Robespierre
Myesyats
Nishankly
23 posters

Page 5 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

Top 5 TV series - Page 5 Empty Re: Top 5 TV series

Post by Blue Tue May 12, 2020 1:18 am

I just noticed i didn't include Six feet under on my honorable list.

Blue
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Tue May 12, 2020 1:21 am

the entire last season of Mr Robot was great man, the therapy episode is of course a standout for how it was filmed. But i genuinely loved the ending so much, it was perfect really.
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Tue May 12, 2020 1:22 am

Blue wrote:I just noticed i didn't include Six feet under on my honorable list.

watched a random episode a few weeks back on TV, genuinely looked good. Some have hyped it up here before as well
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Tue May 12, 2020 1:23 am

Blue wrote:
Nishankly wrote:
Nishankly wrote:

Good argument on the Pacific.

-----

Robes, can I get a free pass and include a nomination for Brooklyn Nine-Nine?

Back on the Pacific argument, I agree. Pacific is more about the war and the mayhem, the reason Band of Brothers is more popular is because it tells you the story of a company from start to finish you get attached to them like you're a member of the Easy company travelling through their story.

Pacific on the other hand is individual guys with no glorification. I think its probably because Pacific is also a culmination of separate stories while BoB already had a few books on the company, plus those guys were still alive to give inputs when the series aired?

That said both were totally different types of wars. Pacific was quite a lot of mayhem and it has been excellently portrayed in the series.

Fair assessment, and i agree.

I like BOB, it is spectacular achievement in Tv. I guess in the end i have been fed so many of these types.

They are very different not only the war is different, but also the unit are too. BOB follows an Airborne unit, so they go(assault) from one point to another. Not much of patrol and hold like a conventional unit. Also the 101st Easy compony are very renowned and glorified. While The Pacific follows a more conventional unit.

I found The Pacific to be very unique in the sense that the brutality and mayhem of it is on another level. And yes the focus is more on war than the individuals. Where the enemy is not only your opposition but the environment, weather, comrades, and yourself.

There is a quote in the series where a fresh PFC sledge asks Philips what is battle like. He responds

" I slept with a woman in Melbourne. I'm not braggin', but that's at one end, right?....And then way down there, as far as you can go, that's what it's like. And that... that you can never imagine."

I felt The Pacific takes you as far as possible to that end.

As someone who prefers all this over everything, I am on your side.

I think both series are amazing but if someone asked me, I would always recommend BoB before Pacific because people aren't ready for The Pacific.

BoB provides an amazing base where they know 80% of war is horrible and then Pacific goes on to make it 197% and sends all of us into depression where humans could do these crap, no longer than 50 years ago.

Both series are something each human must see IMHO

Last edited by Nishankly on Tue May 12, 2020 1:24 am; edited 1 time in total
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Tue May 12, 2020 1:23 am

El Gunner wrote:I feel like Dark started to get too crazy and complicated with the time travel stuff, so i left it on S02E01

Same i stopped watching at some point in season 2, it got too confusing, definitely it would have helped if it was in English.

Honestly it is difficult to watch non-english TV/Movies, because linguistics is a big part of my entertainment.
Blue
Blue
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre Tue May 12, 2020 1:30 am

M99 wrote:List ten of your favorite TV episodes. Made one ep per show to avoid my list to be filled with Breaking Bad.

Breaking Bad - Ozymandias
Mr Robot - 407 Proxy Authentication Required
The Sopranos - Pine Barrens
Mad Men - The Door
Game Of Thrones - The Laws Of Gods And Men
Bojack Horseman - The View From Halfway Down
Better Call Saul - Bagman
Fargo - Buridan's Ass
Black Mirror - White Christmas
True Detective - The Secret Fate Of All Life

Interesting that I don't have a single Wire episode despite it being in my top 5. The series as a whole was amazing but I can only single out the finales as special eps.

Hon Mentions: BOB - Bastogne, Avatar - Tales Of Ba Sing Se, The Americans - START
Good post M99. So...

Bojack Horseman - Free churro  (slightly above Fish Out Water)
Breaking Bad - Salud  (by far for me ! )
Better Call Saul - Coushatta
Billions - Golden Frog Time

the rest I say you tomorrow ,it's late now Proud

Last edited by Robespierre on Tue May 12, 2020 1:33 am; edited 1 time in total
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Tue May 12, 2020 1:30 am

Nishankly wrote:There is no Indian language just saying.

Just to remind everyone, there is no "Indian" language, we have NO NATIONAL LANGUAGE. We have Hindi which is spoken by about 40% of people.

The series you see in abroad will probably be seen in subtitles within India as well, which means I being a proud Indian will still watch 60% of these TV series in dubbing (sub titles) of my language (which is still 60% or English) while being Indian. This is India, no other country is even close to this and will actually NEVER come close ever.

Last edited by Nishankly on Tue May 12, 2020 1:34 am; edited 1 time in total
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Tue May 12, 2020 1:34 am

Nishankly wrote:
Blue wrote:
Nishankly wrote:

Back on the Pacific argument, I agree. Pacific is more about the war and the mayhem, the reason Band of Brothers is more popular is because it tells you the story of a company from start to finish you get attached to them like you're a member of the Easy company travelling through their story.

Pacific on the other hand is individual guys with no glorification. I think its probably because Pacific is also a culmination of separate stories while BoB already had a few books on the company, plus those guys were still alive to give inputs when the series aired?

That said both were totally different types of wars. Pacific was quite a lot of mayhem and it has been excellently portrayed in the series.

I like BOB, it is spectacular achievement in Tv. I guess in the end i have been fed so many of these types.

They are very different not only the war is different, but also the unit are too. BOB follows an Airborne unit, so they go(assault) from one point to another. Not much of patrol and hold like a conventional unit. Also the 101st Easy compony are very renowned and glorified. While The Pacific follows a more conventional unit.

I found The Pacific to be very unique in the sense that the brutality and mayhem of it is on another level. And yes the focus is more on war than the individuals. Where the enemy is not only your opposition but the environment, weather, comrades, and yourself.

There is a quote in the series where a fresh PFC sledge asks Philips what is battle like. He responds

" I slept with a woman in Melbourne. I'm not braggin', but that's at one end, right?....And then way down there, as far as you can go, that's what it's like. And that... that you can never imagine."

I think both series are amazing but if someone asked me, I would always recommend BoB before Pacific because people aren't ready for The Pacific.

BoB provides an amazing base where they know 80% of war is horrible and then Pacific goes on to make it 197% and sends all of us into depression where humans could do these crap, no longer than 50 years ago.

I Definitely would likely recommend BOB, def The Pacific is more of a niche.
Blue
Blue
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Tue May 12, 2020 1:36 am

I didn't mean Indian language show. I meant Indian TV show (made by netflix though). Same reason I said Persian and not farsi Razz I know how diverse India is. Got good friends from many different parts from there.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Tue May 12, 2020 1:39 am

Blue wrote:
Nishankly wrote:
Blue wrote:

I Definitely would likely recommend BOB, def The Pacific is more of a niche.

Basically, people won't come to me to watch BoB for fun, I would send them to the Pacific first, I would send them to BoB later. It would be better for their mental health to start with BoB rather than them crying at moon reflectors.

Last edited by Nishankly on Tue May 12, 2020 2:19 am; edited 3 times in total
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Tue May 12, 2020 1:40 am

RealGunner wrote:I didn't mean Indian language show. I meant Indian TV show (made by netflix though). Same reason I said Persian and not farsi Razz I know how diverse India is. Got good friends from many different parts from there.

Ignore 97% of my posts then. You're in the good.
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Tue May 12, 2020 2:02 am

There's no way I can put Comedies/Sitcoms with Dramas in the same category. It just doesn't feel right at all. I love them for different reasons. So i'll do different categories.

Dramas:
Breaking Bad
Better Call Saul
The Americans
Mr Robot
Fringe/Justified

Comedies:
Seinfeld
The Office (US)
Nathan For You
Friends
The Inbetweeners

Antologies/Minisiereis:
True Detective S1
Chernobyl
Black Mirror
Band of Brothers

Honorable Mentions: House MD, Fargo, Lost, The Last Kingdom, Spartacus, Mindhunter, Game of Thrones, The Leftovers

McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Tue May 12, 2020 2:09 am

Doesn't work, give top 5 Hamez, plz
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Tue May 12, 2020 2:16 am

I hate that you are making me do this.

Survivor
Breaking Bad
Better Call Saul
The Americans
Seinfeld
The Office

Last edited by Don't call me James on Tue May 12, 2020 2:20 am; edited 1 time in total
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Tue May 12, 2020 2:20 am

Wait a minute scratch all of that.

My favorite show of all time is Survivor.

I'm gonna give all my 5 votes for Survivor.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Tue May 12, 2020 2:37 am

Somethings never change ffs
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Tue May 12, 2020 2:43 am

Dude, I just pity the fools who don't watch the greatest show on television. It's the most difficult game of social strategy that exists in the world. Tomorrow is the season finale of Winners a War (S40).

A literal all winners season of Survivor. It's akin to Endgame. Everything coming back full circle, all the best players are back to compete against the best to figure out who's the GOAT. The season has been soooo good.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Tue May 12, 2020 3:18 am

See you're back to writing Survivor promos Proud
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre Tue May 12, 2020 11:02 pm

Breaking Bad  11
The Wire 7
Games of Thrones  6
Better Call Saul 5
The Sopranos 5
The Office US 5
Band of brothers 4
Dark 3
Dexter 3
Mr Robot 3
Scrubs 3
True Detective1 3
Dr. House - Medical Division 2
Lost 2
Mad Men 2
Prison Break 2
Seinfield 2
Sons of Anarchy 2
24 1
Arrested Development 1
Battlestar Galactica 1
Billions 1
Black Mirror 1
Chernobyl 1
Deadwood 1
Fargo 1
Fleabag 1
Friends 1
Friday Night Lights 1
Hannibal 1
How I met your mother 1
Justified 1
Psych 1
Recify 1
Rome 1
Survivor 1
That 70s Show 1
The Americans 1
The Last Kingdom 1
The Killing 1
The Leftovers 1
The Shield 1
The X Files 1

Last edited by Robespierre on Wed Feb 03, 2021 8:50 pm; edited 2 times in total
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Tue May 12, 2020 11:13 pm

Doctor House and House MD are the same
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre Tue May 12, 2020 11:28 pm

lol ok I correct
Dr. House hype was incredible during my High School years, perhaps the first series tv to be a mass phenomenon. At least here.
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Wed May 13, 2020 12:57 am

I may give Lost another another run, I remember watching in High School. The show was way too slow, dropped it at some point.

My experience may be different this time with all of the episodes available in its entirety.
Blue
Blue
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Wed May 13, 2020 1:16 am

Blue wrote:I may give Lost another another run, I remember watching in High School. The show was way too slow, dropped it at some point.

My experience may be different this time with all of the episodes available in its entirety.

Whatever you may have heard about Lost and its latter seasons, the show undeniably scratches itches very few shows have ever been able to replicate. Just blows your mind so many times in its run, an insanely fun ride.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Wed May 13, 2020 1:21 am

Don't call me James wrote:
Blue wrote:I may give Lost another another run, I remember watching in High School. The show was way too slow, dropped it at some point.

Whatever you may have heard about Lost and its latter seasons, the show undeniably scratches itches very few shows have ever been able to replicate. Just blows your mind so many times in its run, an insanely fun ride.

You really do love your deserted islands
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Wed May 13, 2020 1:44 am

Freeza wrote:
Don't call me James wrote:

You really do love your deserted islands

You know what's funny, Lost has played a small part in Survivor lasting as long as it has (40 seasons and counting). Because at some point in the mid noughties Survivor had gotten a bit stale and repetitive losing a lot of its original fanbase, then Lost emerged and became such a phenomenon as a water cooler show that it gave Survivor, which was similar in terms of the deserted island theme and the marooning theme, new wind and a new fanbase.

Another big one was the first Pirates of the Caribbean in 2003. The film was such a huge box office hit that year and just by accident Survivor had a season at the same time that was pirate themed that year. So that season of Survivor was incredibly well received as well because pirates were in thanks to Jack Sparrow haha.

McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Wed May 13, 2020 2:00 am

I always hesitated to start it because of many reasons but i am glad i watched it. It instantly became one of my favourite shows of all time. It's so difficult to invest in few characters over the many seasons but Lost makes you like most of them which is its strongest part. I didn't like the direction it took towards the end but the journey makes it up for it.

There is no show like Lost even after 10 years.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next