2020 US presidential election

Page 12 of 14 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13, 14  Next

Go down

2020 US presidential election - Page 12 Empty Re: 2020 US presidential election

Post by CBarca on Fri May 22, 2020 6:11 pm

I mean, I think that the response to this will underline why what the first part of what Biden was implying is correct -- there really is no choice between him and Trump if you're interested in making things "better" for the Black community. People are going to let this go because, terrible as it is, it doesn't change the fact that he would be better for the Black community than Trump.

Obviously to put that thought together with gatekeeping who is Black and who isn't is...as I said earlier, horrific.

CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Posts : 18617
Join date : 2011-06-17

Back to top Go down

2020 US presidential election - Page 12 Empty Re: 2020 US presidential election

Post by Hapless_Hans on Fri May 22, 2020 6:50 pm

Have to say that I don't really get what so specifically infuriating people about that stuff he says in that twitter video?

Did I miss something?

@CBarca wrote:I mean, I think that the response to this will underline why what the first part of what Biden was implying is correct -- there really is no choice between him and Trump if you're interested in making things "better" for the Black community. People are going to let this go because, terrible as it is, it doesn't change the fact that he would be better for the Black community than Trump.

Obviously to put that thought together with gatekeeping who is Black and who isn't is...as I said earlier, horrific.


Yeah guess that's the way I see it too

_________________
2020 US presidential election - Page 12 Fbl-ita-serie-a-fiorentina-ribery-5d5fe3bd55aa31c89c000018
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : FC Bayern
Posts : 29981
Join date : 2013-09-17

Back to top Go down

2020 US presidential election - Page 12 Empty Re: 2020 US presidential election

Post by sportsczy on Fri May 22, 2020 6:54 pm

Our choices are... a liar and psychopath... and an Alzheimer's patient with one too many Botox treatments.

_________________
2020 US presidential election - Page 12 0949749001454881112_filepicker
sportsczy
sportsczy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Marseille
Posts : 19178
Join date : 2011-12-07

Back to top Go down

2020 US presidential election - Page 12 Empty Re: 2020 US presidential election

Post by Hapless_Hans on Fri May 22, 2020 7:21 pm

@sportsczy wrote:Our choices are... a liar and psychopath... and an Alzheimer's patient with one too many Botox treatments.


you don't just choose between two people though, you choose between two worldviews, platforms, policy packages, administrations with all that comes with it

Trump alone being an unhinged clown playing B-movie president on TV while there's a decent, smart, progressive administration working on the issues in the background would be ok

_________________
2020 US presidential election - Page 12 Fbl-ita-serie-a-fiorentina-ribery-5d5fe3bd55aa31c89c000018
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : FC Bayern
Posts : 29981
Join date : 2013-09-17

Back to top Go down

2020 US presidential election - Page 12 Empty Re: 2020 US presidential election

Post by CBarca on Fri May 22, 2020 7:46 pm

He's up in front of the American people promoting hydroxychloroquine while the largest study to date on it (in the Lancet) is proposing that it actually increases mortality and heart complications in patients.*

He's actually out there promoting harm to American citizens. Meanwhile, HCQ is selling like crazy.

* It's not a randomized controlled trial, but with 96,000 individuals, the statistical power is such that it makes it VERY, very difficult to assume that there is a positive effect of HCQ, and makes it pretty likely that the finding (increases mortality) is probably true. Would need further randomized controlled trials to confirm or deny outright.

_________________
Beer and guns
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao
Posts : 18617
Join date : 2011-06-17
Age : 24

Back to top Go down

2020 US presidential election - Page 12 Empty Re: 2020 US presidential election

Post by sportsczy on Fri May 22, 2020 7:56 pm

@Hapless_Hans wrote:
@sportsczy wrote:Our choices are... a liar and psychopath... and an Alzheimer's patient with one too many Botox treatments.


you don't just choose between two people though, you choose between two worldviews, platforms, policy packages, administrations with all that comes with it

Trump alone being an unhinged clown playing B-movie president on TV while there's a decent, smart, progressive administration working on the issues in the background would be ok

I don't vote for parties... I vote for people. If I don't like the people, I either abstain or write in someone else.

Just how I am. I'm not partisan at all.

_________________
2020 US presidential election - Page 12 0949749001454881112_filepicker
sportsczy
sportsczy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Marseille
Posts : 19178
Join date : 2011-12-07

Back to top Go down

2020 US presidential election - Page 12 Empty Re: 2020 US presidential election

Post by sportsczy on Fri May 22, 2020 8:01 pm

@CBarca wrote:He's up in front of the American people promoting hydroxychloroquine while the largest study to date on it (in the Lancet) is proposing that it actually increases mortality and heart complications in patients.*

He's actually out there promoting harm to American citizens. Meanwhile, HCQ is selling like crazy.

* It's not a randomized controlled trial, but with 96,000 individuals, the statistical power is such that it makes it VERY, very difficult to assume that there is a positive effect of HCQ, and makes it pretty likely that the finding (increases mortality) is probably true. Would need further randomized controlled trials to confirm or deny outright.

It's weird to me that this quote is not reported in mainstream media fro the clinical study on hydroxychloroquine combined with azithromycin:

"The authors wrote that hydroxychloroquine is capable of prolonging the QT interval due to the “blockade of inward cellular potassium current.” Azithromycin also carries a similar risk. They call these findings “welcome and important.” They add, however, that in the intensive care setting, it is easy to monitor the ECG of the patients, and if proven beneficial, the drugs could be used."

Also, it's interesting that they chose a lot of high risk people:

"For this study, a total of 90 participants receiving hydroxychloroquine were included. Of these, 53 had received azithromycin in combination. Among the participants, 48.9 percent (44 in number) were females, and the average body mass index was 31.5 for all the participants. Among the patients, 53.3 percent had high blood pressure (48 patients), and 28.9 percent had diabetes mellitus (26 patients). These two conditions were most commonly found among the patients."

This is why mass media is a load of garbage.  There is no context given. Just say that high-risk people should not take it at home and, if you're going to take it, you should be in a hospital. So it's really an option for people requiring hospitalization.

https://www.news-medical.net/news/20200503/Hydroxychloroquine-combined-with-azithromycin-and-abnormal-heart-rhythms-in-COVID-19-patients.aspx


Last edited by sportsczy on Fri May 22, 2020 8:04 pm; edited 1 time in total

_________________
2020 US presidential election - Page 12 0949749001454881112_filepicker
sportsczy
sportsczy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Marseille
Posts : 19178
Join date : 2011-12-07

Back to top Go down

2020 US presidential election - Page 12 Empty Re: 2020 US presidential election

Post by Hapless_Hans on Fri May 22, 2020 8:03 pm

@sportsczy wrote:
@Hapless_Hans wrote:
@sportsczy wrote:Our choices are... a liar and psychopath... and an Alzheimer's patient with one too many Botox treatments.


you don't just choose between two people though, you choose between two worldviews, platforms, policy packages, administrations with all that comes with it

Trump alone being an unhinged clown playing B-movie president on TV while there's a decent, smart, progressive administration working on the issues in the background would be ok

I don't vote for parties... I vote for people. If I don't like the people, I either abstain or write in someone else.

Just how I am. I'm not partisan at all.


That's a somewhat nonsensical approach to politics tbh.. to not care about the politics

_________________
2020 US presidential election - Page 12 Fbl-ita-serie-a-fiorentina-ribery-5d5fe3bd55aa31c89c000018
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : FC Bayern
Posts : 29981
Join date : 2013-09-17

Back to top Go down

2020 US presidential election - Page 12 Empty Re: 2020 US presidential election

Post by sportsczy on Fri May 22, 2020 8:05 pm

@Hapless_Hans wrote:
@sportsczy wrote:
@Hapless_Hans wrote:


you don't just choose between two people though, you choose between two worldviews, platforms, policy packages, administrations with all that comes with it

Trump alone being an unhinged clown playing B-movie president on TV while there's a decent, smart, progressive administration working on the issues in the background would be ok

I don't vote for parties... I vote for people.  If I don't like the people, I either abstain or write in someone else.

Just how I am.  I'm not partisan at all.


That's a somewhat nonsensical approach to politics tbh.. to not care about the politics

I've never participated in partisan politics.  I don't have to.  Nothing nonsensical about it...  nowhere does it say that I have to register with a political party to vote.

_________________
2020 US presidential election - Page 12 0949749001454881112_filepicker
sportsczy
sportsczy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Marseille
Posts : 19178
Join date : 2011-12-07

Back to top Go down

2020 US presidential election - Page 12 Empty Re: 2020 US presidential election

Post by CBarca on Fri May 22, 2020 8:07 pm

That study has nothing to do with the Lancet study I'm talking about with 96,000 individuals. Also, all participants in the treatment group received HCQ within 48 hours of a diagnosis, so there was no 1) waiting or 2) selection for patients in worse condition.

As I've said, it's no RCT, but with that # of participants, it's not good news for those who promote HCQ, unfortunately (we all wish that we would have good news on a potential treatment).

Further study required


Last edited by CBarca on Fri May 22, 2020 8:07 pm; edited 1 time in total

_________________
Beer and guns
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao
Posts : 18617
Join date : 2011-06-17
Age : 24

Back to top Go down

2020 US presidential election - Page 12 Empty Re: 2020 US presidential election

Post by Freeza on Fri May 22, 2020 8:07 pm

If Booker was still a candidate this would be very disqualifying... one of the worst things I’ve ever read

https://twitter.com/corybooker/status/1263205193426051073?s=21

_________________
hmm:
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Inter Milan
Posts : 22364
Join date : 2011-06-06
Age : 26

Back to top Go down

2020 US presidential election - Page 12 Empty Re: 2020 US presidential election

Post by Hapless_Hans on Fri May 22, 2020 8:12 pm

@sportsczy wrote:
@Hapless_Hans wrote:
@sportsczy wrote:

I don't vote for parties... I vote for people.  If I don't like the people, I either abstain or write in someone else.

Just how I am.  I'm not partisan at all.


That's a somewhat nonsensical approach to politics tbh.. to not care about the politics

I've never participated in partisan politics.  I don't have to.  Nothing nonsensical about it...  nowhere does it say that I have to register with a political party to vote.


Yeah but it's not like there no POLITICAL DIFFERENCES between the two parties apart from that there's DIFFERENT PERSONS running?

That doesn't figure into your decision?

Maybe it's a translation issue, 'politics' in German understanding encompasses policies, not just machinations

_________________
2020 US presidential election - Page 12 Fbl-ita-serie-a-fiorentina-ribery-5d5fe3bd55aa31c89c000018
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : FC Bayern
Posts : 29981
Join date : 2013-09-17

Back to top Go down

2020 US presidential election - Page 12 Empty Re: 2020 US presidential election

Post by sportsczy on Fri May 22, 2020 8:22 pm

Partisan politics means to vote along party lines regardless of the candidate because you believe in the ideals of that political party... well I don't believe in either the Democrat or Republican agendas.  I like certain aspects of both.  I also like certain ideas that neither party endorses.

Even if there was a political party that met my ideological requirements to a significant enough degree... the person himself/herself is also a deciding factor.  I look at the person first in terms of humanity/intellect/honesty/leadership and then look at his/her politics.    

Just how I approach voting.

_________________
2020 US presidential election - Page 12 0949749001454881112_filepicker
sportsczy
sportsczy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Marseille
Posts : 19178
Join date : 2011-12-07

Back to top Go down

2020 US presidential election - Page 12 Empty Re: 2020 US presidential election

Post by sportsczy on Fri May 22, 2020 8:25 pm

@Freeza wrote:If Booker was still a candidate this would be very disqualifying... one of the worst things I’ve ever read

https://twitter.com/corybooker/status/1263205193426051073?s=21

Holy shit.

_________________
2020 US presidential election - Page 12 0949749001454881112_filepicker
sportsczy
sportsczy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Marseille
Posts : 19178
Join date : 2011-12-07

Back to top Go down

2020 US presidential election - Page 12 Empty Re: 2020 US presidential election

Post by Hapless_Hans on Fri May 22, 2020 8:28 pm

Alright.

_________________
2020 US presidential election - Page 12 Fbl-ita-serie-a-fiorentina-ribery-5d5fe3bd55aa31c89c000018
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : FC Bayern
Posts : 29981
Join date : 2013-09-17

Back to top Go down

2020 US presidential election - Page 12 Empty Re: 2020 US presidential election

Post by sportsczy on Fri May 22, 2020 8:49 pm

and Trump taking HCQ at home is complete idiocy... assuming he's not lying. I'm pretty sure he's full of shit.

_________________
2020 US presidential election - Page 12 0949749001454881112_filepicker
sportsczy
sportsczy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Marseille
Posts : 19178
Join date : 2011-12-07

Back to top Go down

2020 US presidential election - Page 12 Empty Re: 2020 US presidential election

Post by BarrileteCosmico on Fri May 22, 2020 8:49 pm

@Hapless_Hans wrote:Don't think the American Jewish community is as monolithically "pro-Israel" (meaning pro-Netanyahu) as it's always purported to be in such faux-polit-strategical deliberations
I know a bunch of American jews, and while some say that Israel shouldn't invade the West Bank, they are still by en large militantly pro-Israel and most treat being anti-zionist and being anti-semite.

_________________
2020 US presidential election - Page 12 TRAPOBIELSA
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : River Plate
Posts : 25181
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 29

Back to top Go down

2020 US presidential election - Page 12 Empty Re: 2020 US presidential election

Post by BarrileteCosmico on Fri May 22, 2020 8:54 pm

@Pedram wrote:Biden snubbing Kamala, pour one out for our fallen #KHive soldiers on twitter. Molenation
I thought she was slated for the supreme court

_________________
2020 US presidential election - Page 12 TRAPOBIELSA
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : River Plate
Posts : 25181
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 29

Back to top Go down

2020 US presidential election - Page 12 Empty Re: 2020 US presidential election

Post by VivaStPauli on Fri May 22, 2020 9:19 pm

@sportsczy wrote:and Trump taking HCQ at home is complete idiocy... assuming he's not lying. I'm pretty sure he's full of shit.

I'm 90% sure he's lying and not actually taking it. He's an obese man over 70, his heart shouldn't be able to handle Hydroxychloroquin for more than a few days. I mean, he could be lucky, or it could be less bad than current observation has lead medical scientists to believe, but the real question is...
Why the fuck? Is he really so invested in his own lies about Hydroxychloroquin being effective that he now lies, or risks his own health, to not be exposed about that? Seems like a minor lie for Trump scales, so this is mildly puzzling.

_________________
PS: Ramos should've really gotten a red in that last game we're all talking about.
VivaStPauli
VivaStPauli
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC St. Pauli
Posts : 8400
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 35

Back to top Go down

2020 US presidential election - Page 12 Empty Re: 2020 US presidential election

Post by Hapless_Hans on Fri May 22, 2020 9:34 pm

@BarrileteCosmico wrote:
@Hapless_Hans wrote:Don't think the American Jewish community is as monolithically "pro-Israel" (meaning pro-Netanyahu) as it's always purported to be in such faux-polit-strategical deliberations
I know a bunch of American jews, and while some say that Israel shouldn't invade the West Bank, they are still by en large militantly pro-Israel and most treat being anti-zionist and being anti-semite.


ok, yeah I mean not denouncing BDS is probably a step too far with most

_________________
2020 US presidential election - Page 12 Fbl-ita-serie-a-fiorentina-ribery-5d5fe3bd55aa31c89c000018
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : FC Bayern
Posts : 29981
Join date : 2013-09-17

Back to top Go down

2020 US presidential election - Page 12 Empty Re: 2020 US presidential election

Post by sportsczy on Fri May 22, 2020 10:15 pm

@VivaStPauli wrote:
@sportsczy wrote:and Trump taking HCQ at home is complete idiocy... assuming he's not lying. I'm pretty sure he's full of shit.

I'm 90% sure he's lying and not actually taking it. He's an obese man over 70, his heart shouldn't be able to handle Hydroxychloroquin for more than a few days. I mean, he could be lucky, or it could be less bad than current observation has lead medical scientists to believe, but the real question is...
Why the fuck? Is he really so invested in his own lies about Hydroxychloroquin being effective that he now lies, or risks his own health, to not be exposed about that? Seems like a minor lie for Trump scales, so this is mildly puzzling.

Make that 99.99% sure. He's lying for sure unless he's crazy. I think he's more of a liar than crazy...

_________________
2020 US presidential election - Page 12 0949749001454881112_filepicker
sportsczy
sportsczy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Marseille
Posts : 19178
Join date : 2011-12-07

Back to top Go down

2020 US presidential election - Page 12 Empty Re: 2020 US presidential election

Post by McLewis on Fri May 22, 2020 11:35 pm

@Freeza wrote:If Booker was still a candidate this would be very disqualifying... one of the worst things I’ve ever read

https://twitter.com/corybooker/status/1263205193426051073?s=21


Yikes. I mean I'm as much an oreo as he is, but none of them would make my top 5.

In fact...now I want to know everyone's top 5. Will post in the Rap thread.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Roma
Posts : 11827
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 31

Back to top Go down

2020 US presidential election - Page 12 Empty Re: 2020 US presidential election

Post by Freeza on Sat May 23, 2020 2:30 am

https://twitter.com/avgei/status/1263962071932207106?s=21

_________________
hmm:
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Inter Milan
Posts : 22364
Join date : 2011-06-06
Age : 26

Back to top Go down

2020 US presidential election - Page 12 Empty Re: 2020 US presidential election

Post by El Gunner on Sat May 23, 2020 2:36 am

@CBarca wrote:lmaooooooooooo what an idiot

I mean the point he's made about between him or Trump isn't a bad one, but the comment after that is absolutely horrific

Had a chuckle at the "oh I'm in trouble" comment though. Hilarious.

Joe really gonna be Trump 2.0 in terms of the gaffes and constant spewing of shit, but more enjoyable since it won't consistently be racist, sexist, white power embracing propaganda. It will only occasionally be racist, or sexist, or white power embracing propaganda.

2024 can't come soon enough


and "only occasionally" makes it any less worse? Laughing

_________________
2020 US presidential election - Page 12 You_ar10
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Club Supported : Arsenal
Posts : 16055
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 23

Back to top Go down

2020 US presidential election - Page 12 Empty Re: 2020 US presidential election

Post by El Gunner on Sat May 23, 2020 2:38 am

@Freeza wrote:https://twitter.com/avgei/status/1263962071932207106?s=21

epic

_________________
2020 US presidential election - Page 12 You_ar10
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Club Supported : Arsenal
Posts : 16055
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 23

Back to top Go down

2020 US presidential election - Page 12 Empty Re: 2020 US presidential election

Post by CBarca on Sat May 23, 2020 4:01 am

Uhh yeah it is less worse.

It's like asking if getting your dick bit or cut off is worse. I'd rather get bit.

_________________
Beer and guns
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao
Posts : 18617
Join date : 2011-06-17
Age : 24

Back to top Go down

2020 US presidential election - Page 12 Empty Re: 2020 US presidential election

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 12 of 14 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13, 14  Next

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum