burning and looting.

Black Americans are not Migrants. Whether or not they protest or not the vast majority of white Americans either hate them or are apathetic.

Dr.King was nonviolent, and was the MOST HATED MAN IN AMERICA in 1967 the year before he died.

These riots have got the officer arrested. It has served a purpose.

Young Kaz
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Sun May 31, 2020 2:33 am

Young Kaz wrote:
Thimmy wrote:

These cars wont be used to transport guys to kill people. Shouldnt that make anybody happy?

That's assuming the cars won't simply be replaced, courtesy of tax payer dollars. That'll show em hmm
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Young Kaz Sun May 31, 2020 2:38 am

Thimmy wrote:
Young Kaz wrote:
Thimmy wrote:

That's assuming the cars won't simply be replaced, courtesy of tax payer dollars. That'll show em hmm

Welp, lets not treat people who have cancer. They'll just die from something else if they survive amirite?

Young Kaz
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by LeVersacci Sun May 31, 2020 2:46 am

A random security guard shot and killed lmao

Imagine protecting racist pigs or uncle toms in 2020
LeVersacci
LeVersacci
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Young Kaz Sun May 31, 2020 2:55 am

And Its fuck CNN all day.

Let me tell you how these sons of bitches work.

When Freddie Gray was killed by police, when they couldnt find dirt on him the way they do every other black person who is killed by cops, they wrote an actual story about his mom being a heroin addict. Like that had anything to do with him being murdered by fucking pigs.

Im glad we defaced that POS FAKE NEWS organization. I hope we hit it again when they fix it up.

Young Kaz
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Young Kaz Sun May 31, 2020 3:09 am

Nishankly wrote:
Young Kaz wrote:
Nishankly wrote:Don't agree with the looting and burning, we saw this in the US before and then in England and now again. How does it help other than reinforce stereotypes against all migrants?

Black Americans are not Migrants. Whether or not they protest or not the vast majority of white Americans either hate them or are apathetic.

True, i'll still put them among minorities unless someone has a problem with that categorization.

Again, that doesn't answer my question. Does looting and burning put them in the good books for the White people who are racists, do they need to do this to be equal? If they do then refer again to the bottom most question.

I agree there aren't too many ways out of this but with Martin Luther King and Gandhi, we achieved things much greater than anything we are fighting for right now and how? if you remember. Now, a social media post is enough bring a multi billion company to its knees. Peaceful protests have won LGBTQ rights in the most religious countries you can imagine. How does burning a poor man's shop get an entire minority their rights?

Poor men dont own shops in America.

Black people dont need to be doing ANYTHING to be in white peoples good books. They picked their cotton for CENTURIES. They fed their kids for CENTURIES. They worked for free for CENTURIES. They were disenfranchised for CENTURIES. Black people dont owe white people a god damn thing. And its by the grace of Buddha they are not burning cities down on a consistent basis.

Nonviolent gets you NOWHERE. If black people were nonviolent, and crying in church the way the establishment wants that murderous officer would be on the street right now harassing another poor person. If nonviolent was so successful they wouldnt feel the need to drag out Dr.King, a man who was MURDERED over half a century ago as an example of success. These protests has the world looking at it, and is getting people locked up. It is working.

Young Kaz
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Sun May 31, 2020 3:13 am

Again, reductionist to say violent protest = cop arrested
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Sun May 31, 2020 3:19 am

Are you guys able to express rage in ways other than being happy that there are members of the police force or different security forces being killed?

Every loss of a black member of society to police brutality is a tragedy, but that doesn't mean we should wish death on police. Many, many police have risked their lives to protect us. That's not to say there aren't massive issues with the police force, but it's true.

Type of language in here is getting insane. Jesus Christ.
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Sun May 31, 2020 3:19 am

Can't wait to get absolutely fuckin shit on for implying that we shouldn't wish death on police officers.
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Sun May 31, 2020 4:35 am

Young Kaz wrote:
Thimmy wrote:
Young Kaz wrote:

Welp, lets not treat people who have cancer. They'll just die from something else if they survive amirite?

Weren’t you referring to police cars? I can’t make much sense of your comparison.
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Sun May 31, 2020 4:39 am

CBarca wrote:Can't wait to get absolutely fuckin shit on for implying that we shouldn't wish death on police officers.

I share that anticipation with you Laughing
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedram Sun May 31, 2020 6:07 am

M99 wrote:What the hell does Pedram's nationality/ethnicity have to do with the point he's making?

Why do you all have to get so defensive and do classic whataboutism when these issues are bought up? So fragile.

They're basically saying you're not allowed to have an opinion because your government (which i'm firmly opposed too) does worse things than the stuff we see in the west, it's just plain gatekeeping and being marginally better than the IR on human rights doesn't make you look good.
Pedram
Pedram
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by LeVersacci Sun May 31, 2020 8:33 am

LeVersacci
LeVersacci
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Sun May 31, 2020 9:17 am

Young Kaz wrote:
Nishankly wrote:
Young Kaz wrote:

True, i'll still put them among minorities unless someone has a problem with that categorization.

Again, that doesn't answer my question. Does looting and burning put them in the good books for the White people who are racists, do they need to do this to be equal? If they do then refer again to the bottom most question.

I agree there aren't too many ways out of this but with Martin Luther King and Gandhi, we achieved things much greater than anything we are fighting for right now and how? if you remember. Now, a social media post is enough bring a multi billion company to its knees. Peaceful protests have won LGBTQ rights in the most religious countries you can imagine. How does burning a poor man's shop get an entire minority their rights?

Poor men dont own shops in America.

Black people dont need to be doing ANYTHING to be in white peoples good books. They picked their cotton for CENTURIES. They fed their kids for CENTURIES. They worked for free for CENTURIES. They were disenfranchised for CENTURIES. Black people dont owe white people a god damn thing. And its by the grace of Buddha they are not burning cities down on a consistent basis.

Nonviolent gets you NOWHERE. If black people were nonviolent, and crying in church the way the establishment wants that murderous officer would be on the street right now harassing another poor person. If nonviolent was so successful they wouldnt feel the need to drag out Dr.King, a man who was MURDERED over half a century ago as an example of success. These protests has the world looking at it, and is getting people locked up. It is working.

Thank you Young Kaz. This makes me so happy. Can we vote this GL post of the Year, admins?

CBarca wrote:Can't wait to get absolutely fuckin shit on for implying that we shouldn't wish death on police officers.
Fuck a piggy
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 43 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 23 ... 43  Next