M99
Pedram
CBarca
The Demon of Carthage
Freeza
47 posters

Page 19 of 43 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 31 ... 43  Next

Go down

USA Gun Violence & Police Brutality Thread - Page 19 Empty Re: USA Gun Violence & Police Brutality Thread

Post by VivaStPauli Sat Jun 06, 2020 11:27 am

Awww come on Babun, don't go down that rabbit hole. No serious media organization ran the edited Trump tape, and I didn't see the "Trump said George Floyd would be happy about employment numbers" narrative pushed by anything besides tabloids and click-bait websites.

And of fucking course Trump is far right, the man's been sued for racial discrimination in basically all of his business ventures, he worked with Steve Bannon, and it wasn't a conspiracy theory that he was endorsed by David Duke, or that he saw "good people" at a Neo-Nazi rally.

Just because some idiot re-cut Trump to make him look worse doesn't mean he doesn't look bad already. I also firmly believe that there are real and actual looters amongst the people demonstrating, that doesn't devalue the demonstrations. And just because Trump is insane and his party is mostly backing him doesn't meant that all conservatives agree. It's usually just more complicated and nuanced than that.

And I don't think anybody wants to completely get rid of the police. But they have been behaving thuggishly for decades now, and the DAs are frankly encouraging them. The entire justice system needs reform. But that's a whole other discussion.

VivaStPauli
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

USA Gun Violence & Police Brutality Thread - Page 19 Empty Re: USA Gun Violence & Police Brutality Thread

Post by Young Kaz Sat Jun 06, 2020 11:48 am

Myesyats wrote:Rather than black, he sees himself as “Cablinasian” — a mix of Caucasian, black, (American) Indian and Asian

Nobody can argue with his precision. His mother, Kultida, is of Thai, Chinese and Dutch descent. His late father, Earl, said he was African-American, Chinese and Native American. If that is accurate (and some say his father’s Chinese heritage is subject to dispute), Woods is more Asian than he is black. In any event, he has explained that to call himself African-American would have the effect of writing his own mother out of his racial identity.

goddamn, what a minefield

Funny enough Obama never felt the need to NOT call himself black even when his mom was NOT black. How about Drake? How about every other well adjusted mixed person?

Kultida Punsawad aint even mixed which makes it even worse. Shes just another mentally ill self hating Asian woman who thinks claiming anything else under the sun makes her special compared to the rest of the people she grew up around, and she passed that same illness to her son. Let me tell you what probably(90%+ chance) happened. A dutch person was probably passing through Thailand(lord knows why) and was nice to one of her grandparents. They then started claiming dutch ancestry because they also saw themselves as nice.

Young Kaz
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Sat Jun 06, 2020 12:03 pm

VivaStPauli wrote:Awww come on Babun, don't go down that rabbit hole. No serious media organization ran the edited Trump tape, and I didn't see the "Trump said George Floyd would be happy about employment numbers" narrative pushed by anything besides tabloids and click-bait websites.

And of fucking course Trump is far right, the man's been sued for racial discrimination in basically all of his business ventures, he worked with Steve Bannon, and it wasn't a conspiracy theory that he was endorsed by David Duke, or that he saw "good people" at a Neo-Nazi rally.

Just because some idiot re-cut Trump to make him look worse doesn't mean he doesn't look bad already. I also firmly believe that there are real and actual looters amongst the people demonstrating, that doesn't devalue the demonstrations. And just because Trump is insane and his party is mostly backing him doesn't meant that all conservatives agree. It's usually just more complicated and nuanced than that.

And I don't think anybody wants to completely get rid of the police. But they have been behaving thuggishly for decades now, and the DAs are frankly encouraging them. The entire justice system needs reform. But that's a whole other discussion.

I don’t even think the video makes him look any better with more context.

Putting George Floyd’s name in your mouth and saying he’s happy looking down, when you’re fighting tooth and nails to keep him, and other people like him, from getting justice is frankly inexcusable
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by elitedam Sat Jun 06, 2020 12:03 pm

The media are biased against Trump because he's going after the top two percent. Laughing Laughing Laughing

How do you argue against someone like that? Someone who truly believes in this horseshit.
elitedam
elitedam
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Sat Jun 06, 2020 12:43 pm

I had always thought highly of Babun, ........ until now!
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by FennecFox7 Sat Jun 06, 2020 12:52 pm

elitedam wrote:The media are biased against Trump because he's going after the top two percent. Laughing Laughing Laughing

How do you argue against someone like that? Someone who truly believes in this horseshit.

People are just stupid as shit man

Hillary would have made an excellent president. Considering the way Bill Clinton erased debt and ran this country, she would have been excellent. I truly believe this.

It’s just insane. Conservatives are easily brainwashed by Fox News, and a lot of them are usually pretty intelligent people but they worship that news station.

My conclusion is as someone who leans ever so slightly conservative (fiscally conservative, socially liberal) , it’s because news outlets like CNN and MSNBC aren’t all that great either. Still miles better then fox but all corporate news lies at this point.

NPR and PBS, or any kind of non corporate media is much more truthful and reliable. But not a lot of people watch them.

Trump needs to go. The country is burning, mismanagement during a pandemic, and dividing this country. Let’s not even talk about the children in cages.. that is beyond fucked up.
FennecFox7
FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by The Demon of Carthage Sat Jun 06, 2020 1:09 pm

I don't know mate. When I see the epic fuck-ups and the dire, irreparable consequences of Hillary's intervention in Libya, the word "excellent" isn't exactly the one that I would use in describing her.

Maybe the US would've been more stable and less divided with her in charge, but the rest of the world would've been suffering just as much, if not more.
The Demon of Carthage
The Demon of Carthage
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Warrior Sat Jun 06, 2020 1:11 pm

Who would have thought

USA Gun Violence & Police Brutality Thread - Page 19 Police10
Warrior
Warrior
FORZA JUVE

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by FennecFox7 Sat Jun 06, 2020 1:16 pm

Dude, Libya was another Algeria, it was only a matter of time before shit popped off there. Start by blaming disgusting leaders like Gaddafi first and European powers before blaming her. You should know this better then anyone else.

European powers are incredibly guilty in all this. They are a huge reason our region is a shitshow right now, mainly Algeria and Libya. Morocco and Tunisia are on the right track for the most part. Don’t get me started on Egypt.

France has to take a TON of blame for this as well as the EU. Libya and Algeria have oil and natural gas that is extracted by proxy with nationally owned companies who sell it for pennies to European powers.
FennecFox7
FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Sat Jun 06, 2020 1:22 pm

Warrior wrote:Who would have thought

USA Gun Violence & Police Brutality Thread - Page 19 Police10

Lmao
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Sat Jun 06, 2020 1:23 pm

USA Gun Violence & Police Brutality Thread - Page 19 L9mntnsgm5351
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by FennecFox7 Sat Jun 06, 2020 1:27 pm

The police’s response to all this shows how much they suck. I honestly gave them the benefit of the doubt but there are peaceful protests going on that have a clear distinction from any rioting.

Using excessive force on peaceful protests is tyranny. That is exactly what’s been happening in my home country for two YEARS of peaceful protests. We call what we have a dictatorship back home. If the US wants to follow in the same footsteps, so be it.
FennecFox7
FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Sat Jun 06, 2020 1:58 pm

Young Kaz wrote:
Myesyats wrote:Rather than black, he sees himself as “Cablinasian” — a mix of Caucasian, black, (American) Indian and Asian

Nobody can argue with his precision. His mother, Kultida, is of Thai, Chinese and Dutch descent. His late father, Earl, said he was African-American, Chinese and Native American. If that is accurate (and some say his father’s Chinese heritage is subject to dispute), Woods is more Asian than he is black. In any event, he has explained that to call himself African-American would have the effect of writing his own mother out of his racial identity.

Funny enough Obama never felt the need to NOT call himself black even when his mom was NOT black. How about Drake? How about every other well adjusted mixed person?

Kultida Punsawad aint even mixed which makes it even worse. Shes just another mentally ill self hating Asian woman who thinks claiming anything else under the sun makes her special compared to the rest of the people she grew up around, and she passed that same illness to her son. Let me tell you what probably(90%+ chance) happened. A dutch person was probably passing through Thailand(lord knows why) and was nice to one of her grandparents. They then started claiming dutch ancestry because they also saw themselves as nice.

LMAO, thats so funny.  So they just make up ancestry claims to make it seem like they're part-white? I've never heard that but it does sound possible
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Young Kaz Sat Jun 06, 2020 2:01 pm

Myesyats wrote:
Young Kaz wrote:

LMAO, thats so funny.  So they just make up ancestry claims to make it seem like they're part-white? I've never heard that but it does sound possible

Its actually really common. Even white people in America do it(usually by claiming Native American)

Young Kaz
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Sat Jun 06, 2020 2:45 pm

My grandpa would swear we were descendents of Pocahontas. I think he was losing his mind tho
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by Babun Sat Jun 06, 2020 3:00 pm

VivaStPauli wrote:Awww come on Babun, don't go down that rabbit hole. No serious media organization ran the edited Trump tape, and I didn't see the "Trump said George Floyd would be happy about employment numbers" narrative pushed by anything besides tabloids and click-bait websites.

He isn't a far right, he is an idiot and lunatic. He has to comply with the far right view in the republican camp because of their votes by remaining silent.
The bias and ferocity with which media attacks him all around the world ( Spiegel, die Welt, Bild, Focus in Germany alone) and the articles sound pretty much the same shows that it is organized. Chance of the coincidence is near zero. It means he pissed off some very powerful people. The attacks happen in the US based media the most so I guess those people are located in the USA.
I don't like or defend Trump. From my point of view, Americans had the choice between the pest and cholera last term (Hilary and Trump), they chose cholera but the attacks throughout the media outlets are just too much.
futbol_bill wrote:I had always thought highly of Babun, ........ until now!

I don't defend Trump. My problem is the media. Leave him out of the game. How is out of context reporting which agitates minorities against each other ( races ) solve anything? That's manipulation of the truth right there. One would think, okay, the media has to sell so they "produce" content. But because of that agitation the community is split and people die on the streets. Indirect instigation, I'd say. We've judicative for that. The sole purpose of the media is to inform, not to judge or to tell people what to do. I see a very dangerous trend there, even in Germany. It isn't related to Trump or USA at all. Media outlets think or try to "form"/"manipulate" public opinion about certain topics which is a crime if you ask me.

Last edited by Babun on Sat Jun 06, 2020 3:10 pm; edited 4 times in total
Babun
Babun
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Young Kaz Sat Jun 06, 2020 3:03 pm

CBarca wrote:My grandpa would swear we were descendents of Pocahontas. I think he was losing his mind tho

Could be possible. Not like any of her descendants are Native American. Same way none of thomas jefferson's descendants are white.

Young Kaz
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Sat Jun 06, 2020 4:09 pm

I also don't think Trump is necessarily - I don't know his inner beliefs - a far-right or hugely racist guy. He's a guy who is willing to say and do anything that helps him personally and in politics that happens to be siding with the right-wing people. But I don't think Trump has many strong opinions at all, he's only interested in personal gain. If people of colour offered him a way to success and riches, I think he would side with them just as easily as with right-wing folks.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Sat Jun 06, 2020 4:45 pm

I think he's quite clearly, and has consistently been over many decades, an explicitly racist guy

There's absolutely no doubt about that - that there, that's a racist.

As for far right, well he's definitively got strictly authoritarian instincts, including fascist rethoric that deals in violent imaginery, and not much other political consciousness

so yeah, he's definitively far right in temper, for lack of ideology.

what he isn't though, is a conservative, really

don't think he cares that much about abortion, or religious freedom, or fiscal responsibility, tbh

but then neither do conservatives, really
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Sat Jun 06, 2020 5:46 pm

Conservative in America is just a term for racists who don’t say the n-word
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Young Kaz Sat Jun 06, 2020 5:51 pm

Art Morte wrote:I also don't think Trump is necessarily - I don't know his inner beliefs - a far-right or hugely racist guy. He's a guy who is willing to say and do anything that helps him personally and in politics that happens to be siding with the right-wing people. But I don't think Trump has many strong opinions at all, he's only interested in personal gain. If people of colour offered him a way to success and riches, I think he would side with them just as easily as with right-wing folks.

Kinda like how Multiculturalism does not work until Mane makes a run behind the line? hmm hmm hmm

Young Kaz
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Sat Jun 06, 2020 7:56 pm

Laughing

Art has made some pretty suspect posts recently
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by LeVersacci Sat Jun 06, 2020 8:18 pm

El Gunner wrote:Laughing

Art has made some pretty suspect posts recently
People showing their true colors when politics is brought up lol.

Atleast he’s not fleeing the forum like the others that supposedly got bullied out Molenation
LeVersacci
LeVersacci
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Sat Jun 06, 2020 8:50 pm

This is supect but advocating for violence and preaching communist manifestos isnt lol
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Sat Jun 06, 2020 9:28 pm

Trump might be a genuine racist, but he's so indifferent towards absolutely everything that doesn't directly affect him that I'm not sure.

And as far as Trump the politician is concerned, he lies, contradicts himself and says anything that suits the moment that I don't think anything he says as the president or candidate is a reliable guide to what he actually thinks.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Sat Jun 06, 2020 9:29 pm

Young Kaz wrote:
Myesyats wrote:
Young Kaz wrote:

Its actually really common. Even white people in America do it(usually by claiming Native American)

I’ve actually met a lot of white Americans who claimed native American ancestry. I’m not going to assume that they’re lying, though hmm

As for Trump. Based on what I read and heard about his life, he’s always seemed like a sociopath or psychopath to me. I don’t honestly get the impression that he’s a racist, but I definitely get the impression that sympathy and empathy doesn’t come naturally to him. Based on how people close to him have described him, it also wouldn’t surprise me if he’s committed indirect murder as a necessity to further his business ventures.

Last edited by Thimmy on Sat Jun 06, 2020 9:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 19 of 43 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 31 ... 43  Next