M99
Pedram
CBarca
The Demon of Carthage
Freeza
47 posters

Page 9 of 43 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 26 ... 43  Next

Go down

USA Gun Violence & Police Brutality Thread - Page 9 Empty Re: USA Gun Violence & Police Brutality Thread

Post by Nishankly Mon Jun 01, 2020 1:14 pm

Art Morte wrote:
Blue wrote:There is no doubt multicultural societies have a a lot of crime. When the Irish came over they brought a surge of crime, so did the Italians, etc.

But those tensions also made our society great, and pioneered some of the greatest achievements and advancement.

When surveys around the world is done asking them where they would want to live? US is constantly ranks first.

To say multicultural societies don't function well is very short sighted. Because a multicultural society has created the greatest country that has ever existed.

Your Irish, your Italians and other Europeans in America have long since integrated into one culture and race, more or less. Whereas it's proving that racial differences are not getting integrated nearly as well. Whether it's blacks in America, Turks in Germany or Middle East immigrants in Sweden, integration into one society just doesn't seem to happen.

True, I wonder why the Blacks couldn't integrate with them during the same era? Oh wait

It took 2 world wars for the whites to stop killing each other.

Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

USA Gun Violence & Police Brutality Thread - Page 9 Empty Re: USA Gun Violence & Police Brutality Thread

Post by Zagadka Mon Jun 01, 2020 1:27 pm

Starting to get Juicy....

Betty going after Art (and his girl) for his comment about one potential advantage homogeneity when he is from the most homogeneous nation in the world

USA Gun Violence & Police Brutality Thread - Page 9 200_d
Zagadka
Zagadka
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Young Kaz Mon Jun 01, 2020 1:39 pm

Zagadka wrote:Starting to get Juicy....

Betty going after Art (and his girl) for his comment about one potential advantage homogeneity when he is from the most homogeneous nation in the world

USA Gun Violence & Police Brutality Thread - Page 9 200_d

Japan Homogeneity sucks ass. ive always been upfront about that.

Also Japan isnt as homogenous as Westerners think it is. You'd think the suits in Tokyo would sit by if Akiko in Tokyo faced the same level of racial and sexual violence from American troops and Europeans the way Chiharu does in Okinawa? You think they view them the same?

Young Kaz
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Young Kaz Mon Jun 01, 2020 1:41 pm

And i dont want to be THAT guy, but the same people talking down on Mixed societies are the same people using the things Mixed societies create. Look at Silicon Valley where large parts of technological invention has, and is, coming from. Its as diverse as the football teams these people support yet want to shit on diversity?

We should have a rule on this forum. If you want to shit on diversity you better be coming from a place that has more inventions than fucking Mexico. This isnt racist either before folks start crying. Its fact.

Young Kaz
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Mon Jun 01, 2020 1:49 pm

Freeza wrote:
Myesyats wrote:
rincon wrote:

Yeah this isn't true.

Source: I exist. Have grandparents who migrated to America from Italy because of the war, together with plenty of extended family and entire communities that came with them.

Between 1940 and 1950 Italy had a large exodus to America. Refugees and migrants jumped in boats headed to the US, Argentina, Venezuela, Mexico, etc. en masse. With nothing but what they had on themselves, very much as refugees from Nazism and Fascism.

They're white so it doesn't count.

Do you care to actually offer something substantial to a discussion?

not really

What is this discussion even? Nobody argues that black people havent been dealt the worst deck of cards here.

I liked what Ghanaian president Akufo said about African countries gaining indepedence that they should stand on their own feet because they have the strength to do so. Asian countries, such as Korea, Malaysia, Singapore have done it and are now part of the first world.

What else can be done there for black people in the US in terms of economic measures if benefits aren't enough? And I never said they were lazy

Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Mon Jun 01, 2020 2:02 pm

Young Kaz wrote:We should have a rule on this forum. If you want to shit on diversity you better be coming from a place that has more inventions than fucking Mexico. This isnt racist either before folks start crying. Its fact.

...who knew Betty also had a thing against Mexicans

Anyways this thread has gone off the deep end, let's please keep posts to talking US gun violence, police brutality & the ensuing protests & riots.

Yesterday in Boston we had a peaceful protest at 6:30pm which was pretty big. The Boston PD showed up in bike gear so as to not appear menacing and didn't repress it.

USA Gun Violence & Police Brutality Thread - Page 9 0TxL4EH

Then at 10:30pm the looters showed up and broke windows with frozen water bottles (ie planned ahead) and set cars on fire, attacked small & big stores. I have a friend in the area who spent the night watching over his car. The protest/demonstration was already finished by then, these were just opportunists looking to score free stuff.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Young Kaz Mon Jun 01, 2020 2:07 pm

BarrileteCosmico wrote:
Young Kaz wrote:We should have a rule on this forum. If you want to shit on diversity you better be coming from a place that has more inventions than fucking Mexico. This isnt racist either before folks start crying. Its fact.

...who knew Betty also had a thing against Mexicans

Anyways this thread has gone off the deep end, let's please keep posts to talking US gun violence, police brutality & the ensuing protests & riots.

Yesterday in Boston we had a peaceful protest at 6:30pm which was pretty big. The Boston PD showed up in bike gear so as to not appear menacing and didn't repress it.

USA Gun Violence & Police Brutality Thread - Page 9 0TxL4EH

Then at 10:30pm the looters showed up and broke windows with frozen water bottles (ie planned ahead) and set cars on fire, attacked small & big stores. I have a friend in the area who spent the night watching over his car. The protest/demonstration was already finished by then, these were just opportunists looking to score free stuff.

Must have been a nice car to keep him up all night.

Only police cars have been targets from what I have seen.

Young Kaz
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Mon Jun 01, 2020 2:11 pm

It's a Chevy Cruze iirc, both him and his gf got furloughed due to corona so he doesn't exactly the have the luxury of spare cash to replace it right.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Mon Jun 01, 2020 2:14 pm

Can someone explain just how bad insurance is in the US?
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Young Kaz Mon Jun 01, 2020 2:31 pm

BarrileteCosmico wrote:It's a Chevy Cruze iirc, both him and his gf got furloughed due to corona so he doesn't exactly the have the luxury of spare cash to replace it right.

Dont know how the protesting is up there but down here that would be safe I think.

Young Kaz
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Mon Jun 01, 2020 2:34 pm

I grew up in a homogenous country too and like EG I recognize the narrow mindedness and intolerance in a society like that. Add a vocal minority of Islamic fundamentalism and astounding income disparity made it even worse.

Also reading some posts in this thread, I have to say this out loud. White fragility, defensiveness and apologists is really what holds racism in place. And no, don't have a fit and insult me for calling anyone racist, I'm not doing that, but I am calling out behavior which makes racism easier to exist in the world.

Us vs them right now is really not whites versus blacks. It really boils down to racists vs anti-racists. Having a middle ground means you equate both sides with each other and are perfectly fine with racism existing in the system.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Mon Jun 01, 2020 2:48 pm

I mean, I feel like either reopen the racism thread since Unique is now gone or I feel like it's inevitable we're going to talk about race and integration here.

Which is the dumbest argument I've seen yet tbh. Diversity is an asset and has made this country stronger. It makes businesses stronger. It makes small teams stronger. Hollywood is better with more diversity. It's not up for debate.

Besides, what's the alternative? All the whities live in their own space, all the blacks live in their own space? Native Americans, their own space?
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Mon Jun 01, 2020 2:55 pm

Young Kaz wrote:Dont know how the protesting is up there but down here that would be safe I think.
yeah looking over the articles this morning I see only cop cars affected so it probably was 'safe', I imagine he didn't know that at the time though
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Mon Jun 01, 2020 3:17 pm

M99 wrote:I grew up in a homogenous country too and like EG I recognize the narrow mindedness and intolerance in a society like that. Add a vocal minority of Islamic fundamentalism and astounding income disparity made it even worse.

Also reading some posts in this thread, I have to say this out loud. White fragility, defensiveness and apologists is really what holds racism in place. And no, don't have a fit and insult me for calling anyone racist, I'm not doing that, but I am calling out behavior which makes racism easier to exist in the world.

Us vs them right now is really not whites versus blacks. It really boils down to racists vs anti-racists. Having a middle ground means you equate both sides with each other and are perfectly fine with racism existing in the system.

So you either feel shame for being white or else you're racist? Unbelievable stance

Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Mon Jun 01, 2020 3:30 pm

I wish nothing but joy and success to each individual in the world. But on a societal level I do believe that homogeneous societies have fewer problems than multicultural and multiracial ones. If someone wants to label me a racist for that opinion, be my guest.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Mon Jun 01, 2020 3:39 pm

If you guys think you have the moral high ground by saying its fine to burn white people's small businesses lmaooo it just makes me laugh. Good riddance I guess. Imagine suggesting otherwise - instant ban.

So toxic.

Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by VivaStPauli Mon Jun 01, 2020 3:43 pm

Art Morte wrote:I wish nothing but joy and success to each individual in the world. But on a societal level I do believe that homogeneous societies have fewer problems than multicultural and multiracial ones. If someone wants to label me a racist for that opinion, be my guest.

Racist!
VivaStPauli
VivaStPauli
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC St. Pauli

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Mon Jun 01, 2020 4:26 pm

Rather sad Art is getting such criticism for what are completely inoffensive views. He has a point.

Multicultural societies as a whole do suck individually speaking and have some severe weaknesses but truth is they also have contributed to the melting pot of ideas that have built something like USA, to which is technically the greatest country of all time, objectively speaking.

Yes it is a joke of a country now and whomever says the conditions there represent how it is outside, needs to fucking travel...

But we must separate multi-cultural from multiracial along with understanding the more we grow the minute biological differences between race are too marginal to measure given what one's nurture will override their core nature, on the long run.

Black society is still underprivileged in United States but burning down cars, small businesses etc just because are white is disgusting, herd mentality and completely unacceptable. None of them I would bet are productive members of society. If they are being sparked by members of different agendas as McLewis suspects then I am open to that perspective.

But anarchy is NOT the way to solve things.

If you are black, then you must have much more faith in your own kind to solve things more intelligently than as such.

Then again it isn't even black people who are causing most of the anarchy via Antifa, but white.

But I do agree things need to be shaken up for sure.

Truth is the declaration of independence never took into account any race outside of white people, in 1776.

So race by default ALWAYS will be an issue in the United States.

Point is this debate cannot be as black and white as it is.

Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Mon Jun 01, 2020 4:43 pm

Art Morte wrote:I wish nothing but joy and success to each individual in the world. But on a societal level I do believe that homogeneous societies have fewer problems than multicultural and multiracial ones. If someone wants to label me a racist for that opinion, be my guest.

It's your right to think this, but is there a second verse?

Having this opinion isn't a solution to anything. What it is is a de facto step 1 to justifying why spaces should be segregated.

Please note the nuance here. I'm not saying that is your justification. However, I strongly believe that this is a thought that clearly leads down that road.
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Mon Jun 01, 2020 4:51 pm

Myesyats wrote:
M99 wrote:I grew up in a homogenous country too and like EG I recognize the narrow mindedness and intolerance in a society like that. Add a vocal minority of Islamic fundamentalism and astounding income disparity made it even worse.

So you either feel shame for being white or else you're racist? Unbelievable stance

Don't put words in my mouth.

All you've been doing in this thread is getting all defensive and engaging in whataboutism. I am not telling you to feel ashamed, I am saying stop getting so defensive. And if other posters feel "white guilt" its not right to shame them in turn.

And as someone who lived in both, I think multicultural societies work and are better than homogenous ones. Problems arise because of people who does not WANT it work. You think America, Canada, UK, Australia all would be better off if they were not multicultural?
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Mon Jun 01, 2020 4:52 pm

What Art must understand though is that the world is tipping towards Globalism whether we like it or not.

Keeping segregation or national identity is more and more impractical and will be more exclusive to Eastern-European to Asian polities rather than the West.

It is just the course of the future scale of things, as it stands.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by S Mon Jun 01, 2020 5:16 pm

Art is not racist, he is just being ignorant imo. Taking incidents caused by those few bad apples and portraying it as the norm is what ignorants like to believe.

Let's just say that the positives of being in a multicultural/heterogeneous society far outweigh the negatives.

Besides no brown, black or Asian guy is going to immigrate to countries like Finland or Poland for a better life so you can be happy about your homogenity I guess.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Mon Jun 01, 2020 5:24 pm

Young Kaz wrote:
Art Morte wrote:
El Gunner wrote:Dude.. That's why it's fuck a piggy all the time

They behave like that all over the world.

No they don't. Police in Finland, for example, are perfectly nice and reasonable.

On another note, these protests and riots make me feel pretty happy about living in a mostly homogeneous society. Multicultural or multiracial societies don't seem to function very well anywhere.

You sure not supporting no homogenous football clubs though....your missus probably aint supporting no homogeneity in the bedroom either hmm hmm

keep me out of this please
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmonica Mon Jun 01, 2020 5:24 pm

Dafuq is this racism talk about? This has nothing to do with it, it's about US being a police state, and the force having too much power, and getting away with crimes themselves. If the officer was arrested and prosecuted on the spot, non of this would've happened.

Watch this streamer getting shot a year ago, and there was no action taken against the security guard. That's in a nutshell what is wrong on US justice system nowadays, and how the police is being protected.

Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Mon Jun 01, 2020 5:28 pm

S wrote:Art is not racist, he is just being ignorant imo. Taking incidents caused by those few bad apples and portraying it as the norm is what ignorants like to believe.

Let's just say that the positives of being in a multicultural/heterogeneous society far outweigh the negatives.

Besides no brown, black or Asian guy is going to immigrate to countries like Finland or Poland for a better life so you can be happy about your homogenity I guess.

This. By far.
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Mon Jun 01, 2020 5:31 pm

Myesyats wrote:Europe was war torn for the most part and those Italians, Irishmen were also refugees in large numbers. Most europeans migrated to the US because of two world wars. Of course I'm not here to judge who had it worse, but millions of europeans were also refugees.

The ancestors of todays African-Americans were not refugees, but the exact opposite.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 43 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 26 ... 43  Next