Lucifer
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Kaladin
29 posters

Page 25 of 40 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26 ... 32 ... 40  Next

Go down

General Games Discussion - Page 25 Empty Re: General Games Discussion

Post by Babun Sun Jul 05, 2020 12:37 pm

Console games are going to cost 70$ in average (currently 60$). The reason is apparently, Microsoft and Somy want to sell their consoles cheaper to reach broader distribution from the very start and the software development has gotten very expensive over the years.
Source:
https://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/2020-07-02-idg-other-publishers-are-considering-raising-game-prices-for-ps5-and-xbox-series-x

Babun
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Sun Jul 05, 2020 1:20 pm

It'd more sustainable for the business to curb the cost of development rather than balance out perpetually increasing costs with even bigger prices.

In the AAA market especially, there's a misguided notion that every new release has to be bigger, more detailed and more photo-realistic than ever before when a lot of this is just window dressing.

Maybe it's just me, but I'd be happy for games to be more smaller if it meant preventing a price increase.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by Babun Sun Jul 05, 2020 2:04 pm

Jay29 wrote:It'd more sustainable for the business to curb the cost of development rather than balance out perpetually increasing costs with even bigger prices.

In the AAA market especially, there's a misguided notion that every new release has to be bigger, more detailed and more photo-realistic than ever before when a lot of this is just window dressing.

Maybe it's just me, but I'd be happy for games to be more smaller if it meant preventing a price increase.

The alternative: shorter games with less content and more expensive consoles from the very start.
Babun
Babun
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Sun Jul 05, 2020 2:13 pm

Games have been getting cheaper while development hace likely gone up, its not sustainable. Something has to change.
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Sun Jul 05, 2020 2:19 pm

Babun wrote:Console games are going to cost 70$ in average (currently 60$). The reason is apparently, Microsoft and Somy want to sell their consoles cheaper to reach broader distribution from the very start and the software development has gotten very expensive over the years.
Source:
https://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/2020-07-02-idg-other-publishers-are-considering-raising-game-prices-for-ps5-and-xbox-series-x

Seems like just adjusting for inflation 60*1.02^6 = 67.5, so the real increase is pretty minimal.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by danyjr Sun Jul 05, 2020 8:58 pm

Inflation is 2%?
danyjr
danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Boca Juniors

http://www.tikitakatoom.ml

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Tue Jul 07, 2020 3:22 pm

https://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/2020-07-03-amazon-and-google-are-in-games-for-the-wrong-reasons-opinion

Amazon and Google are in games for the wrong reasons
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Tue Jul 07, 2020 3:24 pm

danyjr wrote:Inflation is 2%?

Depends on the country, but typically it's somewhere between 1.5-2.5% per year in most developed countries
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Tue Jul 07, 2020 4:54 pm

I don't mind game prices going up if it meant less microtransaction greedy bullshit.

But seeing as that's not gonna happen....
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by danyjr Tue Jul 07, 2020 5:07 pm

BarrileteCosmico wrote:https://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/2020-07-03-amazon-and-google-are-in-games-for-the-wrong-reasons-opinion

Amazon and Google are in games for the wrong reasons
Good article.

I played Amazon's Crucible (beta) on Steam. It was so bland and boring that wasn't even worth hard drive space on my PC. There are literally hundreds of Chinese copycat games like that on the market for free.

In fact if Crucible wasn't published by Amazon we wouldn't have heard of the game in a thousand years. Embarrassing product.
danyjr
danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Tue Jul 07, 2020 5:17 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:I don't mind game prices going up if it meant less microtransaction greedy bullshit.

But seeing as that's not gonna happen....

I agree with this, but I imagine casual gamers, which a lot of consumers are, can’t or aren’t willing to afford games that are much more expensive than they already are. This likely explains why the price has stayed roughly the same for so long.
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Tue Jul 07, 2020 6:16 pm

Finally finished MGSV and found it so hard to let go since the gameplay is basically the best Ive ever played, that I accomplished 100%.

Once again, for a game this unfinished and for it to be this good is quite a feat and it is a shame that the saga of MGS has ended on a disjointed note that leaves more questions than answers. But the audio notes do tie up a lot of ulterior questions and Zero's cameo in the truth cassettes were brilliant along with whomever voiced him.

The twist at the end was not necessary but does tie up some potholes in MG1 and does explain why Venom is so quiet, compared to his counterpart.

1. Big Boss
2. Ocelot
3. Solid

Definitely one of the best games I have played and perfect in terms of gameplay.

Next game likely will be Dark Souls -----> Bloodbourne etc but in 2-3 months or so.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by danyjr Tue Jul 07, 2020 6:47 pm

Your review makes me think I should really play MGS V. It's been in my backlog for years.
danyjr
danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Tue Jul 07, 2020 6:57 pm

Arquitecto wrote:Finally finished MGSV and found it so hard to let go since the gameplay is basically the best Ive ever played, that I accomplished 100%.

Once again, for a game this unfinished and for it to be this good is quite a feat and it is a shame that the saga of MGS has ended on a disjointed note that leaves more questions than answers. But the audio notes do tie up a lot of ulterior questions and Zero's cameo in the truth cassettes were brilliant along with whomever voiced him.

The twist at the end was not necessary but does tie up some potholes in MG1 and does explain why Venom is so quiet, compared to his counterpart.

1. Big Boss
2. Ocelot
3. Solid

Definitely one of the best games I have played and perfect in terms of gameplay.

Next game likely will be Dark Souls -----> Bloodbourne etc but in 2-3 months or so.

Pretty much my opinion too. It often felt like a standalone game in the MGS universe. Definitely needed a chapter 3 to link to events to MG1
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Thu Jul 09, 2020 12:41 am

downloaded Steam, and now im trying to get a PS3 controller connected to my PC, but having no luck so far...
any tips?
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Babun Thu Jul 09, 2020 1:33 pm

El Gunner wrote:downloaded Steam, and now im trying to get a PS3 controller connected to my PC, but having no luck so far...
any tips?

1. Install the Sony driver for the PC to recognize the controller : https://www.playstation.com/en-gb/explore/playstation-now/ps-now-on-pc/
2. Connect the controller via cable, press Windows Button+R then type "joy.cpl". You can see there whether the controller was recognized by the system.
3. Open steam, click on steam(left upper corner) then choose settings then choose controller then choose general controller settings. Tick the box with "PS configuration assistant". PS stand for playstation type controllers (PS1-4). Also tick the guide button, click on ok. You can go on and activate big picture mode with the PS button of the PS3 controller to test out whether it worked.
Babun
Babun
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Thu Jul 09, 2020 3:19 pm

^^thanks, i ended up finding some other cheap thing called scptoolkit to help me Laughing but your suggestion seems more legit. Unfortunately, my pc specs are too poor to play any legit game it seems, can't even handle Counter-Strike Laughing
i just wanted to make my gaming return official and catch up on all the games i haven't played in the last decade -- Watch Dogs being number 1 on the list Crying or Very sad
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Babun Thu Jul 09, 2020 3:28 pm

El Gunner wrote:^^thanks, i ended up finding some other cheap thing called scptoolkit to help me Laughing but your suggestion seems more legit. Unfortunately, my pc specs are too poor to play any legit game it seems, can't even handle Counter-Strike Laughing
i just wanted to make my gaming return official and catch up on all the games i haven't played in the last decade -- Watch Dogs being number 1 on the list Crying or Very sad

You can add non steam games to steam and start games from there with the full controller support, better than 3rd party solutions of you don't know who:
Babun
Babun
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by danyjr Thu Jul 09, 2020 10:24 pm

World of Warcraft is dropping the fee to change your character's gender

World of Warcraft will be dropping the $15/£13 charge to change your character's gender in the upcoming Shadowlands expansion.

Despite being able to change pretty much every other aspect of your physical appearance at the barbershop for a small amount of in-game currency relative to your character's level, the only way to change your character's gender is to pay $15/£13 through Battle.net. If you change your mind later on, you have to pay the full price once again.

That's set to change in Shadowlands though, as executive producer John Hight told Eurogamer that requiring players to pay to change their gender was "not the right message" Blizzard wanted to put out. Especially when you can change everything from skin colour to facial features in-game already. Instead, gender will become another feature you can adjust in the barbershop.

https://www.pcgamer.com/uk/world-of-warcraft-is-dropping-the-fee-to-change-your-characters-gender/
danyjr
danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmonica Fri Jul 10, 2020 8:59 am

Microsoft Flight Simulator starting closed beta on 30.7. The second revolutionary game this year after M&BII: Bannerlord, and also only the second new game I'll probably play this year. Just started another Baldur's Gate playthrough.
Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedram Fri Jul 10, 2020 3:56 pm

General Games Discussion - Page 25 Image
Pedram
Pedram
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by danyjr Fri Jul 10, 2020 4:01 pm

General Games Discussion - Page 25 Ecj2StnVAAUrlAh?format=png&name=large

Even the story is becoming a copy-paste ffs Laughing
danyjr
danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Babun Fri Jul 10, 2020 4:52 pm

GTA V in disguise Laughing
Babun
Babun
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Fri Jul 10, 2020 7:38 pm

Plot sounds like a carbon copy of Far Cry 4.

Biggest FC map so far...yeesh Ubisoft, don't make it like Odyssey. Far Cry 5 was a flawed game but I had a lot of fun with it. A bigger map is not what I want to see. There are other things that need to be fixed.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Fri Jul 10, 2020 11:09 pm

Pedram wrote:General Games Discussion - Page 25 Image

That guy looks a bit like Gus Frings/Giancarlo Esposito.
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Fri Jul 10, 2020 11:20 pm

He is Giancarlo Esposito lol

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin