Firenze
M99
Myesyats
9 posters

Page 7 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Go down

MMA/UFC Thread - Page 7 Empty Re: MMA/UFC Thread

Post by Arquitecto Sun Jan 24, 2021 2:40 pm

The problems here were obvious. Conor for some reason wants to keep transitioning into a boxer. He did not fight the way he does for a reason. His usual stance is a karate one which keeps him light on his foot. Last night he was front-footed and flat-footed and that did not help the mobility destroyed by the calf kicks. It was not a real chin knockout but if your leg is dead then you will fall down easier due to your leg given away.

He needs to change his team who are Yes men even Kavanaugh who did not point out the leg kick checks nor even ice it.

Stylistic loss.

If he makes those adjustments in the trilogy added with the fact that he actually gains more ring time since he has very little in four years it will be a different game.

Round 1 one was all his and he looked good in round 2 until his leg gave away.

Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Sun Mar 07, 2021 10:23 am

Blachowicz... Polish power!!

Pay the man Dana!!!

Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Sun Mar 07, 2021 2:09 pm

Jones would have Izzy in a vegetative state. Lets not have that fight happen untill Jones is at least 38 years old Laughing
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Mon Jul 12, 2021 12:19 pm

Connor is done.

Needs to find his level, get in there with Nate Diaz or someone.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Mon Jul 12, 2021 12:30 pm

"Your woife is in me dms" Laughing

if not for the injury this fight couldve gone either way imo

Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Mon Jul 12, 2021 12:39 pm

How?

He got hurt and beat up by the straight left and right hook, therefore forced a clinch. Still hurt so jumped a Gilly without putting on the body triangle, predictably DP got out and smashed him with ground and pound.

He doesnt have any cardio to begin with, how he is getting back in that fight Laughing
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Mon Jul 12, 2021 1:43 pm

Conor hasn't beat anyone capable in 5 years, how is he supposed to beat Dustin lol.

It's incredible how he hasn't milked all his hype yet, because he's so fucking finished lol.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Mon Jul 12, 2021 2:58 pm

I dont agree Conor is done but here's how he ruined his career so far.

Intense focusing on boxing since the Floyd fighting has changed his bouncy Karate style into something flat-footed and one dimensional.

He focused less on what made him great.

Then his focus of his life outside of fighting all the glamour and businesses and what not. His now 3 children to take his edge away and seeing fighting as a peripheral of sorts.

Then his inactivity.

His focus just is not there. All fighters in UFC are predominantly focused on the fight game whereas he is not.

And he looked good in the fight until the remarkable guillotine attempt which was reversed.

In Stand up he was much better than he was in the second fight to which was killed by the calf kicks.

Conor is easily the more talented fighter than Poirier but Poirier has had a renaissance simply because he wanted it more and added to his game and most importantly is active.

Conor simply has wasted his last 5 years and the biggest thing that has led to his downfall is his team.

Yes they made them who he is but Kavanaugh and all are now just a bunch of yes men who are out of their depth. Imagine this guy under a Greg Jackson or a top MMA coach.

Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Mon Jul 12, 2021 3:28 pm

I say finished because;

A. He made his name fighting 145lb guys who simply cannot take his punches. Not the case today, these guys are bigger and arent folding so easily.

B. The factors you mentioned wont be reversed. First of all, he isnt changing camps and secondly, he is far too arrogant to get lectured by others on what he is doing wrong.

Honestly which elite fighter is he going to beat? Charles Oli gets him down and taps him. Gaethje drags him into deep water and drowns him once it goes past 2 rounds as we know Connor is done 8 minutes in.

He isnt fighting Islam, Dariush, Chandler or Hooker just on rep and all 4 could seriously beat him. Especially the first 2.

So who is left for him? T-Ferg, Nate or Masvidal? Exciting hype fights, but not top guys with champion hopes.

Was his stand up better against DP? Well I think he used a bigger variety of kicks, something that has been lacking. But that is about it. Still got hit really hard twice, forced into panic wrestling/grappling.

But he has got hit clean and very hard by in every single fight he has had at 155 or above minus Eddie and Cowboy, 2 shop worn, old fighters.

DPx2, Khabib and Diaz x2 have hurt him standing in every single fight.

His gas tank still sucks, he panic wrestles when in trouble and he isnt a good wrestler/grappler either.

If useless Herb Dean understood you cant grab shorts, or gloves, DP and Khabib probably finish him twice as quick as they did.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Mon Jul 12, 2021 3:45 pm

I dont actually rate his left hand like many do as a lot of his finishes were through a counter-graze from rushing in.

Of course the factors above wont happen given its why they are Yes-men and why Poirier went ahead of him by an international standard team.

His extreme dislike of grappling is a glaring weakness as his defensive grappling is underrated but his gas tank given he is the definition of a fast-twitch explosive, is a huge problem.

I only see him getting out of this once he understands his legacy is being tainted, and that he needs to expand beyond his arsenal and train with someone like Firas Zahabi.

32-33 is actually still young for a fighter but I dont even know if he will fight again given this injury will just put him into what is his 3rd or 4th retirement.

He has all the talent but clearly lost the edge and aura he created for himself, that made Conor, Conor.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Mon Jul 12, 2021 3:49 pm

Agree 100% with arq, on point analysis

He definitely lost his sense of style since preparing for Floyd.

Also i retract my previous statement, Diamond definitely had the fight under control regardless.

Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Mon Jul 12, 2021 3:57 pm

Conor's demise is purely his own fault I refuse to believe its due to being bettered on what he really is good at he has just failed to evolve and been inactive and his idiotic focus on boxing.

MF went on a 2 week coke and whisky bender before the Khabib fight and one before the fight.

Saw Doostin as a stepping stone in fight number two.

Guy needs to understand he is UFC's biggest star and influences a lot so if he doesnt get it straight soon he is indeed done by age itself.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Mon Jul 12, 2021 4:22 pm

I remember Firas saying he would train anyone, Mcgregor included, but they would have to conduct themselves in a respectable manor.

Dont see that ever happening. Every loss has to be something, and DP 2 was "nice Connor", post Khabib "drunk Connor", post Diaz 1 "inefficient energy Connor".

Truth is the game has passed him by as he has not accepted his lack of skills in some key areas and these aint 145lb guys who wilt to him, these are guys his own size who have superior all around skills.

I agree, his defensive grappling isnt that bad. Actually underrated. But each of his skills has to be offset by the fact he has a poor gas tank and eventually he will fold when it gets tough going.

I agree, 32 isnt that old. But he has not been consistently training and living a dedicated life whereas guys like DP and Khabib, who are the same age but have put in consistent work year after year.

I dont think there is any way back for him at all and picking his next opponent will be hard. If he turns around and fights Pacman and Jake Paul within the next few years, I wouldnt be the least bit shocked.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Mon Jul 12, 2021 4:53 pm

lost all respect for Conor now. Absolutely awful and Dustin looked visibly upset by the threats

Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Mon Jul 12, 2021 6:08 pm

The Franchise wrote:I remember Firas saying he would train anyone, Mcgregor included, but they would have to conduct themselves in a respectable manor.

Dont see that ever happening. Every loss has to be something, and DP 2 was "nice Connor", post Khabib "drunk Connor", post Diaz 1 "inefficient energy Connor".

Truth is the game has passed him by as he has not accepted his lack of skills in some key areas and these aint 145lb guys who wilt to him, these are guys his own size who have superior all around skills.

I agree, his defensive grappling isnt that bad. Actually underrated. But each of his skills has to be offset by the fact he has a poor gas tank and eventually he will fold when it gets tough going.

I agree, 32 isnt that old. But he has not been consistently training and living a dedicated life whereas guys like DP and Khabib, who are the same age but have put in consistent work year after year.

I dont think there is any way back for him at all and picking his next opponent will be hard. If he turns around and fights Pacman and Jake Paul within the next few years, I wouldnt be the least bit shocked.

All your points are basically correct. His striking and kicks especially are still among the top of the game but his avoidance of grappling and gas tank have cost him.

Indeed 32 is not old at all and let it be known he began his career very late since he just wanted to stop being a plumber ( Laughing ) so it was a way out rather than being honed at an early age like Khabib.

Also being so poor he couldn't afford his entrance music drove him. To which by way, is the defining factor of what made him.

Guy was training on his yacht with his fam on board for Dustin's second fight.

"Hard to improve as a fighter when you wake up on silk sheets" said someone wise.

Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Wed Sep 08, 2021 2:17 pm

Fights booked before the years out

Do Bronx x Dustin

Ortega x Volk

Santos x Walker

Blaydes x  Rozenstruik

Jan x Glover

Aljo x Yan 2

Ankalaev x Volkan

Li Jingliang x Khamzat

Kamaru Usman x Colby Covington 2

Rose Namajunas x  Zhang Weili 2

Justin Gaethje x Michael Chandler

Sean Strickland x Luke Rockhold

Max Holloway x Yair Rodriguez

Predictions? Maybe we could keep a track of it.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Wed Sep 08, 2021 4:17 pm

Do Bronx x Dustin: Oliviera

Ortega x Volk: Volk

Jan x Glover: Jan

Aljo x Yan 2: Yan

Li Jingliang x Khamzat: Khamzat

Kamaru Usman x Colby Covington 2: Kamaru

Rose Namajunas x Zhang Weili 2: Rose

Justin Gaethje x Michael Chandler: Justin

Sean Strickland x Luke Rockhold: Strickland

Max Holloway x Yair Rodriguez: Max
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Thu Sep 09, 2021 11:02 am

Boring as it is, I have the exact same predications minus 1.

Weili over Rose. As easy as Rose beat her, I cant help but think Weili will come back improved and not as easy to read. If Rose cant make those reads, I think Weili has the inside, aggressive style to beat her.

Rose may just have too good a footwork and keep her on the outside but she tends to fatigue in the later rounds and Weili is so powerful she could do some serious damage.

Why you got Oliviera over Dustin Arq?
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Thu Sep 09, 2021 12:47 pm

Weili is actually a better fighter as Rose when she isn't clinching on her ability to get a flash punch doesnt do much of substance as its her excellent movement that lures in opponents into get shook so its very possible Rose loses this one.

As for your question Ive little ground behind it. I rate Dustin over him but can see Oliviera use a strict grappling game against him to get him submitted. Dustin's defensive grappling is good and he has improved since submitting to Khabib but thats how I see it going. If Dustin keeps it in the stand up and with Oliviera's not so impressive chin it could even be easy for him. Just how I see it going though.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Thu Sep 09, 2021 2:27 pm

Similar thoughts here. I think Dustin is the better fighter, but Oliviera is very dangerous on the ground. Subs are more and more rare nowadays but he has tapped so many people its incredible. Would have tapped Tony too if he wasnt crazy enough to rather his knee being torn apart.

One mistake and DP could be another victim.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Permissions in this forum: