M99
Pedram
CBarca
The Demon of Carthage
Freeza
47 posters

Page 8 of 43 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 25 ... 43  Next

Go down

USA Gun Violence & Police Brutality Thread - Page 8 Empty Re: USA Gun Violence & Police Brutality Thread

Post by Myesyats Mon Jun 01, 2020 2:30 am

Art Morte wrote:
El Gunner wrote:Dude.. That's why it's fuck a piggy all the time

They behave like that all over the world.

No they don't. Police in Finland, for example, are perfectly nice and reasonable.

On another note, these protests and riots make me feel pretty happy about living in a mostly homogeneous society. Multicultural or multiracial societies don't seem to function very well anywhere.

Beat you by 0.7%. Amateurs  :coffee:

USA Gun Violence & Police Brutality Thread - Page 8 Dfmy_olWsAAWdE6

Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

USA Gun Violence & Police Brutality Thread - Page 8 Empty Re: USA Gun Violence & Police Brutality Thread

Post by McLewis Mon Jun 01, 2020 3:12 am

It's almost as if they are baiting the protesters at this point.

For those that don't know, the "thin blue line" is a symbol of solidarity with police officers and departments, along the same lines as All Lives Matter and Blue Lives Matter slogans.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Mon Jun 01, 2020 3:41 am

There is no doubt multicultural societies have a a lot of crime. When the Irish came over they brought a surge of crime, so did the Italians, etc.

But those tensions also made our society great, and pioneered some of the greatest achievements and advancement.

When surveys around the world is done asking them where they would want to live? US is constantly ranks first.

To say multicultural societies don't function well is very short sighted. Because a multicultural society has created the greatest country that has ever existed.
Blue
Blue
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Mon Jun 01, 2020 3:59 am

Blue wrote:There is no doubt multicultural societies have a a lot of crime. When the Irish came over they brought a surge of crime, so did the Italians, etc.

But those tensions also made our society great, and pioneered some of the greatest achievements and advancement.

When surveys around the world is done asking them where they would want to live? US is constantly ranks first.

To say multicultural societies don't function well is very short sighted. Because a multicultural society has created the greatest country that has ever existed.

Back home, at least, people would much rather live in Australia, New Zealand or Canada than the US.

Do agree with theast sentence though, Rome was multicultural AF.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by LeVersacci Mon Jun 01, 2020 7:43 am

Curious to see if they sentence the killer or let him off as they usually do.

All 4 to be charged by the new DA.
LeVersacci
LeVersacci
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by LeVersacci Mon Jun 01, 2020 8:48 am

LeVersacci
LeVersacci
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Mon Jun 01, 2020 9:41 am

Blue wrote:There is no doubt multicultural societies have a a lot of crime. When the Irish came over they brought a surge of crime, so did the Italians, etc.

Your Irish, your Italians and other Europeans in America have long since integrated into one culture and race, more or less. Whereas it's proving that racial differences are not getting integrated nearly as well. Whether it's blacks in America, Turks in Germany or Middle East immigrants in Sweden, integration into one society just doesn't seem to happen.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Mon Jun 01, 2020 9:52 am

I’d say spending 300 years in chains makes it hard to “integrate”

Also none of that is “proving” anything. If anything it’s proving that people from war torn places have a harder time integrating because of their trauma.

Equating race to how well someone integrates is weird.
Middle Eastern people left because of war caused by us. Black people we sold and brought here and there in chains. White people often left because they were free to do so.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Mon Jun 01, 2020 10:05 am

Europe was war torn for the most part and those Italians, Irishmen were also refugees in large numbers. Most europeans migrated to the US because of two world wars. Of course I'm not here to judge who had it worse, but millions of europeans were also refugees.
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Mon Jun 01, 2020 10:13 am

Italians didn’t migrate because of the war. Their migration started because of poverty. It was about 1880 up until the First World War started. In those 24 years 4 million Italians migrated to the US.

And even then. They had it better than the Black people who had been there for many generations and were more Americans than anyone else apart from the Native Americans who were integrated to death by the White people.

There’s difference between migrating because of economy and because you’re being bombed.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Mon Jun 01, 2020 10:53 am

In a way i get where Art is coming from. I also grew up in a mostly homogeneous small-town. And we live relatively peacefully and laid back for the most part.

But it has its own cons as well. It breeds closed mindedness and refusal of other ways of living in an ever increasing globalised world. And these can easily lead to us vs them and racist mentalities when coming into contact with other people. My people are actually very racist towards black people it's crazy lol considering our ancestry is half black, but that's just the impacts of white colonialism for you.
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Mon Jun 01, 2020 11:03 am

El Gunner wrote:In a way i get where Art is coming from. I also grew up in a mostly homogeneous small-town. And we live relatively peacefully and laid back for the most part.

But it has its own cons as well. It breeds closed mindedness and refusal of other ways of living in an ever increasing globalised world. And these can easily lead to us vs them and racist mentalities when coming into contact with other people. My people are actually very racist towards black people it's crazy lol considering our ancestry is half black, but that's just the impacts of white colonialism for you.

Yeah colourism is very ingrained in certain African countries still. It's hard to unlearn centuries of racism like that. Hell, the Rwandan genocide isn't that far removed, it was in my lifetime.

I have a very bigoted family myself, even though I grew up in a multicultural home. My best friend was black, my father is Iranian and I usually hung around a very mixed kind of group. Didn't stop my mother's side of the family from being racist as fuck when we visited them. Often with my family in the room. All that became really normal after 9/11, it felt like racism was somehow accepted after those events.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Babun Mon Jun 01, 2020 11:24 am

Art Morte wrote:

No they don't. Police in Finland, for example, are perfectly nice and reasonable.

On another note, these protests and riots make me feel pretty happy about living in a mostly homogeneous society. Multicultural or multiracial societies don't seem to function very well anywhere.

Interesting note, original European population of Homo Sapiens is only present in Basques and in native Finnish people. They were hunters and gatherers. After the neolitic revolution middle and southern Europe was being populated by middle easterners from the Anatolian plateau. The European hunters and gatherers were slowly absorbed or "integrated" as you say because numerically they were 1/20 of the pastorial population due to food shortages. So European DNA was almost 85% from the middle east at that time. Blue eyes are from that time, blondes still didn't exist. Then hordes of former mammot hunters invaded Europe from the central Asian Steppes to East Europe. They mostly killed men and took wives from the local population due to military superiority. It started at about 11000 years ago. They brought the blonde hair to the central and northern Europe. Even today, the most blonde people are local in central Russia and Ukraine Very Happy
Source: autosomale DNA anlysis of the European population which proved the archoelogical evidences. The ones with lowest percentage of the mammot hunter genetics are Sardinians. Current percentages are around 45-55% middle eastern autosomale DNA, 45-55% Steppe European DNA, 1-5% original West European DNA depending on the sample population.

To answer your proposition, it is a process, takes time, sometimes 1000s of years to arrive at a "homogenous" population status mostly influenced by climate, economics and a selection through diseases/calamities.

More recent, the Jews in Europe who came from the middle east propeled Europe to new heights before the WW2. Then they migrated to the US and guess which country is the modern super power now?

The US problem is very specific but similar to Sweden in a way. In German, one says "fordern und fördern", it means one has to boost/stimulate while demanding returns at the same time which are clear and regulated. In simpler language, it means give them the chance but demand from them to make the most out of it. Only in that context, the said community will develop and the acceptance would be present in the rest of the population. Sweden gives too much benefits and freedom to newly arrived migrants while the US doesn't offer equal chances to certain minorities. This is where they fail.
Babun
Babun
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Mon Jun 01, 2020 11:39 am

Freeza wrote:Italians didn’t migrate because of the war. Their migration started because of poverty. It was about 1880 up until the First World War started. In those 24 years 4 million Italians migrated to the US.

And even then. They had it better than the Black people who had been there for many generations and were more Americans than anyone else apart from the Native Americans who were integrated to death by the White people.

There’s difference between migrating because of economy and because you’re being bombed.

I sense a lot of white guilt from you. No me gusta
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Mon Jun 01, 2020 11:42 am

Myesyats wrote:
Freeza wrote:Italians didn’t migrate because of the war. Their migration started because of poverty. It was about 1880 up until the First World War started. In those 24 years 4 million Italians migrated to the US.

I sense a lot of white guilt from you. No me gusta

Okay?
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Mon Jun 01, 2020 11:46 am

'White folks was in caves while we was building empires... We taught philosophy and astrology and mathematics before Socrates and them Greek homos ever got around to it." -- Rev. Al Sharpton

sounds like something you would say
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Mon Jun 01, 2020 11:55 am

Myesyats wrote:'White folks was in caves while we was building empires... We taught philosophy and astrology and mathematics before Socrates and them Greek homos ever got around to it." -- Rev. Al Sharpton

sounds like something you would say

Okay. Sure.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Young Kaz Mon Jun 01, 2020 11:55 am

That feeling when you try to Racially abuse some protestors in front of a baskin robbins Laughing Laughing Laughing

Young Kaz
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Young Kaz Mon Jun 01, 2020 11:57 am

Art Morte wrote:

You sure not supporting no homogenous football clubs though....your missus probably aint supporting no homogeneity in the bedroom either hmm hmm

Young Kaz
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Mon Jun 01, 2020 12:11 pm

Yeah this isn't true.

Source: I exist. Have grandparents who migrated to America from Italy because of the war, together with plenty of extended family and entire communities that came with them.

Between 1940 and 1950 Italy had a large exodus to America. Refugees and migrants jumped in boats headed to the US, Argentina, Venezuela, Mexico, etc. en masse. With nothing but what they had on themselves, very much as refugees from Nazism and Fascism.
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Mon Jun 01, 2020 12:12 pm

rincon wrote:

Yeah this isn't true.

Source: I exist. Have grandparents who migrated to America from Italy because of the war, together with plenty of extended family and entire communities that came with them.

Between 1940 and 1950 Italy had a large exodus to America. Refugees and migrants jumped in boats headed to the US, Argentina, Venezuela, Mexico, etc. en masse. With nothing but what they had on themselves, very much as refugees from Nazism and Fascism.

They're white so it doesn't count.
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Mon Jun 01, 2020 12:42 pm

rincon wrote:

Yeah this isn't true.

Are we speaking about Italians specifically now or just every country seeking refuge in America? Because the Italian Exodus I wasn't wrong about. I was replying to someone who said "most Italians" were refugees because of a war, which is simply just not true since the mass migration started in the late 1800s and stopped during the war.

This actual surge in migration before the war led to limitations after it. Which eventually led to terrible things like internment camps in the US.

Italian immigrant by numbers:

"Between around 1880 and 1924, more than four million Italians immigrated to the United States, half of them between 1900 and 1910 alone—the majority fleeing grinding rural poverty in Southern Italy and Sicily. Today, Americans of Italian ancestry are the nation's fifth-largest ethnic group."

https://www.pbs.org/destinationamerica/usim_wn_noflash_5.html
https://www.loc.gov/teachers/classroommaterials/presentationsandactivities/presentations/immigration/italian3.html

As to why they they immigrated to America. They had an actual choice, at least the vast majority. They wanted to make money because of poverty.

___

Some other stats about how most immigrants didn't enter because of the war:
1900-1915 (pre-war) An average of 910,631 immigrated to the US per year

1915-1924 (war and post-war) An average of 450,891 immigrated to the US per year.

Then quotas started in 1924.

1925-1932 (Post-quotas and depression) An average of 124,531 immigrated to the US per year.

https://exhibitions.ushmm.org/americans-and-the-holocaust/how-many-refugees-came-to-the-united-states-from-1933-1945

Overall I have a hard time finding statistics over general refugee and immigration numbers during the WW2 period of time, but I'd be glad to read it.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Mon Jun 01, 2020 12:46 pm

Myesyats wrote:
rincon wrote:

Yeah this isn't true.

They're white so it doesn't count.

Do you care to actually offer something substantial to a discussion?

Also in an American context Italians aren't white. They were treated badly. My ire is the comments about Black people not being able to integrate properly like they ever had a chance or choice in the matter.

Most Italians, even during the war, had a choice. The only choice African people had was the mass suicide that happened when they shipped away in chains.

Also let's not act like Black people have been allowed to exist when they had their own communities in America. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tulsa_race_massacre
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elaine_massacre

There's countless incidents like those. It's hard me to accept people on here calling black people lazy etc. like they've been given a fair shot.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Mon Jun 01, 2020 1:05 pm

Art Morte wrote:

Singapore? The most peaceful and low crime rate in one of most diverse countries in the world, on top of their national demographics, they have 30% foreign labour force not included in ethnic breakup.
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Young Kaz Mon Jun 01, 2020 1:08 pm

Nishankly wrote:
Art Morte wrote:

Singapore? The most peaceful and low crime rate in one of most diverse countries in the world, on top of their national demographics, they have 30% foreign labour force not included in ethnic breakup.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:Finnish_inventions

"Look upon my white ethnostate ye coloreds and despair"

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

Young Kaz
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Mon Jun 01, 2020 1:14 pm

Art Morte wrote:

Your Irish, your Italians and other Europeans in America have long since integrated into one culture and race, more or less. Whereas it's proving that racial differences are not getting integrated nearly as well. Whether it's blacks in America, Turks in Germany or Middle East immigrants in Sweden, integration into one society just doesn't seem to happen.

True, I wonder why the Blacks couldn't integrate with them during the same era? Oh wait

It took 2 world wars for the whites to stop killing each other.
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 43 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 25 ... 43  Next